Author Topic: President calls for barring immigrants from welfare for five years  (Read 11690 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: President calls for barring immigrants from welfare for five years
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2017, 06:39:50 PM »
Raise the minimum wage to a livable wage and those mostly entry level workers won't need welfare to get by. I believe there is a requirement that immigrants must have a sponsor in order to enter the United States legally.

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary/sponsor

Minimum wage jobs are for teenagers and people who made poor life decisions early in life. Seriously, I start my people out at $12.00 and hour which is above Davis Bacon wage for laborer. You don't even have to have skill to start working for me. I have guys clocking 55 hour weeks regularly and make a living.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2017, 06:50:14 AM »
Mandatory birth control is not a good idea.  A better way to accomplish what you want is to simply not expand benefits for someone who has a kid while on public assistance.  But no way your party would ever support anything like that. 

For welfare enrollment it is a good idea.  Not that either party will be on board for it like you say.  But simply stating that benefits will not be expanded or continued if you give birth will not deter most.  They already know they will be taken care of. 

Re : vasectomies...   not a good idea because that is mostly permanent.  (Yes some still produce pregnancies and the reversal rate down the road - surgically - is high, but overall.. pretty permanent).  Female birth control implants are a much better solution.

An x-ray tech here at work actually was court ordered to have a 4 implant put in her armpit after her 3rd divorce and 5th child.  She is 24 years old.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2017, 10:34:06 AM »
Yes.  I'm telling you that they're (yet another) example of corporations imposing their bullshit on society, and doing so while calling themselves "Public TV" and that's why they're disgraceful and a bad joke.

Let's see.  Have you ever wondered why so many PBS shows narrate and make stories for the parasitical super-wealthy, past AND present?  Royal Families, Industrial Barons, Political Dynasties -- Aristocrats of all sorts?

Why do you suppose that is, when our society has tried so hard to right itself from that influence?  What could it be, to cause them to so desperately want to "humanize" these individuals and make them palatable, often so falsely?

Why would "Public Television" have an interest in doing that, I ask you.  Do you believe they're "giving us what we want", as claimed by all of MSM?

Have you ever contributed to PBS? PBS relies on donations to survive.

Check this out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/pbs-fires-back-at-trump’s-budget-elimination-costs-small-benefits-tangible/ar-BBycmIu?li=AA2qN5v&ocid=spartandhp

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2017, 10:55:47 AM »
Minimum wage jobs are for teenagers and people who made poor life decisions early in life. Seriously, I start my people out at $12.00 and hour which is above Davis Bacon wage for laborer. You don't even have to have skill to start working for me. I have guys clocking 55 hour weeks regularly and make a living.

Do you pay overtime? Do you provide benefits, such as sick leave, health insurance and vacation. Your employees making $12 an hour working full time make about $25,000 a year or twice the FPL for a single person. Here is a link to the current cost of living in Portland, OR. Obviously cost of living varies from place to place. What is it were you are?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2017, 09:57:00 AM »
Do you pay overtime? Do you provide benefits, such as sick leave, health insurance and vacation. Your employees making $12 an hour working full time make about $25,000 a year or twice the FPL for a single person. Here is a link to the current cost of living in Portland, OR. Obviously cost of living varies from place to place. What is it were you are?

They get OT, ten days paid time off, all six major holidays and then some. I also pay half of their healthcare. I didn't see your link so I can't compare.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2017, 10:34:31 AM »
I actually stunned as I read your response

It seems you've not only decided that PBS is a joke because they air extremely popular dramas about subject that you don't like but that you're also utterly clueless about their other programming.

Here is a short list of shows that have no parallel on commercial television

Frontline
NOVA
The News Hour
Nightly Business Report
BBC World News

Many other documentaries and shows done by local public television.

To what degree?  To say there aren't similar shows, or that they aren't as well done, or what do you mean?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2017, 10:48:51 AM »
Have you ever contributed to PBS? PBS relies on donations to survive.

Check this out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/pbs-fires-back-at-trump’s-budget-elimination-costs-small-benefits-tangible/ar-BBycmIu?li=AA2qN5v&ocid=spartandhp

They rely on donations to keep the appearance that they're what they claim to be.  To claim they are an authentic voice for the public, no matter how untrue that is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2017, 03:46:14 PM »
For welfare enrollment it is a good idea.  Not that either party will be on board for it like you say.  But simply stating that benefits will not be expanded or continued if you give birth will not deter most.  They already know they will be taken care of.  

Re : vasectomies...   not a good idea because that is mostly permanent.  (Yes some still produce pregnancies and the reversal rate down the road - surgically - is high, but overall.. pretty permanent).  Female birth control implants are a much better solution.

An x-ray tech here at work actually was court ordered to have a 4 implant put in her armpit after her 3rd divorce and 5th child.  She is 24 years old.

I don't think mandatory birth control is a good idea for welfare enrollment, or pretty much anything else.  Not sure how you even enforce it.  Are they going to lock up the x-ray tech at your job if she refuses to get the implant?  What happens if she gets pregnant anyway with the implant?  This is a step away from forced sterilization.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2017, 04:52:16 PM »
They get OT, ten days paid time off, all six major holidays and then some. I also pay half of their healthcare. I didn't see your link so I can't compare.

I have to say that you seem like a really good employer. Sorry about the missing link. Here is another (couldn't find the first), https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/portland
The benefits I had before I retired which you didn't mention offering were; earned sick leave at the rate of one day per month with unlimited accumulation (I used mine to cover state mandated family leave when my wife was ill), increasing vacation time with longevity, topping out at 4 weeks per year with an accumulated max of 350 hours, fully paid retirement benefits with the choice of a guaranteed annuity for life, a one time payout, or some combination thereof. Full-family quality medical coverage was paid at about 80% give or take.

I worked in education for a public employer. Because of union responsibilities and associated political involvement at both the state and national level, my employer allowed unlimited time off, all of which was reimbursed by the union with the exception of employer (HR) requested assistance, which my employer covered. I represented over 1,000 employees give or take. As you might imagine, I spent a lot of time, both on the clock and off helping my employer and fellow employees work though difficult HR related situations. This was challenging work. Legally my mandate was to represent the employee. Practically, I was a mediator. Actually, I was a trained professional mediator.

In no way do I want to leave any impression that my union work was a burden. I saw it as a service, both to my employer and to my fellow employees.

Advice: If you are not running a union shop and don't want to, offer the same or better compensation than union shops do. Precision Castparts in Oregon has managed to pull this off successfully for a very long time.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2017, 05:36:27 AM »
I don't think mandatory birth control is a good idea for welfare enrollment, or pretty much anything else.  Not sure how you even enforce it.  Are they going to lock up the x-ray tech at your job if she refuses to get the implant?  What happens if she gets pregnant anyway with the implant?  This is a step away from forced sterilization.  

She already has the implant.  5 children and she doesn't have custody of any of them.  DFCS were a constant visitor to her last with the last two before they were remove. 

Basically you can't enforce it.  I am not saying it is a possibility or even a future consideration, but for all involved it would be a good idea.  No need to just profit from having more kids once you go on public assistance.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2017, 12:18:37 PM »
She already has the implant.  5 children and she doesn't have custody of any of them.  DFCS were a constant visitor to her last with the last two before they were remove. 

Basically you can't enforce it.  I am not saying it is a possibility or even a future consideration, but for all involved it would be a good idea.  No need to just profit from having more kids once you go on public assistance.

Agree.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2017, 12:53:35 AM »

So often, there is a failure to put these things in perspective because the worst of the worst is cited as examples Without doubt, this situation is deplorable as are many more. Heck, let's face it, the world is over populated and because of this over-population we can rationally make a great argument as to why we need birth control on a global scope, if the human race is going to survive.

Making babies is not difficult. We humans have been doing this since the dawn of time.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2017, 09:29:14 AM »
I sure ain't an expert regarding this topic, but has anyone given any consideration about the possibility that some of these immigrants should serve a  few years active duty in the US Armed Forces before receiving any US benefits?

Having been in the military for a good number of years, I often find myself a bt 'suspicious' when it comes to those who never served ....
and somewhat more resentful when it comes to immigrants.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2017, 12:26:31 PM »
I sure ain't an expert regarding this topic, but has anyone given any consideration about the possibility that some of these immigrants should serve a  few years active duty in the US Armed Forces before receiving any US benefits?

Having been in the military for a good number of years, I often find myself a bt 'suspicious' when it comes to those who never served ....
and somewhat more resentful when it comes to immigrants.

According to February 2008 data from the Department of Defense, more than 65,000 immigrants ( non citizens and naturalized citizens) were serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces. This represents approximately 5% of all active-duty personnel. ... The military benefits greatly from the service of its foreign-born.

September 8, 2016
Immigrants and Non-Citizens in the US Armed Forces - The Balance
https://www.thebalance.com/immigrants-in-the-us-armed-forces-3353965