Author Topic: Blue Stars and DOMS.  (Read 120729 times)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: Blue Stars and DOMS.
« Reply #325 on: April 21, 2017, 07:47:28 PM »
No gimmick would argue like I do to defend my theories and equipment, etc.

A gimmick would imitate things I said to poke fun at me.

I have posted a new photo of Ray Mentzer here. Also a new photo posing a biceps while sitting

on my Biceps-supinator machine.

Can you post an upside down cup photo?   :o

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #326 on: April 21, 2017, 07:50:17 PM »
Can you post an upside down cup photo?   :o

How about posting a photo of yourself so we can see the intelligent guy behind the gimmick.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: April 21, 2017, 07:55:16 PM »
How about posting a photo of yourself so we can see the intelligent guy behind the gimmick.

I've never posted a photo online, and never will.  I'm not that stupid.  You on the other hand have posted many, willingly.  So, one more with an upside down cup should be no problem.  Balls in your court gimmick.   :-*

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #328 on: April 21, 2017, 08:05:08 PM »
I am interested in AI, computers and if and when machines will surpass humans in thinking ability.

No doubt some machines already surpass many of the flotsam here like Wiggs.

Wiggs isn't a dope but he sure believes a lot of crap. Could have too much time and goes

online for an education only to be mislead by crazy people. Well, if you can believe in

a religion you can believe anything is possible. Contrast those beliefs with ideas about

how to make muscles larger...hypertrophy/hyperplasia. For God you accept without evidence

whereas for theories about hypertrophy there must be ways to either demonstrate the

phenomenon or get results. What continues to amaze me is the lack of doing personal

experiments to find out if a theory or method works. One workout for arms or calves

would establish a result and two weeks would prove the method...or otherwise.

So Pellius presents a study showing that DOMS affected subjects didn't grow. That

is a worry for my theory. I then have to examine that article and find out why they

didn't grow. If not, then my theory is not valid. So I would have to alter it to include

the results of that experiment.

Would you believe that in the sixties and seventies studies were done on the effectiveness

of anabolic steroids and most didn't find that steroids worked. One problem was that those

conducting the experiments didn't include ingesting more calories as part of the study.

The results in those days were amusing to bodybuilders because they knew from experience

that steroids worked. Most users kept quiet about any involvement with drugs because that

was considered cheating. That was before the medical people and politicians decided to

ban the use of growth inducing drugs for muscle building. How come they allow dangerous

drugs like Botox to be used to make people look younger? Those doctors are hypocrites

because giving dangerous drugs to people who are not sick goes against the oath they took before

becoming doctors.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #329 on: April 21, 2017, 08:10:05 PM »
I've never posted a photo online, and never will.  I'm not that stupid.  You on the other hand have posted many, willingly.  So, one more with an upside down cup should be no problem.  Balls in your court gimmick.   :-*

I have long held a motto.....fear no man!

It isn't because you are too smart to post a photo it is because most of you flotsam fear the consequences of being known.

There are people here who would be targets for some overdue reprisals while others would be sued for defamation.

I find it ironical that one of the few guys here who wouldn't use a gimmick is accused of being one. What you doubters reveal

is a lack of profiling ability as well as having limited reasoning ability in general.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #330 on: April 21, 2017, 08:11:23 PM »
I am interested in AI, computers and if and when machines will surpass humans in thinking ability.

No doubt some machines already surpass many of the flotsam here like Wiggs.

Wiggs isn't a dope but he sure believes a lot of crap. Could have too much time and goes

online for an education only to be mislead by crazy people. Well, if you can believe in

a religion you can believe anything is possible. Contrast those beliefs with ideas about

how to make muscles larger...hypertrophy/hyperplasia. For God you accept without evidence

whereas for theories about hypertrophy there must be ways to either demonstrate the

phenomenon or get results. What continues to amaze me is the lack of doing personal

experiments to find out if a theory or method works. One workout for arms or calves

would establish a result and two weeks would prove the method...or otherwise.

So Pellius presents a study showing that DOMS affected subjects didn't grow. That

is a worry for my theory. I then have to examine that article and find out why they

didn't grow. If not, then my theory is not valid. So I would have to alter it to include

the results of that experiment.

Would you believe that in the sixties and seventies studies were done on the effectiveness

of anabolic steroids and most didn't find that steroids worked. One problem was that those

conducting the experiments didn't include ingesting more calories as part of the study.

The results in those days were amusing to bodybuilders because they knew from experience

that steroids worked. Most users kept quiet about any involvement with drugs because that

was considered cheating. That was before the medical people and politicians decided to

ban the use of growth inducing drugs for muscle building. How come they allow dangerous

drugs like Botox to be used to make people look younger? Those doctors are hypocrites

because giving dangerous drugs to people who are not sick goes against the oath they took before

becoming doctors.

Mr. Basile,

Do you think you can create a robotic exoskeleton and live inside of it? It would be awesome if you could turn your bicep supination machine into an exoskeleton and become one with it.

Your friend,

SF1900
X

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: April 21, 2017, 08:15:28 PM »
Mr. Basile,

Do you think you can create a robotic exoskeleton and live inside of it? It would be awesome if you could turn your bicep supination machine into an exoskeleton and become one with it.

Your friend,

SF1900

We must embrace The Vince Basile Doctrine of Proper Bicep Supination or otherwise all of humanity will be doomed.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #332 on: April 21, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »
We must embrace The Vince Basile Doctrine of Proper Bicep Supination or otherwise all of humanity will be doomed.

I think Mr. Basile is metamorphosing into the bicep supination machine. Eventually, Mr. Basile in human form will no longer be.
X

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: April 21, 2017, 08:35:34 PM »
I have long held a motto.....fear no man!

It isn't because you are too smart to post a photo it is because most of you flotsam fear the consequences of being known.

There are people here who would be targets for some overdue reprisals while others would be sued for defamation.

I find it ironical that one of the few guys here who wouldn't use a gimmick is accused of being one. What you doubters reveal

is a lack of profiling ability as well as having limited reasoning ability in general.

You gonna be in your gym tomorrow? 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: April 21, 2017, 08:51:00 PM »
I think Mr. Basile is metamorphosing into the bicep supination machine. Eventually, Mr. Basile in human form will no longer be.

haha yeah that would be pretty badass though  :D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2017, 08:51:49 PM »
You gonna be in your gym tomorrow?  

Send me a personal message and I will respond. Not usually there on our Sundays.

Ozymandias. Shelley.

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: April 21, 2017, 09:04:16 PM »
Send me a personal message and I will respond. Not usually there on our Sundays.

Sorry, I don't pm.  You in the gym now?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #337 on: April 21, 2017, 09:11:13 PM »
Sorry, I don't pm.  You in the gym now?

Nope. Will be at the Swans game tonight.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #338 on: April 21, 2017, 09:18:56 PM »
haha yeah that would be pretty badass though  :D

Mr. Basile will be like the Robocop of bodybuilding.
X

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2017, 09:22:23 PM »
Mr. Basile will be like the Robocop of bodybuilding.

Will he bring the sweet ass Chris Isaak t-shirt with him when he goes full cyborg??

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: April 21, 2017, 09:22:39 PM »
Nope. Will be at the Swans game tonight.

When will you be at the gym next, I'll give you a ring.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2017, 09:23:29 PM »
Will he bring the sweet ass Chris Isaak t-shirt with him when he goes full cyborg??

Of course he will. That shirt is what powers the bicep supination machine.
X

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #342 on: April 21, 2017, 11:01:53 PM »
You've ignored my question as to why the study doesn't apply to bbers?

If a principle is sound and valid it should apply to everyone. If our own Yaroni suddenly took up bbing then DOMS, if valid, should apply. If Coach should decide to come out of retirement and compete and focus on bbing training DOMS should apply. If Phil Heath decided to "shake things up" and apply your training principles he should also advance.

I read a study recently on weight training and they mentioned that the subject ate 60% carbs, 20% protein, 20% fats. "The Perfect Health Diet" by Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet recommends 15% protein, 20% carbs and 65% fats. Doctor Sears has pushed 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat macronutrient profile.

Saying one will get enough protein to put on 20-30 pounds of muscle just by eating a balance diet is a statement I find somewhat less than precise from one who prides himself on scientific exactness.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #343 on: April 21, 2017, 11:22:07 PM »

the results of that experiment. ......

The study showed that ordinary subjects gained size only after getting used

to resistance training. They didn't try to get them sore again to see if growth

occurred. Bodybuilders are already used to hard training so if they now experience

soreness after doing something new will they grow?

About a balanced diet. Pick almost any version and you will have sufficient prtein, etc.

There is no need to ingest extra protein via supplements.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #344 on: April 21, 2017, 11:34:54 PM »
The study showed that ordinary subjects gained size only after getting used

to resistance training. They didn't try to get them sore again to see if growth

occurred. Bodybuilders are already used to hard training so if they now experience

soreness after doing something new will they grow?

About a balanced diet. Pick almost any version and you will have sufficient prtein, etc.

There is no need to ingest extra protein via supplements.

Why would they? They already established that size and strength went down while in DOMS.

The human body responds the same to general principles with only the specifics that matter. It will take more intense/longer training for an experience person to experience DOMS than a newbee but the effects will be the same, i.e., when in a state of DOMS, your body by definition is in break down mode. You will have to get out of DOMS, recover from the stress, to become the adaptation process (repair, growth). That was demonstrated with concrete evidence. You have not demonstrated the opposite result that you claim.

You cannot, and maintain your credibility, insist that the DOMS state must be continually repeated over and over to get the results you want when you, yourself, have not demonstrated your hypothesis even once. 

Simple Simon

« Reply #345 on: April 22, 2017, 12:03:38 AM »
so you get DOMS but zero growth?

Vince, when you have a minute,,,,,,,,

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: April 22, 2017, 12:24:27 AM »
Vince, when you have a minute,,,,,,,,

i think he said his arms grew an inch over night
T

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #347 on: April 22, 2017, 12:52:41 AM »
Vince, do you know something about the story of the 1980 Mr Olympia trophies ? They were definitely different from the others seen before.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: April 22, 2017, 01:34:47 AM »
Of all the muscles in the body the biceps are difficult to get sore from training. Could be because we use them all

the time.

The biceps have three functions, flexion, supination, and lifting the arm. Since my machine is the only one that provides

adjustable resistance for supination it makes sense that it will train the muscle more effectively than other machines. Thus, I

am able to generate DOMS in the biceps after hard workouts on my machine. They can be brutally hard because you can do one

arm at a time then at the end do partials and/or supination only movements.

I must be doing something wrong because I've made my biceps so sore that I was unable to bend my arms without feeling it for several days.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #349 on: April 22, 2017, 03:56:34 AM »
hey Vince,

what split do you recommend?

since you say to hit the same muscle every 3 days do you then say train 2on/1 off,  1on/2 off or no days off?