Author Topic: WRESTLEMANIA 33: Undertaker does THT for Reigns; Lesnar and Orton win GOLD.  (Read 5001 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Even though WrestleMania is in my hometown again, I didn't go this year due to various issues (my van broke down and my older son isn't here, unlike WM24). So, I'm watching at home. I went out of town because of a baptism of a family friend.

I missed the first hour or two of 'Mania. SO the only match I've seen so far is the RAW women's title match. Bayley retained her title.

Now, it's the RAW tag team title ladder match. I'm going with Anderson and Gallows, even though Cass and Enzo are the sentimental favorites.

Assuming I didn't miss these matches already:

US Title match - Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens: Jericho wins....DRINK IT IN MAAAAAAAAN!!!*
A.J. Stylez vs. Shane McMahon - A.J. Styles, although Shane does some daredevil mess and nearly kills himself.*
WWE World Championship - Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton. Orton gets title #13.
WWE Universal Championship - Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar. Lesnar finally gets the monkey off his back (albeit cheaply). New champ.*
John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. Miz and Maryse. Miz and Maryse somehow cheat and win it.
Intercontinental Championship - Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin: Corbin has been red hot. I think he gets the IC title*
WWE Cruiserweight title - Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries: As if I care; but, Neville retains*
Non-Sanctioned match - Triple H vs. Seth Rollins: Unless Mick Foley interferes, Helmsley gets it. I don't see him jobbing to Rollins after losing to Reigns last year.

I think the ATG Battle Royal and Smackdown women's title happened during the pre-show. I picked Naomi to win the title back in her home town and for either Braun Strowman or Mojo Rawley to win the ATG Battle Royal.

UPSET SPECIAL: Roman Reigns vs. Undertaker......It's about time for 'Taker to do the THT. Reigns wins it, especially with no streak at stake.*

*Assuming the match hasn't already occurred.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WRESTLEMANIA 33
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 05:54:39 PM »
EDIT- OH SNAP!!! Talk about swerve!! New Day interrupted the proceedings, adding a 4th team. We thought New Day was entering the fray but we get instead.......THE HARDY BOYS!!!

And now the Hardys are tag champs....UNREAL!!

Mixed tag match is up next! And Miz has the crowd eating out of his hand, while they're booing Cena.

Cena and Bella won....and Cena proposed.

Now, it's Helmsley and Rollins. Triple H borrows Undertaker's old schtick and rides to the ring in a three-wheeled chopper, accompanied by the Orlando Police Department, and with Stephanie riding on the back.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 07:14:10 PM »
Rollins wins after Triple H accidentally knocks Stephanie off the apron and through a table. WOW!!

Wyatt and Orton are on deck...after Pitbull, Flo Rida, and Lunchmoney Lewis do their thing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 07:47:38 PM »
Despite the bugs and maggots in the ring every time Wyatt did the upside-down thing, one RKO and Orton is the new champion.

Of course, because it's a Smackdown match, it's not the main event. Meaning the main event is either Reigns-Undertaker or Goldberg-Lesnar.

My stream cutoff. By the time I got it back, Lesnar won the match and the title.

Now it's the Smackdown women's title match. That makes the main event, Reigns vs. Undertaker.

Naomi wins the Smackdown Women's title in her hometown.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 08:38:20 PM »
JR is doing commentary. DIdn't his wife die just a couple of week ago? Now, he's at WrestleMania??

So, Reigns is in his 3rd-straight main event at 'Mania. If JR is here, I think 'Taker is a goner....ESPECIALLY since it's now No-DQ.

BOY, WHY COULDN'T THE STREAK STILL BE INTACT FOR THIS ONE?

And, is it my imagination or is the Deadman a bit tubbier than normal?

Does a Shield reunion occur to help Reigns beat the Deadman?

NOPE!! No Shield....just a straight-up win for Reigns and an emotional good-bye for 'Taker.

He put his hand and coat back on. Then he took off his gloves, coat, and hat. He placed them in the middle of the ring, walked towards the front row and kissed his wife (Michelle McCool). Instead of walking all the way to the top of the ramp, he walked midway, raised that fist, and was lowered down the same hole where he emerged during his entrance earlier in the night.

I guess it's officially Roman Reigns' yard now.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 09:49:41 PM »
Watching the replay...AJ Styles and Shane O'Mac opened it with style. Talk about setting the bar high.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 10:47:19 PM »
I just got home from the show. It was a great event. The Hardy return was crazy. Roman reigns was hated.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 11:17:51 PM »
I just got home from the show. It was a great event. The Hardy return was crazy. Roman reigns was hated.

You didn't get barbecued by any pyro, like those guys sitting next to us did 9 years ago, did you?

I didn't see the pre-show. Who won the IC title and the ATG Battle Royal?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 12:17:44 AM »
Really? The difference in the Goldberg-Lesnar match....A LEAPFROG?

Nothing but spears and jackhammers for Goldberg; Lesnar hit Goldberg with 3 suplexes early only to get speared twice in the ring and once outside the ring through the barricade.

Lesnar actually kicked out of a jackhammer after a 3rd spear. Goldberg went for spear #4. Lesnar LEAPFROGGED Goldberg, with the Universal champion hitting the post. 7 suplexes and one F-5 later......Lesnar gets the pin and the belt.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 04:04:22 AM »
Production values were off the chart for this.  The ramp, background, pyro, etc was all unbelievable.  Especially the ramp.  Everything is a screen now.  Even non wrestling fans could be entertained by that shit alone.

Only watched Styles/McMahon Owens/Jericho full match.....(Lesnar's on iPhone during Walking Dead finale).

Lesnar / Goldberg was better than I expected, which wasn't much.  Still felt intense - Lesnar is enormous, and I liked the spear through the barricade.

Shane McMahon is f'n nuts.  Props to him again for the condition he's in at 47.   Styles is the best wrestler they have - should be main eventing over Reigns.

Owens  / Jerhicho was good, ending a bit weird.

Watched Taker's entrance, not the match.  This conclusion was easy to see.

WWE kind of let everyone know the Hardy's were returning (BROKEN tweet), but it was still cool (my son knows all the shit, lol).  Crowd lost their shit.

One other note - my goodness do fans/kids have it made.   WWE app/subscription is awesome.   Nice where my son can get up, grap the iPad, and catch up with everything in an instant.

Y

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 06:01:09 AM »
Production values were off the chart for this.  The ramp, background, pyro, etc was all unbelievable.  Especially the ramp.  Everything is a screen now.  Even non wrestling fans could be entertained by that shit alone.

Only watched Styles/McMahon Owens/Jericho full match.....(Lesnar's on iPhone during Walking Dead finale).

Lesnar / Goldberg was better than I expected, which wasn't much.  Still felt intense - Lesnar is enormous, and I liked the spear through the barricade.

Shane McMahon is f'n nuts.  Props to him again for the condition he's in at 47.   Styles is the best wrestler they have - should be main eventing over Reigns.

Owens  / Jerhicho was good, ending a bit weird.

Watched Taker's entrance, not the match.  This conclusion was easy to see.

WWE kind of let everyone know the Hardy's were returning (BROKEN tweet), but it was still cool (my son knows all the shit, lol).  Crowd lost their shit.

One other note - my goodness do fans/kids have it made.   WWE app/subscription is awesome.   Nice where my son can get up, grap the iPad, and catch up with everything in an instant.

Agreed on all brother...the setup was amazing...best I have ever seen. Hardy's returning was off the chart....Jim Ross signed a 2 year deal as well.

Now is the time to capitalize on a Roman Reigns heel turn...the way he was booed for being the guy to retire Taker was off the chart...people yelling "Fuck you Reigns" is a definitive sign that the guy is not liked just like Roddy Piper in 1985. Hopefully WWE is smart enough here.

IMO, HHH and Seth stole the show...great entrances, great timing and sick moves through out the match.

Charlotte's cork screw jump onto the floor was sick.

Jericho's loss to Owens was predictable as his WWE deal is up and he is now touring with Fozzy again.

Brock's leap frog and Suplex City coupled with Goldberg's array of spears including the one through the barricade was cool. We all know Brock was going over.

Cena's match with Miz and the girls was cheezy at best and received a D rating by all wrestling critiques. The fact that he proposed was cheesier as the hyped up crowd that wanted to see wrestling was booing him out of the dome. 

All in all not a disappointment, but not by far a stellar show.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 03:06:09 PM »
Agreed on all brother...the setup was amazing...best I have ever seen. Hardy's returning was off the chart....Jim Ross signed a 2 year deal as well.

Now is the time to capitalize on a Roman Reigns heel turn...the way he was booed for being the guy to retire Taker was off the chart...people yelling "Fuck you Reigns" is a definitive sign that the guy is not liked just like Roddy Piper in 1985. Hopefully WWE is smart enough here.

IMO, HHH and Seth stole the show...great entrances, great timing and sick moves through out the match.

Jericho's loss to Owens was predictable as his WWE deal is up and he is now touring with Fozzy again.

Brock's leap frog and Suplex City coupled with Goldberg's array of spears including the one through the barricade was cool. We all know Brock was going over.

Cena's match with Miz and the girls was cheezy at best and received a D rating by all wrestling critiques. The fact that he proposed was cheesier as the hyped up crowd that wanted to see wrestling was booing him out of the dome. 

Yeah - show played out as expected, although I thought they'd keep the Wyatt story going with him winning.....watched the end of HHH/Rollins - guess the whole second injury was a work?

The hate for Reigns is real......but they keep having him main event WM....they'll do it again next year to settle the best "23-2".
Y

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »
Yeah - show played out as expected, although I thought they'd keep the Wyatt story going with him winning.....watched the end of HHH/Rollins - guess the whole second injury was a work?

The hate for Reigns is real......but they keep having him main event WM....they'll do it again next year to settle the best "23-2".

They aren't waiting for 'Mania next year to have Reigns and Lesnar get it on. They already have heat from two years ago. Nothing was really settled, since Rollins cashed Money-In-The-Bank during their championship match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 06:55:44 PM »

As far as stealing the show, I'd go with Styles vs. McMahon. That was off the charts.

The mixed tag match was interesting only in the sense that the crowd was cheering Miz; he even got the "YES!" chants going for him.

I didn't expect 'Taker-Reigns to be last. But, when JR came to the ring, I knew the Deadman was passing the torch.

Boy, were my picks off at first. I expected Jericho to keep the US title and Baron Corbin to win the IC belt.  I also didn't see Helmsley jobbing to Rollins after doing so to Reigns last year.

And apparently Smackdown is giving Mojo Rawley an official push (as I thought), which is why i picked him to win the ATG Battle Royal, especially with Rob Gronkowski being part of the match.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 04:32:45 AM »
As far as stealing the show, I'd go with Styles vs. McMahon. That was off the charts.

The mixed tag match was interesting only in the sense that the crowd was cheering Miz; he even got the "YES!" chants going for him.

I didn't expect 'Taker-Reigns to be last. But, when JR came to the ring, I knew the Deadman was passing the torch.

Boy, were my picks off at first. I expected Jericho to keep the US title and Baron Corbin to win the IC belt.  I also didn't see Helmsley jobbing to Rollins after doing so to Reigns last year.

And apparently Smackdown is giving Mojo Rawley an official push (as I thought), which is why i picked him to win the ATG Battle Royal, especially with Rob Gronkowski being part of the match.
Yes, Shane and A.J was great...a lot better than expected actually considering Shane is 47 years old. I was disappointed on how quick Show and Strowman were eliminated after all that build up.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 06:14:53 PM »
Yes, Shane and A.J was great...a lot better than expected actually considering Shane is 47 years old. I was disappointed on how quick Show and Strowman were eliminated after all that build up.

I'm not, as I picked Mojo Rawley to win the ATG Battle Royal. Big Show has already won it (not that it did anything for him); Strowman already has enough heat, as his feud with Reigns will probably extend until they finally get Reigns back to working with Lesnar.