Author Topic: Trey Gowdy under consideration to lead FBI  (Read 4028 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Trey Gowdy under consideration to lead FBI
« on: May 13, 2017, 10:28:45 PM »
If he chooses to take the job and get it Killary is done..lmao

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article150260372.html

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
Re: Trey Gowdy under consideration to lead FBI
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 11:02:30 PM »
approve of this.

best fucking timeline if it goes through.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 05:44:41 PM »
I don't know quite what to think of Gowdy. I loved him as he gets to the bottom of things/exposes a lot but then there is the argument of "all bark and no bite" as nothing comes of it.

I lean towards him being a fish in the pond in that he is a good guy but not powerful enough to make any changes, etc. as looking at our President even he can't get a lot of things done because of the blowback/obstruction, etc.

I like to think of him as being one of the good ones who can help get us back on track.

Then there are times where he is too polite and seems to be a part of the system. Rand Paul is one of the few going around backing the president on things that he should be (surveillance, etc.). Would like to see more of that from Gowdy as well as they need to match the liberals shrieking except with intelligence/intellect and exposing them constantly for the corrupted liars they are.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 05:48:45 PM »
Bah, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  Doom is amused.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 04:35:11 AM »
Seems to me a lot more bark than bite. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 02:10:40 PM »
Like Gowdy a lot, but it would be too polarizing.  I actually like Sen. Lee's suggestion of Judge Garland. 

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 09:30:59 PM »
Like Gowdy a lot, but it would be too polarizing.  I actually like Sen. Lee's suggestion of Judge Garland. 

Terrible for him.

Leaving a lifetime appointment for a job where he can be fired.

I don't think it's good for him. Good pick, bad position.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 04:41:39 PM »
Terrible for him.

Leaving a lifetime appointment for a job where he can be fired.

I don't think it's good for him. Good pick, bad position.

What you say makes sense because a lifetime appointment is better than a ten-year appointment where you can be fired at any time.

That said, keep in mind Garland is in his 60s, has been a federal judge for 20 years, and has earned a lifetime pension.  He doesn't really have anything to lose, because if he is fired before his ten years is up, he still gets his pension and can go work in the private sector for probably seven figures. 

BTW, Gowdy withdrew from consideration. 

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 05:28:46 PM »
trey is a douche that likes to hear himself talk. I'm so impressed. ::)

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 05:59:47 PM »
trey is a douche that likes to hear himself talk. I'm so impressed. ::)

Perfect fit for the liberal MSM.

Too hetero for CNN or MSNBC though.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 06:52:45 PM »
What you say makes sense because a lifetime appointment is better than a ten-year appointment where you can be fired at any time.

That said, keep in mind Garland is in his 60s, has been a federal judge for 20 years, and has earned a lifetime pension.  He doesn't really have anything to lose, because if he is fired before his ten years is up, he still gets his pension and can go work in the private sector for probably seven figures. 

BTW, Gowdy withdrew from consideration. 

This is true, I mean, maybe he doesn't care about the lifetime appointment. If not, then sure, go for it... It would hurt the Dems, but meh, at this point, you really should be looking out for yourself and not these ridiculous parties that do nothing but fuck up everything.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 07:36:07 PM »
This is true, I mean, maybe he doesn't care about the lifetime appointment. If not, then sure, go for it... It would hurt the Dems, but meh, at this point, you really should be looking out for yourself and not these ridiculous parties that do nothing but fuck up everything.

They sure do. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 07:46:06 PM »
Cornyn and Gowdy both took themselves out of consideration and seems like people are running away from this shit sandwich (not the job but the situation)

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 11:10:33 PM »
Cornyn and Gowdy both took themselves out of consideration and seems like people are running away from this shit sandwich (not the job but the situation)

Well.....Debbie Wasserman-Schultz is still available.

Hahahahaha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 03:59:51 PM »
 :o

Trump: Joe Lieberman Leading Choice for FBI Director

Image: Trump: Joe Lieberman Leading Choice for FBI Director
Former Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn. (AP Photo)
By Todd Beamon   |   Thursday, 18 May 2017

President Donald Trump indicated Thursday that onetime Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Lieberman is the favorite to become the next head of the FBI, after the shock dismissal of James Comey.

Asked whether the 75-year-old was a frontrunner, Trump responded "yes" -- confirming Lieberman's surprise candidacy.

Lieberman, a former independent senator from Connecticut, ran on a ticket with Democrat Al Gore in 2000, but they were defeated by George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

In 2008, Lieberman endorsed Republican John McCain.

The choice of a new FBI director will be closely scrutinized with the administration thrown into turmoil by a succession of stunning allegations against Trump, most damagingly that he may have obstructed justice by asking Comey to drop a probe into one of his top advisors.

Earlier version:

Former Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman is reportedly President Donald Trump's leading choice for FBI director, according to news reports Thursday.

Quoting "a senior administration official and two other sources," CNN reported Lieberman selection was "highly likely" and "this is close to being a done deal."

Trump told television anchors at a lunch Thursday he was close to making a selection.

"I'm very close to choosing an FBI director," he said.

Trump was not more specific.

Lieberman, 75, a Democrat who became an independent in 2006, met with the president Wednesday.

He apparently "bonded" with Trump, Politico reported, citing "a person familiar" with the meeting. The White House declined to comment.

Lieberman was Vice President Al Gore's running mate in 2000.

Trump interviewed as many as eight candidates since he fired James Comey last week.

Other candidates included acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, former Oklahoma Gov. Frank Keating, and former senior FBI official Richard McFeely.

Arizona Sen. John McCain, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, called on Trump on Thursday to name Lieberman to the post.

"I hope I don't nix his chances here, but I hope that the president would select Joe," McCain told MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

Lieberman was first elected to the Senate in 1988.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/FBI-director-Joe-Lieberman-candidate/2017/05/18/id/790990/

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 07:35:27 AM »
McCain endorsement=not good.

Trump seeming to shoot himself in the foot with some of his choices.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 07:45:57 AM »
:o

Trump: Joe Lieberman Leading Choice for FBI Director

Image: Trump: Joe Lieberman Leading Choice for FBI Director
Former Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn. (AP Photo)
By Todd Beamon   |   Thursday, 18 May 2017

President Donald Trump indicated Thursday that onetime Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Lieberman is the favorite to become the next head of the FBI, after the shock dismissal of James Comey.

Asked whether the 75-year-old was a frontrunner, Trump responded "yes" -- confirming Lieberman's surprise candidacy.

Lieberman, a former independent senator from Connecticut, ran on a ticket with Democrat Al Gore in 2000, but they were defeated by George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

In 2008, Lieberman endorsed Republican John McCain.

The choice of a new FBI director will be closely scrutinized with the administration thrown into turmoil by a succession of stunning allegations against Trump, most damagingly that he may have obstructed justice by asking Comey to drop a probe into one of his top advisors.

Earlier version:

Former Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman is reportedly President Donald Trump's leading choice for FBI director, according to news reports Thursday.

Quoting "a senior administration official and two other sources," CNN reported Lieberman selection was "highly likely" and "this is close to being a done deal."

Trump told television anchors at a lunch Thursday he was close to making a selection.

"I'm very close to choosing an FBI director," he said.

Trump was not more specific.

Lieberman, 75, a Democrat who became an independent in 2006, met with the president Wednesday.

He apparently "bonded" with Trump, Politico reported, citing "a person familiar" with the meeting. The White House declined to comment.

Lieberman was Vice President Al Gore's running mate in 2000.

Trump interviewed as many as eight candidates since he fired James Comey last week.

Other candidates included acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, former Oklahoma Gov. Frank Keating, and former senior FBI official Richard McFeely.

Arizona Sen. John McCain, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, called on Trump on Thursday to name Lieberman to the post.

"I hope I don't nix his chances here, but I hope that the president would select Joe," McCain told MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

Lieberman was first elected to the Senate in 1988.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/FBI-director-Joe-Lieberman-candidate/2017/05/18/id/790990/
McCain endorsement=not good.

Trump seeming to shoot himself in the foot with some of his choices.

He's on the board of the McCain Foundation.  :-X
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 07:47:38 AM »
He's on the board of the McCain Foundation.  :-X

Its a figurehead job anyway.  Loserman is a putz. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 09:01:38 AM »
Its a figurehead job anyway.  Loserman is a putz. 

Which job is the figurehead job?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 09:04:54 AM »
Which job is the figurehead job?

FBI Director  - its a figurehead job.   

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 09:05:20 AM »

Then why would Trump bother firing the last one?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 09:07:02 AM »
Then why would Trump bother firing the last one?

Because he is a petulant baby and consumed with petty grudges and can't let go of anything.   He is a clown and a con man.   I agree with almost all of his issues and things he wants to do, but as a person, he is a complete nutbag. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 09:07:36 AM »
Because he is a petulant baby and consumed with petty grudges and can't let go of anything.   He is a clown and a con man.   I agree with almost all of his issues and things he wants to do, but as a person, he is a complete nutbag. 

Now that's the truth.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 10:52:31 AM »

take a look at the definition of figurehead and explain how it matches the head of the FBI

BTW - Liberman would be a HORRIBLE choice not only because he has no LE experience but also because it would probably be very bad for morale at the FBI (unless of course Trump just wants even more leaks out of the FBI to torpedo his administration