Author Topic: trump bails out on rest of world  (Read 3428 times)

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
trump bails out on rest of world
« on: June 01, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »
so after dragging most of the developed world into disastrous wars in the middle east for nearly two decades the US now bails out on the rest of the world on climate change.

have to admit i think this is a good thing. hopefully the whole paris agreement sht will now fall apart. climate change is the biggest crock of sht since fixing the ozone layer.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/01/donald-trump-paris-climate-deal-pullout-us-impact

"The Paris deal pullout is more damaging to the US than the climate
The US abandoning the global climate deal brings risks, but the unity of the rest of the world and plummeting green energy costs are reasons for hope"

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: trump bails out on rest of world
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 03:31:22 PM »

have to admit i think this is a good thing. hopefully the whole paris agreement sht will now fall apart. climate change is the biggest crock of sht since fixing the ozone layer.

Then what's your problem?

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 04:09:52 PM »
Then what's your problem?

who said i had a problem?

just interested to see what others may think of this decision

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 04:16:24 PM »
Foreigners posts on the politics board should be 1/4th sized font compared to the Americans.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 04:37:11 PM »
Foreigners posts on the politics board should be 1/4th sized font compared to the Americans.

Hahahahahaha!!!!! I love that idea!
a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 04:44:52 PM »

Prop's to Trump for bailing out of the money grab and giving it back to America.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 04:56:21 PM »

New rule.   ;D

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 06:45:12 PM »

a

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 07:53:06 PM »
Lol

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 08:05:03 PM »
At least he is doing the things he said he would while running. No politicians do what they say. They promise you everything and do nothing.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 08:47:24 PM »

Possibly the best Getbig idea ever...

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 02:19:42 AM »
At least he is doing the things he said he would while running. No politicians do what they say. They promise you everything and do nothing.

yeh i actually agree with him, climate change is utter nonsense. but i find it a bit ironic that the US has called on europe and the majority of the rest of the developed world to support it in several wars that really had nothing to do with themselves at considerable cost, financial and otherwise.

you would think the US would possibly feel some sort of moral obligation to stand with the rest of the world on this issue.

good on trump. hopefully this will lead to further political separation between the US and the rest of the western world.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 03:25:35 AM »
https://howiecarrshow.com/celebs-melting-down-over-paris-agreement
 :'(

yeh i actually agree with him, climate change is utter nonsense. but i find it a bit ironic that the US has called on europe and the majority of the rest of the developed world to support it in several wars that really had nothing to do with themselves at considerable cost, financial and otherwise.

you would think the US would possibly feel some sort of moral obligation to stand with the rest of the world on this issue.

good on trump. hopefully this will lead to further political separation between the US and the rest of the western world.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 03:32:03 AM »
He pulled out, but only to renegotiate better terms. They want $100 billion a year from the richest countries to give to the poor countries to bribe them not to use fossil fuels. Essentially we have to go in there and build this shit so they can "leap frog" the fossil fuel age and go into renewables. I don't have anything against quitting fossil fuels, but that deal is strong arming the West and China. And the people still don't think the 100 billion is enough, complaining it's only 8% of what the world spends yearly on weapons. Bah!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 06:38:32 AM »
He pulled out, but only to renegotiate better terms. They want $100 billion a year from the richest countries to give to the poor countries to bribe them not to use fossil fuels. Essentially we have to go in there and build this shit so they can "leap frog" the fossil fuel age and go into renewables. I don't have anything against quitting fossil fuels, but that deal is strong arming the West and China. And the people still don't think the 100 billion is enough, complaining it's only 8% of what the world spends yearly on weapons. Bah!

Rich, white people in developed countries telling poor, color people in third world crap holes they can't use fossil fuels to make their lives better.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 06:44:11 AM »

The U.S. has no moral obligations to the moronic leaders of European countries.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 06:52:00 AM »

"Trump bails on the rest of the world, yada, yada, yada....."

Wording implies that you are still very angry despite him doing something you agree with.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 10:33:34 AM »

yeh i actually agree with him, climate change is utter nonsense.

According to MIT scientists , Trump misunderstood the info provided him on this topic.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-climatechange-trump-mit-idUSKBN18S6L0

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 12:24:27 PM »
Rich, white people in developed countries telling poor, color people in third world crap holes they can't use fossil fuels to make their lives better.

this. it's quite convenient that "climate change" turns up once the developed world is post industrial

The U.S. has no moral obligations to the moronic leaders of European countries.

well i spose there can't be moral obligation without a moral compass.

According to MIT scientists , Trump misunderstood the info provided him on this topic.

tbf on trump has he not always said he doesn't really buy into the whole climate change thing ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 12:44:53 PM »

Climate xchange  is horseshit.   Just a heist of the middle class

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 01:40:52 PM »
Climate xchange  is horseshit.   Just a heist of the middle class

Compared to getbiggers  (and Trump) what would MIT scientists know about atmospheric physics ?
How cocky dumb does someone have to be,  to try and debate an issue they're ignorant on?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 01:53:05 PM »
Compared to getbiggers  (and Trump) what would MIT scientists know about atmospheric physics ?
How cocky dumb does someone have to be,  to try and debate an issue they're ignorant on?

What do these people propose that does not involve in higher taxes, regulations, and costs the middle class? 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 01:56:27 PM »
What I want to know is what is the cost of avoiding the Paris deal? I ask genuinely.

Coal is dead. It just is. The new mine that Trump talked about that's opening. 75 jobs. Green energy jobs are much more plentiful than coal. So why not push people and jobs in that direction?

Seems like the real issue is that people just "believe" that coal is going to come roaring back, when even coal owners say it won't.

Also, what does it hurt to turn your lights off when you walk out of a room? It seems simplistic, but if a person turns off their lights, maybe they save 20% in emissions as is.

Next question I have. Do you believe that now that the Paris deal is done, that the energy providers will lower their prices? Will your power bill start getting lower now? If not, then what good is it?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2017, 01:58:01 PM »
What do these people propose that does not involve in higher taxes, regulations, and costs the middle class? 

How about 3x as many jobs for starters.
Facts are a real problem for those talking out there ass.

https://cleantechnica.com/2013/03/20/over-3-times-more-green-jobs-per-million-than-fossil-fuel-or-nuclear-jobs/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 02:03:36 PM »
How about 3x as many jobs for starters.
Facts are a real problem for those talking out there ass.

https://cleantechnica.com/2013/03/20/over-3-times-more-green-jobs-per-million-than-fossil-fuel-or-nuclear-jobs/

take away govt tax breaks and subsidies and most of these companies are out of biz