Author Topic: finished up my bulk and now it's time to diet down  (Read 20596 times)

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
Re: finished up my bulk and now it's time to diet down
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 10:00:40 AM »
it would be impossible for me to train only 3-4 days per week

if I did that I'd probably go.back to the bottle (been sober now going on 5 year)

it's better to train everyday than to drink everyday

I train on a 3-way split chest/bi/back repeat

today I did bis 2 sets of preacher curl to failure and 2 sets of concentration curl til failure and that's the whole workout

Mike Mentzer sstyle  8)
Is there a reason why you wore size 50 shorts for your photo, or were you stricken with polio?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 10:03:04 AM »
Why did you gain all that fat?

good q

i guess I'm a bit of  a dumbass

or it could be JM Blakeys influence on me, he had me on 5 grand cals a day and my body weightwent from 146 to 190 sand bf from 7.5 to 19.7 in only 10 weeks

he is world famous and knows his stuff I guess

he would say... "you must bathe the cell in nutrients"

the are lots of links on his diet style on the net

another famous aayimg he had was.... "to beat the man you gotta out eat the man"  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 10:03:55 AM »
I thought you did not count macros, only calories?

Hell you are famous for it
I don`t count macros, only calories and have always said first and foremost, get the Protein that you require.  The carbs and fats will not matter and will fall into place by default if you are eating in a perfect range, whether it is for getting ripped, maintenance or just a little bit above maintenance.  You should NEVER get too far from your maintenance for long periods of time.  Your only justification for it should be for pleasure as there is no benefit unless you just want to be fatter.  

So yeah, you do not have to count Macros at all.  Just calories and get your protein that you need and you are good to go.  Simple as that.

And stop training like a dumbass.  The goal should be to train effectively and getting the most results out of the least amount of work, otherwise you are just killing yourself, your gains and wasting your time.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 10:07:09 AM »
it would be impossible for me to train only 3-4 days per week

if I did that I'd probably go.back to the bottle (been sober now going on 5 year)

it's better to train everyday than to drink everyday

I train on a 3-way split chest/bi/back repeat

today I did bis 2 sets of preacher curl to failure and 2 sets of concentration curl til failure and that's the whole workout

Mike Mentzer sstyle  8)
Ok, well you can train like that also since you are not doing too much volume.  I thought you were going in there and killing yourself each time.  That could work for sure as long as volume is kept low like that.

Why do you feel the need to drink?  You control your mind.  You can`t drink what you don`t buy.  Address the reason and problem first.  Fix that shit.  Replacing habits is not a true fix.  Its a start, but does not really get at the root cause/problem.  Fix that shit.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2017, 10:33:47 AM »
good q

i guess I'm a bit of  a dumbass

or it could be JM Blakeys influence on me, he had me on 5 grand cals a day and my body weightwent from 146 to 190 sand bf from 7.5 to 19.7 in only 10 weeks

he is world famous and knows his stuff I guess

he would say... "you must bathe the cell in nutrients"

the are lots of links on his diet style on the net

another famous aayimg he had was.... "to beat the man you gotta out eat the man"  ;D

Well no offense to this famous guy but he needs to "bathe" his brain in some knowledge.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2017, 10:35:11 AM »
Ok, well you can train like that also since you are not doing too much volume.  I thought you were going in there and killing yourself each time.  That could work for sure as long as volume is kept low like that.

Why do you feel the need to drink?  You control your mind.  You can`t drink what you don`t buy.  Address the reason and problem first.  Fix that shit.  Replacing habits is not a true fix.  Its a start, but does not really get at the root cause/problem.  Fix that shit.

I'm working on it

and yeah you can train more often if you keep volume low enough

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »
Look here's how this works. You go into the gym you workout you eat correctly you do everything right and within a few years usually less you are done. What I mean is you stop growing, the end. No amounts of switching workouts around or trying these fad diets will bring on anymore muscle size.

Now here is the good news, you can still make a lot more progress. You are not even lean enough to be able to see what you have built. Most people never will be. All they ever do is try for the next gimmick training program or gimmick diet. Being in a small calorie deficit will NOT make you lose muscle so don't even use that as an excuse. Stop being lazy and diet. Pick a training program that you like that won't fuck up your joints or burn you out. If you are going to workout everyday then you should never be in there for more than 40 min max!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2017, 10:43:33 AM »
Well no offense to this famous guy but he needs to "bathe" his brain in some knowledge.

well he has earned a phd and the JM Press is his exercise

but he isn't all knowing as he told me that I only needed 100 grams of protein while dieting and that is wrong as these studies have shown and proven

the first time I used then my bw stayed the same but my comp went from 12 to 7-8

no other drug did that for me, not winny,  not  var,  not mast,  not superdrol,  and not clen or t3

for recomp then is KING hands down,  no other drug can touch it in that regard,  would you agree?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 10:47:14 AM »
Look here's how this works. You go into the gym you workout you eat correctly you do everything right and within a few years usually less you are done. What I mean is you stop growing, the end. No amounts of switching workouts around or trying these fad diets will bring on anymore muscle size.

Now here is the good news, you can still make a lot more progress. You are not even lean enough to be able to see what you have built. Most people never will be. All they ever do is try for the next gimmick training program or gimmick diet. Being in a small calorie deficit will NOT make you lose muscle so don't even use that as an excuse. Stop being lazy and diet. Pick a training program that you like that won't fuck up your joints or burn you out. If you are going to workout everyday then you should never be in there for more than 40 min max!!

good point

now I'm focus in on high reps heavy weight

I can bench 135 to the neck for 25 reps so I want to bring it up to 185 for 25 and that should add something

same for other exercises

Blakely actually said that the key was to lift heavy weights for high reps

he could pull down 300 for 20-25 reps

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 10:50:19 AM »
good point

I can bench 135 to the neck for 25 reps so I want to bring it up to 185 for 25 and that should add something

same for other exercises

Is this a joke? Lift heavy weights for high reps? Isn't that an oxymoron? If you can lift a certain weight for high reps, then by definition, it isn't heavy for you. You are chasing ghosts.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »
good point

same for other exercises

You are still missing the point. Stop thinking that a certain workout is going to make you huge or strong or what ever. You are not even built as good as some of the guys in the 50's and they lifted 3 times a week whole body.

I don't have a PHD or a JM press but I've gotten plenty of guys in shape for shows or photo shoots without fancy workouts and complicated diets. You don't need superdrol anadrol or any kind of drol to get in shape, you just need to diet the fat off first and see where you are at.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 10:53:42 AM »
Is this a joke? Lift heavy weights for high reps? Isn't that an oxymoron? If you can lift a certain weight for high reps, then by definition, it isn't heavy for you. You are chasing ghosts.
YOU will never figure this or outwit dj he's like a rubiks cube except you can actually complete the 'rubiks'

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 10:58:52 AM »
iknow i will upset alot of people on here with what im gonna say and i mean no disrespect. whatever works for you is great. however remember the "high" protein amounts were always from supplement companies trying to convince you you needed alot of protein to grow  etc so you would buy it in supplement form im not saying its not useful. cuz it is to a point. do you need 200 grams? 300? 400? NO. the only thing that keeps you from losing to much muscke while dieting( other than drugs) is working out. you got to do something to make the body repair itself. that means hard workouts . you can keep the calories lower( not starvation) and still lose fat and maintain muscle. when you ingest alot of protein what your doing is really just supplying your body with calories. ( no a calorie is not a calorie)  after your body uses what it needs for repair it will just turn into sugar and use it up or store it depending on how much you ingest.  most men dont need more than about 100 grams a day or less( mostly less) but we have been told for ever we need alot all the time and we think we wont grow if we dont get it. lol. we need nourishnment. thats it. ii myself prefer a keto diet. lots of fats low to moderate protein and as close to zero carbs as i can get. i feel great my strength is awesome and so is my energy levels. i used to think protein protein protein too. but then i cut it out and thoughh oh god im gonna shrink get weak and be a geek. but it didnt happen  also food is always better than supplements. ALWAYS.  you know what your getting with food. supplements its a crap shoot. trainhard 3-4 days a week( split up) keep your calories lower keep carbs out and watch what happens. what ever you do good luck and what works for you may not work for others.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 11:01:55 AM »
You are still missing the point. Stop thinking that a certain workout is going to make you huge or strong or what ever. You are not even built as good as some of the guys in the 50's and they lifted 3 times a week whole body.

I don't have a PHD or a JM press but I've gotten plenty of guys in shape for shows or photo shoots without fancy workouts and complicated diets. You don't need superdrol anadrol or any kind of drol to get in shape, you just need to diet the fat off first and see where you are at.
A game of patience and adherence it all is.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 11:05:08 AM »

thanks for the input Bro as it is greatly appreciated  :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2017, 11:05:10 AM »
iknow i will upset alot of people on here with what im gonna say and i mean no disrespect. whatever works for you is great. however remember the "high" protein amounts were always from supplement companies trying to convince you you needed alot of protein to grow  etc so you would buy it in supplement form im not saying its not useful. cuz it is to a point. do you need 200 grams? 300? 400? NO. the only thing that keeps you from losing to much muscke while dieting( other than drugs) is working out. you got to do something to make the body repair itself. that means hard workouts . you can keep the calories lower( not starvation) and still lose fat and maintain muscle. when you ingest alot of protein what your doing is really just supplying your body with calories. ( no a calorie is not a calorie)  after your body uses what it needs for repair it will just turn into sugar and use it up or store it depending on how much you ingest.  most men dont need more than about 100 grams a day or less( mostly less) but we have been told for ever we need alot all the time and we think we wont grow if we dont get it. lol. we need nourishnment. thats it. ii myself prefer a keto diet. lots of fats low to moderate protein and as close to zero carbs as i can get. i feel great my strength is awesome and so is my energy levels. i used to think protein protein protein too. but then i cut it out and thoughh oh god im gonna shrink get weak and be a geek. but it didnt happen  also food is always better than supplements. ALWAYS.  you know what your getting with food. supplements its a crap shoot. trainhard 3-4 days a week( split up) keep your calories lower keep carbs out and watch what happens. what ever you do good luck and what works for you may not work for others.
I disagree.

I have experimented myself with seeing just how low of protein I could get away with and seeing if just lifting heavy could stave off muscle loss.  Between 50-100 grams for a few months as an experiment and lifting extremely heavy, I ended up around 10-15 lbs less than a previous cut with even a slightly higher bodyfat.

So no, Heavy training alone will not save your muscle.  

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 11:07:59 AM »

Now I'm upset.  >:(   I agree although I would go a little higher in protein depending on how big a person is and if they are using steroids. Also I don't agree that a person has to workout in order to preserve muscle while dieting off fat. If you have someone who  say has 150 pounds of fat to lose and never lifted a weight in his or her life then if they were losing X amount of muscle per  pound of body fat then they would most likely be dead well before that got down to their goal weight.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2017, 11:18:24 AM »
the articles general consensus is bout 1 gram per pound of lean if on a moderate diet and bout 1.5 if the on an extreme diet

Great shorts bro

I would iron them a couple of times a week

You will see a dramatic improvement in their

Appearance
T

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2017, 11:20:26 AM »
Great shorts bro

Appearance
I'm worried about those socks as well...

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2017, 11:21:53 AM »
I'm worried about those socks as well...
I'm more worried about rigor mortis. DJ has the legs of a corpse.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2017, 11:30:11 AM »
when I was ripped my ab sskin fold was 4 mm, now it's 22 mm  :-X

been looking through protein intake articles and the grand concensus is to consume 1 to 1.4 grams of protein for lean bodyweight to preserve muscle

what's your fellas thoughts on that?

as i side note i read an article from the AJ website about Boyer Coe when he was training with AJ and he was only eating 1500 cals, and ray mentzer said he only ate bout 2500 cals while weighing 260  :o
A 5 kilogram baby needs about 600 calories to survive, talk about eating disorder of peace, also unsustainable diet of peace.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2017, 11:32:14 AM »
hmmm so you said it was 10 -15 lbs? well which was it? were you guessing at the fat amount or did you actually do skin folds testing? and why for so many months? unless you were really overweight then you shouldnt need that long to cut. there are alot of variables to this. again i said what works for one may not work for another. people are different. most guys who are bodybuilders usually dont need to lose alot of fat USUALLY.  so yes hard workouts decent nutrition and rest will help preserve muscle. you will NOT preserve every ounce or pound NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. remember there is only 600 calories in a pound of muscle( roughly 150 grams of protein) who can gain a pound a day of muscle NO MATTER how much protein you eat?  10 pounds of real muscle a year after a certain point is a huge amount to gain. so if you dont stimulate the body to get it to keep the muscle you will lose muscle very fast and the fat loss will be slow. fat is the same way sit around all day and do nothing and you wont lose much if any fat. work the body make it do stuff and it will burn fat. or muscle depending on what your doing. you gotta find a balance and what works for you. trial and error

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »
Great shorts bro

Appearance

;D

at least the white hairs from my husky pup aren't visable

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2017, 12:12:14 PM »
oh and as far as losing fat goes diet pwns the living shit out of ttraining

I was sub-5 back in nov/dec and since then I've gained about 20 pounds and my back Iis much broader but most this 20 was probably fat and water, although I did get some very good back strength gains  :'(

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2017, 12:15:50 PM »
You have got to be fucking with us.

Does DJ stand for Delusional Joke?