Author Topic: Shark Tank - I'll sell you the whole company for 6 million dollars  (Read 7293 times)

Strongmanfan

• Getbig III
Does anyone watch this show?  8)

Does anyone have a Groove Book?

Ruffian

• Getbig II
I dont get what is funny? Wasn't this sold to Shutterfly for 14.5 Million Dollars?

GrooveBook, a photo-printing app and subscription service that creates personalized photo books featuring up to 100 of your photos, shipped monthly, has been acquired by photo printing giant Shutterfly for $14.5 million. The smaller startup is probably best known for as the photo book app from TV’s “Shark Tank,” where founders Julie and Brian Whiteman pitched their uniquely designed photo books, which have a groove in the side making them flexible – and also cheaper to print.

On the show, the startup scored a deal from Mark Cuban and Kevin O’Leary for a $150,000 investment for 80% licensing rights only. GrooveBook, which had acquired over 18,000 subscribers in the 8 months before the show, benefited from the exposure and grew its business to 500,000 paid subscribers post-Shark Tank, the company said in a later update.

Shutterfly tells us today that GrooveBook has more than 1 million downloads, 200 million photo uploads and GrooveBook subscribers have grown 15 times since appearing on Shark Tank.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I don't watch it.

When I want to see failed business plans, I go on YOUTUBE fitness channels.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I wonder how much Vince Goodrum, CSN, MFT, HHP, CEO, could sell Caliber Fitness Solutions for?

15 million?
X

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
I don't watch it.

When I want to see failed business plans, I go on YOUTUBE fitness channels.

Bwahahahaha!

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
I dont get what is funny? Wasn't this sold to Shutterfly for 14.5 Million Dollars?

Yep. He out smarted all of the sharks that day.

Sold it just a few months later with 500,000 subscribers and tons of cash. Also a patent on the book design.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Show is scripted nonsense.  These "sharks" actually do not buy anything.  You imagine keeping track of the all that accounting?  All BS.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Show is scripted nonsense.  These "sharks" actually do not buy anything.  You imagine keeping track of the all that accounting?  All BS.

You're basing your claim on that the sharks can't keep track of accounting?  Lol.  Maybe Cuban should buy some Quickbooks software to organize.....think of all the money he could make.

They absolutely do buy things.
Y

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
You're basing your claim on that the sharks can't keep track of accounting?  Lol.  Maybe Cuban should buy some Quickbooks software to organize.....think of all the money he could make.

They absolutely do buy things.

The "sharks"... Oooooooh!... so omnipotent... so powerful!  LOL

These BS shows are a waste of fucking time.  Concentrate on things that make YOU wealthy and more knowledgeable.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Show is scripted nonsense.  These "sharks" actually do not buy anything.  You imagine keeping track of the all that accounting?  All BS.
um no you're completely wrong
Jesus Christ you're a dumb fuck aren't u
w

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
Re: Shark Tank - I'LL SELL YOU THE WHOLE COMPANY FOR 6 MILLION DOLLARS.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 04:09:41 PM »
um no you're completely wrong
Jesus Christ you're a dumb fuck aren't u

You believe everything you see on Tee-Vee?

lol

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 04:10:07 PM »
I wonder how much Vince Goodrum, CSN, MFT, HHP, CEO, could sell Caliber Fitness Solutions for?

15 million?

Is the Bitcoin rate THAT low?!

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 04:19:34 PM »

The Sharks just make the strategic decision.  After that, the due-diligence falls into the hands of their business team comprised of lawyers, accountants, managers, and minions who do 99% of the work.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 05:21:21 PM »
The "sharks"... Oooooooh!... so omnipotent... so powerful!  LOL

These BS shows are a waste of fucking time.  Concentrate on things that make YOU wealthy and more knowledgeable.

I know you're the resident curmudgeon, but there are actually some forms of entertainment, technology, etc out there that are actually...entertaining and useful.

I don't watch many TV shows with regularity, including this one, but it's fun to catch for a half hour every now and then.  And the sharks are all mega rich millionaires, and this show is a brilliant way for them to land deals without laying out their own money.  Many win-win situations.

But if hating everything works for you, by all means roll with it.  To each his own.
Y

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 09:34:14 AM »
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 09:35:47 AM »
:

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 09:42:48 AM »

15 million?

thats the low end !

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 10:36:34 AM »
The Sharks just make the strategic decision.  After that, the due-diligence falls into the hands of their business team comprised of lawyers, accountants, managers, and minions who do 99% of the work.

This sounds more plausible.

I don't think the "sharks" make a closed deal right there.

Surely, they pass it by all of the people behind the scenes who have made them filthy rich (bankers, lawyers, accountants).
X

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 04:03:49 PM »

15 million?

Basil could make millions  ??? selling his biceps making machinery     ::)

;D

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2017, 04:18:01 PM »

15 million?

The "sharks" have been making offers to Vince for a small share in the company but as the savvy entrepreneur that he is, he has a plan and politely declines. With his highly successful youtube channel already bringing him tens of millions in just a few weeks, his current net worth and company valuation have reached astronomical levels so the "sharks" would be lucky if they can afford just 0.03% of the company.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 06:26:54 PM »
Basil could make millions  ??? selling his biceps making machinery     ::)

;D

Yes, companies are lining up by the droves to buy this hunk of shit.

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 06:28:50 PM »
The "sharks" have been making offers to Vince for a small share in the company but as the savvy entrepreneur that he is, he has a plan and politely declines. With his highly successful youtube channel already bringing him tens of millions in just a few weeks, his current net worth and company valuation have reached astronomical levels so the "sharks" would be lucky if they can afford just 0.03% of the company.

I heard the "Sharks" offered Vince Goodrum, CSN, MFT, HPP, CEO, 47 million for Caliber Fitness Solutions. However, Vince replied, "Sorry, I am the Keilbasa destroyer, and owner of over 200 online businesses. With my upcoming youtube fame, you would need to offer me more for my company." Vince politely smirked at the "Sharks" and walked out.
X

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 07:58:18 PM »

Exactly. Nobody with any business sense is gonna purchase a business without going over their books with a fine tooth comb with tax attny's & cpa's. When I was offered to purchase the gym, each time I spent hours speaking with the owner going over expenses, gross and net incomes, leases, etc etc etc.. Did this each time (was offered the gym 2x. First was for 1/5th, 2nd was for 100%)... & that was ever before consulting with an attny or ever verifying the #'s I was given were correct (which they werent, of course.