Author Topic: Dog owner fatally mauled by Staffordshire bull terrier while interviewed by BBC  (Read 5957 times)

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
But, but he's a "Staffie" (English) not one of those "pit bulls" (American). That means he's better and not prohibited, therefore not "bad".

staffies and "pitbulls" in general have very similar temperaments. they tend to be naturally dog aggressive but soft as sht with humans. SBTs are actually nicknamed "nanny dogs" in UK because they are notoriously good with children.

the only reason pit bull types are banned in uk is they attract idiot owners that mistreat and mismanage them, end result a powerful,vicious dog they have no control over.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

staffies and "pitbulls" in general have very similar temperaments. they tend to be naturally dog aggressive but soft as sht with humans. SBTs are actually nicknamed "nanny dogs" in UK because they are notoriously good with children.

the only reason pit bull types are banned in uk is they attract idiot owners that mistreat and mismanage them, end result a powerful,vicious dog they have no control over.
What you said doesn't really make sense. It pretty much means that there is nothing stopping a person from buying a Staffie and doing the same thing, since they have similar temperament. A lot of the fighting dogs are about 45 pounds. About the same as a Staffie (35-45 pounds), but less than a standard Bull Terrier. The big monsterous pits are like bodybuilders, non functioning mass, get winded and are poor in the ring. They are more "human intimidating"

There was a documentary on dog fighting in the UK.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ellam_dogfighting-undercover-bbc-documentary_animals

Simple Simon

hahaha just reread i missed the word "not" from the article ......ok is me that's high on this occasion  >:(
I was just about to point that out  ;D

Its one of those slips when reading, you can read the same piece of text multiple times and still miss a word you are not expecting because your brain has already come to a conclusion.

There is a name for it but i cant remember what...

Conker

• Getbig IV
I was just about to point that out  ;D

Its one of those slips when reading, you can read the same piece of text multiple times and still miss a word you are not expecting because your brain has already come to a conclusion.

There is a name for it but i cant remember what...

i actually read it about half a dozen times without spotting it! was thinking what the fk are these people on about lol

What you said doesn't really make sense. It pretty much means that there is nothing stopping a person from buying a Staffie and doing the same thing, since they have similar temperament. A lot of the fighting dogs are about 45 pounds. About the same as a Staffie (35-45 pounds), but less than a standard Bull Terrier. The big monsterous pits are like bodybuilders, non functioning mass, get winded and are poor in the ring. They are more "human intimidating"

There was a documentary on dog fighting in the UK.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ellam_dogfighting-undercover-bbc-documentary_animals

what bit doesn't make sense?

there is nothing stopping anyone buying a staffie and then crossing it with something else. there's just a very good chance the offspring will then fall into the pitbull type classification and can then be taken away by the authorities and destroyed.

most bull terrier breeds tend to generally have similar temperaments, anyone that's been around a lot of them will testify. they tend to be naturally dog aggressive whilst loving people.

i'd personally love to own an ASBT but they fall into pitbull type in the UK. the law is pretty stupid but unfortunately these types of dogs attract idiots that want a dog as a status symbol.  

Conker

• Getbig IV
I don't support dog fighting in any way, but I do support the APBT.  This is an old documentary about dog fighting.  To your point about Pit bulls being animal aggressive, but not human aggressive.  Baker Davis talks about grand champion Boomerang 10:40-11:50.  

exactly, even when trained to fight other dogs their over riding natural instinct is still people friendly. there are stories (may just be myth) back in the day when dog fighting was legal in the UK that an injured staffy would often be taken home in same pram with the baby after a fight lol as their temperament with people was so reliable.

Simple Simon

I don't support dog fighting in any way, but I do support the APBT.  This is an old documentary about dog fighting.  To your point about Pit bulls being animal aggressive, but not human aggressive.  Baker Davis talks about grand champion Boomerang 10:40-11:50.  

unfortunately the pits have a strong prey drive and a very strong bite, they also have a tendency to shake whatever they grab a hold of, that combination isn't great if they bite an adult and worse still a child.
many other breeds even larger dogs dont have those three combined traits hence why pitbulls are so feared by the general public.

I used to own a french mastiff American bulldog mix, he wasnt aggressive to other dogs unless challenged or attacked, he then flipped and simply wouldnt have stopped until he killed the other dog unless I got him off, he used to flip dogs over and grab their groin area.
I had to keep him on the lead at all times unless I was miles from anywhere.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Bad owners fuck it up for everyone else

Dogs are largely awesome
T

doggler

• Getbig IV
I thought this was a sex video shoot between Vince and Adonis that went wrong.....

Meta-physical

i actually read it about half a dozen times without spotting it! was thinking what the fk are these people on about lol

I had to read it about the same amount of times as well. I thought you were trolling me! I've looked after two Staffordshire Bull Terriers before - great dogs but I will always be a mastiff owner. My Dogue De Bordeaux is the love of my life.

Conker

• Getbig IV
I had to read it about the same amount of times as well. I thought you were trolling me! I've looked after two Staffordshire Bull Terriers before - great dogs but I will always be a mastiff owner. My Dogue De Bordeaux is the love of my life.

hahaha

i have a 10 year staffy is as loyal an animal as you could ever get. even when i take a sht he sits outside the bathroom door waiting lol. my mate has a fkin huge 2 or 3yr old brindle mastiff , not sure of the exact breed but is a beautiful dog

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
No, hes totally wrong in his conclusion, the article is correct

The dog is named as a staff and also confirmed as not a dangerous dog under the act.

that is factually correct.

Right.  But in this case the act was wrong.  Therefore it's the owner who should have been banned, which he was, by act of dog.  QED.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
Dog owner fatally mauled by Staffordshire bull terrier while he was being 'interviewed for BBC documentary'

A dog owner mauled to death by his Staffordshire bull terrier was allegedly being interviewed by the BBC when the horrific attack took place.

Police say that a 41-year-old man died in Wood Green, North London, after being bitten on the neck by his pet dog.

But it has now been claimed that BBC staff were present during the filming of a documentary when the dog fatally attacked its owner.

In a statement to Sky, the BBC said: ‘We are aware of an incident but we cannot comment any further as it’s an ongoing investigation.’

The man’s cause of death was recorded as hypovolemic shock and damage to the airway – with the injuries said to be consistent with a dog bite.

He was pronounced dead at hospital in the early hours of Tuesday last week, after police were called to a property at 10.25PM on Monday evening.

The dog remains in secure kennels after being seized by police – who have since confirmed that the animal is not prohibited under the Dangerous Dogs Act.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/dog-owner-fatally-mauled-by-staffordshire-bull-terrier-while-he-was-being-interviewed-for-bbc-documentary-074925727.html

And the dog's owner was telling in that interview how harmless and sweet these dog's are, and how their bad reputation is only bullshit spread by dog haters.. ;D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
UkJeffery would suffer the same fate, except he'd die ceying and trying to call the police on the dog.

Simple Simon

UkJeffery would suffer the same fate, except he'd die ceying and trying to call the police on the dog.
If dogs could talk they wouldn't speak to you...