Author Topic: Klitschko vs. Joshua (Saturday, April 30th) PUT WORKING LINKS IN HERE  (Read 23459 times)

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
he drags people down to his level....
;D I don't think thats fair either. Fury is a tricky fighter and got inside Wlads head in that fight. I don't think either of them fought a good fight that night.

Klitchsko has no excuse for this fight - saw the open workout last night and he looks prepared (so does Joshua though)

BSN

• Getbig IV
2011 .. romanian Mihai Nistor winning by TKO Anthony Joshua in round 3.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
2011 .. romanian Mihai Nistor winning by TKO Anthony Joshua in round 3.

Hmm..This is my fear with Joshua. IF his chin is suspect then it could be a very bad night for him. Klitchsko has knockout power in both hands.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
Hmm..This is my fear with Joshua. IF his chin is suspect then it could be a very bad night for him. Klitchsko has knockout power in both hands.

all boxers get wobbled from time to time it's how they respond that's the key. some cannot shake a punch others can look out on their feet and then manage to clear their heads and get through it.

amateurs is a different game, from that footage above the ref stops it before you can see how joshua reacts to getting rocked. tbh i think dylian whyte probably had him in more trouble in the 2nd round of their fight than that above,and he came through that fine.

plus klitscho also has question mark against his chin and he's rarely (probably never ever) been in with someone that hits as hard as joshua.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V

all boxers get wobbled from time to time it's how they respond that's the key. some cannot shake a punch others can look out on their feet and then manage to clear their heads and get through it.

amateurs is a different game, from that footage above the ref stops it before you can see how joshua reacts to getting rocked. tbh i think dylian whyte probably had him in more trouble in the 2nd round of their fight than that above,and he came through that fine.

plus klitscho also has question mark against his chin and he's rarely (probably never ever) been in with someone that hits as hard as joshua.
Correct - It will be interesting to see how well either of them can take the others power. Klitschkos chin has been suspect and he has essentially developed a style that avoids getting blasted by power shots.

I don't know about him not being in the ring with guys that hit as hard as AJ though - Chris Byrd, Sam Peters and Povetkin are all big punchers.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Correct - It will be interesting to see how well either of them can take the others power. Klitschkos chin has been suspect and he has essentially developed a style that avoids getting blasted by power shots.

I don't know about him not being in the ring with guys that hit as hard as AJ though - Chris Byrd, Sam Peters and Povetkin are all big punchers.

Byrd a big puncher? LOL.
Peters was heavy handed for sure and Povetkin has a decent dig on him, as did Brewster, Wach and Brock. Haye of course can bang too. The question marks regarding Wlad's chin really only came after the Sanders loss but the shots he took against the South African would have dropped 99% of HW's. The losses against Purrity and Brewster were more down to stamina issues.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
i suspec boring fight
A

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
fury always looks awful but that was my point, that's just his style and he generally makes his opponents look awful too but he is very difficult to beat. not great to watch unless you really enjoy the tactical element of HW boxing. I actually backed fury to beat klitscho on points at 12-1.

I agree that Fury is hard to beat but Wlad definitely looked somewhat shot in that fight. Wlad, while robotic, has always been very fast for a bigger guy and capable of covering distance quickly. Against, Fury, his legs looked tired and slow. Even in his previous fight against an average Jennings, he looked laboured.
Wlad is 41 now. Outside of Hopkins, I can't think of a recent boxer who can still operate at the highest level at that age.
From a boxing perspective, Joshua has a lot to lose and little to gain from this fight.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
I agree that Fury is hard to beat but Wlad definitely looked somewhat shot in that fight. Wlad, while robotic, has always been very fast for a bigger guy and capable of covering distance quickly. Against, Fury, his legs looked tired and slow. Even in his previous fight against an average Jennings, he looked laboured.
Wlad is 41 now. Outside of Hopkins, I can't think of a recent boxer who can still operate at the highest level at that age.
From a boxing perspective, Joshua has a lot to lose and little to gain from this fight.

He has everything to gain from this fight, this puts him on the map as top dog and the man to beat, even if he looses it will be put down as too much too soon.

Wilder has been champ for years and never had any intention of fighting wlad

Charlys69

• Getbig III

he can loose his title, of course, but with a win against Klitschko he will get a much higher Reputation in Boxing, and will make much better "deals" in the future. Joshua did not boxed the "best names" in Heavyweight boxing, and now he can make himself much greater than before. I think that Wladimir have much more fights in his "Card" is not a very big Advantage, cause he also was to lomg "out" of the Ring, and also his last good fight (Pulev) is some years ago.....

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
He has everything to gain from this fight, this puts him on the map as top dog and the man to beat, even if he looses it will be put down as too much too soon.

Wilder has been champ for years and never had any intention of fighting wlad

I think Joshua has to beat Wilder and Fury to establish himself as the top dog in the division. Wilder hasn't fought anyone but is still an unbeaten champion.

If Joshua beats Wlad, he beats a shot fighter so won't get much kudos. If he loses, then he's lost to an over-the-hill fighter and will be dismissed as being a "hype job".
It's a great fight for Wlad since he has everything to gain and nothing to lose at this stage of his career.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I dont think he's realy thought of as a washed up fighter, apart from nutjobs on boxing forums... Aj and wlad are by far 1 & 2 in the division

If fury was active that would change things.... I predict wilder and parker will avoid each other in the hope of a huge pay day in the UK. In reality they should fight each other next and face the winner of the aj v klit fight, I very much doubt that will happen and will fights bums until they have no choice

Fury v AJ could sell out Wembley 3 times over, if the fat pikey cu*t could ever get back in fighting shape

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
"I would like to see Klitschko win" - Mike Tyson

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
I don't know much about boxing but my friends do, one is a pro here, and they are putting their money on Joshua. I look forward to watching it with them anyway Saturday evening.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Fury sux dudes.........why even mention him ???

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
I dont think he's realy thought of as a washed up fighter, apart from nutjobs on boxing forums... Aj and wlad are by far 1 & 2 in the division

I don't think he's washed up, but he's still a 41 year old, fighting after a long layoff and who's had poor showings in his last two fights. His last good performance was against Pulev and that's going back a few years now.
He's still a skilled and calculating operator so can spring an upset but he's clearly not the same man he once was.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
klitscho is probably past his very best but he's still in fantastic shape and a very live opponent for anyone. there's still only 2/3 at most current fighters that would stand a chance against him even now.

people keep saying how bad he was against fury but that's not because he's shot or washed up, it's because he was fighting against a very effective, very big guy. klitscho likes to bully his opponents, push them around, lean on them and generally keep them off balance. he couldn't do that with fury because for once he came up against someone bigger and stronger than himself with a longer reach. who also happens to be technically very effective.

people saying klitscho didn't throw enough punches etc etc, which is very easy for an onlooker to point out. a bit harder to implement when you're in against a very awkward 6 foot 9 giant who is punishing you every time you miss.  

i see him having a similar issue with joshua. he is going to find it difficult to push joshua around and what joshua lacks in awkwardness compared to fury he makes up for in power.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
We'll know soon enough.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Fury sux dudes.........why even mention him ???

because he beat kiltchko

schooled him
T

Bulgarian_enforcer

• Getbig III
  • Kill em all...
I have my money with Klitchko. That arab boy AJ too young and no mike tyson.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I have my money with Klitchko. That arab boy AJ too young and no mike tyson.

He' British / Nigerian.... The big fucker just weighed in at 17.12 st or 250lbs, in very good condition..

Wlad looks great as usual too, great physique for a 41yr old

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Who would win a BB contest between these two hunks?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Who would win a BB contest between these two hunks?

Aj is quite narrow, even tho he has a realy well developed back... I prefer how these two look to most bodybuilders these days

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
WHy has AJ got a protruding gut?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Aj is quite narrow, even tho he has a realy well developed back... I prefer how these two look to most bodybuilders these days

I think being tall with long limbs and muscular/athletic is the ideal look. AJ's abs look wonky in a FDB but he's got elite arms.