Author Topic: An Elephant Falls on an Elephant Hunter ...  (Read 1141 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
An Elephant Falls on an Elephant Hunter ...
« on: May 22, 2017, 05:13:09 PM »
I don't have the complete story here but that's not the point of this post.

This post is about something else which I'll disclose at the very end ... which should only be a few 'dozen' sentences below this one.

Today an elephant hunter died in Africa. His job consisted of gathering big game hunters and then go into the wilds and kill big animals.

But this time he or someone in his big game party shot an elephant which died and fell on top of him. (I don't now which occurred first ... the death or the fall. Forensics not detailed.)

Needless to say, "He died along with the elephant who was possibly pregnant or not!" (I did say above someplace that i did not have all the facts!)

Here's the important part I want to make.....

I was happy! But  I felt bad the I was happy!

And I noticed tha there are other GetBiggers who felt likewise when that young girl 'deaded' herself after shooting her dog to death.

So I thought that there must be a name for  that feeling.

And there definitely is ..... It's  called "Schadenfreude!

Schadenfreude is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others. This word is taken from German and literally means "harm-joy". It is the feeling of joy or pleasure when one sees another fail or suffer misfortune. It is also borrowed by some other languages.

We see a lot of Schadenfreude-ism on this board even when animals are  not involved ....  meaning .... for the human kind who lift heavy things.

I guess we are all 'Schadenfreude-atics' someway or another .... even if we don't want to be ... but enjoy it none the less.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
Re: An Elephant Falls on an Elephant Hunter ...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 06:34:19 PM »

Fuck Flat Stanley

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
Re: An Elephant Falls on an Elephant Hunter ...
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 06:21:53 AM »
yes im glad the sob got killed by the elephant. thats not hunting. they drive out get out of their jeeps take aim and fire. . but they act  like they are so brave etc. no one hunts anymore. they have amazing tools to help them kill their prey. they bait them first then hide in huts up high and wait for them to come to them then shoot them. wow! or even using a bow is so easy now its not even funny. but modern hunters think they are all daniel boone and stuff. people have no respect for animals anymore . they torture them kill them, abuse them and think its funny. sad thing is alot of you on here will think its ok to do that and will post with your tiny mind opinion cuz you dont know any better. our society has made people idiots.. want to be a real hunter go out with an old kentucky rifle and see how good you are. or an old long bow.