Author Topic: Klitschko vs. Joshua (Saturday, April 30th) PUT WORKING LINKS IN HERE  (Read 23445 times)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko for IBF/WBA Titles (Saturday, April 30th)

Anybody going to watch this on Saturday?

Boxing is so terrible now that I am actually looking forward to this. :-[

I don't want to pay though.

Hopefully, somebody here will know how to see it online for free. ;)

johnny1

• Getbig IV
This is a interesting match up, everyone seems too be picking Joshua for a quick knockout, my prediction if Joshua can not get Klitschko out of there in 5 rounds...the 41 year old will take him into deep water and drown him, the smart money's on Joshua's youth and power, the unknown fact is after 5-6 rounds imo favours the older war horse though exspearnce we will soon know been a real long time since there's been any interest in heavyweight boxing this match is possibly worth a look. My prediction the 41 year old Klitschko stops Joshua round 10.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Interesting to see what Wlad has left. He hasn't fought for a few years and looked bad in his previous two fights. If he's shot, then Joshua should have him out before the 6th round. If he has something left, then I can see it going to distance with Joshua taking a close UD.
A younger Wlad would have beaten AJ though.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Wlads been out for a long time - Joshua has kept himself fit & busy.

Experience/ ring craft / Durability - Wlad
Speed / Hunger / Big Punch - Joshua

Very much depends what sort of Wlad turns up to fight
If he is anything like the version that fought Fury  ::)
It's End of the road for him.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Bodybuilding related.... AJ has an amazing physique, 6'6 with big quads... Usualy tall boxers have legs like skinny supermodels.

Our family are all getting together to watch this one, will be a good night... I think if he goes for it, it wont go past 3 rounds, hope he isn't too cautious/respectful

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Pillow fight of peace. Da cage is where its at, I keep telling you.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
An interesting one. Vlad seems determined to prove that the Fury fight was a bad night and he is now motivated to win again. Joshua has massive punch power but it's hard to know whether his chin can hold up to Klitschkos power. Whyte nearly flattened Joshua in that fight with one punch.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Any heavyweight cought flush is in trouble, its not like the lighter weights were they punch non stop for 12 rounds ...

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
Any heavyweight cought flush is in trouble, its not like the lighter weights were they punch non stop for 12 rounds ...
Did you watch the Whyte and Chisora fight? They busted each other for the whole fight without a knockout.

Im not saying Joshua hasn't got a chin but it will be interesting to see how he deals with Wlad's power.

I think Joshua wins but I would like to see a more active Klitschko come out to fight.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
Bodybuilding related.... AJ has an amazing physique, 6'6 with big quads... Usualy tall boxers have legs like skinny supermodels.

Our family are all getting together to watch this one, will be a good night... I think if he goes for it, it wont go past 3 rounds, hope he isn't too cautious/respectful

nigel benn said it right, "he's a unit" n/h

tyson fury said, "and I bet he's got a big dick and all" n/h  ;D

a_pupil

• Getbig V
Did you watch the Whyte and Chisora fight? They busted each other for the whole fight without a knockout.

Im not saying Joshua hasn't got a chin but it will be interesting to see how he deals with Wlad's power.

I think Joshua wins but I would like to see a more active Klitschko come out to fight.

whyte was shite that night as well. fat, unfit and with apparently a messed up shoulder. it was suprising he couldn't put a dent in chisora at 100% plus chisora had him out on his feet a few times during the fight (I think there was a knockdown not counted as well, and one time he looked like he was out cold for a moment but bounced back off the ropes).

it will be good for the division if aj has a bit of a chink in the armour or he'll run out of people to flatten.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
whyte was shite that night as well. fat, unfit and with apparently a messed up shoulder. it was suprising he couldn't put a dent in chisora at 100% plus chisora had him out on his feet a few times during the fight (I think there was a knockdown not counted as well, and one time he looked like he was out cold for a moment but bounced back off the ropes).

it will be good for the division if aj has a bit of a chink in the armour or he'll run out of people to flatten.
If AJ can take the power shots from Wlad and keep coming then he will dominate the whole division for a long time.

Ssxa

• Getbig III
Most experts are picking Joshua to KO Wlad early. Hard to say what he has left, but he is definitely motivated for this fight and I'd say the pressure is on Joshua. Joshua may KO him early, but if he doesn't and the ref allows Wlad to use his clinch and hold to wear Joshua down, I could see a late stoppage win for Wlad.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
Most experts are picking Joshua to KO Wlad early. Hard to say what he has left, but he is definitely motivated for this fight and I'd say the pressure is on Joshua. Joshua may KO him early, but if he doesn't and the ref allows Wlad to use his clinch and hold to wear Joshua down, I could see a late stoppage win for Wlad.
Yeah if he goes with jab and grab it could be a long night for AJ.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Joshua should kill him after that embarassing display with Tyson Fury.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
really looking forward to this fight. it's so hard to call. i have a sneaky feeling joshua wins on points or late rounds knockout .

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
Joshua should kill him after that embarassing display with Tyson Fury.
Wlads last two fights were terrible. I hope he hasn't lost it completely because this will be a painful lesson.
If he has a renewed motivation and comes to fight it will be a good fight.

Conker

• Getbig IV
Wlads last two fights were terrible. I hope he hasn't lost it completely because this will be a painful lesson.
If he has a renewed motivation and comes to fight it will be a good fight.

fight against fury wasn't that bad. fury is a lot better than most think. sht style to watch but very effective and hard to beat.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
The last "good fight" of Klitschko is a about 2-3 years ago.....knock out against Pulev. Would be interesting to watch if he could turn back time or not ? Joshua was a former Sparring partner of Klitschko so both knew each other well.

I believe both go for a knockout. The chins of both are the weakness, but also both have a great knock-out rate. I donīt know who will win....but i hope we will have a clear decision. If Klitschko loose he should end his Long carreer with this fight. A former Trainer of me is today one of Wladimir s Sponsors (owner of a german boxing Company).

d0nny2600

• Getbig V

fight against fury wasn't that bad. fury is a lot better than most think. sht style to watch but very effective and hard to beat.
The fight against Fury was awful. He hesitated to throw his right for the whole fight. At times he cocked it as if to throw it and then didn't throw. Fury was awkward but to be fair he wasn't much better that night. They both were terrible but Fury deserved the win.

Wlad decided to throw a few punches in the final round and looked ok then. If he had done that the whole fight he would still be champion.

Conker

• Getbig IV
The fight against Fury was awful. He hesitated to throw his right for the whole fight. At times he cocked it as if to throw it and then didn't throw. Fury was awkward but to be fair he wasn't much better that night. They both were terrible but Fury deserved the win.

Wlad decided to throw a few punches in the final round and looked ok then. If he had done that the whole fight he would still be champion.

fury always looks awful but that was my point, that's just his style and he generally makes his opponents look awful too but he is very difficult to beat. not great to watch unless you really enjoy the tactical element of HW boxing. I actually backed fury to beat klitscho on points at 12-1.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V

fury always looks awful but that was my point, that's just his style and he generally makes his opponents look awful too but he is very difficult to beat. not great to watch unless you really enjoy the tactical element of HW boxing. I actually backed fury to beat klitscho on points at 12-1.
I think Fury is a good fighter - he just wasn't good on that night. He didn't "beat" Klitschko he just about out pointed him - purely because Wlad didn't punch. If Wlad had showed more output and landed a few then we would have had a boring Klitschko point decision.

Fury vs Chisora shows Fury as a good fighter.  He was extremely dominant in both those fights.

bigmc

• Getbig V

yep

fury makes everyone look shit
T

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
Big fight for both and an interesting result for the HW division either way. 

Klitschko loses and he's done professionally and needs to retire and make way for the next generation of fighters.  It will be two losses in a row and move him way down the line to get a contender fight...and he's only getting older  If he wants to stay relevant, get paid, and make a legitimate run to get the titles back he needs this win.

Joshua needs this win to show he's ready to unify the belts.  If he loses the HV division becomes a mess...if he wins then it sets up the inevitable challenge to Wilder.  The winner of that will need to fight Fury to become the undisputed champ.

Simple Simon

yep

fury makes everyone look shit
he drags people down to his level....