Author Topic: Difference between L-arginine and NO2  (Read 9424 times)

j301c

• Getbig I
Difference between L-arginine and NO2
« on: April 04, 2006, 02:23:09 PM »
Is there a significant difference between L-arginine and NO2(and the Like)?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Difference between L-arginine and NO2
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 10:00:35 AM »
Are you talking about a specific NO2 product?  Most NO2 products also include other amino acids and ingredients in combination with L-arginine which could affect the performance. 

There are also different types of L-Arginine.  When looking for one that has shown to increase nitric oxide levels, try finding a product that has a significant amount of Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AKG)-versus Arginine hydrocloride (HCL) and free-form L-argnine.  There is a possiblility that high doses of the former could increase nitric oxide but it is yet to be proven and so far-in this business-AKG has the proven track record.  Hope this helps!
Jennifer

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 10:00:39 AM »
I am sure Judi can answer this question the best and will be posting her sales pitch shortly ::)

j301c

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 01:31:04 PM »
thanks for the info

haha, yea I saw the thread with Judi... good god.

The L-arginine Im using is from a company called Now, and it is labeled pharmacceutical grade.

All I can say is, I've noticed the "pump" effect if I take this before lifting.  It does increase the amount of weight I am able to lift and makes my veins pop out more and my muscles feel pumped for a while after the lift.  Im just not sure if the more expensive NO2 products are worth it and if they would produce a better effect.  I guess I should just try one or something.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 02:30:45 PM »
It looks like that is a free-form Arginine.  If you are making gains and can tell a difference when taking it then I would stick with it.  Many of the more expensive products will include AKG and Ornithine, as well as a few other amino's which will up the cost.  If you are looking to make a change or try something new I would suggest against using a product that includes a caffeine.  Whereas arginine is a vasodilator, the caffeine is a restrictor.  You may "feel" like your getting a better workout from the caffeine (since you may feel more of a rush) and many people like these products but the science behind them doesn't back them up.

Good luck.
Jennifer

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 07:43:08 PM »
I 've had good result's with both powder and pill n02 product's ,i cycle them due to boredom ad switch brand's often,labrada's charged has alot of good pre and post ingrediants a little expensive at 50 but 1 scoop before workouts will last some 50 workouts.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 08:29:38 AM »
Is there a significant difference between L-arginine and NO2(and the Like)?

L-arginine is an amino acid, whereas Nitric Oxide (NO2) is a gas, a by product of l-arginine metabolism with a 3 second lifespan. There are a myriad of functions in the body that are incapable of taking place without Nitric Oxide. L-arginine is the body's chief source of Nitric Oxide.

L-arginine has been identified as a blind amino acid, and when separated out from it's brother and sister amino acids behaves differently and confers upon the user different benefits than would otherwise be had in it's protein form, ...one of which is increased production of Nitric Oxide.

L-arginine is also a double edged sword and while it can produce many benefits, it's disregulated metabolism in the body also produces many severe and dangerous side effects.

Since the 1998 Nobel prize was awarded manufacturers have rushed to put l-arginine formulations on the markets to cash in on it's popularity, and more & more research has been conducted to learn more about it, however, these manufacturers are not l-arginine formulators, and know very little about arginine biochemistry. Their formulas are either dangerous and/or flat out do not work. Many use cheap forms of arginine like arginine hydrochloride. Others use arginine AKG (alpha ketaglutarate) which most arginine experts agree is unfit for human consumption.

You will not achieve the effects you desire by simply consuming l-arginine. Disregulated metabolism of l-arginine is very dangerous. Dr. Steven Schulman's recent double blind placebo controlled randomized clinical trial at John Hopkins Hospital published in the Journal of American Medical Association JAMA Vol. 295 No 1, January 4, 2006 saw 6 deaths associated with it.

As a blind amino acid, arginine requires a proper delivery system (a mechanism that directs it where to go in the body) in order to take the correct isoform pathway, to accomplish it's tasks.

The mechanism for achieving this is extremely complicated and has eluded formulators for years.

Currently there is only one l-arginine formulation that has been proven both safe & effective.

It is called ProArgi-9, and was developed by Dr. Ann DeWees Allen, the world's foremost authority on l-arginine.

It's the only l-arginine product that's been approved by both the FDA & FTC to make the following 15 specific claims

No other l-arginine formula can legally make these claims under penalty of law.

The license to market Dr. Allen's proprietary formulation was granted exclusively to a Utah based company called Synergy.

It is also being widely reported that in the wake of more & more studies on disregulated arginine, soon, all arginine products except ProArgi9 will be taken off the market. I have not yet been able to validate these reports however, in certain parts of the world, the names l-arginine & ProArgi9 are synonymous.

Click here to hear a flash audio discussion of l-arginine & ProArgi-9 with developer Dr. Ann DeWees Allen wherein she describes the benefits of l-arginine, as well as it's risks.

If you'd like to view a video clip describing ProArgi-9 and how it works, feel free to PM me, and I will make it available to you.

Hope That Helps,

PS - I should also add you can't take Nitric Oxide (NO2) as some supp manufacturers would have you believe.
It must be produced in the body, and that will only occur through the metabolism of l-arginine.
w

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 09:17:56 PM »
Jag, you must have developed some sort of hidden program so you can receive notice when the word "arginine" is posted in the board.

You're like a spider with a web, waiting for the vibrations so you can pounce on some prey.  Luckily, most newbs are smart enough to see through your ridiculous enticements.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 08:32:48 AM »
Havenbull,

Stop being an idiot. I didn't see the question until 4 days after he posted it.
There was no enticement involved. The man asked a question, I answered it. End of story.

Grow Up!  >:(
w

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 09:18:30 AM »
The man asked a question, I answered it. End of story.

No you didn't.  You tried to sell him a product so you can garner some residual income.  Do you deny this?