Author Topic: Counterfeit Under Armour clothing?  (Read 4599 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Counterfeit Under Armour clothing?
« on: March 30, 2017, 06:10:04 AM »
I wore under armour cloths since their inception.  Before it was popular.  I helped coach a high school team and that's where under armour starter to market their shit.
Anyways.  This shit is not cheap.  Polos are $60 and up , T-shirts are pricey and so are the rest of their line.

Yet I see all sorts of mexicans now sporting UA shit.  No fucking way these mexicans are paying $50 for a shirt.  Is there a counterfeit market on this where they're selling shit for $5 or $10?  Seeing all of these mexicans in the gym and on the street covered head to toe in UA, I have just packed all the shit I had up and don't want to wear it.  Fucking hate counterfeits.  Same as when I'm wearing my rolex watches and I see the fucking kid behind the counter at McDonalds wearing a fake one.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
Re: Counterfeit Under Armour clothing?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 06:17:28 AM »
I wore under armour cloths since their inception.  Before it was popular.  I helped coach a high school team and that's where under armour starter to market their shit.
Anyways.  This shit is not cheap.  Polos are $60 and up , T-shirts are pricey and so are the rest of their line.

Yet I see all sorts of mexicans now sporting UA shit.  No fucking way these mexicans are paying $50 for a shirt.  Is there a counterfeit market on this where they're selling shit for $5 or $10?  Seeing all of these mexicans in the gym and on the street covered head to toe in UA, I have just packed all the shit I had up and don't want to wear it.  Fucking hate counterfeits.  Same as when I'm wearing my rolex watches and I see the fucking kid behind the counter at McDonalds wearing a fake one.

You can thank the flea markets across the US for a lot of the counterfeit clothes, shoes, watches and DVDs.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 06:25:19 AM »
You can thank the flea markets across the US for a lot of the counterfeit clothes, shoes, watches and DVDs.

That's what I'm thinking.  I see mexican yard workers wearing all UA gear.  These guys get $5 an hour.  No way they're paying for legit clothes.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 06:38:24 AM »
i think its two things.

1. counterfeit is very common, no reason why there wouldnt be for under armour when most every other  brand gets copied.

2. ive seen quite a few times UA dropping on price on sales etc i think the whole brand lost its touch... kinda like wearing tapout now  :-\

i'd still wear some of their stuff like underwear only i think nike's combat or whatever its called is as good or better.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 06:44:11 AM »

Two things:  I was in the same boat - original UA.  Now UA is for fat suburban dads.   There's better brands - hylete, OR, icebreaker, khul, etc.......

But, in the context of UA, there are UA outlets that sell all there stuff much cheaper than what you're saying.  Polos can be had for 20-25 bucks.
Y

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »
I can't think of a brand I dislike more than under armor.cant stand the material or the look.But yes everything these days is counterfeited crap.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 12:26:32 PM »

First of all, now all Mexicans are poor trump-voter. Hell, Carlos Slim just drop to #6 richest man. 2nd, UA really isn't $$$. You can go to amazon or UA outlet and get a shirt for 25 bucks. This isn't luluemon. My GF buys their ridiculous shit. 130 bucks for leggings just for the gym? fuck that. Look nice on though. ;D
A

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 12:26:37 PM »
every PT swears by UA here, it's the fastest way to identify a PT lol

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 12:27:44 PM »
I can't think of a brand I dislike more than under armor.cant stand the material or the look.But yes everything these days is counterfeited crap.
UA shirt quality has taking a hit recently. I prefer nike dry-fit.
And UA shoes are just pure shit.
A

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 12:32:27 PM »
That's what I'm thinking.  I see mexican yard workers wearing all UA gear.  These guys get $5 an hour.  No way they're paying for legit clothes.
You may be suprised to know that physical hard labor jobs in the USA actually pay quite well. The reason immigrants take them is because the regular citizens will not bear the hard work when the government will pay them well and give them benefits to sit at home. This is no joke. Ask your neighborhood lawn man or roofer how many "whites" apply for his positions. If he tells you something higher than 0, ask him how long they lasted.

This is reality.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 12:44:43 PM »
First of all, now all Mexicans are poor trump-voter. Hell, Carlos Slim just drop to #6 richest man. 2nd, UA really isn't $$$. You can go to amazon or UA outlet and get a shirt for 25 bucks. This isn't luluemon. My GF buys their ridiculous shit. 130 bucks for leggings just for the gym? fuck that. Look nice on though. ;D

I had no idea how expensive this crap is. I walked in a store to buy some yoga pants (yes for myself  :P) and thought I was looking at the old Navy brand of workout gear. Then I saw the price and couldn't justify yoga pants over $100 as a gift.

Hack Benchers

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »
I wore under armour cloths since their inception.  Before it was popular.  I helped coach a high school team and that's where under armour starter to market their shit.
Anyways.  This shit is not cheap.  Polos are $60 and up , T-shirts are pricey and so are the rest of their line.

Yet I see all sorts of mexicans now sporting UA shit.  No fucking way these mexicans are paying $50 for a shirt.  Is there a counterfeit market on this where they're selling shit for $5 or $10?  Seeing all of these mexicans in the gym and on the street covered head to toe in UA, I have just packed all the shit I had up and don't want to wear it.  Fucking hate counterfeits.  Same as when I'm wearing my rolex watches and I see the fucking kid behind the counter at McDonalds wearing a fake one.

Serious question: Why is this Under Armour popular? The logo looks a bit cheap. The fabrics and design dont seem to be anything special or diffirent from brands like Nike. Under Armour is also popular here in Europe. Why? Why did this became so big seemingly out of nothing?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 01:12:20 PM »
Serious question: Why is this Under Armour popular? The logo looks a bit cheap. The fabrics and design dont seem to be anything special or diffirent from brands like Nike. Under Armour is also popular here in Europe. Why? Why did this became so big seemingly out of nothing?

It was a slow growth. Their first advertising was print ads in slam magazine for basketball gear,  shooting shirts and shorts.

The founder was a Maryland grad and got the football team in compression gear, this led to the Ravens and the first athletes they used as endorses did it for zero money (or very little ).

They also had product placement in the Oliver Stone football movie Any Given Sunday.

Once it caught on in the NFL they grew.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »
It was a slow growth. Their first advertising was print ads in slam magazine for basketball gear,  shooting shirts and shorts.

The founder was a Maryland grad and got the football team in compression gear, this led to the Ravens and the first athletes they used as endorses did it for zero money (or very little ).

They also had product placement in the Oliver Stone football movie Any Given Sunday.

Once it caught on in the NFL they grew.

Yeah - they pioneered the synthetic trend that is common today - totally beat Nike to the punch.  Everyone was wearing Mendelbaum heavy sweaty cotton before.

It was financed on credit cards - and like you said - athletes endorsed it for nothing - Roger Clemens did a lot for them.

I liked the logo - it was a cool, minimalist look that conveyed the brand's initials.
Y

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 01:36:00 PM »
Yeah - they pioneered the synthetic trend that is common today - totally beat Nike to the punch.  Everyone was wearing Mendelbaum heavy sweaty cotton before.

It was financed on credit cards - and like you said - athletes endorsed it for nothing - Roger Clemens did a lot for them.

I liked the logo - it was a cool, minimalist look that conveyed the brand's initials.

What's amazing is they didn't patent the material. The thought process was ours will always be better, and they weren't interested in investing in future court battles.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 02:02:09 PM »
What's amazing is they didn't patent the material. The thought process was ours will always be better, and they weren't interested in investing in future court battles.

I don't think they can patent microfiber polyester. They didn't invent it.
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 02:05:02 PM »

What's funny is that poly was considered 70s and a thing of the past.  Now it's the norm.

But I do like the new tri-blend cotton too (not UA).
Y

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 02:34:36 PM »
I bought an UA polo a couple of years ago, fits great, get tons of complements from the men!  :-X
a

Jizmonkey

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 02:41:28 PM »
I had no idea how expensive this crap is. I walked in a store to buy some yoga pants (yes for myself  :P) and thought I was looking at the old Navy brand of workout gear. Then I saw the price and couldn't justify yoga pants over $100 as a gift.

Not saying that UA I top of the line, but why would you want to buy anything from old Navy. Their stuff has to be the cheapest and crappiest quality. I will never waste my money there again.