Author Topic: Easiest Mr. Olympia win  (Read 8262 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Easiest Mr. Olympia win
« on: April 06, 2006, 05:26:37 PM »
I think when Chris Dickerson won the line up must've been the weakest. I mean the guy did look like anything. He had some nice calves to him though.
just push some weight!

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
Re: Easiest Mr. Olympia win
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 05:31:05 PM »
alexxx

shut

the

fucck

up

hope this helps
its comin today

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 05:33:58 PM »
 :-X
just push some weight!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 05:35:37 PM »
In terms of the winner vs the competition, 2003 wins easily:

Ronnie made it look like it was him and a bunch of little boys.

No other olympia win was as decisive as this.

(part of that was due to the decline of the calibre of pros by the mid 2000'2 as compared to the 90's and part of that was the once-in-a-lifetime- combo of size and hardness that Ronnie displayed that day)
Flower Boy Ran Away

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 05:36:52 PM »
haha yes Ronnie makes them all look like they are little 12 year old campers and he is the big bear!!
just push some weight!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 05:37:07 PM »
Actually Chris greats a lot of flack but he had some great legs nevermind just calves , he had a awesome triceps & delts , great balance & proportion , I don't think he should have won based on his elbows looking like that  , Samir in my opinion looked better he was overlooked .

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 05:39:19 PM »
Actually Chris greats a lot of flack but he had some great legs nevermind just calves , he had a awesome triceps & delts , great balance & proportion , I don't think he should have won based on his elbows looking like that  , Samir in my opinion looked better he was overlooked .

His chest is a weak point. For a mr. Olympia a chest is supposed to be meaty!
just push some weight!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 05:45:56 PM »
what about his biceps? they were worse than Dorian's, if you can believe that!
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 06:01:21 PM »
what about his biceps? they were worse than Dorian's, if you can believe that!

Dorian didn't have bad biceps , they just didn't get as big as the rest of him did at higher bodyweights , look at his biceps when he was lighter they were big , they don't lack development .

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 06:04:08 PM »
maybe him doing two sets for biceps a week failed to give his biceps shape

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 06:05:15 PM »
maybe him doing two sets for biceps a week failed to give his biceps shape

No thats just genetics according to doggcrapp!
just push some weight!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 06:05:41 PM »
Dorian didn't have bad biceps , they just didn't get as big as the rest of him did at higher bodyweights
and that makes them bad.. ;)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 06:08:51 PM »
I saw Yates at a 1995 guest posing. He was 300lbs and he had NO weak body parts. He was a bulldog. His shoulders were extermely wide and his quads looked inhuman. His Biceps had to measure close to 23".

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 06:10:43 PM »
and that makes them bad.. ;)

No they don't lack development or shape , unlike Coleman's calves which lack both which make them poor , Ronnie = great biceps , Dorian = good biceps , Chris = poor biceps , its that simple , Dorian = great calves , Chris = great calves , Ronnie = poor calves !!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 06:11:18 PM »
No they don't lack development or shape , unlike Coleman's calves which lack both which make them poor , Ronnie = great biceps , Dorian = good biceps , Chris = poor biceps , its that simple , Dorian = great calves , Chris = great calves , Ronnie = poor calves !!

Which Chris has poor biceps?
just push some weight!

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 06:12:42 PM »
that pic of ronnie above beatin jay.........from the front i think he looks bad.  yes he has the most amount of muscle, but it doesnt look good.  he looks like a distorted blob of shape.  tahts my initial reaction whenever is ee ronnie of the later years. he just looks wrong.  does anyone else feel this way?
Valhalla awaits.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 06:14:35 PM »
Which Chris has poor biceps?

Dickerson

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 06:15:59 PM »
Dickerson

Oh right whew feel so much better now. I though you meant Cormier  >:(  ;D
just push some weight!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 06:29:08 PM »
Oh right whew feel so much better now. I though you meant Cormier  >:(  ;D

Cormiers biceps are not show stoppers. I think That the much smaller Dexter Jackson has bigger arms than Cormier.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 06:38:34 PM »
I think when Chris Dickerson won the line up must've been the weakest. I mean the guy did look like anything. He had some nice calves to him though.

That is Dickerson, but that's certainly not the 1982 Olympia lineup, the year Chris won it.  That pic could even be from a NABBA or WBBG show prior to 1979, when Chris switched to IFBB competition.

Chris beat a long list of bodybuilding luminaries in the '82 Olympia:

1     Chris Dickerson
2     Frank Zane
3     Casey Viator
4     Samir Bannout
5     Albert Beckles
6     Tom Platz
7     Mohamed Makkawy
8     Bertil Fox
9     Johnny Fuller
10     Jusup Wilkosz
11     Boyer Coe
12     Danny Padilla
13     Jacques Neuville
14     Dennis Tinerino
15     Lance Dreher
16     Roger Walker

Info courtesy of www.musclememory.com

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 06:59:43 PM »
Cormiers biceps are not show stoppers. I think That the much smaller Dexter Jackson has bigger arms than Cormier.

You where saying?
just push some weight!

GMCtrk

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 07:41:20 PM »
Dorian didn't have bad biceps , they just didn't get as big as the rest of him did at higher bodyweights , look at his biceps when he was lighter they were big , they don't lack development .

fuck. that last shot of Dorian's should put to rest that he had "shitty" biceps. That bicep right there is bigger than Hulkster's head.

Another reason of the perception of "small" biceps on Yates is the fact that basically all his competition was shooting up with shit, be it synthol or esiclene, neither of which Yates used. Hell, Yates didn't even bother with any of that crap (including diuretics) he called it "voodoo" methods to get ready for show.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 08:10:44 PM »
f**k. that last shot of Dorian's should put to rest that he had "shitty" biceps. That bicep right there is bigger than Hulkster's head.

Another reason of the perception of "small" biceps on Yates is the fact that basically all his competition was shooting up with shit, be it synthol or esiclene, neither of which Yates used. Hell, Yates didn't even bother with any of that crap (including diuretics) he called it "voodoo" methods to get ready for show.

so you're sayin yates didnt use duretics and his skin looked like a dead's man skin due to voodo methods?  his skin was paper thin due to voodoo methods and not due to gh and duretics? um ok..he also didnt take that halo, winny, var, masteron combos...it was all praying and voodoo magic..um k and the parabolan he used that was still the french amps were all little voodoo dolls that he used to pray to....

interesting look at things ;)
fallen angel

GMCtrk

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 08:14:07 PM »
so you're sayin yates didnt use duretics and his skin looked like a dead's man skin due to voodo methods?  his skin was paper thin due to voodoo methods and not due to gh and duretics? um ok..he also didnt take that halo, winny, var, masteron combos...it was all praying and voodoo magic..um k and the parabolan he used that was still the french amps were all little voodoo dolls that he used to pray to....

I'm going based on what Dorian said in the bfto '96 tape, and Peter McGough's words (he spend a lot of time with Dorian). In '96 when they started the diuretic testing, he condition didn't change one bit.

Dorian said when he came over to America for the olympia 2 weeks out he was basically in contest shape and then he could really fine tune it to get that dry, grainy look. Who knows if the man used diuretics, I don't know, but I trust his word, especially since he shows no signs at all, and has never been called out on esiclene or synthol usage.,

GMCtrk

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 08:15:49 PM »

NO. let me try and re-state. Dorian called last minute, crash dieting and cardio, along with the last minute use of diuretics to rid the water, "voodoo"