Author Topic: Trump Administration a failure so far.  (Read 42947 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Trump Administration a failure so far.
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2017, 05:21:55 PM »
No offense, but who cares what the constitution says in regards to healthcare.

Let's not look to a 250 year old document to dictate healthcare. That's too much of a stretch.

That's not a good argument against healthcare being a right or privilege.

Yes.  That same wonderful, flawless document that deemed Negroes to be 3/5 of a human being.   

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2017, 05:37:08 PM »
Yes.  That same wonderful, flawless document that deemed Negroes to be 3/5 of a human being.   

It was amended. Show me where all those Obamacare enrolled are suddenly healthier and now working and contributing to society. Liberals always looking for a handout.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2017, 05:42:15 PM »
As a cancer survivor, I agree w guaranteeing care for pre-existing conditions. However, I am willing to work and pay a higher premium if needed. My beef is with the millions of able bodied Americans who leach off the system and others working back.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2017, 06:21:42 PM »
It was amended. Show me where all those Obamacare enrolled are suddenly healthier and now working and contributing to society. Liberals always looking for a handout.

So it could be amended again.  Thank you.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2017, 06:32:54 PM »

Are you saying that was too generous?

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2017, 06:52:19 PM »
So it could be amended again.  Thank you.

After seeing how efficient government institutes like social security, DMV, and even the post office do you really want to put all your eggs in the government running healthcare. Talk about a job killer; you would immediately put several million Americans out of work who work for insurers i.e. BCBS, Aetna, Humana, United Healthcare, etc.

Then, look at the unabated mess that the ACA website is and how difficult it is to navigate. Imagine the government putting their resources behind a third rate website and the average American trying to get healthcare. Also, TA and AbrahamG and SF1900, how are you going to pay for a single server healthcare for all Americans.

Will the 50 percent who pay all taxes just contribute that much more off their back to support the millions who contribute very little to none. Will their be a VAT tax beyond the usual state and federal income taxes. Just explain to me in simple terms how this would work? How do you justify essentially firing thousands if not millions of Americans by essentially making private insurance a non-entity. How would that even work without lawsuits and legal ramifications from the insurance industry? I always hear about one payor for all but the implementation logically does not appear to be so easy to accomplish.

Please enlighten this low life uneducated Cretan capitalist. I am very willing to be educated further on the manner by the progressive elite of Getbig.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2017, 06:55:17 PM »
Tell that to the physician who faces litigation at every corner and is already constrained by the insurance companies. I'll be all for a single pay or system if all able bodied Americans contributed to the system,  they tax the hell out of life threatening habits like cigarettes, and lawyers go take a hike. Unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime in our lives. The Democrats are takers only. Entitled and lazy bastards who expect everyone else to care for them.

These things are all extremely likely in a single payer healthcare scenario I believe.

I think lawsuits against cigarette manufacturers should be automatically denied if you are my age or younger. In my life smoking has always been "bad" for you and no one my age or younger has been fooled into smoking not knowing the risks.

So perhaps if you're 50 or so, you can sue, but any younger and forget it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2017, 07:03:29 PM »
After seeing how efficient government institutes like social security, DMV, and even the post office do you really want to put all your eggs in the government running healthcare. Talk about a job killer; you would immediately put several million Americans out of work who work for insurers i.e. BCBS, Aetna, Humana, United Healthcare, etc.

Then, look at the unabated mess that the ACA website is and how difficult it is to navigate. Imagine the government putting their resources behind a third rate website and the average American trying to get healthcare. Also, TA and AbrahamG and SF1900, how are you going to pay for a single server healthcare for all Americans.

Will the 50 percent who pay all taxes just contribute that much more off their back to support the millions who contribute very little to none. Will their be a VAT tax beyond the usual state and federal income taxes. Just explain to me in simple terms how this would work? How do you justify essentially firing thousands if not millions of Americans by essentially making private insurance a non-entity. How would that even work without lawsuits and legal ramifications from the insurance industry? I always hear about one payor for all but the implementation logically does not appear to be so easy to accomplish.

Please enlighten this low life uneducated Cretan capitalist. I am very willing to be educated further on the manner by the progressive elite of Getbig.

I never said I had the answer. I just said that we should not look toward a 250 year old document to dictate healthcare. We need to look toward good evidence in order to dictate our plan of action.

Again, I don't have the answer--I just want peoples opinions to be grounded in good evidence, whatever that may be. Thus, saying, "Healthcare is not a right because its not in our constitution" is not a good argument. Your other arguments were much better.
X

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2017, 07:13:33 PM »

This may be true, but they would shift to the same positions under the single payer government group perhaps? Then we can argue about the government having more people in it.

The ACA (Obamacare) gave the insurers more people and in reality was a big cause of job creation in that sector to handle the extra people.

Now, I would have to focus on this as a project personally, but I am sure we could come up with a good solution that does save money and lower costs and provide the same care, if I and perhaps others, maybe such as yourself truly focused a little to really have the perfect plan.

Now, I do agree that a lot of government institutions are pretty sad, but the Post Office is not one of them.

If you were to give me back my SS money and let me invest it, or not require drivers licenses or registrations or any of the other crap, I'd be ecstatic.

We both know that will never happen. :/

Just to be clear though, the government waste is across the board and if we are going to stop some of these, that's fine, but let's also cut back on our defense budget which is way overblown.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2017, 07:18:13 PM »

Social security does work.  It is presently funded for at least 25 more years.  Raise the taxation cap just a little and you fund it for a hundred.  We have secretary of state in Michigan, not dmv.  Honestly, they have their shit together here.  No complaints.  Make appointments online and since I've started using it, if my appointment is say 9am, I am back in my car by 9:05.  Not exaggerating at all.  While I'd be sorry for rank and file pencil pushers for these companies that lose their jobs, they aren't paid well as all the dough goes to the corporation.  I'm sure making everything government run would create just as many and probably more jobs than were lost and those people would be compensated much better.

My best friend (functioning retard by the way.  not really, but technically illiterate.  hard life to be sure.) He was able to navigate the website with the help of his wife and to be honest, the ACA may have saved his life.  If not saved his life, got him healthy enough to keep working and paying taxes and contributing to America.  Long story short, he was able to get a colonoscopy which paved the way to his being with us still.

Not sure what the tax percentage increase would be, but it should be progressive in nature.  We use my wifes insurance as it is better than what my work provides.  It still takes $194 out of her bi-weekly paychecks.  I would bet both testicles that if I could opt in to medicare for all that we would not pay an extra $194 in taxes every two weeks.

Don't be so hard on yourself.  Also, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back about how hard you work and what you contribute.  Like most of us, I'll bet circumstance, race and luck play a part in the quality of your life.  Also, don't assume that people who get govt assistance are largely pieces of shit.  They are not.  Most of the assistance govt "hands out" goes to people who are working but get paid shit with little or no benefits.  Why don't you cry about huge corporations like Wal Mart and McDonalds and the huge percentage of their employees who get govt help?  If they paid accordingly, millions of people wouldn't be getting govt assistance.  Oh, and before you go on about what fast food will cost, let me be the first to say too fucking bad.  Their should not be a dollar menu in the 21st century.  Nor should their be dollar stores.  It is cheaper to feed my family at McDonald's today than it was for my parents to feed us 20-25 years ago.  That is just backwards and shows a lack of progress.  Thanks trickle down.  Any more questions?

In case you haven't figured it out yet, my responses are in red.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2017, 07:21:51 PM »
I'd give Trump's first 115 days a 10 outta 10.  Comedy gold.  Daily.  Entertaining as fuck.  

It is literally comedy gold.  Ratings of late-night talk shows are off the charts, because their entire monologues are about Trump, and viewers appear to enjoy it.  Trevor Noah can thank Trump for saving his job, because his Daily Show ratings were brutal, and after Trump got elected and he started doing Trump monologues like the others, his ratings have rose considerably and saved his job.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2017, 07:29:11 PM »
Holy crap, epic meltdown about politics lol. Geez, getting so angry about TAs position lol

;D ;D
Been quiet the last couple of weeks watching everything unfold..
What a mess..
 ;D ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2017, 07:29:42 PM »
A failure that's getting more spectacular by the day.

Shouldn't be long now ...

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2017, 07:30:58 PM »
In case you haven't figured it out yet, my responses are in red.

Try the DMV in Florida...ie Miami. That is will change your mind about efficiency. As for SS, let's see if it is solvent when you hit 65. It is on life support to such a degree that there have been overtures to privatize it in the past. If it were so solvent, why would that happen? It is definitely not solvent for 25 years  ::) ::) ::)

https://www.thestreet.com/story/12846326/1/social-security-disability-fund-on-life-support-in-2-years.html

As far as your admittedly retarded friend, I should have emphasized able bodied and not mentally compromised. I agree totally that those who are disabled or impaired should have access to benefits 100%. That is a duty of the citizens of America. I am not down supporting dirtbags who are 20 and able bodied and don't get a job.

As far as paying for a single payor system, a progressive tax is nice if all individuals contribute even a sliver. In my opinion, if you don't have skin in the game you won't take the insurance seriously. It is easy to gamble with house money, which is essentially what is occurring with the ACA. Even then, many insurers are leaving the exchanges ie Aetna, and deductibles are rising.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2017, 07:40:42 PM »
I still am holding out hopes for saving US manufacturing, Closed Borders and the end of Bad Trade Deals.

Healthcare will be a complete disaster if he signs it into law as is.  Other than that, nothing really has been accomplished thus far.

Trump is still a much better choice than Hillary.  The main benefit is getting away from political correctness and victim mentality, although I am seeing alot of that "Victimhood" from the right.  They are still worthless on abortion, healthcare and Science and I am not sure if they will ever come to reason in those areas.  Anyways, hoping for the best!

I know you drank the Trump Kool-Aid during the election but do you really think he is going to save US manufacturing or "fix" the so called bad trade deals.

In the short time he's been in office he's not only publicly admitted the job is much harder than he thought it would be but he's demonstrated that he is virtually clueless and how to get anything done and doesn't seem to be that interested in learning how to do the job or even get competent advisors to help him.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2017, 07:45:34 PM »
Try the DMV in Florida...ie Miami. That is will change your mind about efficiency. As for SS, let's see if it is solvent when you hit 65. It is on life support to such a degree that there have been overtures to privatize it in the past. If it were so solvent, why would that happen? It is definitely not solvent for 25 years  ::) ::) ::)

https://www.thestreet.com/story/12846326/1/social-security-disability-fund-on-life-support-in-2-years.html

As far as your admittedly retarded friend, I should have emphasized able bodied and not mentally compromised. I agree totally that those who are disabled or impaired should have access to benefits 100%. That is a duty of the citizens of America. I am not down supporting dirtbags who are 20 and able bodied and don't get a job.

As far as paying for a single payor system, a progressive tax is nice if all individuals contribute even a sliver. In my opinion, if you don't have skin in the game you won't take the insurance seriously. It is easy to gamble with house money, which is essentially what is occurring with the ACA. Even then, many insurers are leaving the exchanges ie Aetna, and deductibles are rising.

Like I said previously, social security is just fine.  My friend is functionally illiterate to be technical.  I agree, 20 year olds should be working or at the very least, trying to work.  We agree here.  I have no problem with the skin in the game thing and agree that everyone should pay in.  Except for those that are paid so poorly that they are below the poverty line.  Corporations need to have a soul and regain a sense of community as they once did.  Yes, they need to make money, but they don't need to horde it all at the top.  CEO's making 300 times what their average employees make is obscene at best.  Pre-Reagan it was 10-20 times.  And those people still did fine.  

Skeeter

« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2017, 07:50:04 PM »
It is literally comedy gold.  Rating of late-night talk shows are off the charts, because their entire monologues are about Trump, and viewers appear to enjoy it.  Trevor Noah can thank Trump for saving his job, because his Daily Show ratings were brutal, and after Trump got elected and he started doing Trump monologues like the others, his rating have rose considerably and saved his job.

Definitely entertaining. I know mocking Trump is picking low hanging fruit, but who could resist.  ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2017, 01:13:44 AM »
Tu show me in the constitution where healthcare is a right. It is a privilege.

Show us where education is a right. We still pay for schools whether we use them or not.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2017, 02:21:57 AM »
It is literally comedy gold.  Rating of late-night talk shows are off the charts, because their entire monologues are about Trump, and viewers appear to enjoy it.  Trevor Noah can thank Trump for saving his job, because his Daily Show ratings were brutal, and after Trump got elected and he started doing Trump monologues like the others, his rating have rose considerably and saved his job.

The liberal media must have a love-hate relationship with him. They hate him as a leader but must be grateful for him at the same time. Once he's gone, their ratings will drop and they'll again slip back into irrelevance.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2017, 06:22:03 AM »
Tu show me in the constitution where healthcare is a right. It is a privilege.

It's not a privilege.  It's a service.  You pay for it.

Inequity arises when people don't pay their fair share and the rest of us have to foot the bill.  This happens under government programs as well as insurer run care.

Therefore, I modestly propose that people put aside money for their medical expenses and simply pay for the quackery they receive.  Naturally, they are free not to do so if they are of the live fast/die young school.  What could be fairer?  You pay for what you get.

Who doesn't?  The elderly, in particular, are detriments to the bottom line.  They are endlessly plagued with one affliction or another.  Always at the doctor's.  Are they paying their fair share?  The physically and/or mentally unsound, although fewer in number than the decrepit, present a dire strain to any system which foolishly volunteers to fund them.  Having never been able to work, they leach.  And since they're not feebly knocking upon St Peter's door, it's likely they'll continue to enjoy free lunches for many years.

Another class of these panhandling freeloaders are children.  Granted, the more industrious are mowing lawns etc, but the majority have eaten and video gamed themselves into obesity and diabeetus. Infants are notorious deadbeats who spend most of their lives lying around and having their every desire attended posthaste.  And then we wonder where a sense of entitlement comes from.

But I digress.  Either someone can afford a service or he can't.  Who's with me?

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2017, 08:27:20 AM »
It's not a privilege.  It's a service.  You pay for it.

Inequity arises when people don't pay their fair share and the rest of us have to foot the bill.  This happens under government programs as well as insurer run care.

Therefore, I modestly propose that people put aside money for their medical expenses and simply pay for the quackery they receive.  Naturally, they are free not to do so if they are of the live fast/die young school.  What could be fairer?  You pay for what you get.

Who doesn't?  The elderly, in particular, are detriments to the bottom line.  They are endlessly plagued with one affliction or another.  Always at the doctor's.  Are they paying their fair share?  The physically and/or mentally unsound, although fewer in number than the decrepit, present a dire strain to any system which foolishly volunteers to fund them.  Having never been able to work, they leach.  And since they're not feebly knocking upon St Peter's door, it's likely they'll continue to enjoy free lunches for many years.

Another class of these panhandling freeloaders are children.  Granted, the more industrious are mowing lawns etc, but the majority have eaten and video gamed themselves into obesity and diabeetus. Infants are notorious deadbeats who spend most of their lives lying around and having their every desire attended posthaste.  And then we wonder where a sense of entitlement comes from.

But I digress.  Either someone can afford a service or he can't.  Who's with me?

You miss my point. I do not believe in socialized medicine. I believe you pay for your healthcare. It is not a right. If you have the ability to pay you have the privilege of getting good care.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2017, 08:37:37 AM »

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/single-payer-faq

This link addresses everything and is from Physicians.  Here is what the link addresses:
Single-Payer FAQ

To view a two-page handout covering frequently asked questions about single-payer national health insurance, click here.

What is single payer?

Is national health insurance ‘socialized medicine’?

Won't single payer bankrupt the U.S.?

What about the proposal to lower the eligibility age for Medicare to 55?

Won’t this result in rationing like in Canada?

Who will run the health care system?

What about medical research?

Won’t this just be another bureaucracy?

How will we keep costs down if everyone has access to comprehensive health care?

Will bundled payments and "paying for value" in health care reduce costs?

How will we keep doctors from doing too many procedures?

What will happen to physician incomes?

Under single payer, won't physician incomes go down?

How will we keep drug prices under control?

Why shouldn’t we let people buy better health care if they can afford it?

What will be covered?

What about alternative care, will it be covered?

Can a business keep private insurance if they choose?

What will happen to all of the people who work for insurance companies?

How will we contain costs with the population aging?

What about ERISA? Doesn’t it stand in the way of states implementing universal health care plans?

How will the Health Planning Board operate?

Since we could finance a fairly good system, like the Norwegian, Danish or Swedish system, with the public money we are already spending (60% of health costs), why do we need to raise the additional 40% (from employers and individuals)?

How much of the health care dollar is publicly financed?

Why not MSAs/HSAs?

Why not use tax subsidies to help the uninsured buy health insurance?

What is PNHP’s response to libertarian proposals for health savings accounts and deregulated insurance plans?

Won’t competition be impeded by a universal health care system?

Why not make people who are higher risk pay higher premiums?

Won’t this raise my taxes?

Isn’t a payroll tax unfair to small businesses?

Walter Reed Army Medical Center has been in the news lately for poor care and treatment of returning soldiers from Iraq. Won’t national health insurance have similar problems?

What about incremental reform of the health system?

What happens to investor-owned hospitals under national health insurance (NHI)?

What proportion of health spending is for undocumented immigrants?

The insurance industry says that PNHP’s figures on administrative costs are outdated. Is this true?

How much could the states save on administrative waste by adopting a statewide single-payer program?

What will happen to malpractice costs under national health insurance?

Should PNHP support a public Medicare-like option in a market of private plans?

Would a “public plan option” at least be a step in the right direction?

Universal healthcare is okay for a small country or organization like Switzerland, Canada, or the Veterans Administration, but it wouldn’t work when scaled up to meet the needs of a large country like the US.

Responses to recent attacks on single payer health reform: Ideology Masquerading as Scholarship

When Canada adopted single payer, did she allow labor unions to opt-out and “keep what they have.”

What does PNHP have to say about the primary care workforce shortage?

What is a Voucher Plan? What’s Wrong With It?

What about the claim (in videos circulating on the internet) that a patient in Canada would have died of a brain tumor if he hadn’t come to the U.S. for an MRI?

How much do private insurance companies spend on overhead and profit?

Doesn't the threat of filibuster prevent fundamental reform?

Will the Obama health plan cover all young adults?

The number of uninsured Americans now exceeds 50.7 million people according to the Census Bureau. Won't the Obama health plan cover them?

What about report cards on physicians? Won't they reduce costs and improve quality?

Why are health care costs rising and how can single payer "bend the cost curve"?

What is PNHP view of ACO's?

What is PNHP's perspective on the Medicare crisis?

What is driving an epidemic of adverse reactions to medications in the U.S.? What impact could a single payer system have on this epidemic?

What about pushing to make health care a "human right"? Is that a good strategy?

US infant mortality is not high compared to other countries. It just appears that way because of the way we classify life births

Can the ACA exchanges serve as a stepping stone to single-payer reform?

Why is important to prohibit hospitals and health systems from retaining an operating surplus?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2017, 08:41:01 AM »
You miss my point. I do not believe in socialized medicine. I believe you pay for your healthcare. It is not a right. If you have the ability to pay you have the privilege of getting good care.
What about people in rural areas where wages may not be high enough to afford Healthcare dictated by an Insurance Company? 

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2017, 08:44:11 AM »
Like I said previously, social security is just fine.  My friend is functionally illiterate to be technical.  I agree, 20 year olds should be working or at the very least, trying to work.  We agree here.  I have no problem with the skin in the game thing and agree that everyone should pay in.  Except for those that are paid so poorly that they are below the poverty line.  Corporations need to have a soul and regain a sense of community as they once did.  Yes, they need to make money, but they don't need to horde it all at the top.  CEO's making 300 times what their average employees make is obscene at best.  Pre-Reagan it was 10-20 times.  And those people still did fine.  

Abraham, show me an article from an independent non left leaning website that states that social security if fine. I can cite hundreds of articles from business minded websites that are apolitical in a sense that show that it is definitely not fine. I think even more concerning than SS is the disability trust fund from the government which is on its last legs.

The only way to keep SS solvent is either to increase the workforce...dramatically down overall in the Obama years....or increase taxes. Neither is appetizing or likely.