Author Topic: KEVIN LEVRONE - Gives Reasons For Not Competing In Mr. Olympia 2017  (Read 5001 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Levrone's brother just died a few days ago. Pretty sad stuff.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: KEVIN LEVRONE - Gives Reasons For Not Competing In Mr. Olympia 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:54:11 PM »
I did not bother to even listen or watch the video, as the title of this thread is wrong! Am I the only one missing something here????????? Kevin did not qualify to compete in an Olympia!!!!!Errrr... He should not have even been given a special invite the first time after a 80 year layoff of not competing. (I know, legend so?) He has not competed since his gift to compete in last years Olympia in which he placed dead last, and the men's pyhsique competitors were bigger and in better shape. So I've been saying this for so long now. Levrone has to qualify to compete in the O by placing in the top 3 of a pro show. Am I wrong about this? (does Levrone get a lifetime pass to compete? I should think not. Reality has set into Kevin. He will never place top 10 in a pro BB contest ever again! EVER!!!!  ::) FFS! Let it go. Now we have Flex? Lol. That will be a train wreck an tarnish his great legacy. But at least he has the sense to compete in Men's pyhsique! Not even the Classic BB. That tells you a lot. Flex will even place dead last there too! Anyway.... :P

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 09:25:32 PM »
Levrone's brother just died a few days ago. Pretty sad stuff.

Hmm... I'm getting that distinct Levrone bullshit smell regarding these circumstances. His lack of emotional reaction when discussing his brother's passing, the continued evasive nature to what should be straightforward queries....

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 09:42:13 PM »
Hmm... I'm getting that distinct Levrone bullshit smell regarding these circumstances. His lack of emotional reaction when discussing his brother's passing, the continued evasive nature to what should be straightforward queries....

Exactly.  I doubt they were even close. 

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 09:50:10 PM »
I did not bother to even listen or watch the video, as the title of this thread is wrong! Am I the only one missing something here????????? Kevin did not qualify to compete in an Olympia!!!!!Errrr... He should not have even been given a special invite the first time after a 80 year layoff of not competing. (I know, legend so?) He has not competed since his gift to compete in last years Olympia in which he placed dead last, and the men's pyhsique competitors were bigger and in better shape. So I've been saying this for so long now. Levrone has to qualify to compete in the O by placing in the top 3 of a pro show. Am I wrong about this? (does Levrone get a lifetime pass to compete? I should think not. Reality has set into Kevin. He will never place top 10 in a pro BB contest ever again! EVER!!!!  ::) FFS! Let it go. Now we have Flex? Lol. That will be a train wreck an tarnish his great legacy. But at least he has the sense to compete in Men's pyhsique! Not even the Classic BB. That tells you a lot. Flex will even place dead last there too! Anyway.... :P

I'm pretty sure flex is competing in classic bbing

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 10:17:34 PM »
Flex is classic for sure

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 10:39:00 PM »
3 reps with 450 pound on the bench is not bad, but I doubt he will last if he continue training like this, he want more, and won't stop until he hurt himself again...

Phil Heath is up for 280bw now...just a side note, he will be bigger freakier than ever...

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 01:13:28 AM »

""Levrone has to qualify to compete in the O by placing in the top 3 of a pro show""   He has to win a small pro show to qualify for the O-  top 3 doesn't qualify him in any show.

""Now we have Flex? Lol. That will be a train wreck an tarnish his great legacy. But at least he has the sense to compete in Men's pyhsique! Not even the Classic BB. That tells you a lot. Flex will even place dead last there too! Anyway""
Flex in mens physique ???  Flex will be in Classic BB . Unless Ninjas get him.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 01:44:44 AM »
Sorry, but most pro's are full of bs and lies. Sort of comes with the sport it seems

Very hard to believe any remarks or interviews by these guys.....

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 02:06:20 AM »
You can always look it up.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 05:34:34 AM »
well, you cannot judge someone's Grief based on emotions alone.....people have different ways of dealing with their grieves, I wouldn't say he's bullshitting

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 06:23:56 AM »
I've known some bodybuilders who are so focused and committed to winning that even the death of family members won't deter them from competition.

Many compete in memory of the deceased's honor.

Kevin lacks this gene.

Sad news and I wish him and his family well.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 06:37:19 AM »
 ""Levrone has to qualify to compete in the O by placing in the top 3 of a pro show""   He has to win a small pro show to qualify for the O-  top 3 doesn't qualify him in any show.

""Now we have Flex? Lol. That will be a train wreck an tarnish his great legacy. But at least he has the sense to compete in Men's pyhsique! Not even the Classic BB. That tells you a lot. Flex will even place dead last there too! Anyway""
Flex in mens physique ???  Flex will be in Classic BB . Unless Ninjas get him.

Umm, no he has to compete and gain points. He doesn't have to win top 3 or anything or even win a show - just gain the points needed to compete at the Olympia.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 07:39:38 AM »
Was he even qualified or have a special invite to this years Olympia?
99% of people don't have the luxury of stopping everything to deal with bereavement, most of us still have to get up and go to work ect and get on with life.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 03:19:28 PM »
3 reps with 450 pound on the bench is not bad, but I doubt he will last if he continue training like this, he want more, and won't stop until he hurt himself again...

Phil Heath is up for 280bw now...just a side note, he will be bigger freakier than ever...

No he won't. He'll look the same as he did last year.

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 03:28:00 PM »
No he won't. He'll look the same as he did last year.

Bearing in mind hes never been as good as his first win I suspect he will look worse than last year.

For me this was heaths best

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 03:30:28 PM »
Bearing in mind hes never been as good as his first win I suspect he will look worse than last year.

For me this was heaths best

Agreed, unless he found a new drug he won't look any different. They all claim better than ever every year.  ::)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 03:51:01 PM »
Agreed, unless he found a new drug he won't look any different. They all claim better than ever every year.  ::)

What did cutler do different in 2009? Arguably his best look since 2001