Author Topic: Levrone up for 500 bench  (Read 16426 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Levrone up for 500 bench
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 03:52:36 PM »
According to the getbig experts, he is moments away from injuring himself, training heavy.

I mean, it's been six months of him training heavy but to be clear, getbig experts know that you can't train heavy if you're age 50+.  It's a fact.

::)

He already did, his knees are already feeling it

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2017, 04:27:57 AM »
He already did, his knees are already feeling it

Should I ignore the recent 5 plate squat video on Kevin's IG?

Like I said it doesn't take rocket science to figure out heavy consistent lifting is not good for the body long term if your goal is bodybuilding and not strength building  ::) and as u age injuries become more apparent from heavy lifting then compared to Phil, jay, dex type training pump sets

What's so hard to understand? That was what your question was about

U are a real imbecile, so go figure

I missed that one.  You definitely pegged me.  I am definitely a real imbecile.  I asked for proof and I got it: because getbig experts said it happened to a few pros.

Quite right, no science needed because it doesn't take science pertaining to rocket propulsion.

I will try to learn to not question the getbig expert's fabulous foundry of knowledge, hereafter. 

Getbig experts are the oracles and the heralds of all things to come.  May I never question their eternal wisdom, again.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2017, 04:38:10 AM »
Maybe if he stopped training do stupid heavy for his age he would actually get his physique back, like perhaps instead of ego reps with 4-5 plate squats/benches do 315 for 15-20 reps sets

That shit may have worked for him in his 30's but he aint 30 anymore, just killing his joints and stimulating fuck all.

he should look at how dex and the other forty soemthings are training and still competing sucessfully
"

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2017, 05:19:49 AM »
Maybe if he stopped training do stupid heavy for his age he would actually get his physique back, like perhaps instead of ego reps with 4-5 plate squats/benches do 315 for 15-20 reps sets

That shit may have worked for him in his 30's but he aint 30 anymore, just killing his joints and stimulating fuck all.

he should look at how dex and the other forty soemthings are training and still competing sucessfully

See this is what I'm talking about Nelson.  People also keep posting stuff like you're saying - but it's not based on any science, it's just your opinion based on other people with different bodies and different histories. 

That's fine, but quite a few of them get real fucking defensive when I say "well hold on, where's the proof about what you're saying?" 

It might be true, but I can't find anybody who is actually doing much more than giving their opinion and these same people give no fucks when they read/listen Levrone saying "I've tried to lift moderate, it doesn't work for me".  They know better.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't read that.  Stated many times by Levrone.  He definitely tried it last year with his legs.

Even if they started out the same, their bodies were conditioned to respond to completely different stimulus. 

Kevin's physique was not built on light lifting.

Dex's physique was not built on heavy lifting.

Is it really that hard for people to think that some people might respond better (or more specifically, get back to peak condition) to heavier weight than moderate weight for lots of reps?  I mean, we're talking about a lot of variables, here.

Is it really that hard for people to think that maybe, being 50 and that type of person might not be certain doom?

There are fine margins in play, here - these people are drugged to the gills and they are looking for an edge.   If moderate weights is less effective for someone, they're fucked doing moderate weights.  It won't work.

To me, improvement is in the eye of the beholder and the person who is doing it knows what works for them.  You can feel it.  You know when you are on the right path.  Levrone says he has tried moderate weights and it doesn't work for him.  I believe Levrone, not the internet experts :)

I would bet a little of my money that people that cite moderate weights are more often than not, disciples of that particular way of lifting.  Weight training is full of people who use their own personal experience (or a few other examples) as science.  Basile believes you are in peril if you do heavy deadlifting.. because he tore a bicep doing deadlifting.  Shit like that. 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2017, 05:51:50 AM »
See this is what I'm talking about Nelson.  People also keep posting stuff like you're saying - but it's not based on any science, it's just your opinion based on other people with different bodies and different histories. 

That's fine, but quite a few of them get real fucking defensive when I say "well hold on, where's the proof about what you're saying?" 

It might be true, but I can't find anybody who is actually doing much more than giving their opinion and these same people give no fucks when they read/listen Levrone saying "I've tried to lift moderate, it doesn't work for me".  They know better.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't read that.  Stated many times by Levrone.  He definitely tried it last year with his legs.

Even if they started out the same, their bodies were conditioned to respond to completely different stimulus. 

Is it really that hard for people to think that some people might respond better (or more specifically, get back to peak condition) to heavier weight than moderate weight for lots of reps?  I mean, we're talking about a lot of variables, here.

Is it really that hard for people to think that maybe, being 50 and that type of person might not be certain doom?

There are fine margins in play, here - these people are drugged to the gills and they are looking for an edge.   If moderate weights is less effective for someone, they're fucked doing moderate weights.  It won't work.

To me, improvement is in the eye of the beholder and the person who is doing it knows what works for them.  You can feel it.  You know when you are on the right path.  Levrone says he has tried moderate weights and it doesn't work for him.  I believe Levrone, not the internet experts :)

I would bet a little of my money that people that cite moderate weights are more often than not, disciples of that particular way of lifting.  Weight training is full of people who use their own personal experience (or a few other examples) as science.  Basile believes you are in peril if you do heavy deadlifting.. because he tore a bicep doing deadlifting.  Shit like that. 

I agree with you bro, Kevin is lifting way to heavy for his age. Ego training. He should train humblely. He needs to think about being on stage for the fans.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2017, 06:03:25 AM »
I smell a forced permanent retirement from competing. ::)

Explorerspl

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2017, 07:35:08 AM »

Lifting heavy like this for Kevin is certain doom, tore his pec doing this shit in the 90s in his prime, he claimed to tweak it last year,  fucked up his back in his prime with heavy squats. He also claimed his knees were bad from heavy lifting last year so he got these shots he's been getting.

It's just progressive overload to grow and always has been. Are you aware that you can lift heavy for a set of 6-12 and increase the weight over time? That works for everyone, no one on the planet ONLY responds to heavy was sets of 3-5

Kevin is showing these heavy lifts to stay relevant because his body isn't getting any better, not because it works better for him.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2017, 08:23:19 AM »
Should I ignore the recent 5 plate squat video on Kevin's IG?

I missed that one.  You definitely pegged me.  I am definitely a real imbecile.  I asked for proof and I got it: because getbig experts said it happened to a few pros.

Quite right, no science needed because it doesn't take science pertaining to rocket propulsion.

I will try to learn to not question the getbig expert's fabulous foundry of knowledge, hereafter.  

Getbig experts are the oracles and the heralds of all things to come.  May I never question their eternal wisdom, again.

Kevin's injuries through the years of heavy lifting, possibly more

Pec tear
Tricep tear
Lat tear
Knee pain
Lower back pain

It's not getbig experts, it's common sense, with age comes more prone to being injured, what don't u get?

Wow, he's doing 5 plates ::) yeah and his knees are getting injections with plasma just so he can squat

We shall see if those 5 plate squats do anything for his legs at this point

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2017, 08:24:12 AM »
Lifting heavy like this for Kevin is certain doom, tore his pec doing this shit in the 90s in his prime, he claimed to tweak it last year,  fucked up his back in his prime with heavy squats. He also claimed his knees were bad from heavy lifting last year so he got these shots he's been getting.

It's just progressive overload to grow and always has been. Are you aware that you can lift heavy for a set of 6-12 and increase the weight over time? That works for everyone, no one on the planet ONLY responds to heavy was sets of 3-5

Kevin is showing these heavy lifts to stay relevant because his body isn't getting any better, not because it works better for him.

Finally someone with some sense

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »
See this is what I'm talking about Nelson.  People also keep posting stuff like you're saying - but it's not based on any science, it's just your opinion based on other people with different bodies and different histories.  

It might be true, but I can't find anybody who is actually doing much more than giving their opinion and these same people give no fucks when they read/listen Levrone saying "I've tried to lift moderate, it doesn't work for me".  They know better.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't read that.  Stated many times by Levrone.  He definitely tried it last year with his legs.

Is it really that hard for people to think that some people might respond better (or more specifically, get back to peak condition) to heavier weight than moderate weight for lots of reps?  I mean, we're talking about a lot of variables, here.

There are fine margins in play, here - these people are drugged to the gills and they are looking for an edge.   If moderate weights is less effective for someone, they're fucked doing moderate weights.  It won't work.

To me, improvement is in the eye of the beholder and the person who is doing it knows what works for them.  You can feel it.  You know when you are on the right path.  Levrone says he has tried moderate weights and it doesn't work for him.  I believe Levrone, not the internet experts :)

I would bet a little of my money that people that cite moderate weights are more often than not, disciples of that particular way of lifting.  Weight training is full of people who use their own personal experience (or a few other examples) as science.  Basile believes you are in peril if you do heavy deadlifting.. because he tore a bicep doing deadlifting.  Shit like that.  

Dex's physique and like many pros was built with heavy lifting early on, it's just that dex at his age now is smart to back off for longevity

Haha u haven't been around a lot of pros, have u? Dex was doing 405 bench presses for reps early on his career, so did jay and many others

Through time your body ages, common sense which u don't have, and is more prone to injuries compared to your youth  ::)

Don't know why it's so hard for u to understand

Levrone is hard headed, stubborn, and staying relevant cause heavy lifting is all he has at this point to impress people like u

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2017, 09:42:17 AM »
 I've noticed Kevin uses textbook form,  maybe this is the cause of his injuries?

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »
Yes, the place at which men with no women or not a single woman who wanted to marry them are experts on relationships or preach that women and relationships are not worth anything; childless men are child-raising experts; men of meager means are experts on money management and money making; and men who tried to be or were bodybuilders bash bodybuilding. What an interesting place!

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Getbig is just the extreme of that.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 03:04:10 PM »
Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Getbig is just the extreme of that.

Let's get rid of all the teachers in the world, and let everyone teach themselves. Let's see how well that would work. Not a teacher either.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2017, 03:11:08 PM »
Let's get rid of all the teachers in the world, and let everyone teach themselves. Let's see how well that would work. Not a teacher either.
Many Greeks learned from Play Doh, and they turned out just fine.

Simple Simon

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »
Many Greeks learned from Play Doh, and they turned out just fine.

James Dean set a bad example to playdoh..

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2017, 03:26:46 PM »
James Dean set a bad example to playdoh..
This post is a car crash.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2017, 04:39:36 PM »
I've noticed Kevin uses textbook form,  maybe this is the cause of his injuries?

T

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2017, 04:41:04 PM »
I doubt Kevin has ever read a textbook.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2017, 06:45:43 PM »
500 without a hint of leg drive or an arch, i almost want to claim fake weights

Anyone know the name of the gym in the video? Looks like there's about 5 different brand of 45 pound plates in that short video alone. Jesus.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2017, 11:33:09 PM »

Dex's physique and like many pros was built with heavy lifting early on, it's just that dex at his age now is smart to back off for longevity

Haha u haven't been around a lot of pros, have u? Dex was doing 405 bench presses for reps early on his career, so did jay and many others

Through time your body ages, common sense which u don't have, and is more prone to injuries compared to your youth  ::)

Don't know why it's so hard for u to understand

Levrone is hard headed, stubborn, and staying relevant cause heavy lifting is all he has at this point to impress people like u

You're a classic getbig expert.  Full of knowledge and advices for everybody, without really actually having much science to back yourself up.   I asked for it.  You say Dexter Jackson does this and fall back behind insults to mask your tenuous grip on what is actually evidence.

Go on youtube and search for 70 year old with "bench press" or "deadlift" or "squat".

All doomed individuals.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2017, 11:35:32 PM »
Kevin's injuries through the years of heavy lifting, possibly more

Pec tear
Tricep tear
Lat tear
Knee pain
Lower back pain

This was awesome, by the way - you were really struggling, there at the end, weren't you?  Lower back pain.. hilarious.

You miss the point by a long way.  If Kevin can't get big from training moderately, Kevin has to lift heavy.  If he fails, he fails.  That's the cost of doing business.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2017, 11:47:45 PM »

Do you not think that the fact his bench and squat have gone up that it might indicate that his body has improved?

As for the rest of your post.  I do not think that Kevin is doing big 1RM's all the time.  He is at a powerlifting type gym and they would be doing some overload. 

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2017, 02:02:20 AM »
This was awesome, by the way - you were really struggling, there at the end, weren't you?  Lower back pain.. hilarious.

You miss the point by a long way.  If Kevin can't get big from training moderately, Kevin has to lift heavy.  If he fails, he fails.  That's the cost of doing business.

U are really a fucking moron

I've seen a lot of these pros in person train, mainly dexter the past 8 years when I'm in California

No point even debating with u

U are a hilarious individual, what's so hard to understanding? I'm asking u

Dexter lifted heavy in his younger years, he is nearing 50, u stated dex trained light, he trained heavy during his younger years and backed off the last 10 years for longevity, straight from his mouth he trains smart these days and doesn't lift heavy

Seems like u can't grasp that knowledge, its common sense

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2017, 02:05:34 AM »
This was awesome, by the way - you were really struggling, there at the end, weren't you?  Lower back pain.. hilarious.

You miss the point by a long way.  If Kevin can't get big from training moderately, Kevin has to lift heavy.  If he fails, he fails.  That's the cost of doing business.

Kevin stated himself he had lower back pain and hasn't squatted in years  ::) look it up

U must be a newbie that still believes some pros are natural, so go figure

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2017, 03:09:39 AM »
Funny thing he could just do a random high volume pump workout and get the same results considering his genetic gifts.
Hes already busted up everywhere I dont get the point of doing further unessessary damage.