Author Topic: Ben Carson: HUD Audit found $500 Billion in mismanaged funds (2015/16)  (Read 622 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
https://www.hudoig.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2017-FO-0005.pdf

Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD’s) financial books are in such bad shape that HUD’s Inspector General (IG) can’t complete an audit even after HUD officials corrected $520 billion in bookkeeping errors, according to a new IG report.

Officials at HUD fixed $3.4 billion in errors from its 2015 books and $516.4 billion in errors from its 2016 books after the IG in December was unable to issue an opinion on either year’s financial statements and highlighted 11 material weaknesses, seven significant deficiencies and five instances of failure to comply with laws and regulations.

These same problems have been reported for three straight years by the IG.

Sadly, even after allowing HUD to work on their problematic ledgers, the IG still hasn’t been able to resolve all of the problems with their books. This means that Dr. Carson first task isn’t to get about the business of helping the people HUD is meant to help, no, his first task is going to be solving the problems created by Democrat mismanagement.

Interestingly enough, the man who couldn’t figure out how to balance the books at a minor agency like HUD is actually a rising star in the Democrat Party and someone Democrats hope will one day lead their party. His name is Julian Castro, and one wonders… if he couldn’t handle properly running HUD how could Democrats hope he does better on a larger scale? It’s preposterous.

a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
more taxes! 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Just more proven incompetence in Obamas administration

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Ben Carson: I'm Going To Turn HUD From Most Corrupt Federal Department To "Most Honest"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/04/13/ben_carson_im_going_to_turn_hud_from_most_corrupt_federal_department_to_most_honest.html

In an interview with Hugh Hewitt, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson outlined his plan to overhaul a federal department which is often described as a "garden of corruption."

"My goal is to change that perception completely, to be the most honest department in the government," he said.

Host Hugh Hewitt commented about this particular department: "HUD has always been a garden of corruption. Bad stories come out of HUD over the course of four to eight years. It seems like inevitably, a scandal erupts."

Carson explained: "We’re already putting in place a structure so that we can monitor where every penny goes... You know, when I started doing that, these people looked at me like I had six heads."

"I was told when I came into HUD that it was the most bureaucratic organization on Earth, and that you would get no cooperation, because people would only be interested in preserving their little fiefdoms," Carson said. "I have not found that to be the case at all."

"We will absolutely be keeping a scorecard, and we will be making it clear what is going on. And you’re going to see, I think, a very substantial change in the opinion of a lot of people when they see results as opposed to rhetoric that we normally have with political administrations," he coninued.

Carson cheerfully adds: "Surgeons get things done. They don’t sit around and talk about it all the time. The patient would be dead by that time."
a