Author Topic: one needs to make at least 46k to live barely comfortable  (Read 12714 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: one needs to make at least 46k to live barely comfortable
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2017, 06:55:46 PM »
Depends. Anybody can live outside their means. I didn't have a lot of money in college, and was able to live well with loans, a job, and the military paying for some of it.
A

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2017, 08:40:12 PM »
Why does everyone aspire to rent and not own?  ???
it is case by case - there are a many great reasons for each side. it all depends

when society was more of a simpler "flow" 1950s - 1980s owning was considered the "savings account" many families would pay off their mortgage, and have a stockpile of equity when they retired etc or rolled the savings into the next house and had a small mortgage payment.  own a home for 30 years then sell it  - etc etc.... that doesnt happen often like it used. again society moves quicker and totally different

so many ways to buy into real estate - REITS, ETFs, private placement deals, 144a's ....  

i feel most people who own..... they buy more than they should.... they may get approved for the note, but are above a solid budget

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2017, 08:50:42 PM »
Why does everyone aspire to rent and not own?  ???
Not everyone want to own. I have a friend that makes bank, he likes to rent because no maintenance, repairs, and you can move almost anytime you want. He just got married a few months ago, so maybe a house is in his future.
A

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2017, 08:55:34 PM »
I make roughly 23k a year and I live quite comfortably.

What country do you live in?
real men= no rubbers

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2017, 09:00:01 PM »

Thailand.

he be ballin'

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2017, 09:12:22 PM »
if i were to give optomistic work advice to minorities around 20 years old what should i say

You can't tell someone he should be a plumber or something.  Best I've got is: Figure out what you want to be doing later and do stuff now that will get you there.

Also: Smile patiently and ignore most advice, even the well intentioned kind.  Wisdom and presumption rarely coexist.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2017, 09:54:50 PM »

so many ways to buy into real estate - REITS, ETFs, private placement deals, 144a's ....  

What will the retail shakeout do to REITS?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2017, 09:58:18 PM »

Land of the free and home of the brave.
X

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2017, 10:15:26 PM »
in order to cover rent decent apt insurance food ect

in order to make 46 k a year you need to net 20 dollars an hour 40 hours a week

and not saving a dime

its doable taking the bus you can save maybe 10k  per year with no vehicle  but youd have no life

taking all the facts into consideration you are one lucky fuck to make 20 per hour in this society

im lucky and highly skilled but ive really paid my dues and continue to pay with time having to learn more in the rat race. i enjoy the learning but i feel bad for those in the wrong trade or grew up with bad familys no direction .

if i were to give optomistic work advice to minorities around 20 years old what should i say

This means the US dollar is not worth much. I live in Europe and 46k before taxes is more that enough for a single fella. You can even support a family on that if you pinch your pennies.
O

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2017, 11:05:05 PM »

when society was more of a simpler "flow" 1950s - 1980s owning was considered the "savings account" many families would pay off their mortgage, and have a stockpile of equity when they retired etc or rolled the savings into the next house and had a small mortgage payment.  own a home for 30 years then sell it  - etc etc.... that doesnt happen often like it used. again society moves quicker and totally different

Thats the problem. People now want everything instant because they are impatient and lazy. What you described is the way to do it.
O

Irisheyes22

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2017, 11:06:43 PM »
This means the US dollar is not worth much. I live in Europe and 46k before taxes is more that enough for a single fella. You can even support a family on that if you pinch your pennies.

you lived in Texas about 200 posts  ago

u blarney stoned lyin fa99ot

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2017, 11:13:13 PM »
When you think of people from the past you think of someone you have heard of, whose name has been preserved by virtue of some extraordinary behavior on his part.  

But most of them were just fucking, drinking, and working some menial job.  Uncouth and unshowered, they never innovated jack shit and did the bare minimum required of them.  They were lazy as hell and were of no value to themselves or posterity.

And you're descended from them.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2017, 11:31:46 PM »
you lived in Texas about 200 posts  ago

u blarney stoned lyin fa99ot

That was an inside joke for Droppingplates. He caught me quickly.  ;D
O

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2017, 12:51:21 AM »
Why does everyone aspire to rent and not own?  ???

Because people are stupid TA. Very...

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2017, 01:46:51 AM »
It depends where you live. I am in Toronto, Canada and make 27.82 U.S. dollars an hour (37 bucks and change Canadian). I get tons of 1.5 OT, and 1 day of 2xOT each week. In this city the average detached home in a decent neighborhood is well over 1 million dollars. I make over 95K U.S. a year but still rent a 3 bedroom house fairly cheap. I invest the rest (40 K U.S.) into stocks like Visa, Apple. ect. I just want to retire early and move somewhere affordable. If I bought a house here, I would be a slave to it.

Over 25 years ago, I took a year off to pay my undergrad. Took a job as a security guard running OT like mad and bounced 1 day a week. Worked night and day to make 35K U.S. Hard to imagine that 46K gives a decent life today unless your expenses are incredibly low.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2017, 01:54:57 AM »
all you need is a roof over your head, proteinshakes and getbig.
i feel pictures of cars, watches and those from go 4 it's cruise is enough, i dont need to have them myself or be there.
maybe a mirror for flexing.
and some creatine once in a while when you feel you wanna live the good life.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2017, 05:06:31 AM »
Not everyone want to own. I have a friend that makes bank, he likes to rent because no maintenance, repairs, and you can move almost anytime you want. He just got married a few months ago, so maybe a house is in his future.

Also, you never truly "own" the house/property.  You are simply renting it from the government.  Perpetual taxes, insurance and eminent domain is why.

Simple Simon

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2017, 06:12:36 AM »
Also, you never truly "own" the house/property.  You are simply renting it from the government.  Perpetual taxes, insurance and eminent domain is why.
how much do you have to pay the government if you decide to burn down the house you never own?

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2017, 06:17:30 AM »
all you need is a roof over your head, proteinshakes and getbig.
i feel pictures of cars, watches and those from go 4 it's cruise is enough, i dont need to have them myself or be there.
maybe a mirror for flexing.
and some creatine once in a while when you feel you wanna live the good life.

Classic getbig post. ;D
O

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2017, 06:30:06 AM »
how much do you have to pay the government if you decide to burn down the house you never own?

They don't care about the house, it's the land... their land, not yours.  Wake up.

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2017, 07:10:28 AM »
When you think of people from the past you think of someone you have heard of, whose name has been preserved by virtue of some extraordinary behavior on his part.  

But most of them were just fucking, drinking, and working some menial job.  Uncouth and unshowered, they never innovated jack shit and did the bare minimum required of them.  They were lazy as hell and were of no value to themselves or posterity.

Many are. I'm descended from grandparents from different countries who came to Australia for a better life (one being Greece, lucky for that  ;D). IDK how hard they worked but clearly more than most Australians who are lazy and it showed through my parents and Aunties/Uncles at least on the Greek side. I would outwork them all, outsmart them all. It's got to be in you when you're young. If you get an harder life young everything else is easy.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2017, 02:59:22 PM »

Who are you talking about?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2017, 04:50:13 PM »
Thats the problem. People now want everything instant because they are impatient and lazy. What you described is the way to do it.

credit appeared and became aval to everyone and everyone is addicted to it, BUT to get places you do need to properly use credit in our society today. being financially savy is also about playing defense too.  (its my trade so that is why I feel this way)

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2017, 04:52:21 PM »
to sum shit up real quick -  1 economic statement -

cost of living has gone up extremely high compared the average wage cost - living comfortably

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2017, 04:55:48 PM »
Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
a