Author Topic: 5 cool degos  (Read 3024 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
5 cool degos
« on: April 18, 2017, 05:44:40 AM »
 8)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 5 cool degos
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 06:09:32 AM »
My 80 something barber use to have a shop in Newark,NJ. He use to tell me stories of the mob, Frankie Valli and Joe Pesci. He said before Valli was famous they all use to ask Frankie to sing high and they would all crack up how high an octave he could reach. When I saw the Jersey Boys on Broadway some of my barber's stories he told me before the play was ever conceived was in it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 06:12:17 AM »
My 80 something barber use to have a shop in Newark,NJ. He use to tell me stories of the mob, Frankie Valli and Joe Pesci. He said before Valli was famous they all use to ask Frankie to sing high and they would all crack up how high an octave he could reach. When I saw the Jersey Boys on Broadway some of my barber's stories he told me before the play was ever conceived was in it.

cool stuff  8)

thanks for sharing bro

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 06:30:49 AM »

Is the play good? I've wanted to see it while in Vegas before, but just never got around to it. I like the Four Seasons. No homo.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 08:21:56 AM »
Is the play good? I've wanted to see it while in Vegas before, but just never got around to it. I like the Four Seasons. No homo.

their best tune is who loves you

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 05:30:29 AM »

What stories regarding Joe Pesci and the mob though?
Q

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 05:35:16 AM »
my barber when I was a kid was on Mt Prospect...old old school ginzo shop. The smell of their anisette soaked cigars, the sound of the straight razors on the leather strop have been replaced by the smell of blunts and clippers lol...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 05:42:50 AM »
SILVER LAKE was section in Newark where all Italians were at that time it bordered Belleville/bloomfield area ,I worked with a neopolitan who still lived there in early 2000's ..I used to drive him home and we would listen to o sol mio,al di la,come back to Sorrento.non domenticar,he would sing in Italian he was un pazzo lol.he was a body shop guy histerical.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 06:15:10 PM »

It's amazing. I just wonder if it's the same cast as Broadway? 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 06:21:31 PM »
What stories regarding Joe Pesci and the mob though?

He said he knew Pesci and Frankie.  Regarding the mob he said all the barber shops in the Newark area used to be the place to drop off gambling bets.  My barber said he was questioned about the Jersey mob and gambling. He said he broke out speaking Italian and pretended he didn't know English. 

Frankie's original guitarist was involved with the mob and also mismanaged the bands money. The guitarist is now Joe Pesci's personal driver.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 06:26:33 PM »
.....the fuck is a "dego"

if you're gonna use a pejorative term at least spell it right

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 06:27:58 PM »
it's kinda like how you guys say "dindu" or "hebrew"

it's not "dindu" or "Hebrew"..........it's "Nigger"

seriously, some of you are so fucking ignorant and uneducated yo

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 07:44:05 PM »
He said he knew Pesci and Frankie.  Regarding the mob he said all the barber shops in the Newark area used to be the place to drop off gambling bets.  My barber said he was questioned about the Jersey mob and gambling. He said he broke out speaking Italian and pretended he didn't know English. 

Frankie's original guitarist was involved with the mob and also mismanaged the bands money. The guitarist is now Joe Pesci's personal driver.
yep..my dad loved the four seasons saw them original l lineup back in those days he net frankie small club,,,his real name is Francesco Castellucio like most ethnic entertainers/actors of those days a name change was in order he took 'valle'after a women singer but made it more italian adding the 'i' instead ..married many times was a woman magnet and still great at 80..

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 07:14:45 AM »
SILVER LAKE was section in Newark where all Italians were at that time it bordered Belleville/bloomfield area ,I worked with a neopolitan who still lived there in early 2000's ..I used to drive him home and we would listen to o sol mio,al di la,come back to Sorrento.non domenticar,he would sing in Italian he was un pazzo lol.he was a body shop guy histerical.
the whole area is nothing like it was before. Growing up between North Newark and Belleville, where I graduated HS, it was primarily all Italian, Polish and Irish. Now all the old families have either moved or died. The dindus took over bringing with them their propensity to destroy anything nice, it kills me each time I cut thru Branch Brook Park coming from Belleville into Heller Parkway and North 6th St. Nothing but shittums hanging out.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 08:01:02 AM »
the whole area is nothing like it was before. Growing up between North Newark and Belleville, where I graduated HS, it was primarily all Italian, Polish and Irish. Now all the old families have either moved or died. The dindus took over bringing with them their propensity to destroy anything nice, it kills me each time I cut thru Branch Brook Park coming from Belleville into Heller Parkway and North 6th St. Nothing but shittums hanging out.
YEAH ,,,I GREW UP IN LODI NJ IT BORDERED GARFIELD/SADDLE BROOK/HASBROUK HEIGHTS IT WAS ALL ITALIAN MOSTLY ESP LODI'LAND OF DUMB ITALIANS'LOL....

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 08:19:22 AM »
Our prime dagos and dons on Getbig are Njflex and JohnnyNoGains!
Q

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 09:58:28 AM »
Racist thread reported!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 10:09:51 AM »
Racist thread reported!!

;D

next I'll try and make a 5 cool chinks thread but I doubt that I'll actually be able to find 5 cool chinks