Author Topic: Bannon removed from NSC  (Read 2829 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Bannon removed from NSC
« on: April 05, 2017, 08:56:22 AM »

Bannon Loses National Security Council Role in Trump Shakeup

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-05/bannon-removed-from-national-security-council-role-in-shakeup

President Donald Trump reorganized his National Security Council on Wednesday, removing his chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, and downgrading the role of his Homeland Security Adviser, Tom Bossert, according to a person familiar with the decision and a regulatory filing.

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster was given responsibility for setting the agenda for meetings of the NSC or the Homeland Security Council, and was authorized to delegate that authority to Bossert, at his discretion, according to the filing.

Under the move, the national intelligence director, Dan Coats, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Corps General Joseph Dunford, are again "regular attendees" of the NSC’s principals committee.

Bannon, the former executive chairman of Breitbart News, was elevated to the National Security Council’s principals committee at the beginning of Trump’s presidency. The move drew criticism from some members of Congress and Washington’s foreign policy establishment.

A White House official said that Bannon was placed on the committee in part to monitor Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and never attended a meeting. He’s no longer needed with McMaster in charge of the council, the official said.
a

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Re: Bannon removed from NSC
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »
Refill the swamp?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 09:03:37 AM »
Refill the swamp?

No, McMaster is in control of things. Bannon was supposed to supervise the "de-politicization" when Flynn was around. Apparently McMaster was Bannon's pick for the position to begin with

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/05/steve-bannon-removed-from-national-security-council.html

President Trump’s controversial senior adviser, Stephen Bannon, was removed from the National Security Council on Wednesday, Fox News confirmed.

Bannon was put on the NSC’s “Principles Committee” as check on former National Security Adviser Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn to make sure Flynn carried through with a directive to depoliticize the NSC, a senior administration official told Fox News.

Bannon only attended one meeting of the Principles Committee. Now that HR McMaster is National Security Advisor, the Trump saw no need for Bannon to stay on the committee as a check on Flynn, the official said.

Bannon is still permitted to go to NSC meetings.

The reconfiguration also promotes the chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford, and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats to “regular attendees.” Those rules had previously been downgraded.

Homeland Security Adviser Tom Bossert had his role downgraded, however, he can still call a meeting of the Homeland Security Council and attend NSC meetings, the administration official said.

a

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 09:04:17 AM »

Bannon Loses National Security Council Role in Trump Shakeup

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-05/bannon-removed-from-national-security-council-role-in-shakeup

President Donald Trump reorganized his National Security Council on Wednesday, removing his chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, and downgrading the role of his Homeland Security Adviser, Tom Bossert, according to a person familiar with the decision and a regulatory filing.

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster was given responsibility for setting the agenda for meetings of the NSC or the Homeland Security Council, and was authorized to delegate that authority to Bossert, at his discretion, according to the filing.

Under the move, the national intelligence director, Dan Coats, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Corps General Joseph Dunford, are again "regular attendees" of the NSC’s principals committee.

Bannon, the former executive chairman of Breitbart News, was elevated to the National Security Council’s principals committee at the beginning of Trump’s presidency. The move drew criticism from some members of Congress and Washington’s foreign policy establishment.

A White House official said that Bannon was placed on the committee in part to monitor Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and never attended a meeting. He’s no longer needed with McMaster in charge of the council, the official said.

Good move, why was he there in the first place? Let McMaster do his job.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 09:22:05 AM »
Good move, why was he there in the first place? Let McMaster do his job.

Originally, to oversee Flynn and the "de-operationalize"  ???  the NSC. Idk. Reports are he's only attended one meeting, and still has the ability to attend. Just some sorta formality changing that is being blown out of proportion.

EDIT: That Drudge headline is the only source I've seen that mentions him "losing his security clearance".
a

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 09:26:38 AM »
Originally, to oversee Flynn and the "de-operationalize"  ???  the NSC. Idk. Reports are he's only attended one meeting, and still has the ability to attend. Just some sorta formality changing that is being blown out of proportion.

EDIT: That Drudge headline is the only source I've seen that mentions him "losing his security clearance".

I don't think he's losing security clearance if he can still attend meetings.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 09:28:50 AM »
I don't think he's losing security clearance if he can still attend meetings.

He's not. Drudge was wrong.

Rumor now is that Paul Ryan forced him off the NSC (which still makes no sense).

a

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 09:33:57 AM »
He's not. Drudge was wrong.

Rumor now is that Paul Ryan forced him off the NSC (which still makes no sense).

I'm surprised Jared Kushner didn't take his place.  ;D

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 09:34:57 AM »
I'm surprised Jared Kushner didn't take his place.  ;D

That was the latest Roger Stone rumor too!  :D  Kushner was leaking Bannon information to Morning Joe on MSNBC!!!

Oh brother...
a

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »
That was the latest Roger Stone rumor too!  :D  Kushner was leaking Bannon information to Morning Joe on MSNBC!!!

Oh brother...

I can't keep up...I might have to quit working. :)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 10:05:28 AM »
I can't keep up...I might have to quit working. :)

lol

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 02:36:12 PM »
Probably because we are about to start stuff with North Korea and they don't want to hear war mongering being thrown around.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 03:06:52 PM »
Probably because we are about to start stuff with North Korea and they don't want to hear war mongering being thrown around.

My thoughts, especially after all the comments on Syria today. Looks like business as usual...

EDIT: It's painfully obvious too! Back in 2014 (? - maybe) John McCain visited Syria a month before the first chemical attack/Assad accusation. Guess who surprisingly visited Syria not too long ago?

http://archive.is/SgPBn

God knows McCain will do anything for us to be at war.

a

Lorenzo Frittata

• Getbig II
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv39l6of4eaRZNrMo
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 09:42:22 AM »
Keep winning Drumph, lol.
Y

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 10:20:15 AM »
My thoughts, especially after all the comments on Syria today. Looks like business as usual...

EDIT: It's painfully obvious too! Back in 2014 (? - maybe) John McCain visited Syria a month before the first chemical attack/Assad accusation. Guess who surprisingly visited Syria not too long ago?

http://archive.is/SgPBn

God knows McCain will do anything for us to be at war.

After the first chemical incident, in 2013, Syria gave off all its chemical weapons.
The removal was joint operation where USA was closely involved in.
USA knows Syria/Assad have no chemical weapons. They observed the destruction of such weapons themselves.
Most potent stockpiles were even destroyed on board American vessel MV Cape Ray.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_Syria%27s_chemical_weapons

It looks like Syrian airstrike hit the chemical weapons factory of the "moderate beheaders".

Very interesting to see how Putin handles this. I bet my money on him.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 10:27:27 AM »
After the first chemical incident, in 2013, Syria gave off all its chemical weapons.
The removal was joint operation where USA was closely involved in.
USA knows Syria/Assad have no chemical weapons. They observed the destruction of such weapons themselves.
Most potent stockpiles were even destroyed on board American vessel MV Cape Ray.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_Syria%27s_chemical_weapons

It looks like Syrian airstrike hit the chemical weapons factory of the "moderate beheaders".

Very interesting to see how Putin handles this. I bet my money on him.

At this point Trump is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He can't side with Assad, that would make it seem like he's siding too closely with Russian interests.  

He can't get involved with the "rebels" in Syria; one of his main campaign promises was to stay out of the Middle East and let Syria sort out their own leadership issues.

I've heard a large number of his supporters (me included) want nothing to do with military intervention and it will lead to him not getting re-elected in 2020 if he strays from that promise.

This is a MSM/Neo-Con conjuring to hide all the "wire tapping" news that has been slowly revealed lately.  I hope.

EDIT: The Daily Mail just deleted this article from their web database, wonder why?

http://web.archive.org/web/20130129213824/http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270219/U-S-planned-launch-chemical-weapon-attack-Syria-blame-Assad.html

a

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 10:35:17 AM »
At this point Trump is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He can't side with Assad, that would make it seem like he's siding too closely with Russian interests.  

He can't get involved with the "rebels" in Syria; one of his main campaign promises was to stay out of the Middle East and let Syria sort out their own leadership issues.

I've heard a large number of his supporters (me included) want nothing to do with military intervention and it will lead to him not getting re-elected in 2020 if he strays from that promise.

This is a MSM/Neo-Con conjuring to hide all the "wire tapping" news that has been slowly revealed lately.  I hope.

This is indeed very tough for him.

I think partition of Syria might be on agenda. Trump could find "partner" in Kurds on Syria which Americans have moved closer to after Obama was kicked out halting most of the support for "moderate beheaders". Turkey would oppose this though as they have some beef with Kurds. But does Turkey have a say?

Tillerson in Russia next week apparently.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-05/russia-sets-out-agenda-for-tillerson-as-moscow-visit-announced

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 11:11:29 AM »
All of this is a No-Win scenario. I actually feel this could really fuck him over and it will not be his fault at all. There is no good answer at all.

Honestly, he is going to have to take the lump and just do what he thinks is the best for not just the US, but our allies and partners around the world.

:-\

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 12:11:05 PM »
All of this is a No-Win scenario. I actually feel this could really fuck him over and it will not be his fault at all. There is no good answer at all.

Honestly, he is going to have to take the lump and just do what he thinks is the best for not just the US, but our allies and partners around the world.

:-\

what about America first?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 12:52:01 PM »
what about America first?

You can do that and alienate the entire world around you I suppose.

I think most intelligent people realize that campaign rhetoric doesn't really fly when real world scenarios come around.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 01:53:33 PM »
You can do that and alienate the entire world around you I suppose.

I think most intelligent people realize that campaign rhetoric doesn't really fly when real world scenarios come around.

agreed, but isn't that Trumps mantra?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 02:09:48 PM »
agreed, but isn't that Trumps mantra?

I think he's starting to realize that it's not going to work.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 02:48:24 PM »
I think he's starting to realize that it's not going to work.

When Obama wanted to take action in Syria the GOP led Congress did the most cowardly thing possible and wouldn't even bring it up for a vote (thus they didn't have to go on the record as either for or against)

I wonder what the GOP Congress will do this time

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2017, 08:34:53 AM »
Bannon was in the war room last night w/ National Security Team.

a

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2017, 08:58:47 AM »
Bannon was in the war room last night w/ National Security Team.

Looks like the maid's quarters at Mar-a-lago.