Author Topic: Kevin Levrone - What's next for him? 30 minute podcast with Palumbo  (Read 3183 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Worth a watch. Start's at 19:50

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
I hope he stop travel and start to train...a show after Olympia would do him fine! But the problem is...the more he train, the more progress he does...the risk to get injured increase every week! Maybe its better to get it done...who know how many chances he has left before its OVER. Kevin is convinced heavy duty is the only way to go...I hope he can rethink that...50% of great bodybuilders on the Mr o stage never train heavy...shawn ray, flex, Vince Taylor, lee priest, Paul dillet, Phil heath, kai Greene, most people who is into heavy lifting just injure themselves...whats the point really?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Kevin Levrone - What's next for him? 30 minute podcast with Palumbo
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 04:21:57 AM »
Kevin is convinced heavy duty is the only way to go...I hope he can rethink that..

Could you provide any research that says that a heavily muscled person is more susceptible to injury due to heavy weights, as his age increases?

The amount of "training knowledge" that is spouted here and on the internet would fill a thimble compared to even a years worth of research in many other fields.  It's mostly just pseudoscience and chinese whispers.

You're just parroting shit you've read and a few anecdotal references.

I have no idea if it is an urban myth, but what I do have an idea about is that I don't think you or really anybody knows what the best is for Kevin or if he is actually at risk doing what he does.  What do strength guys do when they turn 50?  Give in and start hitting the machines?  I don't think so.  

Fact is, lifting heavy is f u n.  It much suck to turn up to the gym to iterate through the myriad machines for 1-2 hours a day ::)  

Cue Basile to come in and warn us all of the dangers of somewhat heavy deadlifting (because it didn't work out for him) and how we should just quit and whittle away our years at the hamstring curl machine ::)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 04:25:17 AM »
30 min vid misleading vidcap and title as nornal for rx. How muchof those 30 mins were re: levrone?

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 03:44:01 PM »
It appears that  Kevin is a hyper responder. If strength gains go rapidly and drastically h8gher...especially after being off and not lifting for years...it seems logical that his tendons...not used to supra physiological lifts would be more susceptible to injury. Aa far as I know, tendons and ligaments do not hyper respond the way muscle does.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 02:59:44 AM »
Could you provide any research that says that a heavily muscled person is more susceptible to injury due to heavy weights, as his age increases?

The amount of "training knowledge" that is spouted here and on the internet would fill a thimble compared to even a years worth of research in many other fields.  It's mostly just pseudoscience and chinese whispers.

You're just parroting shit you've read and a few anecdotal references.

I have no idea if it is an urban myth, but what I do have an idea about is that I don't think you or really anybody knows what the best is for Kevin or if he is actually at risk doing what he does.  What do strength guys do when they turn 50?  Give in and start hitting the machines?  I don't think so.  

Fact is, lifting heavy is f u n.  It much suck to turn up to the gym to iterate through the myriad machines for 1-2 hours a day ::)  

Cue Basile to come in and warn us all of the dangers of somewhat heavy deadlifting (because it didn't work out for him) and how we should just quit and whittle away our years at the hamstring curl machine ::)

He was having knee and back problems from lifting heavy

He has also torn his pec, lat, and triceps in the past

Doesn't take a genius to figure out lifting heavy all the time is detrimental to the body especially if u are bodybuilding and not powerlifting, it's not rocket science  ::)

Guys that have lasted the longest train smart , dexter, jay, Phil, Haney, etc

There are exceptions to heavy lifting for some but almost all end up injured or torn muscles later on due to age and heavy weights, Ronnie, Dorian, Cormier, etc

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 03:23:29 AM »
It appears that  Kevin is a hyper responder. If strength gains go rapidly and drastically h8gher...especially after being off and not lifting for years...it seems logical that his tendons...not used to supra physiological lifts would be more susceptible to injury. Aa far as I know, tendons and ligaments do not hyper respond the way muscle does.

I like that theory way more than bringing up four pros who have lasted long and 3 heavy training ones who have retired, having had a few injuries ::)

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 05:23:17 AM »
30 min vid misleading vidcap and title as nornal for rx. How muchof those 30 mins were re: levrone?

22 seconds.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 05:32:30 PM »
pretty sure all this deep tissue massage shit is responsible for some injuries, lets warp your muscles into unnatural positions :D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 05:37:34 PM »
When his hot pro career is over, Kevin should form a band and also get into acting!

He'd become a concert draw and bankable star in no time!

Wonder if he's ever considered this.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 05:41:25 PM »
pretty sure all this deep tissue massage shit is responsible for some injuries, lets warp your muscles into unnatural positions :D

I've often wondered that as well. Specifically, if it's more harmful than helpful.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 05:54:37 PM »
I like that theory way more than bringing up four pros who have lasted long and 3 heavy training ones who have retired, having had a few injuries ::)

Like I said it doesn't take rocket science to figure out heavy consistent lifting is not good for the body long term if your goal is bodybuilding and not strength building  ::) and as u age injuries become more apparent from heavy lifting then compared to Phil, jay, dex type training pump sets

What's so hard to understand? That was what your question was about

U are a real imbecile, so go figure

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 05:56:27 PM »
Kevin is history and should remain that way.
T