Author Topic: DOJ Appoints Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump Campaign’s Russia Ties  (Read 3547 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Maybe he will uncover the shocking truth behind those "seedy ties to Russia"?   :o

DOJ Appoints Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump Campaign’s Russia Ties
The decision is not a “finding that crimes have been committed,” Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein stressed.
By Ryan J. Reilly ,  Lydia O’Connor

WASHINGTON ― Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller to serve as special prosecutor overseeing the investigation into Russian influence in the 2016 presidential election.

In a statement, Rosenstein stressed that his decision “is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted.” But he said he’d determined “based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command.”

In an order dated May 17, Rosenstein wrote Mueller, as special counsel, will conduct an investigation into “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,” along with “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

The White House reportedly found out about the appointment with less than an hour’s notice.

JONATHAN ERNST / REUTERS
Robert Mueller led the FBI for 12 years.

Under law, Mueller will have all the authority of a U.S. attorney to conduct his investigation. He will also be able to choose members of his team and request a budget from the Justice Department.

If he chooses, Mueller could keep the FBI agents currently working on the Russia investigation. It’s not clear where Mueller will be working from, but the Justice Department said Mueller would be stepping down from his job at the law firm WilmerHale.

Rosenstein said it was necessary to appoint Mueller so the American people will have “full confidence” in the outcome of the investigation.

“Our nation is grounded on the rule of law, and the public must be assured that the government officials administer the law fairly,” Rosenstein said. “Special Counsel Mueller will have all the appropriate resources to conduct a thorough and complete investigation, and I am confident that he will follow the facts, apply the law, and reach a just result.”

Democrats had pushed hard for a special counsel appointment after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey last week.

On Tuesday evening, a bombshell New York Times report said Trump had asked Comey, who had been leading the probe into Russia’s possible influence in the election, to end the FBI’s investigation of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. In February, Flynn was forced to resign from his post, after it was revealed he had discussed sanctions against Russia with the country’s ambassador to the U.S. prior to Trump’s inauguration.

The previous evening, The Washington Post published reports that Trump had disclosed “highly classified information” during a meeting with Russian officials, sparking swift criticism from both sides of the aisle.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself in March from Russia matters after he failed to disclose during his confirmation hearing he had met with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/doj-special-counsel-russia-trump_us_591cbfa2e4b03b485cae5465?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
Looks like all the "fake news" has paid off...

Three straight days of very bad news for the White House.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Very good coordinated campaign by Democrats and their advocates the MSM.  These people are going to keep crying and creating news stories and wind up getting crushed in 2018 and 2020.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Very good coordinated campaign by Democrats and their advocates the MSM.  These people are going to keep crying and creating news stories and wind up getting crushed in 2018 and 2020.

In all honest, this just makes you seem like a total, fucking loser.  You're better than this.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Very good coordinated campaign by Democrats and their advocates the MSM.  These people are going to keep crying and creating news stories and wind up getting crushed in 2018 and 2020.

don't forget that there were Republicans that wanted this too (you know, the handfull who actually put their loyatly to their country and the Constitution above their loyalty to the party.)

Also very much laughing at Repubs who caution against rushing to judgement.  I don't recall them saying that about Hillary and her email or Benghazi

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
In all honest, this just makes you seem like a total, fucking loser.  You're better than this.

Actually you are describing all of the people suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Never in my life have I seen anything like this.  The amount of BS Democrats and the MSM are peddling is staggering.  Outright dishonesty.  Wacky conspiracy theories.  Fascism.  Concerted effort to destroy Trump.   

This crap didn't work during the election.  It's not going to work now, in 2018, or in 2020.  Democrats are really losing the American voter.  Their only saving grace is that Republicans in DC suck.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Actually you are describing all of the people suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Never in my life have I seen anything like this.  The amount of BS Democrats and the MSM are peddling is staggering.  Outright dishonesty.  Wacky conspiracy theories.  Fascism.  Concerted effort to destroy Trump.   

This crap didn't work during the election.  It's not going to work now, in 2018, or in 2020.  Democrats are really losing the American voter.  Their only saving grace is that Republicans in DC suck.     

This is fucking hilarious given the last 8 years on this board with every bullshit CT about Obama and Hillary

Meanwhile we have both Republican and Demicrats who want this investigation into Trump and his ties to Russia and The BLOATUS himself doing everything he can to make himself look bad on this issue.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
Hypocrites. 

While you're on here, do you think you can do something about the back and forth name calling on other threads?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
While you're on here, do you think you can do something about the back and forth name calling on other threads?

Which thread?

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
Which thread?

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister « 1 2 3 »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
While they're investigating trump maybe they should investigate Obama as well...

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
While they're investigating trump maybe they should investigate Obama as well...

Wow that's some compelling evidence, you're way more clever than Federal Investigators...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Wow that's some compelling evidence, you're way more clever than Federal Investigators...

It's more evidence than what have on Trump which is nothing.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
It's more evidence than what have on Trump which is nothing.

Click your shiny red heels together and repeat 3 times.  There's nothing on Trump, there's nothing on Trump, there's nothing on Trump.

Let me know how this works out, Dorothy.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Click your shiny red heels together and repeat 3 times.  There's nothing on Trump, there's nothing on Trump, there's nothing on Trump.

Let me know how this works out, Dorothy.

Well, shit then....where is it?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Why were Russians in the Oval Office?

That's a real issue.

That is never done. It shouldn't be done.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Lol the repubs hypocrisy is stunning...

Lock her up lock her up emails emails emails!!!!

Now they're like "So what his NSA had ties to Russia and lied. So what he won't release his taxes that has only a few mentions of Russia, so what Russians were in the white House and American news couldn't be there. So what he fired the guy invedtegating ties to Russia... none of that shit matters, Witch hunt!!!

Had this been Obama with the exact same actions.... repubs would be ready to take up arms.

Grow a pair and find your moral compass, you pieces of shit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Now they're like "So what his NSA had ties to Russia and lied. So what he won't release his taxes that has only a few mentions of Russia, so what Russians were in the white House and American news couldn't be there. So what he fired the guy invedtegating ties to Russia... none of that shit matters, Witch hunt!!!

Had this been Obama with the exact same actions.... repubs would be ready to take up arms.

Same as you ignoring everything the failed corrupt obama admn did remember you piece of shit? 

you are as bad or worse than those you now point the finger at - Fat boy. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Do you believe that Trump conspired with the Russian government to win the presidential election and become a Russian puppet? 

Fuzzy Nuts

Same as you ignoring everything the failed corrupt obama admn did remember you piece of shit? 

you are as bad or worse than those you now point the finger at - Fat boy. 
Krispy Kreme, let it go. Obamas not president anymore, unfortunately.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Well, shit then....where is it?

Next to Hillary's conviction on Bengzahahahahai and Emailgate. 

You'll get to those after you settle up on the birther issue right you dumb ass.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

You are not self conscious. At all.

How a crying hypocrit can be a Mod is beyond me.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

+10