Author Topic: Blue Stars and DOMS.  (Read 119093 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Blue Stars and DOMS.
« Reply #450 on: April 25, 2017, 10:11:56 PM »
Yes, cyberbullying isn't nice to witness. Happens all the time on Getbig....almost always by anonymous entities who remain that way for their health and financial safety.

Both of you have this strong victim mentality and the law of attraction will follow

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #451 on: April 26, 2017, 12:04:39 AM »
whys that?

You can clearly hear my  AMERICAN accent

and my I'll flex my awesome WHITE pecs and tris for ya

PRIME WHITE GERMAN AMERICAN AM I

p.s. I am greatly offended to be called a lower Asian race,  I'm from the top WHITE Race THE GERMAN ONE  8)

Because he used to say that a lot iirc .

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #452 on: April 26, 2017, 12:13:11 AM »
Yes, cyberbullying isn't nice to witness. Happens all the time on Getbig....almost always by anonymous entities who remain that way for their health and financial safety.

you give as good as you get tubby

dont dish it out if you cant take it lard ass
T

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #453 on: April 26, 2017, 01:27:58 AM »
For Pellius: Mike Mentzer on recovery ability and balanced diet.

I don't have an issue with Mentzer's view on nutrition. I believe in more of Sears 40/30/30 but don't obsess over it. As a result of research, experimentation and trying to keep an open mind my views on protein intake has changed considerably. I remember the days, really not very long ago, where I made it a point to take in 300 grams per day. I can only picture you shaking your head, not so much in surprise, but a bit of pity. Yesterday, I got maybe 60 grams and today closer to 90 grams. I really don't keep track like I use to but getting over 100 grams is a rare heavy eating day. And there's been no difference between my 300g/day versus 80g/day. I mean, I look at guys way bigger than me and carrying more muscle and don't even lift that eat a typical carb rich diet we have. How the hell do gorillas carry so much muscle when they are primarily vegetarians.

BTW, his lecture on recovery and recovery ability directly contradicts your beliefs. The idea of continually training a muscle specifically before it recovers would be anathema to Mike.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: April 26, 2017, 01:34:38 AM »
you can get stronger without getting bigger

and you can get bigger while getting weaker, I did this myself while doing my gay ass bb training of constant tension reps with pussy ass weights

Moving more weight in a given movement does mean, in a sense, that you are stronger in that movement. But there are other factors involved in moving weight in a particular movement than just bigger and stronger muscles. You can definitely move more weight without an increase in a muscle's size and contractile strength.

Changing the style in which  you move weight, e.g., constant tension, slow/super slow, super strict form; will definitely lower the amount of weight you can move given an equal number of reps but that is not an indication that you are getting weaker. And it is possible to increase muscle size and strength using a different style of lifting even though the weight load is less.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #455 on: April 26, 2017, 01:39:18 AM »

Nobody is truly anonymous. The Cyber Police can backtrack them.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: April 26, 2017, 01:55:40 AM »
What about this Pellius:

In the bodybuilding and fitness community and even in some academic books skeletal muscle hypertrophy is described as being in one of two types: Sarcoplasmic or myofibrillar. According to this hypothesis, during sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, the volume of sarcoplasmic fluid in the muscle cell increases with no accompanying increase in muscular strength, whereas during myofibrillar hypertrophy, actin and myosin contractile proteins increase in number and add to muscular strength as well as a small increase in the size of the muscle. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is greater in the muscles of bodybuilders while myofibrillar hypertrophy is more dominant in Olympic weightlifters.[26] These two forms of adaptations rarely occur completely independently of one another; one can experience a large increase in fluid with a slight increase in proteins, a large increase in proteins with a small increase in fluid, or a relatively balanced combination of the two.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_hypertrophy

This is very similar to what Mentzer was taking about in the vid Vince posted when dismissing the need for large amounts of protein to grow muscles as muscles are not composed primarily of protein but of water. He speaks about how low carb/high protein diets "dry out" the muscle makes you looking drained and flat. Higher carbs and properly hydrated muscles are able to store more glycogen making you appear larger and fuller. This is one of the reasons insulin is used. You can force more glycogen into the muscle forcing larger size but often to the point where you get that bluffy marsh mellow look of a Phil Heath rather than the dense hard muscle of a prime Mentzer.

We've all experienced the over night growth and fullness after a night of pizza and brownies. Our muscles look pumped and full. But is that real muscle? Real lean muscle fibers? I mean a super hydrated muscle fiber versus a dried out ketosis ridden fiber is still the same muscle fiber. We know only amino acids, not glucose, can build real muscle fibers. That's why they call it protein synthesis and not glucose synthesis.

So, I'm really not sure. I know at this point, I would rather have nice plump, full muscle fibers even if it's "artificially" pumped up hydrated fibers even if it's not true myofibrillar hypertrophy. But ideally I would rather not to have to even think or worry about it. I would rather be in the ignorant bliss of a Coleman doing the same old bench, incline, dumbbell flies that generations have been mindlessly following and still produce some of the largest pecs ever seen on a human being.

It seems only the genetically less fortunate hash out these things over and over trying to find a way to compensate for our lack of muscle hypertrophic predisposition.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: April 26, 2017, 01:56:52 AM »
Nobody is truly anonymous. The Cyber Police can backtrack them.

You can find the computer but pin pointing who is behind  the keyboard can be tricky.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #458 on: April 26, 2017, 02:00:08 AM »
Both of you have this strong victim mentality and the law of attraction will follow

How can a victim really and truly want to physically harm a bully  ???

I'm not a fan of the social realm but within the physical realm I am completely confident and I thrive very strongly within it

may be because I am very athletic having talent with great quickness coordination and incredible condition and stamina

victims don't have the guts and courage to physically harm their attackers, I do  ;)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #459 on: April 26, 2017, 02:05:39 AM »
I don't have an issue with Mentzer's view on nutrition. I believe in more of Sears 40/30/30 but don't obsess over it. As a result of research, experimentation and trying to keep an open mind my views on protein intake has changed considerably. I remember the days, really not very long ago, where I made it a point to take in 300 grams per day. I can only picture you shaking your head, not so much in surprise, but a bit of pity. Yesterday, I got maybe 60 grams and today closer to 90 grams. I really don't keep track like I use to but getting over 100 grams is a rare heavy eating day. And there's been no difference between my 300g/day versus 80g/day. I mean, I look at guys way bigger than me and carrying more muscle and don't even lift that eat a typical carb rich diet we have. How the hell do gorillas carry so much muscle when they are primarily vegetarians.

BTW, his lecture on recovery and recovery ability directly contradicts your beliefs. The idea of continually training a muscle specifically before it recovers would be anathema to Mike.

interesting about your protein experiment thanks for sharing bro

AJ always said that you need .36 grams per pound of bodyweight

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #460 on: April 26, 2017, 02:08:05 AM »
How can a victim really and truly want to physically harm a bully  ???

I'm not a fan of the social realm but within the physical realm I am completely confident and I thrive very strongly within it

may be because I am very athletic having talent with great quickness coordination and incredible condition and stamina

victims don't have the guts and courage to physically harm their attackers, I do  ;)

You're a delusional person, who's too much attached with his ego. It's your lack of self-relativation and false confidence that does the magic.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #461 on: April 26, 2017, 02:17:02 AM »
You're a delusional person, who's too much attached with his ego. It's your lack of self-relativation and false confidence that does the magic.

when you say "the magic" do you mean making me an arrogant douche? If yes then kudos to you

not delusional about my courage though as about 6 weeks ago I had an incident at the club with some ass face at the club who was yapping away and I said your all mouth, let'sgo ooutside and settle this and he declined

but yeah I suppose that my Narcissistic Rage causes my probs,  but it is honestly getting better

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #462 on: April 26, 2017, 02:18:37 AM »

Even intelligent people, ourselves included, can overlook things and make mistakes.
Mike never entertained the idea that growth could be continuous. He accepted Selye's stress theory so concluded bodybuilders need more rest to completely recover from hard workouts.
I never considered every third day training as being optimal. Well, we did for many years train 6 days a week, MWF upper body and TThSat legs. Sunday off. No wonder we didn't get huge!
I discovered the DOMS method by accident by triggering DOMS when I had been training very hard for several weeks. I was convinced that if one could get the muscles sore he
should grow. Taking it a step further I wondered what would happen if I kept the muscles sore. For me it was an exciting month. I ran to my workouts. The soreness was very welcome
because I knew I was growing. How did I know? I could measure the improvements after each and every workout. That was a great month. Since that time I have trained now and then
but never for more than a few workouts. Each workout still generates DOMS. For older guys that is the closest we get to the fountain of youth without additional pharmaceuticals.

I was listening to a fellow talk about the very early days when he had Arthur Jones train him in Deland, Florida. He said the workouts were brutal and not that short. Arthur knew how to get you to go to your very limit. Many guys threw up from the hard training. This guy went outside afterwards and stretched out on the grass to collect his thoughts. We can see that Arthur was getting some of his results not from his Nautilus machines but the brutal way he got people to train. For example, Sergio Oliva trained with Arthur and in 1971-2 was at his peak. For legs Arthur would have them go to the limit on the leg press with a huge weight for 25 reps. Then without resting do leg extensions for 15 reps with another big load. Finally, without rest he would load up the barbell and have them go to the limit for 10 to 15 reps. Sergio followed Casey Viator on a leg workout and when they got to the squats with 405 pounds (4 plates per side) Sergio couldn't get up on the first rep. He did get better and could eventually handle that protocol. Sometimes they would repeat that sequence so imagine how they felt afterwards. That is still a hard way to train today.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #463 on: April 26, 2017, 02:23:47 AM »
when you say "the magic" do you mean making me an arrogant douche? If yes then kudos to you

not delusional about my courage though as about 6 weeks ago I had an incident at the club with some ass face at the club who was yapping away and I said your all mouth, let'sgo ooutside and settle this and he declined

but yeah I suppose that my Narcissistic Rage causes my probs,  but it is honestly getting better

For how long are you saying this?
With 'the magic' I refer to attracting bullies.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #464 on: April 26, 2017, 02:42:32 AM »
you give as good as you get tubby

dont dish it out if you cant take it lard ass

Let me say something about this pathetic stalker, bigmc. He hasn't contributed one thing to this discussion on hypertrophy. He just attacks people. The internet must be a wonderful thing for some challenged people

because they can be tough and put others down. bigmc of all people can't be serious about asking someone else to post a photo. What the hell is he afraid of? Even when he

was at a club in London with Getbiggers his face was missing from the photos. Big, tough guy for sure.

Yes, bigmc pisses people off. Whatever have I or anyone here done to him? Spell it out. Otherwise he is no different from that mentally ill brute living in Regina. You know, the guy

who called Booty. Turns out Josh had to get off a jet because it freaked him out.

bigmc said he has an important position in his community. He has a security company? He surely doesn't have any shame or integrity, nor does he deserve any respect on this forum.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #465 on: April 26, 2017, 02:54:09 AM »
For how long are you saying this?
With 'the magic' I refer to attracting bullies.

I don't attract bullies irl brosef, just on here

remember, this is all for shits and giggles here ie. I pour it on very thick here

make sense?

and this problem at the club came from some guy harassing a lady friemd

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: April 26, 2017, 02:58:39 AM »
Let me say something about this pathetic stalker, bigmc. He hasn't contributed one thing to this discussion on hypertrophy. He just attacks people. The internet must be a wonderful thing for some challenged people

because they can be tough and put others down. bigmc of all people can't be serious about asking someone else to post a photo. What the hell is he afraid of? Even when he

was at a club in London with Getbiggers his face was missing from the photos. Big, tough guy for sure.

Yes, bigmc pisses people off. Whatever have I or anyone here done to him? Spell it out. Otherwise he is no different from that mentally ill brute living in Regina. You know, the guy

who called Booty. Turns out Josh had to get off a jet because it freaked him out.

bigmc said he has an important position in his community. He has a security company? He surely doesn't have any shame or integrity, nor does he deserve any respect on this forum.

i just think you are a pompous cu nt

and i dont give a fuck what anyone on here thinks of me you fat cock gobler

the main reason i give you shit is because you accused arnold of rape because he placed you dead last in a contest

thst says everything about the type of person you are

a fat pompous nobody thats main goal in life is to get blue stars on a forum where people give each other shit for a laugh

you dont get it on here and you never will

i have posted pics videos and met up with any get bigger who was in the area

just accept who you are on here and join in with the laighs tubs  :-*
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #467 on: April 26, 2017, 03:21:46 AM »
i just think you are a pompous cu nt

and i dont give a fuck what anyone on here thinks of me you fat cock gobler

the main reason i give you shit is because you accused arnold of rape because he placed you dead last in a contest

thst says everything about the type of person you are

a fat pompous nobody thats main goal in life is to get blue stars on a forum where people give each other shit for a laugh

you dont get it on here and you never will

i have posted pics videos and met up with any get bigger who was in the area

just accept who you are on here and join in with the laighs tubs  :-*

Good, I got you to post more defaming remarks about me. What a simpleton you are.

Let Arnold deal with me and not some internet nobody who was a former policeman. What a joke you are and a stupid one at that.

You posted in the past that you were going to contact Arnold's people about what I posted. You are a stellar bloke for sure.

If you feel that I made up a story about Arnold why keep mentioning it if it is a falsehood? You are perpetuating that stuff, not me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #468 on: April 26, 2017, 08:42:01 AM »
Basile will have on his headstone "All he wanted out of life were Blue Stars" 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #469 on: April 26, 2017, 08:50:29 AM »
vince you monstrously obese simpleton

you posted the arnold story on every forum on the net multiple times

you are a man with no ethical standards

a man whos only claim to fame is he won a contest that he rigged

by picking the judges

you are in no position to cast aspersions on my character you fat old wind bag

now post a link to all these articles you had published

what you

You know, it isn't often I get to witness a person devoid of even common sense. But there you are shining like a National Guitar.

You were not a witness to any of the events mentioned yet are quick to make ethical judgments. Obviously you have never

been judged in a bodybuilding contest. One wonders why you even hang around Getbig. Oh, I forgot, you are big bigmc. My mistake.

I posted the story about Arnold and the babysitter on two forums. Only Getbig remains because Ironage has been devoured by a virus.

Now that Arnold has been exposed as misbehaving in his own home do you think people will imagine he didn't do similar things with

other females, especially in the past? I mean, have you met Arnold? Have you read his books? The guy feels entitled to break the

rules if he benefits. He wrote that he never befriended anyone who couldn't benefit him in some way....and that includes women.

I merely wrote about what he did at our place. He was a guest and behaved in a lecherous and boorish way. No amount of challenging

me or the facts is going to change what he did.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #470 on: April 26, 2017, 08:55:34 AM »
Basile will have on his headstone "All he wanted out of life were Blue Stars" 

Even the great bigmc declared that this forum was for stirring others and having a laugh. I make a post about Blue Stars and the flotsam are too dense to see that I am having a laugh.

If you ever won a national bodybuilding title you will know that blue stars on a discussion forum mean absolutely nothing....except to dudes like Goodrum.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: April 26, 2017, 09:07:48 AM »
vince where are articles you claim to have had published

vince where is the evidence your doms theory is more than the pompous ramblings of a morbidly obese idiot

vince post some evidence of any of your claims

you nincompoop
T

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #472 on: April 26, 2017, 09:27:37 AM »
Even the great bigmc declared that this forum was for stirring others and having a laugh. I make a post about Blue Stars and the flotsam are too dense to see that I am having a laugh.

If you ever won a national bodybuilding title you will know that blue stars on a discussion forum mean absolutely nothing....except to dudes like Goodrum.

GB is exactly that - a goof - but you seem real prickly over this issue.  And yes - we know - for like the quad zillionth time - you are the Canuk Champion

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: April 26, 2017, 09:33:44 AM »

Using the old reverse psychology.   :D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #474 on: April 26, 2017, 10:01:32 AM »
Even intelligent people, ourselves included, can overlook things and make mistakes.
Mike never entertained the idea that growth could be continuous. He accepted Selye's stress theory so concluded bodybuilders need more rest to completely recover from hard workouts.
I never considered every third day training as being optimal. Well, we did for many years train 6 days a week, MWF upper body and TThF legs. Sunday off. No wonder we didn't get huge!
I discovered the DOMS method by accident by triggering DOMS when I had been training very hard for several weeks. I was convinced that if one could get the muscles sore he
should grow. Taking it a step further I wondered what would happen if I kept the muscles sore. For me it was an exciting month. I ran to my workouts. The soreness was very welcome
because I knew I was growing. How did I know? I could measure the improvements after each and every workout. That was a great month. Since that time I have trained now and then
but never for more than a few workouts. Each workout still generates DOMS. For older guys that is the closest we get to the fountain of youth without additional pharmaceuticals.

I was listening to a fellow talk about the very early days when he had Arthur Jones train him in Deland, Florida. He said the workouts were brutal and not that short. Arthur knew how to get you to go to your very limit. Many guys threw up from the hard training. This guy went outside afterwards and stretched out on the grass to collect his thoughts. We can see that Arthur was getting some of his results not from his Nautilus machines but the brutal way he got people to train. For example, Sergio Oliva trained with Arthur and in 1971-2 was at his peak. For legs Arthur would have them go to the limit on the leg press with a huge weight for 25 reps. Then without resting do leg extensions for 15 reps with another big load. Finally, without rest he would load up the barbell and have them go to the limit for 10 to 15 reps. Sergio followed Casey Viator on a leg workout and when they got to the squats with 405 pounds (4 plates per side) Sergio couldn't get up on the first rep. He did get better and could eventually handle that protocol. Sometimes they would repeat that sequence so imagine how they felt afterwards. That is still a hard way to train today.

"The soreness was very welcome
because I knew I was growing.
How did I know? I could measure the improvements after each and every workout."

Really You Grew that quickly during each workout.  ::)

Bollocks -- Either you have worded that wrong or it was the pump.
No way you were growing during a workout.

HTH
 ;)