Author Topic: Ron Harris strength claims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 39484 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ron Harris strength claims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2006, 07:24:15 PM »
Decent explanation.  You did get caught before revealing yourself, but hey, you were a good sport about it.  Welcome aboard.  

Now that you're here, tell us something about the BBing world we don't know.  Some gossip, some drama, something new.  Speak on it.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2006, 07:24:57 PM »
And one last thing for tonight - it's all relative! My arms suck compared to Ronnie or Lee's, but to the average person, they are huge.

And some of you guys that have even smaller arms than me, guess what? I am sure that to some people, like a young girl in a nightclub, your arms are huge!

Strength - same thing. I am a lot stronger than a lot of guys, and there are guys that are a lot stronger than THOSE guys. It's all about improvement and effort. If you bench press 225 but you used to only be able to bench 185, you should be proud of that, even if some other guy at your gym can bench 450.

I don't rip on anyone as long as they are trying to improve and they work hard at it, whether they weigh 100 pounds or 300.

Good to see someone with a positive attitude posting here.

doozejooze

• Getbig II
  • Get bit
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2006, 08:00:13 PM »
I gotta admit this guy is good.   I know I know, no one asked me, I'll go. Geez
Rectum defendere!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2006, 08:14:39 PM »
Dude is alright,he has a good and realistic outlook about his physique and where and how far he can take.he has a family and doubt he will blow in on unrealistic bbing expectations,bbing can be very delusional and everyone thinks at one time or another they are better than avg person due to their build or size.In the end he is just another hardcore gym rat and that in it self is rewarding,better than being out of shape than most 20 and 30 something's.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2006, 09:15:37 PM »
I always thought ron was a cool guy

E
E

HBK

• Getbig I
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2006, 10:10:33 PM »
Man, what a rough board! No wonder it took me so long to post. But I guess the internet in general's like that. I can't believe that Ron's claims were taken to be so wrong. At 185lbs, I've bent rowed 265, and I am nowhere near a strong guy. So him rowing 365 at 230 after all these years of experience under his belt is far from being unbelievable, yet still a feat. The guy has contributed positively to the industry, stepped on stage more than a few times, and put forth good information to the public- all things I doubt 90% of us on these boards will ever do.
One rep at a time.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2006, 10:12:19 PM »
Ron has been around a long time, seems like a good guy.  Welcome bro....

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2006, 10:15:02 PM »
guy has contributed positively to the industry, stepped on stage more than a few times, and put forth good information to the public- all things I doubt 90% of us on these boards will ever do.

How fucking absurd is this line that all the holy rollers on here use? Just b/c I come on here to be entertained . . to a Gossip & Opinions board for my entertainment . . . I have to step on stage?

I guess the next time I want to say that Britney Spears' last album sucked ass and Mariah Carey does not have an 8 octave range, i'd better wait until I have several demos recorded.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2006, 11:41:06 PM »
I don't get why Ron felt the need to post under an anonymous account.   ???

He never struck me as an insecure guy, although that mayhem thread was indeed evidence of groupthink.  Tim really pissed me off in that thread.   >:(  Stuff like that may be all fine and dandy for the mayhem asskiss members, but the majority of internet browsers will be turned off by it.  Threads like that really hurt Mayhem's rep, just as some threads on getbig have hurt us.

But why did Ron need to post?  If anything, BrianX's original post completely backfired as most of us believed Ron's claims.  A lot of us were praising Ron, so why did he need to come in here.

Ron, any word on this?  Most of us are on your side.

The fact that he responded to my accusations by posting under some phoney account just proves that I'm correct. He never really challenged anything I said. Harris knows that he can't lift the poundages quoted on his website. End of story.

I will gladly delete my account if he can post video evidence of these lifts. The fact that so many people believed (and still believe) this guy just shows how little the average Getbig poster knows about weight training. If his poundages are correct, Harris should be capable of 200 lb weighted dips and deadlifts with well over 600 lb. I've only seen a few guys who could honestly lift what he claims, and they were all extremely strong on the bench and deadlift. There is no way that someone with a 450 deadlift could do rows with nearly 4 plates a side. It's pure bullshit anyway you look at it.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2006, 12:04:57 AM »

I will gladly delete my account if he can post video evidence of these lifts.

Come on Ron, post it up and save the rest of us having to read anymore hating sh*te from Brian!

And Sarcasm, you're still a knob!
Team Efferding

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2006, 12:33:50 AM »
The fact that he responded to my accusations by posting under some phoney account just proves that I'm correct. He never really challenged anything I said. Harris knows that he can't lift the poundages quoted on his website. End of story.

I will gladly delete my account if he can post video evidence of these lifts. The fact that so many people believed (and still believe) this guy just shows how little the average Getbig poster knows about weight training. If his poundages are correct, Harris should be capable of 200 lb weighted dips and deadlifts with well over 600 lb. I've only seen a few guys who could honestly lift what he claims, and they were all extremely strong on the bench and deadlift. There is no way that someone with a 450 deadlift could do rows with nearly 4 plates a side. It's pure bullshit anyway you look at it.

Why not?
There's is no standard for deadlift.
I'm able to row 440, and do deadlift for 480 for reps,
but I do them (almost) stiflegged from a rack. 100% stifflegged is unhealthy with heavy weights.
I once pulled 320 kg from the floor, 704lbs,
but I don't like that, you're make it a leg excercise.

The only thing that's unbelievable, is dedicated training. These man made a living out of it. If you want to make progress, achieving the same thing is the most stupieds thing I ever heard, keep training,
one day you'll come close or at least make some progress over the years.

So please stop whining about unbelievable, and start training. 

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2006, 01:04:04 AM »
Come on Ron, post it up and save the rest of us having to read anymore hating sh*te from Brian!

And Sarcasm, you're still a knob!

Don't knock sarcasm, he impressed us with 105 pound shoulder presses but it seems he's been eclipsed by Ron Harris's 120 anyday, 130 on a good one which means of course he will be responding 1 of 3 ways:

1. Crawling back under his hole
2. Showing some respect
3. Selecting another gimmick account to recommence his attack

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=62412.msg939233#msg939233

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #162 on: April 06, 2006, 01:19:57 AM »
Why not?
There's is no standard for deadlift.
I'm able to row 440, and do deadlift for 480 for reps,
but I do them (almost) stiflegged from a rack. 100% stifflegged is unhealthy with heavy weights.
I once pulled 320 kg from the floor, 704lbs,
but I don't like that, you're make it a leg excercise.

The only thing that's unbelievable, is dedicated training. These man made a living out of it. If you want to make progress, achieving the same thing is the most stupieds thing I ever heard, keep training,
one day you'll come close or at least make some progress over the years.

So please stop whining about unbelievable, and start training. 

This just proves that I'm right. Harris only deadlifts around 330 for 10 reps, but can supposedly do an insane 8 reps with 365 on barbell rows.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
« Reply #163 on: April 06, 2006, 01:20:23 AM »
Don't knock sarcasm, he impressed us with 105 pound shoulder presses but it seems he's been eclipsed by Ron Harris's 120 anyday, 130 on a good one which means of course he will be responding 1 of 3 ways:

1. Crawling back under his hole
2. Showing some respect
3. Selecting another gimmick account to recommence his attack

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=62412.msg939233#msg939233

And let's not forget the hammer curls with the 85's! tho I'm sure he meant the 8.5's ;)
Team Efferding

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2006, 04:36:45 AM »
This just proves that I'm right. Harris only deadlifts around 330 for 10 reps, but can supposedly do an insane 8 reps with 365 on barbell rows.

Weak back?
Everyone has a weak point,
and the back is one not mess with.
Besides that, deadlift on a box? Deadlift without belt?
There a multiple reasons why he has a relative weak deadlift, the rest of the numbers are believable.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2006, 04:53:57 AM »

330 for 10? I'm sure Ron can lift more than that, unless he has a serious back injury.

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2006, 07:00:35 AM »

Sorry, all this proves is that you are obsessed with a claim no noe cares about about anymore. 200lb weighted dips, what are you talking about. Do believe that if I can bench 225 X 10 that my max should be, I don't know 350lb!. Give it a rest, let it go, can't we all just get a long? ;)
The Dude Abides

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2006, 07:30:40 AM »
Sarcasm, where are your pics and what have you done in this industry except post tons of negative shit here? What have you contributed to bodybuilding? Have you helped anyone gain size, strength, or lose fat?

And I could indeed behind-neck press 315 back around 1995-1999 when my rotator cuffs were healthy - I can still do overhead db presses with 120's any day and 130's on a good day. How much can you press? WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?

i'm not the one claiming to press 315 behind the neck, your claims are as much bullshit as Jack London's 1000 pound squat and 661 bench claims, so i say to you, let's see the pics of your 315 PBN, put up or shut up.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2006, 07:32:44 AM »
i'm not the one claiming to press 315 behind the neck, your claims are as much bullshit as Jack London's 1000 pound squat and 661 bench claims, so i say to you, let's see the pics of your 315 PBN, put up or shut up.

Jack has no reason to lie about those claims. You're obviously jealous that Jack is rich, famous and strong ::)

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2006, 07:54:19 AM »
Jack has no reason to lie about those claims. You're obviously jealous that Jack is rich, famous and strong ::)

He has plenty of reason to lie...he was a nobdoy in teh bodybuilding world until he saw the opportunity to make waves as PDI's first pro...as far as physique quaity goes he is still a nobody...but he was smart enough to get himself some attention...

now pple talking about you on a bodybuilding board hardly makes you "famous" hhahahaha ::)

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2006, 07:56:33 AM »
so i say to you, let's see the pics of your 315 PBN, put up or shut up.

LMFAO look who is demanding pix when hes scared to post pix of himself... well either scared someone is gonna wreck his face when the recognize him, or embarrased by his physique and know he wont be able to say shit anymore after the pic is posted.  I say... probably a little bit of both haha

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2006, 08:19:41 AM »
All you do is talk trash.  You have no credibility or pix or anything.  I travel for the company i work for, im sure il be in your area sometime. Why dont you show up and fight me.  Thats right you wont, your a pussy. Exactly... now say some smartass comment about how you cant waist ur time or whatever... tuck your tail and backpeddle bitch....

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2006, 08:22:55 AM »
Why did I post here? For one thing, I like to think that all of us that live the bodybuilding lifestyle, which may or not pertain to everyone that posts on bb message boards I know, have a lot in common. I think it's silly that members of one board hate members of another board. I have had bad experiences here, most notably a series of threads last year about how ugly my wife is (whatever), but I still like to think that most people here are good guys. I do post on Mayhem most of the time, but I like to read GetBig for the bb news Ron Avidan posts. Ron seems like a very decent guy who genuinely loves the sport, just like I do.

As for video proof of lifts, not gonna happen. It's a waste of time. I really don't care what anyone believes or doesn't believe I can lift. My 'claims' are just what I can lift, nothing more, nothing less, and it's ALL RELATIVE. Some of you can't lift what I can, and I am sure some of you can lift a LOT more than I can. As long as we are all training hard and improving, nothing else matters.

As for my BN press with 315, I haven't been able to do that in at least six or seven years. I wrecked my rotator cuffs doing that exercise heavy for several years, as I think most people would.

And one lift does not correlate to another. There are guys what can deadlift 900 pounds but can 'only' squat 700, and vice versa. I have never been good at full deads from the floor, possibly because I have short arms, I don't know. Dave Henry has never done them, neither has Will Harris or Melvin Anthonly, yet they all have really good backs. I can do rack deads from the knees up with 495 for 10 any day, and 585 for 5-6 on a good day. I can use 5-6 plates a side on any Hammer back machine for a few good reps. But I suck at deadlifts. Go figure. I used to train with an ex Army Ranger named Bill Lamphiere (he wrote a book about his experiences leading Contra troops in Nicaragua called "The Secret War). Bill trains up at Powerhouse Gym in Chatsworth, CA now, same gym as Stan McQuay. Stan knows him. Anyway, when we trained, he was about 5-7, 180 pounds, and already over 40 years old, and could pull 495 off the floor for five easy reps. I think he has done over 650 in PL competition. Squatted five or six plates too, with a pause at the bottom! But Bill sucked at the bench press, at least back then. I don't think he could even get a single with 315, using a wide grip and a big arch in his back. Why are most of us good on some lifts and not on others? I think it has a lot to do with your bone structure and the leverages they create, muscle lengths, and other factors someone like Charles Poliquin or Ian King could explain a lot better than I could.  

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2006, 08:28:06 AM »
Why did I post here? For one thing, I like to think that all of us that live the bodybuilding lifestyle, which may or not pertain to everyone that posts on bb message boards I know, have a lot in common. I think it's silly that members of one board hate members of another board. I have had bad experiences here, most notably a series of threads last year about how ugly my wife is (whatever), but I still like to think that most people here are good guys. I do post on Mayhem most of the time, but I like to read GetBig for the bb news Ron Avidan posts. Ron seems like a very decent guy who genuinely loves the sport, just like I do.

As for video proof of lifts, not gonna happen. It's a waste of time. I really don't care what anyone believes or doesn't believe I can lift. My 'claims' are just what I can lift, nothing more, nothing less, and it's ALL RELATIVE. Some of you can't lift what I can, and I am sure some of you can lift a LOT more than I can. As long as we are all training hard and improving, nothing else matters.

As for my BN press with 315, I haven't been able to do that in at least six or seven years. I wrecked my rotator cuffs doing that exercise heavy for several years, as I think most people would.

And one lift does not correlate to another. There are guys what can deadlift 900 pounds but can 'only' squat 700, and vice versa. I have never been good at full deads from the floor, possibly because I have short arms, I don't know. Dave Henry has never done them, neither has Will Harris or Melvin Anthonly, yet they all have really good backs. I can do rack deads from the knees up with 495 for 10 any day, and 585 for 5-6 on a good day. I can use 5-6 plates a side on any Hammer back machine for a few good reps. But I suck at deadlifts. Go figure. I used to train with an ex Army Ranger named Bill Lamphiere (he wrote a book about his experiences leading Contra troops in Nicaragua called "The Secret War). Bill trains up at Powerhouse Gym in Chatsworth, CA now, same gym as Stan McQuay. Stan knows him. Anyway, when we trained, he was about 5-7, 180 pounds, and already over 40 years old, and could pull 495 off the floor for five easy reps. I think he has done over 650 in PL competition. Squatted five or six plates too, with a pause at the bottom! But Bill sucked at the bench press, at least back then. I don't think he could even get a single with 315, using a wide grip and a big arch in his back. Why are most of us good on some lifts and not on others? I think it has a lot to do with your bone structure and the leverages they create, muscle lengths, and other factors someone like Charles Poliquin or Ian King could explain a lot better than I could.  
so basically you're lying your ass off, there is no way that you ever pressed even 250 behind the neck you just don't appear to have the size to do it, 315 is Mike Francois, Levrone, Coleman or Cormier type weight, i think that you get so caught up in being like the pros that you interview that you have somehow deluded yourself into believing that you're on their level.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2006, 08:42:47 AM »
This raises an extremely important philosophical question

Is it possible to live when sarcasm thinks you're a liar?

I couldn't imagine how hard it would be.  Deep breath, deep breath Ron Harris