Author Topic: Trump is considering firing special counsel Mueller, friend says  (Read 13186 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Trump is considering firing special counsel Mueller, friend says
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2017, 06:41:39 PM »
What events?  Did we watch the same testimony? 

I'm not going to bother counting them.

I believe this article sums up Sessions' selective memory problem.

"Presumably under pressure to protect the president without perjuring himself, Attorney General Jeff Sessions found new and creative ways to deflect hours of probing questions by the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, most of which amounted to a variation on a familiar theme: “I don’t recall.”"

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/jeff-sessions-senate-testimony

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2017, 06:41:53 PM »
Please don't go shoot a congressman.

:o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2017, 06:43:00 PM »
I'm not going to bother counting them.

I believe this article sums up Sessions' selective memory problem.

"Presumably under pressure to protect the president without perjuring himself, Attorney General Jeff Sessions found new and creative ways to deflect hours of probing questions by the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, most of which amounted to a variation on a familiar theme: “I don’t recall.”"

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/jeff-sessions-senate-testimony

I'm not reading a Vanity Fair article to that supposedly summarizes what I just watched.  

I'm not asking you to count.  Give me a few things that you heard.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2017, 06:50:08 PM »
I don't have filters.  I call things as I see them.  I didn't hear a bunch a "I don't recall" answers, particularly to relevant questions.  What I did hear were questions that strictly divided along party lines.  It was pathetic. 

But back to your claim about him supposedly not remembering things.  What, specifically, are you talking about? 

You and I can agree that the questions were divided along party lines and at times, it was pathetic and absurd....particularly when almost no question was asked and a Senator used their time to grandstand for Sessions.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2017, 06:54:05 PM »
You and I can agree that the questions were divided along party lines and at times, it was pathetic and absurd....particularly when almost no question was asked and a Senator used their time to grandstand for Sessions.

lol.  Seriously?  Most of them, on both sides, spent a good deal of time making speeches.  The only one who really got the heart of the matter IMO was Cotton. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2017, 08:22:27 PM »
I'm not reading a Vanity Fair article to that supposedly summarizes what I just watched.  

I'm not asking you to count.  Give me a few things that you heard.  

I'll do better. Here are some excerpts from Sessions' testimony last Tuesday. While not all Sessions' answers were "I do not recall" or "I don't remember", this list includes all his answers which were non-committal with the exception of those where he wouldn't answer because they violated some rule which he couldn't cite.

Burr: From your testimony, you said you don't remember whether the ambassador from Russia was there.
SESSIONS: I did not remember that, but I understand he was there.
BURR: You never remember having a conversation or meeting with the ambassador?
SESSIONS: I do not (remember).
WARNER: You don't recollect when he had the conversations with the ambassador?
SESSIONS: I do not (recollect).
WARNER: To the best of your memory you had no conversation with him at that meet something.
SESSIONS: I don't recall that, senator. Certainly, I can assure you nothing improper if I had a conversation with him. It's conceivable, but I don't remember it.
WARNER: I understand. I'm trying to understand you corrected the record and clearly by the time you get a chance to correct the record, you would have known that the ambassador was at that April 27th session. It received quite a bit of press notoriety. And again, echoing what the chairman said, again for the record, there was no other meeting with any other officials of the Russian government in the campaign season.
SESSIONS: Not to my recollection. I would say with regard to the two encounters, one at the Mayflower hotel that you refer to, I came here not knowing he was going to be there. I didn't have any communications with him before or after that event. Likewise at the effect at the convention went off the convention grounds to a college campus for an event.
RUBIO: As far as someone who is not an official from another count row and a businessman or anyone walking down the street, it struck me as someone who wanted to find out what the campaign was up to. In hindsight, it appears suspicious some.
SESSIONS: I don't recall it now.
BLUNT: Well, that's what I thought you were saying, but sometimes when I hear meeting, that would mean more to me than I met somebody. You might have met him at the reception. Could you have met other ambassadors at that reception as well?
SESSIONS: I could. I remember one in particular that we had a conversation with, whose country had an investment in Alabama, and we talked a little length about that, I remember that, but otherwise I have no recollection of a discussion with the Russian ambassador.
MANCHIN: I want to follow up on what Senator King had asked concerning. You are and I are about the same vintage and back in our lifetime we've never known the Russians to be -- the Russian government or the Russian military to ever be our friend, and wanting the same things we wanted out of life. With that being said, the seriousness of this Russian hacking is very serious to me and concerning, and you're saying that you had not been briefed on that. October -- I think it was October 9, when it was known that the ODNIi I think at that time Mr. Clapper and also Mr. Jay Johnson, homeland security made that public what was going on, then on December 29 President Obama at that time expelled 35 Russian diplomats, denied access to two Russian-owned compounds. and he broadened the existing sanctions. Sir, I would ask did you have any discussions at all -- have you had any discussions or sat in on any type of meetings or recommendations made to remove those sanctions?
SESSIONS: I don't recall any such meeting.
MANCHIN: And during the time not from the president being inaugurated on January 20, prior to that in the campaign, up until and through the transition, was there ever any meetings that he showed any concern or consideration or just inquisitive of what the Russians were really doing and if they had really done it?
SESSIONS: I don't recall any such conversations. I'm not sure I understood your question. Maybe I better listen again.
MANCHIN: You were part of the national security team, so if he would have heard something about Russia and with their capabilities and our concern about what they could do to our election process, was there ever any conversations concerning that whatsoever?
SESSIONS: I don't recall it, Senator Manchin.
MANCHIN: It would be very helpful, I think the committee, a lot of questions that they would like and you would like to answer if possible and maybe we can check into that a little further. If I could, sir, did you have any meetings, any other meetings with Russian officials that have not previously been disclosed?
SESSIONS: I've racked my brain and I do not believe so.
MANCHIN: I'm going to go quick through this. Are there any other meetings between Russian government officials and any other Trump campaign associates that have not been previously disclosed that you know of?
SESSIONS: I don't recall any.
MANCHIN: General Michael Flynn.
SESSIONS: I don't recall it.
MANCHIN: Reince Priebus?
SESSIONS: I don't recall.
MANCHIN: Steve Miller?
SESSIONS: I don't recall him ever having such a conversation.
MANCHIN: Corey Lewandowski.
SESSIONS: I do not recall any of those individuals having any meeting with Russian officials.
MANCHIN: Carter Page.
SESSIONS: I don't know.
MANCHIN: And would I finally ask this question, because I always think -- we try to -- you have an innate knowledge.
SESSIONS: There -- there may have been some published accounts of Mr. Page talking with Russians, I'm not sure. I don't recall though.
HARRIS: Did you have any communications with Russian officials for any reason during the campaign that have not been disclosed in public or to this committee?
SESSIONS: I don't recall it, but I have to tell you, I cannot testify to what was said as we were standing at the Republican convention before the podium where I spoke.
HARRIS: My question --
SESSIONS: I don't have a detailed memory of that—
HARRIS: Did you have any communication with any Russian businessman or any Russian nationals?
SESSIONS: I don't believe I had any conversation with Russian businessmen or Russian nationals.
HARRIS: Are you aware of any communications with other Trump campaign officials and associates that they had with Russian officials or any Russian nationals?
SESSIONS: I don't recall that.
HARRIS: Did you ever communicate with him in writing?
SESSIONS: I don't believe so.
HARRIS: Is that policy in writing somewhere?
SESSIONS: I think so.
MCCAIN: Knowing you on the committee, I can't imagine that. Did you raise concerns about Russia's support for President Bashar Al Assad and his campaign of indiscriminate violence against his own citizens including his use of chemical weapons?
SESSIONS: I don't recall whether that was discussed or not.
MCCAIN: Did you raise concerns about Russia's interference in our electoral process or interferences of the electoral processes cause of our allies?.
SESSIONS: I don't recall that being discussed.
MCCAIN: And his response was?
MCCAIN: During that 2016 campaign season, did you have any contacts with any representative, including any American lobbyist or agent of any Russian company within or outside your capacity as a member of congress or a member of the armed services committee?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »
lol.  Seriously?  Most of them, on both sides, spent a good deal of time making speeches.  The only one who really got the heart of the matter IMO was Cotton. 

Hello....they are politicians. This is what politicians do. They have a lot in common with car salespeople and other hucksters. I agree with you regarding Cotton.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2017, 09:11:37 PM »
I'll do better. Here are some excerpts from Sessions' testimony last Tuesday. While not all Sessions' answers were "I do not recall" or "I don't remember", this list includes all his answers which were non-committal with the exception of those where he wouldn't answer because they violated some rule which he couldn't cite.

Burr: From your testimony, you said you don't remember whether the ambassador from Russia was there.
SESSIONS: I did not remember that, but I understand he was there.
BURR: You never remember having a conversation or meeting with the ambassador?
SESSIONS: I do not (remember).
WARNER: You don't recollect when he had the conversations with the ambassador?
SESSIONS: I do not (recollect).
WARNER: To the best of your memory you had no conversation with him at that meet something.
SESSIONS: I don't recall that, senator. Certainly, I can assure you nothing improper if I had a conversation with him. It's conceivable, but I don't remember it.
WARNER: I understand. I'm trying to understand you corrected the record and clearly by the time you get a chance to correct the record, you would have known that the ambassador was at that April 27th session. It received quite a bit of press notoriety. And again, echoing what the chairman said, again for the record, there was no other meeting with any other officials of the Russian government in the campaign season.
SESSIONS: Not to my recollection. I would say with regard to the two encounters, one at the Mayflower hotel that you refer to, I came here not knowing he was going to be there. I didn't have any communications with him before or after that event. Likewise at the effect at the convention went off the convention grounds to a college campus for an event.
RUBIO: As far as someone who is not an official from another count row and a businessman or anyone walking down the street, it struck me as someone who wanted to find out what the campaign was up to. In hindsight, it appears suspicious some.
SESSIONS: I don't recall it now.
BLUNT: Well, that's what I thought you were saying, but sometimes when I hear meeting, that would mean more to me than I met somebody. You might have met him at the reception. Could you have met other ambassadors at that reception as well?
SESSIONS: I could. I remember one in particular that we had a conversation with, whose country had an investment in Alabama, and we talked a little length about that, I remember that, but otherwise I have no recollection of a discussion with the Russian ambassador.
MANCHIN: I want to follow up on what Senator King had asked concerning. You are and I are about the same vintage and back in our lifetime we've never known the Russians to be -- the Russian government or the Russian military to ever be our friend, and wanting the same things we wanted out of life. With that being said, the seriousness of this Russian hacking is very serious to me and concerning, and you're saying that you had not been briefed on that. October -- I think it was October 9, when it was known that the ODNIi I think at that time Mr. Clapper and also Mr. Jay Johnson, homeland security made that public what was going on, then on December 29 President Obama at that time expelled 35 Russian diplomats, denied access to two Russian-owned compounds. and he broadened the existing sanctions. Sir, I would ask did you have any discussions at all -- have you had any discussions or sat in on any type of meetings or recommendations made to remove those sanctions?
SESSIONS: I don't recall any such meeting.
MANCHIN: And during the time not from the president being inaugurated on January 20, prior to that in the campaign, up until and through the transition, was there ever any meetings that he showed any concern or consideration or just inquisitive of what the Russians were really doing and if they had really done it?
SESSIONS: I don't recall any such conversations. I'm not sure I understood your question. Maybe I better listen again.
MANCHIN: You were part of the national security team, so if he would have heard something about Russia and with their capabilities and our concern about what they could do to our election process, was there ever any conversations concerning that whatsoever?
SESSIONS: I don't recall it, Senator Manchin.
MANCHIN: It would be very helpful, I think the committee, a lot of questions that they would like and you would like to answer if possible and maybe we can check into that a little further. If I could, sir, did you have any meetings, any other meetings with Russian officials that have not previously been disclosed?
SESSIONS: I've racked my brain and I do not believe so.
MANCHIN: I'm going to go quick through this. Are there any other meetings between Russian government officials and any other Trump campaign associates that have not been previously disclosed that you know of?
SESSIONS: I don't recall any.
MANCHIN: General Michael Flynn.
SESSIONS: I don't recall it.
MANCHIN: Reince Priebus?
MANCHIN: Steve Miller?
SESSIONS: I don't recall him ever having such a conversation.
MANCHIN: Corey Lewandowski.
SESSIONS: I do not recall any of those individuals having any meeting with Russian officials.
MANCHIN: Carter Page.
SESSIONS: I don't know.
MANCHIN: And would I finally ask this question, because I always think -- we try to -- you have an innate knowledge.
SESSIONS: There -- there may have been some published accounts of Mr. Page talking with Russians, I'm not sure. I don't recall though.
HARRIS: Did you have any communications with Russian officials for any reason during the campaign that have not been disclosed in public or to this committee?
SESSIONS: I don't recall it, but I have to tell you, I cannot testify to what was said as we were standing at the Republican convention before the podium where I spoke.
HARRIS: My question --
SESSIONS: I don't have a detailed memory of that—
HARRIS: Did you have any communication with any Russian businessman or any Russian nationals?
SESSIONS: I don't believe I had any conversation with Russian businessmen or Russian nationals.
HARRIS: Are you aware of any communications with other Trump campaign officials and associates that they had with Russian officials or any Russian nationals?
SESSIONS: I don't recall that.
HARRIS: Did you ever communicate with him in writing?
HARRIS: Is that policy in writing somewhere?
SESSIONS: I think so.
MCCAIN: Knowing you on the committee, I can't imagine that. Did you raise concerns about Russia's support for President Bashar Al Assad and his campaign of indiscriminate violence against his own citizens including his use of chemical weapons?
SESSIONS: I don't recall whether that was discussed or not.
MCCAIN: Did you raise concerns about Russia's interference in our electoral process or interferences of the electoral processes cause of our allies?.
SESSIONS: I don't recall that being discussed.
MCCAIN: And his response was?
MCCAIN: During that 2016 campaign season, did you have any contacts with any representative, including any American lobbyist or agent of any Russian company within or outside your capacity as a member of congress or a member of the armed services committee?

Not sure what you're trying to prove with this. It's been established that the once again got their asses handed to them. It's a political farce and witch hunt and the libs keep coming up with NOTHING

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2017, 04:23:02 AM »
Not sure what you're trying to prove with this. It's been established that the once again got their asses handed to them. It's a political farce and witch hunt and the libs keep coming up with NOTHING

Read the transscrip you fucking sheep.

Try thinking for yourself for once

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2017, 09:51:37 AM »
It's most vocal supporter wasn't even a friggin Republican and wasn't pushing that stupid theory when did have his sudden political conversion and ran for president.  The Republican party did not endorse that absurd theory.  A really dumb analogy.  So you really are a lying hack.  Sorry I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
Yes, he was a republican at the time  and he promoted the theory repeatedly on the most influential conservative news vehicle. Hannity pushed it. Limbaugh pushed it. Drudge pushed it. That's as mainstream republican as you can get.   Just look at how many right wingers on this board were birthers. If you are playing semantics and claiming that birtherism was never part of the republican party's official platform then I guess you're right.  ::)

And what am I lying about? The many republican lawmakers who called for an investigation  that I've posted about before? Or the many republican constituents who have voiced questions about trump's seedy russian connections that you can easily google?

No you're not interpreting me correctly.  You first need evidence before you start an investigation.  There is none.  This is the biggest political farce I can recall.  I am seriously concerned about how off the rails those people have gone.  To think these folks pass laws that affect me is unsettling.  

No , that's not how investigations work. Once a crime is suspected to have occurred, then an investigation takes place to gather evidence. The crime being investigated is Russia's involvement in influencing the election. That investigation includes gathering evidence
to figure what Americans were involved and what their roles were. Part of that investigation includes a criminal investigation of Michael Flynn.   ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2017, 09:56:10 AM »

It's just a dumb strategy.

These clowns are being mocked all over twitter and YouTube.

If the Democrats were smart they would promote their own platform and solutions rather than go into the deep end of the mud pit where Trump has shown the ability to drown everybody up to this point.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2017, 10:12:32 AM »
It's just a dumb strategy.

These clowns are being mocked all over twitter and YouTube.

If the Democrats were smart they would promote their own platform and solutions rather than go into the deep end of the mud pit where Trump has shown the ability to drown everybody up to this point.

OMG - being mocked on twitter and youtube  !!!

are you sure?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2017, 10:27:39 AM »
Yes, he was a republican at the time  and he promoted the theory repeatedly on the most influential conservative news vehicle. Hannity pushed it. Limbaugh pushed it. Drudge pushed it. That's as mainstream republican as you can get.   Just look at how many right wingers on this board were birthers. If you are playing semantics and claiming that birtherism was never part of the republican party's official platform then I guess you're right.  ::)

And what am I lying about? The many republican lawmakers who called for an investigation  that I've posted about before? Or the many republican constituents who have voiced questions about trump's seedy russian connections that you can easily google?

No , that's not how investigations work. Once a crime is suspected to have occurred, then an investigation takes place to gather evidence. The crime being investigated is Russia's involvement in influencing the election. That investigation includes gathering evidence
to figure what Americans were involved and what their roles were. Part of that investigation includes a criminal investigation of Michael Flynn.   ::)

Regarding your list of mainstream birthers - Bum will just tell you he never saw or heard them thus it never happened

Not even sure WTF he is talking about regarding needing evidence to start an investigation.  That's just fucking flat out stupid unless  he thinks all crime is like a murder and starts with a dead body.  Most investigations start with a suspicion or allegations.....for example see any of the numerous failed Republican investigations of Hillary.

It also seems the various intelligence agencies do have plenty of evidence such as tape recordings (remember Flynn denied everything until he was told they had him on tape).    Comey and others have also mentioned they can't discuss certain things they know in open hearings but for some strange reason they haven't yet shared this classified data with Bum.

There's an article in Bloomberg from a couple of  days ago that the Russian hackers hit voter registration systems in 39 states.   Being an intelligent and curious person I'm sure Bum will conclude there is no reason to look at that any further. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2017, 11:06:17 AM »
OMG - being mocked on twitter and youtube  !!!

are you sure?

Outlets such as YouTube and twitter are the future of media.

The left and the corporate media become weaker by the day.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2017, 11:19:01 AM »
Outlets such as YouTube and twitter are the future of media.

The left and the corporate media become weaker by the day.

they'll never replace or supercede TV, Radio, Cable etc.. in this country

youtube and twitter are more influential in countries like Russia

Since you're obviously an avid Twitter and YouTube user I'm sure you're aware of the massive protests in Russia a couple of days ago along with the arrest of Alexei Navalny (who as you know has used YouTube to great effect to communicate with young people in Russia)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2017, 11:29:17 AM »
they'll never replace or supercede TV, Radio, Cable etc.. in this country

youtube and twitter are more influential in countries like Russia

Since you're obviously an avid Twitter and YouTube user I'm sure you're aware of the massive protests in Russia a couple of days ago along with the arrest of Alexei Navalny (who as you know has used YouTube to great effect to communicate with young people in Russia)

Your lack of foresight sickens me.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2017, 12:07:57 PM »
Your lack of foresight sickens me.

your gullibility sickens me

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2017, 12:22:39 PM »
your gullibility sickens me

Even if they do "find something"(they won't) it's not going to matter because nobody believes outlets like CNN(counterfeit news network) and the New York Slimes when they are retracting fake news stories almost daily.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2017, 12:31:49 PM »
Even if they do "find something"(they won't) it's not going to matter because nobody believes outlets like CNN(counterfeit news network) and the New York Slimes when they are retracting fake news stories almost daily.

What stories have they retracted?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2017, 12:43:06 PM »
What stories have they retracted?

I'm too lazy to post the links.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2017, 12:44:21 PM »

LOL - let me guess. You got this information from Twitter and Youtube

Schmuck

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2017, 12:45:24 PM »
I'm too lazy to post the links.

Can't you think of a few off the top of your head?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2017, 12:49:42 PM »
LOL - let me guess. You got this information from Twitter and Youtube

Schmuck

What information?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2017, 12:53:00 PM »
What information?

?

you can't read your own post to which I replied?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2017, 12:55:54 PM »
?

you can't read your own post to which I replied?

I have no idea what you're talking about.