Author Topic: How many getbiggers are financially secure?  (Read 24087 times)

Henda

• Getbig V
Re: How many getbiggers are financially secure?
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2017, 02:25:23 PM »
Henda, would love to move in with you and your family.

Any time mate, I'd happily make wor lass sit on the floor so you can lie comfortably on the other couch

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2017, 03:24:59 PM »
Maybe we can have a big Getbig sleepover at Henda's house. I can bring my own sleeping bag.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2017, 07:56:04 PM »
Except for the extremely Getbig into, where he frames how his dad was a poor saver but some other dude who learned him to be a good saver was a good saver, which he decided to state succinctly as "I had two dads."  I wonder if his editor was like, uh, Bob, that can be kinda interpreted, you know?

;D ;D ;D

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2017, 09:51:52 PM »
Much easier to become financially secure in The United States versus Europe.

What makes you say that?

For me the US feels much more segregated than everything than the UK, including financial mobility.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2017, 09:57:41 PM »
I'm financially secure.   Not because I have savings or shares of stock but I have some great investments and my online businesses give me residual income.  When you can make money without physical work is when you can say you're secure
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2017, 10:20:52 PM »
I'm good. I'll be 55 in Aug. on track to retire comfortably with a good income by 58. Not bad for a glorified tire flipper but I see no need to retire until I die. Retirement  doesn't make sense to me.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2017, 03:22:44 AM »
I bought it brand new but got a huge discount from the $100k price. You can get a 2 year old low mileage for around $70k which is not much more than I paid for new as they are bringing out a new engine in October and were trying to shift the current stock.
I actually chose these wheels you cheeky fellow  !  It's an AMG pack version which has 20's as standard with ultra low profile tyres but I told them to fit the 19's with 45 profile tyres for a better ride and less chance of tyre splitting from the shit country road potholes we have around here.

For a bit more speed I still have my CLS and SLK although the Maserati was traded in for the S class. To be honest I still prefer pottering around in my kid's mini  :D

the wheels look better from a distance

nice house plenty of space
T

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2017, 03:34:27 AM »
Far from it and never will be.

Main goal is to get to a point where I can work for myself again but not full tick maybe do one (week long) job a month or so. Got our first house cheap with right to buy scheme and payed a decent deposit along with the discount and now rent it out and the rental income pays mortgage on that property plus current mortgage minus £25. Hope to clear current mortgage in 3-4 years then hopefully move back to self employment. Don't need much to live as long as roof over head and food on table things couldn't be better.

Sounds like a good position to be in buddy, nice one.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2017, 06:51:16 AM »
Sounds like a good position to be in buddy, nice one.

Thanks mate, I know it's not much and far from being well off but is more than enough to keep me happy mate

Purge_WTF

« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2017, 07:13:30 AM »
 I was one of the most senior employees at a certain company which had an Employee Stock Purchase plan, in which I invested four percent of my paychecks for the better time I was there. By the time I parted ways with them, I had about a thousand shares. I dumped them about four years ago and got six figures back.

A job that leaves me with several hundred dollars a month in supplemental income, no debt and a good chunk of that money in my savings. Life and God are good.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2017, 07:37:48 AM »

I agree with Coach in the sense that I will probably never fully retire. As long as I am physically and mentally healthy, I will keep working. I am not too sure in what capacity, but I will still try to keep on working.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2017, 07:38:22 AM »
Any time mate, I'd happily make wor lass sit on the floor so you can lie comfortably on the other couch

Thank you. Would love to invite Goodrum over too.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2017, 07:40:17 AM »
Maybe we can have a big Getbig sleepover at Henda's house. I can bring my own sleeping bag.

Who would you share your sleeping bag with?
X

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2017, 07:55:11 AM »
I bought it brand new but got a huge discount from the $100k price. You can get a 2 year old low mileage for around $70k which is not much more than I paid for new as they are bringing out a new engine in October and were trying to shift the current stock.
I actually chose these wheels you cheeky fellow  !  It's an AMG pack version which has 20's as standard with ultra low profile tyres but I told them to fit the 19's with 45 profile tyres for a better ride and less chance of tyre splitting from the shit country road potholes we have around here.

For a bit more speed I still have my CLS and SLK although the Maserati was traded in for the S class. To be honest I still prefer pottering around in my kid's mini  :D

Racist pig!
O

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2017, 07:59:15 AM »
This is the sort of car a middle aged getbigger drives.

Dirtbag!!!!
O

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2017, 08:00:54 AM »
I got my house very cheap as it needed (still needs) a shitload of work and also the occupants had died and their son just wanted rid of it as quickly as possible so I got it for £60,000 less that the same house down the steet had just sold for, so mortgage is quite small. Will have to work quite a bit of overtime to achieve this, we have a very busy few years ahead at work with 4 large new machine installs so fingers crossed it should come together nicely.

Good for you brah. I am sure you wil reach your goal.
O

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2017, 08:19:06 AM »
Thank you. Would love to invite Goodrum over too.
Yes !
We could hang out in the garage lifting weight followed by drinking and playing darts while listening to dance music from early 2000's and late 90s

Good for you brah. I am sure you wil reach your goal.

Thanks mate

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2017, 08:19:56 AM »
Yes !
We could hang out in the garage lifting weight followed by drinking and playing darts while listening to dance music from early 2000's and late 90s

Am I invited?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2017, 08:57:25 AM »
Am I invited?

Haha I'd be ok with that but sf maybe not so much, in all serious despite the shit we say on here I'd meet just about anyone for a drink if they in the area, but definitely not tbomz or pillow talk

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2017, 09:28:14 AM »
Yes !

Thanks mate

bass generator!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2017, 11:49:12 AM »
Haha I'd be ok with that but sf maybe not so much, in all serious despite the shit we say on here I'd meet just about anyone for a drink if they in the area, but definitely not tbomz or pillow talk

lol ha, I'd be okay with that. As you said, I'd meet just about anyone on getbig. However, I would require that Shizzo sit at least 3 feet away from me.
X

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2017, 11:51:06 AM »
lol ha, I'd be okay with that. As you said, I'd meet just about anyone on getbig. However, I would require that Shizzo sit at least 3 feet away from me.
Why?

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2017, 12:23:17 PM »
Sorry, but it has gotten to the point where I have to celebrate other people's 100 post threads.

These are tough times  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2017, 02:03:19 PM »
Yes !

Thanks mate

Goodrum can share a bed with you.  :D :D :D

Can you imagine sharing a bed with the owner of Caliber Fitness Solutions.
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »
Goodrum can share a bed with you.  :D :D :D

Can you imagine sharing a bed with the owner of Caliber Fitness Solutions.

Yes !!!
My bed is quite wide and can easily sleep 3, you are more than welcome to share this fantastic once in a lifetime privalige if you desire !!