Author Topic: Hillary Clinton on 2016 Election: 'That Was My Last Race'  (Read 409 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Hillary Clinton on 2016 Election: 'That Was My Last Race'
« on: April 18, 2017, 11:57:54 AM »
Thank goodness.  Just ride off into the sunset and count all that money you made from reading canned speeches. 

Hillary Clinton on 2016 Election: 'That Was My Last Race'
By Joe Crowe   |    Tuesday, 18 Apr 2017

According to a new book, Hillary Clinton said on the night of the presidential election that she was not going to run for president again.

"That was my last race," she said, according to "Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign," written by The Hill's Amie Parnes and Sidewire's Jonathan Allen.

"I really just want to concede gracefully, wish him the best, thank everybody, and get off the stage. This is not a moment for me to do more than that," Clinton said that night, after Donald Trump won the presidency.

According to the book, Jake Sullivan, her chief strategist, noted that she had said Trump was "temperamentally unfit."

"You made a case that all these people's rights and safety are in danger — if you mean that, you should say it," Sullivan said.

However, Clinton said that role had now passed to someone else. "Other people will criticize him. That's their job. I have done it. I just lost, and that is that," she said, according to the book.

The book compiles a post-mortem on Clinton's campaign. The insights in the book are "nothing less than devastating," according to a New York Times review.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/hillary-2016-election-last-race/2017/04/18/id/784923/

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Hillary Clinton on 2016 Election: 'That Was My Last Race'
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 01:23:38 PM »

a