Author Topic: United Airlines Overbooks Flights - and Beats up a Paying Passenger  (Read 66969 times)

Simple Simon

Re: United Airlines Overbooks Flights - and Beats up a Paying Passenger
« Reply #325 on: April 14, 2017, 01:52:11 PM »
be there doesn't have a clue how the law works. probably due to the fact as he alluded earlier he would never dare challenge authority in the first place.

he posted a link to the gov bill of rights for airline consumers that really defeats his own argument.

UA may possibly be able to argue around the point of whether or not wanting the seats for their own employees is technically still a case of over booking
but there is nothing in the "involuntary bumping" legislation that mentions an airline being permitted to eject a seated passenger due to "over booking" ....everything under that sub heading clearly refers to pre boarding.

now if you pull up the legislation re reasons why an airline can eject a seated passenger unless overbooking is on that list,the airline doesn't have a leg to stand on.
I tend to put 5 seconds thought into most post I put on here, dont take it too seriously.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #326 on: April 14, 2017, 01:54:54 PM »
I tend to put 5 seconds thought into most post I put on here, dont take it too seriously.

this is the internet bro ....you gotta take this sheet seriously!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #327 on: April 14, 2017, 01:55:03 PM »
Be There is correct about 99.9% of things; however, I think he is mistaken here.

Lets hope Be There can modify his opinion in order to better meet the collective agreement of getbiggers.

I know he will pull through.
X

Simple Simon

« Reply #328 on: April 14, 2017, 02:02:48 PM »
Be There is correct about 99.9% of things; however, I think he is mistaken here.

Lets hope Be There can modify his opinion in order to better meet the collective agreement of getbiggers.

Pure fluke

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: April 14, 2017, 04:03:00 PM »
Be There is correct about 99.9% of things, 40% of the time; however, I think he is mistaken here.

Fixed.

epic2

« Reply #330 on: April 14, 2017, 04:18:18 PM »
the cops were told to remove the man. so you think the cops would just change their minds? they were told to ask the man to leave  and told him he would be removed if he didn't comply. the man refused to comply. and was threatening to sue before they even touched him. there is videos of him saying this below

either way he was going to be removed.  bad call by the airline staff yes. the cops were doing their jobs and carrying out orders. and any sane person knows that once they ask you to do something its do to or they will physically make you comply.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: April 14, 2017, 04:36:19 PM »
What does it mean to be a man?

"A way with words," it seems. Yours apparently lack "wit and style."

'N' sheeit.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #332 on: April 14, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »

'N' sheeit.

The Ugly knows and speaks de troof.

Humor is needed and I have it about myself and the real world.  Without it, I would be even stupider. 

'n' sheeeeit.

But if SF wants to know what it means to be a man, he need only look within.  Whether or not he's lacking is entirely up to him.  If he's satisfied with his way of looking at things, then he's a man in his world.  Not a big deal.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: April 14, 2017, 05:03:24 PM »
the cops were told to remove the man. so you think the cops would just change their minds? they were told to ask the man to leave  and told him he would be removed if he didn't comply. the man refused to comply. and was threatening to sue before they even touched him. there is videos of him saying this below

either way he was going to be removed.  bad call by the airline staff yes. the cops were doing their jobs and carrying out orders. and any sane person knows that once they ask you to do something its do to or they will physically make you comply.

Thank you.

It was the police who removed him. 

I think this enforces BeThere's point about the airlines "rights".

That said this won't end well for United.

Again I'm on the doctors side. But police have free reign to do what they want (again I know this isn't the "law" but as we've seen they can react and sort it out later. They call the shots.).

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #334 on: April 14, 2017, 05:04:21 PM »

'N' sheeit.

I don't think The Scott knows what it means to be a man.  :-\ :-\ :-\
X

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2017, 05:29:30 PM »

Thank you.

It was the police who removed him. 

I think this enforces BeThere's point about the airlines "rights".

That said this won't end well for United.

Again I'm on the doctors side. But police have free reign to do what they want (again I know this isn't the "law" but as we've seen they can react and sort it out later. They call the shots.).

Police do not have free reign to do whatever they want.  They have SOP's they have to follow, just like any other industry.  Per their SOP's, they should have never boarded that plane. 

"There was even confusion among officers about their duties. Jeff Redding, the deputy commissioner of security for the aviation department, said officers are instructed not to board planes unless there's an imminent threat."

Even the UA CEO is now admitting that they royally fucked up.

"This will never happen again," Munoz told ABC News' "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview."We are not going to put a law enforcement official onto a plane to take them off … to remove a booked, paid, seated passenger. We can't do that."

"It was a system failure," Munoz said. "We have not provided our frontline supervisors and managers and individuals with the proper procedures that would allow them to use their common sense.

"They all have an incredible amount of common sense, and this issue could have been solved by that," he added. "This is on me. I have to fix that, and I think that's something we can do."

And yes, Dr. Dao will be rich beyond his wildest imagination.

"In an instance like this, it would be beyond insanity to do anything more than bring [Dao] into a conference room and basically say there's a check on the desk, it's signed, just fill in the amount," said New York trial attorney Randy Zelin.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2017, 05:39:46 PM »
Police do not have free reign to do whatever they want.  They have SOP's they have to follow, just like any other industry.  Per their SOP's, they should have never boarded that plane. 

"There was even confusion among officers about their duties. Jeff Redding, the deputy commissioner of security for the aviation department, said officers are instructed not to board planes unless there's an imminent threat."

Even the UA CEO is now admitting that they royally fucked up.

"This will never happen again," Munoz told ABC News' "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview."We are not going to put a law enforcement official onto a plane to take them off … to remove a booked, paid, seated passenger. We can't do that."

"It was a system failure," Munoz said. "We have not provided our frontline supervisors and managers and individuals with the proper procedures that would allow them to use their common sense.

"They all have an incredible amount of common sense, and this issue could have been solved by that," he added. "This is on me. I have to fix that, and I think that's something we can do."

And yes, Dr. Dao will be rich beyond his wildest imagination.

"In an instance like this, it would be beyond insanity to do anything more than bring [Dao] into a conference room and basically say there's a check on the desk, it's signed, just fill in the amount," said New York trial attorney Randy Zelin.

Lol you don't even read the posts only what you want.

Tell a police officer that they're over stepping their legal boundary and see how far you get. I'm sure if you were on that plane you'd made sure that they knew what they could and couldn't do.

I've always said UA was wrong. But they didn't physically remove the passenger the police did. The police must have not known they were in over their heads legally. Were those officers arrested? Surely they can't just do what they want.....

Just read what I said instead of arguing.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #337 on: April 14, 2017, 05:49:34 PM »

Tell a police officer that they're over stepping their legal boundary and see how far you get. I'm sure if you were on that plane you'd made sure that they knew what they could and couldn't do.

I've always said UA was wrong. But they didn't physically remove the passenger the police did. The police must have not known they were in over their heads legally. Were those officers arrested? Surely they can't just do what they want.....

Twaddle is a getbigger and knows a lot more than most people.
X

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: April 14, 2017, 05:52:00 PM »

Sorry, I just re read your post.  It was your poor wording that confused me.   :D

As for the police being arrested?  No, they have not been arrested.  However, they are on administrative leave while an investigation is conducted.  If they are found to be at fault, they could likely stand to be charged with assault.  At the minimum, they will most likely be disciplined for policy violations.  

Hope this helps!   :)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: April 14, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »
Twaddle is a getbigger and knows a lot more than most people.

;)

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: April 14, 2017, 06:18:28 PM »
I don't think The Scott knows what it means to be a man.  :-\ :-\ :-\

Riiiight...I do know a cuntlette when I read one and no braille is necessary to see you are just that.  Pussified cuntlette, aka a White Wiggs.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: April 14, 2017, 06:40:31 PM »
Sorry, I just re read your post.  It was your poor wording that confused me.   :D

As for the police being arrested?  No, they have not been arrested.  However, they are on administrative leave while an investigation is conducted.  If they are found to be at fault, they could likely stand to be charged with assault.  At the minimum, they will most likely be disciplined for policy violations.  

Hope this helps!   :)

I may be a poor communicator.  :(

I think everyone hopes this guy gets paid.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: April 14, 2017, 06:43:56 PM »
I don't think The Scott knows what it means to be a man.  :-\ :-\ :-\

He certainly knows who's NOT.

What with all the manlets and cuntlettes; the negroidal, flat-earf Wiggsian hebroes; the Sharia-lovin' hoMohammeders filthing up the SchmOlympia or Cirque du SoGhey; or the pathetic, imitation-of-life Hollyweird libtards, fecal positioning away in their safe spaces.

Men?

Fuck that noise.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: April 14, 2017, 06:50:36 PM »

What with all the manlets and cuntlettes; the negroidal, flat-earf Wiggsian hebroes; the Sharia-lovin' hoMohammaders filthing up the SchmOlympia or Cirque du SoGhey; or the pathetic, imitation-of-life Hollyweird libtards, fecal positioning away in their safe spaces.

Real men?

Fuck that noise.

All else aside, well done sir.  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2017, 07:33:48 PM »
Riiiight...I do know a cuntlette when I read one and no braille is necessary to see you are just that.  Pussified cuntlette, aka a White Wiggs.

Blah, blah, cuck this, cuck that!! ZZZZZZZZZ. Not very original, are you?
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2017, 07:34:27 PM »

What with all the manlets and cuntlettes; the negroidal, flat-earf Wiggsian hebroes; the Sharia-lovin' hoMohammeders filthing up the SchmOlympia or Cirque du SoGhey; or the pathetic, imitation-of-life Hollyweird libtards, fecal positioning away in their safe spaces.

Men?

Fuck that noise.

He's like a broken recorder. Just recycles the same stuff every time.
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: April 14, 2017, 08:08:25 PM »
He's like a broken recorder. Just recycles the same stuff every time.

For kicks, search one of his clever buzzwords up top: "manlet" or "hebroe," for instance. (Stay away from "libtard," it'll crash your computer.) Then count how many of his posts show up.

You won't f'n believe it.

;D

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #347 on: April 15, 2017, 10:25:52 AM »
I may be a poor communicator.  :(

I think everyone hopes this guy gets paid.

I don't.

Musclecenter should have just gone with the program and got off willingly.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: April 16, 2017, 05:37:19 AM »
Musclecenter is about to get paid:

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-much-money-will-david-dao-make-united-airlines-2525475

“Dr. Dao will likely get millions here,” James Goodnow, an attorney with the Lamber-Goodnow Injury Law Team at Fennemore Craig, who is licensed in Chicago, told International Business Times in an interview Thursday. “The only question is how many zeros will follow the first number.”

Dao has a number of claims against both the city of Chicago and United. First and foremost, he has an assault and battery case.

“This is going to be a slam dunk, a no-brainer, an easy win,” Goodnow told IBT. “It’s documented on multiple cell phones. There’s no question.”

Other claims will likely include breach of contract, false imprisonment, defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: April 16, 2017, 05:43:07 AM »
So you think they have no legal ground to stand on? Their lawyers are just conceding defeat?

I'm on your side bro. United was wrong.  However if they decide not to settle, and for the life of me I can't imagine why they wouldn't, I'd have to reason that their lawyers will maintain UA acted within their legal rights.

But since you insist this was an illegal act, who has been arrested for the assault that took place?

One question I have is why did the United employees have tasers?

Good points.

In complicated cases where the law is unclear, the side of appearances and public opinion tends to prevail in court.

Are appearances and public opinion favoring which side?