Author Topic: Atheism Is Pure BS  (Read 23892 times)

Little Billy

• Getbig II
Atheism Is Pure BS
« on: May 10, 2017, 01:16:55 AM »
"There are only two possibilities as to how life arose; one is spontaneous generation arising to evolution, the other is a supernatural creative act of God, there is no third possibility. Spontaneous generation that life arose from non-living matter was scientifically disproved 120 years ago by Louis Pasteur and others. That leaves us with only one possible conclusion, that life arose as a creative act of God. I will not accept that philosophically because I do not want to believe in God, therefore I choose to believe in that which I know is scientifically impossible, spontaneous generation arising to evolution."
-- Dr. George Wald, Professor Emeritus of Biology at Harvard University, winner of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine

Ropo

• Getbig IV
Re: Atheism Is Pure BS
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 03:15:41 AM »
"There are only two possibilities as to how life arose; one is spontaneous generation arising to evolution, the other is a supernatural creative act of God, there is no third possibility. Spontaneous generation that life arose from non-living matter was scientifically disproved 120 years ago by Louis Pasteur and others. That leaves us with only one possible conclusion, that life arose as a creative act of God. I will not accept that philosophically because I do not want to believe in God, therefore I choose to believe in that which I know is scientifically impossible, spontaneous generation arising to evolution."
-- Dr. George Wald, Professor Emeritus of Biology at Harvard University, winner of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine

So what you are saying is that all human knowledge was present at 120 years ago, and last 120 years haven't increase humans knowledge even a bit. Even in the scale of getbig that is quite stupid thing to say..

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 03:21:33 AM »
What if there's a third possibility, and that is that your precious Dr George Wald is wrong...?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 03:42:19 AM »
You want proof of evolution?  Don't clean out your fridge for 6 months.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 03:57:33 AM »
Life finds a way...

a

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 04:00:47 AM »
 :D

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 04:49:56 AM »

Nowadays he'd probably announce it on instagram.

Skeeter

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 04:57:38 AM »

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 06:27:32 AM »
Why would he not want to believe in a Creator?  It doesn't automatically mean that the Creator is also a judge.  Or that the Creator has any involvement whatsoever with his creation.  We could just be his little fun experiment and now he's gone.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 06:41:36 AM »
So little Billy. Ever finish the big FUCK YOU Tattoo you got?

Little Billy

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 05:54:14 PM »
Has any atheist, blinded by the light of my lucid logic, renounced his atheism yet?

Skeeter

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 05:58:02 PM »
Has any atheist, blinded by the light of my lucid logic, renounced his atheism yet?

Fuck off, gimmick.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 05:59:34 PM »
 :)

Little Billy

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 06:01:47 PM »
Fuck off, gimmick.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 06:01:54 PM »
Proof of a higher power -

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 07:43:20 PM »
How about creation by a superior species that needn't be worshipped as a "god"?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 08:02:11 PM »

So true

Everyone knows that Brahma is the Creator God

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 08:05:13 PM »

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 08:06:49 PM »
I don't know how or why, so many men just "take it" .
Why do so many men allow a woman to pressure them into doing things they don't want?
From having kids to taking jobs they hate, I've seen plenty of men just going along with her. WTF?

At my wife's Christmas office party I met a real pathetic character.
He was a CPA with a decent income and worked out.
After a few drinks he confessed he hated his marriage and his 12 yr old son was a spoiled brat.
In fact,  he last had sex with his wife 7 years ago and they slept in separate rooms.
Why he stayed married was a real mystery to me.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »

h

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 08:14:01 AM »
It's stupidity....The idea that mankind started from apes and evolved into the level that we are discussing this on computers is preposterous...There had to be someone/something directing this....Einstein came to the same conclusion.....

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 08:20:52 AM »
It's stupidity....The idea that mankind started from apes and evolved into the level that we are discussing this on computers is preposterous...There had to be someone/something directing this....Einstein came to the same conclusion.....

We only THINK it's on computers. It's only in our mind.

We're all still on the Savannah throwing feces at eachother
Q

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 09:23:10 AM »
Whatever gets you to the light is alright.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 01:06:08 PM »
F

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 04:43:12 PM »
Religion and believing in some folklore is utter stupidity.  Complete utter stupidity.