Author Topic: About the shooter..  (Read 13980 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: About the shooter..
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2017, 05:36:54 PM »
Considering that a hugely disproportionate amount of gun violence takes place in black neighborhoods, how exactly do you expect to get all these guns off the street without some serious violations of civil rights and a racially targeted police policy?

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/year-end-2016-enforcement-report.pdf

"The race/ethnicity of known Shooting suspects is most frequently Black (70.7%). Hispanic suspects accounted for an additional (26.9%) of all suspects. White suspects (1.9%) and Asian/Pacific Islander suspects (0.6%) accounted for the remaining portion of known Shooting suspects"

Ban Blackie from Bolt Action Blasters!!!!!
a

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2017, 06:08:00 PM »
In my opinion, the argument that you need armed citizens to stop the bad guys is bullshit. I own quite a few guns, and unless it was life or death and the criminal is aiming his gun at me, I am not randomly shooting into a crowd. Anyone who has ever shot a hand gun can tell you that the accuracy is nowhere near that of a rifle. Shit, I shoot all the time and have a hard time hitting anything small beyond 30-40 feet. Throw in life or death situation and a quick draw, who knows what the fuck you hit.

I have weapons for home protection, fun, hunting, and just in case...the revolution ever comes...

Seriously though, guns are here to stay in the United States and idiots who own them and go on random shooting sprees is just something we will have to deal with, unfortunately.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2017, 08:22:40 PM »
Are you saying there's not?

A ridiculously unprovable assertion, so I'm mocking your guarantee.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2017, 08:31:37 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2017, 09:24:27 PM »

He does look like an economic genius, doesn't he?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2017, 12:06:36 AM »
if having guns freely available makes society safer why do these things happen so frequently in the US are the bad guys just quicker on the draw or something  ???

piaow! piaow! piaow!

If there weren't guns, the crazies would have to resort to impossible things like running people over with vehicles, going on machete rampages, or the ever elusive "bomb at the kids concert" cliche.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2017, 06:24:53 AM »
Nose wider than Heath.

Actually, after many years of searching, I believe we've finally found the guy who isn't wider than Heath:

No wonder he was so angry.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2017, 06:57:30 AM »
In my opinion, the argument that you need armed citizens to stop the bad guys is bullshit. I own quite a few guns, and unless it was life or death and the criminal is aiming his gun at me, I am not randomly shooting into a crowd. Anyone who has ever shot a hand gun can tell you that the accuracy is nowhere near that of a rifle. Shit, I shoot all the time and have a hard time hitting anything small beyond 30-40 feet. Throw in life or death situation and a quick draw, who knows what the fuck you hit.

I have weapons for home protection, fun, hunting, and just in case...the revolution ever comes...

Seriously though, guns are here to stay in the United States and idiots who own them and go on random shooting sprees is just something we will have to deal with, unfortunately.

quite possibly the best post ever in the history of getbig, give this man a fucking medal

Strongmanfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2017, 07:03:28 AM »
We have mass shooting events on an almost daily basis in this country.
Most are barely a blip on the news.  Some guy shot and killed 8 people in Mississippi at the end of May (two weeks ago)
Do you remember that one?

There was a shooting at a UPS facility in San Francisco this morning with 2 people killed

Yep, just another day in America

Not trying to be glib.  Just the fact of the matter

Only using the standard that 4 people is "mass".

Most are within the African American community.

All races in the USA commit violence at the same rate as Canadians for ion instance.  Canada doesn't have a huge black population to bring up the stats.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2017, 07:08:57 AM »
Ban Democrats

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2017, 07:20:12 AM »
Only using the standard that 4 people is "mass".

Most are within the African American community.

All races in the USA commit violence at the same rate as Canadians for ion instance.  Canada doesn't have a huge black population to bring up the stats.

gang related shootings are excluded from mass shooting statics

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2017, 07:23:54 AM »
If you'd just "looked around the corner" then it means you probably don't know what's going on, and should immediately take cover action. piaow! piaow! piaow!

Strongmanfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2017, 07:32:40 AM »
He does look like an economic genius, doesn't he?

LOL, yeah.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2017, 07:45:59 AM »
gang related shootings are excluded from mass shooting statics
Which stats are you talking about?  They seem to change depending on what the intent of them is.  If they want to say there's a mass shooting every day in the US, they include gang shootings, if they want to show that a higher % of perpetrators of mass shootings are white, they pull out the gang shootings.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2017, 07:49:25 AM »
We have mass shooting events on an almost daily basis in this country.
Most are barely a blip on the news.  Some guy shot and killed 8 people in Mississippi at the end of May (two weeks ago)
Do you remember that one?

There was a shooting at a UPS facility in San Francisco this morning with 2 people killed

Yep, just another day in America

Not trying to be glib.  Just the fact of the matter

Pretty low numbers considering the US population is over 321.4 million.
S

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2017, 08:03:29 AM »
Pretty low numbers considering the US population is over 321.4 million.

And when you consider that anyone who has ever had a job has probably had a beef with a coworker.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
How to fix a trafficlight in Prussia
http://i.imgur.com/X5luBuh.gif
Q

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2017, 09:00:33 AM »
 I feel that shooting yesterday was an inside job. Someone had to have given him a heads up about where and when that practice was.

No comments from Clinton or Obama

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2017, 09:04:22 AM »
the guy hung out at the Y before the shooting = getbigger

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2017, 11:33:37 AM »
And when you consider that anyone who has ever had a job has probably had a beef with a coworker.

YES lol
S

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2017, 11:43:28 AM »
Does VA have conceal carry law?

Yes.

They also have an open carry law that allows any open carry as long as the weapon is legal.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »

Exactly. I have tons of guns. In both of my residences. Unless I know the situation, or am in imminent danger myself, I am not just going to go shooting someone.

A lot of this is red herring stuff though.

Odds are, if someone is randomly shooting everyone in the area, he's the only one, and you know he's the bad guy.

The opportunities for anyone to be the armed savior of a group of people are very very VERY small.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2017, 11:56:55 AM »
I feel that shooting yesterday was an inside job. Someone had to have given him a heads up about where and when that practice was.

No comments from Clinton or Obama

Inside job, so the Republican Party was behind it?

Another good call Dum Dum.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2017, 12:05:02 PM »

I don't think anyone is suggesting that armed citizens should start "randomly shooting into a crowd". 

Also, modern handguns are plenty accurate.  Self defense shootings happen at very close distances anyway, you don't need a rifle.

Keep in mind that not everyone is like you.  There are a lot of people that are ready willing and able to defend their fellow citizens if some nut starts shooting at them.

The alternative is to be a sitting duck and not everyone is comfortable with that.  Average police response time is at least 10 to 15 minutes.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2017, 01:22:20 PM »
Inside job, so the Republican Party was behind it?

Another good call Dum Dum.

Nice spin. You must be the new CNN correspondent