Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman - 2004 British GP  (Read 9243 times)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Ronnie Coleman - 2004 British GP
« on: May 23, 2017, 02:17:21 AM »
Midsection surprisingly tight given the timeframe.

Strongmanfan

• Getbig III
Re: Ronnie 2004 British GP
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 05:57:57 AM »
Damn son. Sergio Oliva proportions!!!  Only much bigger!

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 06:28:24 AM »
I think that may well be the biggest in shape BB ever. May like the RC 1998/1999 proportions or DY 1993, but nobody was every as muscular on stage. Even ND can't doubt that.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 01:52:59 PM »
Nice pics. Are new.to me. Ronnie.wss the KING
O

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 03:42:52 PM »
Nice pics. Are new.to me. Ronnie.wss the KING

Ronnie 2004 was crazy during the grand prixs. Then Ronnie 2005 was lighter weight but better lines. I think Ronnie deserved winning in 2006 as well. Jay wasn't that good.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 04:25:20 PM »
Ronnie 2004 was crazy during the grand prixs. Then Ronnie 2005 was lighter weight but better lines. I think Ronnie deserved winning in 2006 as well. Jay wasn't that good.

You are spot on about 06.  I would have had Jay no higher than 4th.  If Ronnie didn't win, I would have given it to Victor or Dexter.  I had it:
Ronnie
Vic
Dex
Probably had Jay here in 4th.

The only years I was really impressed with Jay were 01 (which I still don't think he should have won) and 09 (which I'm fine with him winning).  Branch being 2nd in
09 is a monumental travesty.  Dexter looked great and should have been 2nd.  Dex should have had more direct comparisons to Jay.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 07:36:35 PM »
Jay '09 was a nice comeback after a couple years of shittiness, but by then his back had that splotchy weird look to it, like he couldn't get truly shredded from behind.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 06:28:13 AM »
i know you all are gonna start getting upset. but really how in the hell did ronnie win anything? he was massive. huge. freaky. yes. but NOT what a bodybuilder is supposed to look  like. a bodybuilder is supposed to be big. in proportion. have symmetry and look and be  athletic. and ideal male. look at the 70s and even the 80s. thats bodybuilding. today its all about being big. freaky big. thats it. i understand im from a different era . but why the tiny trunks? who cares if your ass is shredded?  . big is fine. freaky is fine. but be in proportion and be able to still function. 70s and 80s they still played sports swam. rode bikes. ran. etc. their bodies didnt "fail".until they reached old age. and the guts? waayyyy out of control nowdays. ronnie was better in his younger days. just my opinion

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 08:46:02 PM »
i know you all are gonna start getting upset. but really how in the hell did ronnie win anything? he was massive. huge. freaky. yes. but NOT what a bodybuilder is supposed to look  like. a bodybuilder is supposed to be big. in proportion. have symmetry and look and be  athletic. and ideal male. look at the 70s and even the 80s. thats bodybuilding. today its all about being big. freaky big. thats it. i understand im from a different era . but why the tiny trunks? who cares if your ass is shredded?  . big is fine. freaky is fine. but be in proportion and be able to still function. 70s and 80s they still played sports swam. rode bikes. ran. etc. their bodies didnt "fail".until they reached old age. and the guts? waayyyy out of control nowdays. ronnie was better in his younger days. just my opinion

Adjust your prescription.  Ronnie combined the symmetry of Ken Wheeler with the mass of Dorian Yates.  Hence, the GOAT.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »
His weight was 309lbs if I'm not mistaken? And yes, for that weight had a tight mid section and shape. Insane!!! And people stop comparing 80's BB's with Ronnie. Their average weight was 180lbs, to 200 lbs. lol ::)Will never see another Ronnie again!

Strongmanfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 09:40:25 PM »
His weight was 309lbs if I'm not mistaken? And yes, for that weight had a tight mid section and shape. Insane!!! And people stop comparing 80's BB's with Ronnie. Their average weight was 180lbs, to 200 lbs. lol ::)Will never see another Ronnie again!

Ronnie's weight was 303.  Hulkster e-mailed him about him.

Correct on the point about the comparisons to Ironage bodybuilder's.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 04:14:09 AM »
my point. so far everyone just said how big he was how much he weighed etc. shape? symmetry? doesnt have it. big gut  no chest ( upper anyways) high lats. no calves .he was freaky big but then again so was greg kovacs. actually early in gregs career he looked great at a few shows. but then the size at all cost got him . ronnie looked good in his younger years.older years olympia worthy? lol no way.  but you younger guys dont get it. its not about being the biggest. its about everything looking good together. ferrigno was bigger than arnold but not even close in looking good. but judges nowdays goes for what the fans want NOT what looks right. to bad.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 09:25:42 AM »
my point. so far everyone just said how big he was how much he weighed etc. shape? symmetry? doesnt have it. big gut  no chest ( upper anyways) high lats. no calves .he was freaky big but then again so was greg kovacs. actually early in gregs career he looked great at a few shows. but then the size at all cost got him . ronnie looked good in his younger years.older years olympia worthy? lol no way.  but you younger guys dont get it. its not about being the biggest. its about everything looking good together. ferrigno was bigger than arnold but not even close in looking good. but judges nowdays goes for what the fans want NOT what looks right. to bad.

Bizarre post.

Running Wild

• Getbig II
  • Running Blood
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 12:34:22 PM »
Also looked massive at the Russian leg of the GP shows... he was waterlogged during the finals at the Olympia that year

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »
my point. so far everyone just said how big he was how much he weighed etc. shape? symmetry? doesnt have it. big gut  no chest ( upper anyways) high lats. no calves .he was freaky big but then again so was greg kovacs. actually early in gregs career he looked great at a few shows. but then the size at all cost got him . ronnie looked good in his younger years.older years olympia worthy? lol no way.  but you younger guys dont get it. its not about being the biggest. its about everything looking good together. ferrigno was bigger than arnold but not even close in looking good. but judges nowdays goes for what the fans want NOT what looks right. to bad.

We all started training to get bigger, no one stated training to get  an aesthetic physique... When it comes to Ronnie or yates in there prime, they jump out and everyone else is instantly a runner up, if you cant see this you have problems....

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 02:15:04 PM »
We all started training to get bigger, no one stated training to get  an aesthetic physique... When it comes to Ronnie or yates in there prime, they jump out and everyone else is instantly a runner up, if you cant see this you have problems....

Agree 100%. I also think some of these guys miss the fact that there is more than one faction of bodybuilding, and it isn't just about genetically wide shoulders and "genetically" tiny waists, plus the nitpicking over miniscule bullshit like a guy has one leg a quarter cm bigger/smaller than the other  ::)
"

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 02:16:38 PM »

I did, I always strived for balance...

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 02:30:17 PM »

Your an awkward kunt tho aren't you... I dint like the Zane types, I wanted to have a build like jon pol or Gary Taylor etc

A pic of Zane type bodybuilders wouldn't have inspired me at all, although I do appreciate them as I got deep into the death cult

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 02:47:09 PM »
In 2004 bodybuilding was the muscle.

The muscle was Ronnie Coleman.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 02:53:47 PM »
Hard to believe he's 53 already and Yates is 55. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 02:58:30 PM »

People always seem to strive for what their genetics allow... it's not like someone like Zane could have looked like Ferrigno or Arnold even if he tried, so he came up with BS about training for balance... when Zane's balance was a result of his genetics more than anything else.

Some bodies are just ugly, whether they are big or small, so size is at least something you can affect to a certain degree. Having size as a criterion makes bb slightly more of a sport instead of just a display of inborn genetics.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 03:05:20 PM »
People always seem to strive for what their genetics allow... it's not like someone like Zane could have looked like Ferrigno or Arnold even if he tried, so he came up with BS about training for balance... when Zane's balance was a result of his genetics more than anything else.

Some bodies are just ugly, whether they are big or small, so size is at least something you can affect to a certain degree. Having size as a criterion makes bb slightly more of a sport instead of just a display of inborn genetics.

;D

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 03:37:34 PM »
i know you all are gonna start getting upset. but really how in the hell did ronnie win anything? he was massive. huge. freaky. yes. but NOT what a bodybuilder is supposed to look

Sorry brother, but you're out of your mind. Dorian is my favorite of the 2, but Ronnie is the GOAT by MILES.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 03:48:02 PM »

;D

Simple Simon

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 04:33:30 AM »

size has nothing to do with balance, Im talking about symmetry, when I started training my legs way overpowered my upper body due to me playing rugby, I made sure my upper body caught up with my legs.

Platz could have cut back on leg training and developed a better balanced physique.