Author Topic: Nautilus Pullover?  (Read 8919 times)

Fred Zeppelin

Nautilus Pullover?
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:04:43 AM »
Is this a Nautilus Pullover machine?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Nautilus pullover?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 11:51:55 AM »
Q

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 12:17:58 PM »
A classic
U

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 12:38:14 PM »
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »
A classic

i once saw a guy getting a wedgie from a nautilus machine, stay away from them.
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 01:02:23 PM »
We have this ugly ass pullover, but I only use it for overhead tricep extentions

Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 01:28:07 PM »
 ;D

Q

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 03:05:27 PM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Nautilus Pullover Machoner?
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 03:12:21 PM »
pullover!

Q

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 03:18:12 PM »
Arguably the best machine Arthur Jones ever made. I don't have access to it now but it hits the lats perfect.  Yates and Mentzer used it in their routines.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 07:51:26 PM »
Can anyone compare from experience the Nautilus pullover to the Hammer Strength version?
Q

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 08:22:30 PM »
My gym has a Bodymasters Pullover which is much better than the hammer strength version

VladimirVersic

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 10:48:58 PM »
The front of the lats can be hit with both dumbbell and barbbell pullover. But a good pullover machine stimulates the growth even better i think.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 11:32:15 PM »
The front of the lats can be hit with both dumbbell and barbbell pullover. But a good pullover machine stimulates the growth even better i think.

There is no front of the lat. There's only 1 "lat", & and its function is to pull the upper arm sown while in front of the body. All the pullover does is eliminate the musclesnin the arms from assisting (aside from slight involvement of the triceps, in which the long head crosses the shoulder joint and attaches at the scapula) and serratus, which pullsntje scapula forward, opposite of the rhomboids, which pull the scapula back.

Pullovers whether machine, db, bb, or straight arm pulldowns with a cable, and pullups/machine pull does with the arms/elbows in front of the body, all target the lats.

Movements like a chinup or pull down with themselves out to the sides target more of the teres muscles of the upper back, & less of the lat.

Rowing movements tend to target move of the rhomboids, with greater arm involvement.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 12:01:49 AM »
i like the one dorian use in blood n guts, it makes a squeeky sound and is loaded with regular plates
GET IN THERE MR YATES!!!

VladimirVersic

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 12:05:28 AM »
There is no front of the lat. There's only 1 "lat", & and its function is to pull the upper arm sown while in front of the body. All the pullover does is eliminate the musclesnin the arms from assisting (aside from slight involvement of the triceps, in which the long head crosses the shoulder joint and attaches at the scapula) and serratus, which pullsntje scapula forward, opposite of the rhomboids, which pull the scapula back.

Pullovers whether machine, db, bb, or straight arm pulldowns with a cable, and pullups/machine pull does with the arms/elbows in front of the body, all target the lats.

Movements like a chinup or pull down with themselves out to the sides target more of the teres muscles of the upper back, & less of the lat.

Rowing movements tend to target move of the rhomboids, with greater arm involvement.
Very good sir. But like i said it isolates the front part of the lats where you feel an intense strech and contraction.
Hence the more stimulation and growth in that particular aerea.
I speak from my personal experience and results from that machine. Yours might be different.
And i used a very good version and a bad one. Unfortunately i never tried the Nautilus version.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 12:26:16 AM »
Its crap.... We have one like yates, only a couple use it... Unless you have perfect proportions for this machine it will leave you wondering what all the fuss is about, and I have great feeling in my lats on every other movement

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 12:37:30 AM »
The ONLY reason I'm still at the gym I'm at is the pullover machine. In country Germany they don't seem to be thought of as particularly important and this place is the only one that has an actual pullover machine.

I've tried all the free weight and cable variants, but the machine has been superior to all of them.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 12:45:36 AM »
Its crap.... We have one like yates, only a couple use it... Unless you have perfect proportions for this machine it will leave you wondering what all the fuss is about, and I have great feeling in my lats on every other movement
that model sucks if you are tall

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 12:46:12 AM »
The ONLY reason I'm still at the gym I'm at is the pullover machine. In country Germany they don't seem to be thought of as particularly important and this place is the only one that has an actual pullover machine.

I've tried all the free weight and cable variants, but the machine has been superior to all of them.

What reason more stay gym don't more options muscle building available?

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 01:04:42 AM »
Nautilus, Life & Fitness, Hammer-Strength is the same Company. The Pullover-machines changed other the last 4-decades.

i like the plate load-versions more than the stack.

In my homegym i still have a old Pullover-Machine (not Nautilus, a german company) with excenter to put more resistance in the strongest parts of the movements, and less in the weakest part. My machine have also a belt to fix the midsection and me on the seat when using heavy weights.

I donīt use this machine not in any back-workout, but i use "always" one Kind of Pullover (straight arm cable, or dumbell) in back-workout.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 02:04:08 AM »
Nautilus isn't owned by life fitness it's owned by star trac now.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 03:19:21 AM »
Very good sir. But like i said it isolates the front part of the lats where you feel an intense strech and contraction.
Hence the more stimulation and growth in that particular aerea.
I speak from my personal experience and results from that machine. Yours might be different.
And i used a very good version and a bad one. Unfortunately i never tried the Nautilus version.

Not true. You cant isolate a "front" part of the lat. The lat is the lat. If it grows, it grows in entirety.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 03:21:49 AM »
Arguably the best machine Arthur Jones ever made. I don't have access to it now but it hits the lats perfect.  Yates and Mentzer used it in their routines.

The reason that machine isn't very popular is because about 85% of the people do it wrong and get nothing out of it. They pull with their hands instead of drive back with their elbows. Look at Mentzer's hands. It's open and relaxed and just resting on the bar. All the force is driving back with his elbows/upper arms -- exactly what the lats do.

I wouldn't even touch the bar when doing the pullover. Just position my elbows on the pads and have my hands free and in the position it would be if I was doing close grip pull downs (palms up). But that was over ten years ago. Can't find a gym that has a pullover in my area.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 03:28:49 AM »
The reason that machine isn't very popular is because about 85% of the people do it wrong and get nothing out of it. They pull with their hands instead of drive back with their elbows. Look at Mentzer's hands. It's open and relaxed and just resting on the bar. All the force is driving back with his elbows/upper arms -- exactly what the lats do.

I wouldn't even touch the bar when doing the pullover. Just position my elbows on the pads and have my hands free and in the position it would be if I was doing close grip pull downs (palms up). But that was over ten years ago. Can't find a gym that has a pullover in my area.

Dorian always grabbed the bar.

Im not a short guy, but using hammer strength andbcybex machines i can never get my elbows on the pads and reach the bar to grab it... Always just enough so my fingertips touch the bar: