Author Topic: Loser Democrats Lose Again: Republican Wins U.S. House Seat in South Carolina  (Read 3440 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Election Results: Republican Wins U.S. House Seat in South Carolina

BY THE NEW YORK TIMES LIVE 9:20:28 PM ET

Ralph Norman, a Republican and a former state representative, defeated Archie Parnell, a Democrat and a wealthy former banker, in a South Carolina special election on Tuesday for a U.S. House seat vacated by Mick Mulvaney, now director of the Office of Management and Budget.

Mr. Norman was expected to have an advantage over Mr. Parnell. The race did not receive the same national focus as special elections in Georgia and Montana.

The Fifth District was redrawn to heavily favor Republicans after the 2010 elections. Mr. Mulvaney won his three re-election campaigns easily.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Election Results: Republican Wins U.S. House Seat in South Carolina

BY THE NEW YORK TIMES LIVE 9:20:28 PM ET

Ralph Norman, a Republican and a former state representative, defeated Archie Parnell, a Democrat and a wealthy former banker, in a South Carolina special election on Tuesday for a U.S. House seat vacated by Mick Mulvaney, now director of the Office of Management and Budget.

Mr. Norman was expected to have an advantage over Mr. Parnell. The race did not receive the same national focus as special elections in Georgia and Montana.

The Fifth District was redrawn to heavily favor Republicans after the 2010 elections. Mr. Mulvaney won his three re-election campaigns easily.

Hmm, where have we heard this before?

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

After spending an all time record amount of money the Democrats are currently down 6 points in the Georgia race.

UPDATE 9:16 P.M.

Handel opens up a nearly six-point lead now, as things looking bleaker in Georgia for the Democrats. Her 52.6 percent with 96,130 votes leads Ossoff’s 47.4 percent with 86,531 votes, per Decision Desk HQ. Not good for Democrats right now. Our Democrat friend at Ossoff’s HQ tells us that “I love the sofa pundits on Twitter who are saying the Dem Party is done if we lose. This district wasn’t even supposed to be in play. The fact that we are playing it close in deep red districts should make them [worry] heading into 2018.” But Ossoff being down 6 points in Fulton County is not a good spot to be.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
A couple interesting tweets in reference to the losing Democrat candidate.

Jon Ossoff basically told us 2 things.
1. Vote for me because "Trump"
2. Have your phones already out for pics, we only have 5 minutes left.

3:45 PM - 20 Jun 2017
  140 140 Retweets   322 322 likes

(🕋)
We're a marginalized community, not some White Democrat's props. You dont get to throw us a guest appearance, 0 promises, and get our votes.  …
4:11 PM - 20 Jun 2017

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
After spending an all time record amount of money the Democrats are currently down 6 points in the Georgia race.

UPDATE 9:16 P.M.

Handel opens up a nearly six-point lead now, as things looking bleaker in Georgia for the Democrats. Her 52.6 percent with 96,130 votes leads Ossoff’s 47.4 percent with 86,531 votes, per Decision Desk HQ. Not good for Democrats right now. Our Democrat friend at Ossoff’s HQ tells us that “I love the sofa pundits on Twitter who are saying the Dem Party is done if we lose. This district wasn’t even supposed to be in play. The fact that we are playing it close in deep red districts should make them [worry] heading into 2018.” But Ossoff being down 6 points in Fulton County is not a good spot to be.

This seat has been held by Repubs since 1979 and should have been a cake walk for Handel

Bragging about winning is like a NBA team bragging about beating an 8th grade team

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
This seat has been held by Repubs since 1979 and should have been a cake walk for Handel

Bragging about winning is like a NBA team bragging about beating an 8th grade team

Good job reading the newly printed talking points, hot off the press!

mazrim

• Getbig V

Good job reading the newly printed talking points, hot off the press!
Lol. Yep, all these elections were going to be an indictment on Trump.....until they lost them.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me

Today's Republican victories are further Proof that Hollywood perverts have no influence on U.S. politics outside of one queer little LA county

MAGA bitches!!!!!!

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Winning!

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
Hmm, where have we heard this before?

A pic of an entire liberal fake news network getting their shit pushed in......priceless

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
The Republican party is dead, you fools.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie

First ever woman to win that seat though. So it is like a WNBA team, you misogynistic asswipe.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS SSSSSSSSSSSS QUEEN!!!!!!! SLAY!!!!!!!!!!!
a

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The SC race was  1% closer then the Ga 6th and they spent 1% the $$ LOL.

I think this proves what many of us have seen for years.
Most people are not that involved or only hearing their side.
The hardcore Trump crowd ONLY reads sources like brietbart and watches FOX news.
The liberals tend to watch CNN , MSNBC and read the NY Times.

I've watched my share of Fox and have a middle aged crush on Martha MaCallum :-*
She's quite pretty, and very fair in how she covers things.
They don't lie on Fox-news , but most Fox reporters, are selective in what they cover and avoid.

I see the same thing on most of MSNBC's coverage.
They don't lie either, but they tend to give more coverage on issues they want to get out.

If you don't put it on air, you don't need to lie about it.

I crave getting an outline of basic , overall facts BEFORE any opinion/analysis.
LOL, I guess that doesn't make entertaining news and is boring for most, like basic physics  ;D

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
The SC race was  1% closer then the Ga 6th and they spent 1% the $$ LOL.

I think this proves what many of us have seen for years.
Most people are not that involved or only hearing their side.
The hardcore Trump crowd ONLY reads sources like brietbart and watches FOX news.
The liberals tend to watch CNN , MSNBC and read the NY Times.

I've watched my share of Fox and have a middle aged crush on Martha MaCallum :-*
She's quite pretty, and very fair in how she covers things.
They don't lie on Fox-news , but most Fox reporters, are selective in what they cover and avoid.

I see the same thing on most of MSNBC's coverage.
They don't lie either, but they tend to give more coverage on issues they want to get out.

If you don't put it on air, you don't need to lie about it.

I crave getting an outline of basic , overall facts BEFORE any opinion/analysis.
LOL, I guess that doesn't make entertaining news and is boring for most, like basic physics  ;D

Are you trying to say Rachel Maddow and Don Lemmon are honest and fair?

Kill yourself dickweed.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
First ever woman to win that seat though. So it is like a WNBA team, you misogynistic asswipe.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS SSSSSSSSSSSS QUEEN!!!!!!! SLAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the asswipes in this state have finally caught up to the 1970's or maybe the 1960's and  managed to get a woman elected to office and in a district that was redrawn to heavily favor Republicans after the 2010 elections.

Wow, something to be proud about

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
I guess the asswipes in this state have finally caught up to the 1970's or maybe the 1960's and  managed to get a woman elected to office and in a district that was redrawn to heavily favor Republicans after the 2010 elections.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie

Then why in the world would Democrats throw record amounts of money for a seat they knew they had no shot in hell of winning?

Economics 101
a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Then why in the world would Democrats throw record amounts of money for a seat they knew they had no shot in hell of winning?

Economics 101

Why not

BTW- there is no economics in campaign spending.  

No one gets an ROI in monetary terms.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Why not

BTW- there is no economics in campaign spending. 

No one get's an ROI in monetary terms.

But apparently DNC members aren't donating to lost causes.

Only $4mil last month. SAD!
a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
But apparently DNC members aren't donating to lost causes.

Only $4mil last month. SAD!

Dems won't get engaged until the Repubs bring the country to the brink of disaster...again

With Trumptard in charge and half his government still empty he might actually be able to break Bush's record in fucking things up.  He's already broken the record for shortest time to lowest approval rating so he's on track

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
Dems won't get engaged until the Repubs bring the country to the brink of disaster...again

With Trumptard in charge and half his government still empty he might actually be able to break Bush's record in fucking things up.  He's already broken the record for shortest time to lowest approval rating so he's on track

"Impea fowty fie"

"Impea fowty fie"

Hahahahaha