Author Topic: Dorian Yates training Journals  (Read 2629 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Dorian Yates training Journals
« on: April 23, 2017, 10:58:16 AM »
Dedicated fella he was.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: Dorian Yates training Journals
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
if he were really dedicated he would have memorized it

Simple Simon

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:41:37 AM »
whats the point of writing your sets and reps down, just go to the gym and give your all.

whats hard about that?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 11:44:17 AM »
or going to the gym not giving your all.

what kinda genetics do you have if you need to give your all? shitty genetics!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »
whats the point of writing your sets and reps down, just go to the gym and give your all.

whats hard about that?
track progress
tweak things if no progress
progressive overload
motivator
etc. can go on...

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 02:02:25 PM »
track progress
tweak things if no progress
progressive overload
motivator
etc. can go on...

You dont need to carry on, make a note in your journal for later....

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 02:16:32 PM »
When I was a dedicated young body build, I used to keep a track of everything, a4 jotter, what I ate and at what times, gear, supps, if id worked overtime , then sets and reps underneath..

It did help at the time, its interesting to have a scroll through now n then,until I get depressed I used to warm up with stuff I can barely budge.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 03:50:40 PM »

whats hard about that?

He trained with one all out work set. He recorded the rep failed at and the weight. He probably also timed the length of the workout.  He always tried to beat his last workout.

I have journals going back decades. Pearl, Yates, and Mentzer talked of keeping journals. Yates did say at one point he just kept it in his head and writing down later.  I recently stopped keeping a journal and you're right. Give your all.  You will have bad days and hopefully mainly good days.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 04:37:22 PM »

whats hard about that?

Dorian asked one of his fellow competitors (Flex Wheeler?) once how he got into such condition, what he did the year before to nail it. His response was he did not remember what his nutrition was or the training. Dorian then realized that this is one of the reasons he was winning over everybody else. He could track what worked and what did not. By following his regimented training and nutrition routine he knew the results he would get.
  When I was heavy into power lifting I kept a constant journal of every rep set and weight used. I did not want to repeat any workout i had already done. My goal was to get stronger in every way. Whether it be more reps with the same weight or more weight with the same reps. It worked well for me.
h

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 04:41:59 PM »
Dorian asked one of his fellow competitors (Flex Wheeler?) once how he got into such condition, what he did the year before to nail it. His response was he did not remember what his nutrition was or the training. Dorian then realized that this is one of the reasons he was winning over everybody else. He could track what worked and what did not. By following his regimented training and nutrition routine he knew the results he would get.
  When I was heavy into power lifting I kept a constant journal of every rep set and weight used. I did not want to repeat any workout i had already done. My goal was to get stronger in every way. Whether it be more reps with the same weight or more weight with the same reps. It worked well for me.

It was Flex Wheeler , He asked Dorian how he could nail his conditioning time-and-time again

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 04:43:56 PM »
Found it more use full when comparing the nutrition surrounding "good" & "poor" training sessions.  i.e. how the food/shops/drugs (& sleep/rest, as well as what you were thinking about far as motivation/distractions) you took in that day & previous day and how it affected a particular session. If it was a good session, seeing if you could replicate it. After years of doing it, it gets redundant, but in a lull or a rut in training, it may help to look back years previous and notice where bad habits began to creep in.