Author Topic: Nothing about CNN bullying and threatening internet users?  (Read 6331 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Nothing about CNN bullying and threatening internet users?
« on: July 05, 2017, 12:19:10 PM »
 ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Nothing about CNN bullying and threatening internet users?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »
Yes, numerous questions with this one.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »
Could this be considered extortion and blackmail (or racket even)?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 12:50:56 PM »
CNN Targeted WRONG Reddit User – POTUS Trump Took from DIFFERENT USER
GP ^ | 07/05/17 | Cristina Laila
Posted on 7/5/2017, 3:24:17 PM by Enlightened1

Multi-billion dollar corporation CNN is Extorting a Private Citizen over a Joke Tweet!

CNN reported Tuesday that they declined to publicly identify the Reddit user who created the Trump CNN wrestling video because he promised not to do it again.

CNN reporter Andrew Kaczynski then went on to say, “CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.”

That is extortion.
They threatened to dox him.

It turns out that CNN has targeted the wrong person! Analysis of the video shows evidence that the wrestling video President Trump posted to his Twitter account did not originate from this particular Reddit user.

The Daily Wire reports:

The meme Trump tweeted wasn’t generated by HanA**holeSolo. CNN shot first.

According to BuzzFeed, “one user pointed out that what Trump tweeted wasn’t actually HanA**holeSolo’s GIF.” Trump’s gif included both video and audio – whereas the Rebel smuggler wannabe’s gif did not include audio. Furthermore, the original HanA**holeSolo gif “was shorter, had a different aspect ratio, and had a WWE logo in the corner…Not even the colors are processed in the same manner… HanAssholeSolo’s GIF has an NTSC aspect ratio, because it was cut directly from a taping of analog Westlemania footage. Trump’s video has an aspect ratio of 16:9.”

BuzzFeed continues:

Someone downloaded the GIF that HanAssholeSolo originally posted to Reddit. Then that person cropped it to better fit a video player like Facebook or YouTube. Then they went through the effort of syncing it back up with audio from the original clip. Then that person put it somewhere where Trump or one of Trump’s people could see it and download it. Then whoever found the video version had to get it to Trump’s phone.

(Excerpt) Read more at thegatewaypundit.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 01:11:58 PM »

Multi-billion dollar corporation CNN is Extorting a Private Citizen over a Joke Tweet!

CNN reported Tuesday that they declined to publicly identify the Reddit user who created the Trump CNN wrestling video because he promised not to do it again.

CNN reporter Andrew Kaczynski then went on to say, “CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.”

That is extortion.

It turns out that CNN has targeted the wrong person! Analysis of the video shows evidence that the wrestling video President Trump posted to his Twitter account did not originate from this particular Reddit user.

The Daily Wire reports:

According to BuzzFeed, “one user pointed out that what Trump tweeted wasn’t actually HanA**holeSolo’s GIF.” Trump’s gif included both video and audio – whereas the Rebel smuggler wannabe’s gif did not include audio. Furthermore, the original HanA**holeSolo gif “was shorter, had a different aspect ratio, and had a WWE logo in the corner…Not even the colors are processed in the same manner… HanAssholeSolo’s GIF has an NTSC aspect ratio, because it was cut directly from a taping of analog Westlemania footage. Trump’s video has an aspect ratio of 16:9.”

BuzzFeed continues:

Someone downloaded the GIF that HanAssholeSolo originally posted to Reddit. Then that person cropped it to better fit a video player like Facebook or YouTube. Then they went through the effort of syncing it back up with audio from the original clip. Then that person put it somewhere where Trump or one of Trump’s people could see it and download it. Then whoever found the video version had to get it to Trump’s phone.

Not surprised.  A substantial number of liberals have proven themselves to be thugs since the November election. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »
Not surprised.  A substantial number of liberals have proven themselves to be thugs since the November election. 

LOL - scared at Code Pink and a bunch of grandma's in pussy hats

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 01:38:20 PM »
July 5, 2017
CNN has fallen into Trump’s pro-wrestling trap and it can’t get up
By Thomas Lifson

The media swells outraged at President Trump’s CNN wrestling tweet do not understand the level at which he communicates to his base, primarily out of their disdain for vulgar mass culture, including reality television and pro wrestling.  (Remember that the root of the word “vulgar” is the Latin “vulgus” or “common people.”)  The president, by contrast, is one of the most successful impresarios (and stars) in the history of American mass culture. Celebrity Apprentice was the most successful reality TV program in the history of the American medium.

President Trump knows how to reach the great mass of the public using images, music, and words, while those who disdain him primarily operate on the level of discourse they consider far superior: an appeal to intellect. Now, as somebody who went to the trouble of acquiring three graduate degrees and teaching at a couple of Ivy League universities, I can make a plausible claim to value intellectual discourse as much as anyone. And I do.  But I don’t kid myself that this is the only meaningful level of communication – in politics, art, human relations, or anywhere else.

The visceral reactions to the wrestling takedown by Trump of a character with a CNN logo photoshopped on his head backfired immediately, as the first stage of the trap sprung.  The primary outrage was that this could incite violence against journalists, which is laughable considering that most of the media establishment shrugged off the Kathy Griffin ISIS-style beheading photo as a harmless exercise of the First Amendment.  President Trump, the impresario, understands the potency of an image such as this:

He knows that these memories do not completely fade. Don’t forget that he is also in the branding business, and understands the nature of keeping images and associations alive on a continuing basis.  The comparison with his own cartoonish image takes place subconsciously even if not in the front of mind:

Griffin is part of the CNN brand, even though they fired her from her New Year’s Eve gig, an iconic annual event, thereby affecting CNN’s brand.  It was her highest profile engagement, a major part of her brand, too.  So CNN’s outrage over violence just makes them look ridiculous, even though they did fire Griffin after waiting a day to gauge public reaction.

I wonder how many of the media Trump haters ever attended a pro wrestling match? I therefore wonder if they understand the mentality of Americans who happen to enjoy pro wrestling? My guess is that few among them have either first-hand experience or the interest in knowing anything about the subject. They probably are a little ashamed of their country for supporting such a loutish and obviously phony spectacle that has the potential of stirring up the undesirables and deplorables. The critics of Trump for inciting violence certainly didn’t know at first that the man who was taken down by Trump was Vince McMahon, the owner of WWE, indicating the obvious comic and friendly nature of the stunt.

As a teenager in Minneapolis in the early 1960s, back when local television stations broadcast live pro-wrestling matches, my pals and I would bicycle down to a local station that offered free tickets for a studio audience on its Saturday Night Wrestling show. Quite often, since it was free and something to do on a Saturday night. We were a bunch of cheeky smart alecks there to laugh at them. But we quickly got it that the rest of the audience and the wrestlers themselves got it, too.  Everything was taking place with a giant wink.

And that gave us permission to act out our parts in the drama with enthusiasm, screaming at the designated villain, jumping up and threatening to run at the ring to attack. All play, mimicking terrible tantrums, but permitted because it was a wink and a nod. It was kind of therapeutic, this permission to act out primitive urges in public, I guess. But it was also making fun of the people that made fun of wrestling fans.

And CNN – despite being in the entertainment business -- understands none of this. They have just, in fact, stepped even deeper into the trap Trump baited with the video. Piecing together accounts from CNN, HuffPost, Vox, the New York Daily News, and Sundance of Conservative Treehouse, once the White House tweeted the video, a person who posts under the pseudonym “HanA**holeSolo” on Reddit identified the account as the source of the photshopping of the CNN image. It was actually a gif moving image, posted last Wednesday, that superimposed the CNN logo on Vince McMahon’s body. (The White House has issued a denial that Reddit was source.) But once HanA**Hole identified himself, his post on Redddit was noticed and publicized on Twitter by journalist Jared Yates Sexton:

It turns out that he is a troll who has published a lot of nasty racist, antisemitic stuff, and therefore President Trump must endorse everything he ever wrote because he used a video (not a gif, by the way) that may have originated from HanA**holeSolo. I gather that is the line of reasoning being employed by the sophisticated intellectuals outraged at Trump.

Once CNN got wind of the story, it writes that:

…CNN's KFile identified the man behind "HanA**holeSolo." Using identifying information that "HanA**holeSolo" posted on Reddit, KFile was able to determine key biographical details, to find the man's name using a Facebook search and ultimately corroborate details he had made available on Reddit.

On Monday, KFile attempted to contact the man by email and phone but he did not respond.

Gee, I wonder what they said to him?

They don’t offer us a clue, other than to report that the man behind Han A**holeSolo suddenly changed and offered the type of fulsome apology (full text at the end of this article) practiced by captives of the North Koreans while blinking out S.O.S. in Morse Code.

Now what do you suppose sparked this sudden burst of conscience?

Of you guessed blackmail, then you are following the same logic as Sundance:

In an article identifying the originating source of the wrestling gif tweeted last week by President Donald Trump, CNN says they’ll keep his name private so long as the person remains compliant to the media thought police.

The direct threat is: “CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.”

Bingo!

It seems to me that a few days ago President Trump was accused of blackmailing MSNBC’s Joe and Mika. Now CNN has outed itself for currently blackmailing a private citizen with exposure unless he complies with their demands. 

The drama being played out to people who understand pro wrestling is clear. CNN has cast itself as the villainous wrestler in the match, its hypocrisy and duplicity making the case so convincingly that it doesn’t even need a mask or outrageous costume to mark its role in the drama.

And they still don’t get it.

HanA**hole’s apology (via CNN):

On Tuesday, "HanA**holeSolo" posted his apology on the subreddit /The_Donald and deleted all of his other posts.

"First of all, I would like to apologize to the members of the reddit community for getting this site and this sub embroiled in a controversy that should never have happened," he wrote. "I would also like to apologize for the posts made that were racist, bigoted, and anti-semitic. I am in no way this kind of person, I love and accept people of all walks of life and have done so for my entire life. I am not the person that the media portrays me to be in real life, I was trolling and posting things to get a reaction from the subs on reddit and never meant any of the hateful things I said in those posts. I would never support any kind of violence or actions against others simply for what they believe in, their religion, or the lifestyle they choose to have. Nor would I carry out any violence against anyone based upon that or support anyone who did."

The user further apologized for calls for violence against the press in his statement on Reddit.

"The meme was created purely as satire, it was not meant to be a call to violence against CNN or any other news affiliation," he wrote. "I had no idea anyone would take it and put sound to it and then have it put up on the President's Twitter feed. It was a prank, nothing more. What the President's feed showed was not the original post that was posted here, but loaded up somewhere else and sound added to it then sent out on Twitter. I thought it was the original post that was made and that is why I took credit for it. I have the highest respect for the journalist community and they put their lives on the line every day with the jobs that they do in reporting the news."

The media swells outraged at President Trump’s CNN wrestling tweet do not understand the level at which he communicates to his base, primarily out of their disdain for vulgar mass culture, including reality television and pro wrestling.  (Remember that the root of the word “vulgar” is the Latin “vulgus” or “common people.”)  The president, by contrast, is one of the most successful impresarios (and stars) in the history of American mass culture. Celebrity Apprentice was the most successful reality TV program in the history of the American medium.

President Trump knows how to reach the great mass of the public using images, music, and words, while those who disdain him primarily operate on the level of discourse they consider far superior: an appeal to intellect. Now, as somebody who went to the trouble of acquiring three graduate degrees and teaching at a couple of Ivy League universities, I can make a plausible claim to value intellectual discourse as much as anyone. And I do.  But I don’t kid myself that this is the only meaningful level of communication – in politics, art, human relations, or anywhere else.

The visceral reactions to the wrestling takedown by Trump of a character with a CNN logo photoshopped on his head backfired immediately, as the first stage of the trap sprung.  The primary outrage was that this could incite violence against journalists, which is laughable considering that most of the media establishment shrugged off the Kathy Griffin ISIS-style beheading photo as a harmless exercise of the First Amendment.  President Trump, the impresario, understands the potency of an image such as this:

He knows that these memories do not completely fade. Don’t forget that he is also in the branding business, and understands the nature of keeping images and associations alive on a continuing basis.  The comparison with his own cartoonish image takes place subconsciously even if not in the front of mind:

Griffin is part of the CNN brand, even though they fired her from her New Year’s Eve gig, an iconic annual event, thereby affecting CNN’s brand.  It was her highest profile engagement, a major part of her brand, too.  So CNN’s outrage over violence just makes them look ridiculous, even though they did fire Griffin after waiting a day to gauge public reaction.

I wonder how many of the media Trump haters ever attended a pro wrestling match? I therefore wonder if they understand the mentality of Americans who happen to enjoy pro wrestling? My guess is that few among them have either first-hand experience or the interest in knowing anything about the subject. They probably are a little ashamed of their country for supporting such a loutish and obviously phony spectacle that has the potential of stirring up the undesirables and deplorables. The critics of Trump for inciting violence certainly didn’t know at first that the man who was taken down by Trump was Vince McMahon, the owner of WWE, indicating the obvious comic and friendly nature of the stunt.

As a teenager in Minneapolis in the early 1960s, back when local television stations broadcast live pro-wrestling matches, my pals and I would bicycle down to a local station that offered free tickets for a studio audience on its Saturday Night Wrestling show. Quite often, since it was free and something to do on a Saturday night. We were a bunch of cheeky smart alecks there to laugh at them. But we quickly got it that the rest of the audience and the wrestlers themselves got it, too.  Everything was taking place with a giant wink.

And that gave us permission to act out our parts in the drama with enthusiasm, screaming at the designated villain, jumping up and threatening to run at the ring to attack. All play, mimicking terrible tantrums, but permitted because it was a wink and a nod. It was kind of therapeutic, this permission to act out primitive urges in public, I guess. But it was also making fun of the people that made fun of wrestling fans.

And CNN – despite being in the entertainment business -- understands none of this. They have just, in fact, stepped even deeper into the trap Trump baited with the video. Piecing together accounts from CNN, HuffPost, Vox, the New York Daily News, and Sundance of Conservative Treehouse, once the White House tweeted the video, a person who posts under the pseudonym “HanA**holeSolo” on Reddit identified the account as the source of the photshopping of the CNN image. It was actually a gif moving image, posted last Wednesday, that superimposed the CNN logo on Vince McMahon’s body. (The White House has issued a denial that Reddit was source.) But once HanA**Hole identified himself, his post on Redddit was noticed and publicized on Twitter by journalist Jared Yates Sexton:

It turns out that he is a troll who has published a lot of nasty racist, antisemitic stuff, and therefore President Trump must endorse everything he ever wrote because he used a video (not a gif, by the way) that may have originated from HanA**holeSolo. I gather that is the line of reasoning being employed by the sophisticated intellectuals outraged at Trump.

Once CNN got wind of the story, it writes that:

…CNN's KFile identified the man behind "HanA**holeSolo." Using identifying information that "HanA**holeSolo" posted on Reddit, KFile was able to determine key biographical details, to find the man's name using a Facebook search and ultimately corroborate details he had made available on Reddit.

On Monday, KFile attempted to contact the man by email and phone but he did not respond.

Gee, I wonder what they said to him?

They don’t offer us a clue, other than to report that the man behind Han A**holeSolo suddenly changed and offered the type of fulsome apology (full text at the end of this article) practiced by captives of the North Koreans while blinking out S.O.S. in Morse Code.

Now what do you suppose sparked this sudden burst of conscience?

Of you guessed blackmail, then you are following the same logic as Sundance:

In an article identifying the originating source of the wrestling gif tweeted last week by President Donald Trump, CNN says they’ll keep his name private so long as the person remains compliant to the media thought police.

The direct threat is: “CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.”

Bingo!

It seems to me that a few days ago President Trump was accused of blackmailing MSNBC’s Joe and Mika. Now CNN has outed itself for currently blackmailing a private citizen with exposure unless he complies with their demands. 

The drama being played out to people who understand pro wrestling is clear. CNN has cast itself as the villainous wrestler in the match, its hypocrisy and duplicity making the case so convincingly that it doesn’t even need a mask or outrageous costume to mark its role in the drama.

And they still don’t get it.

HanA**hole’s apology (via CNN):

On Tuesday, "HanA**holeSolo" posted his apology on the subreddit /The_Donald and deleted all of his other posts.

"First of all, I would like to apologize to the members of the reddit community for getting this site and this sub embroiled in a controversy that should never have happened," he wrote. "I would also like to apologize for the posts made that were racist, bigoted, and anti-semitic. I am in no way this kind of person, I love and accept people of all walks of life and have done so for my entire life. I am not the person that the media portrays me to be in real life, I was trolling and posting things to get a reaction from the subs on reddit and never meant any of the hateful things I said in those posts. I would never support any kind of violence or actions against others simply for what they believe in, their religion, or the lifestyle they choose to have. Nor would I carry out any violence against anyone based upon that or support anyone who did."

The user further apologized for calls for violence against the press in his statement on Reddit.

"The meme was created purely as satire, it was not meant to be a call to violence against CNN or any other news affiliation," he wrote. "I had no idea anyone would take it and put sound to it and then have it put up on the President's Twitter feed. It was a prank, nothing more. What the President's feed showed was not the original post that was posted here, but loaded up somewhere else and sound added to it then sent out on Twitter. I thought it was the original post that was made and that is why I took credit for it. I have the highest respect for the journalist community and they put their lives on the line every day with the jobs that they do in reporting the news."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/07/cnn_has_fallen_into_trumps_prowrestling_trap_and_it_cant_get_up.html#ixzz4lzXsuFBR
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 01:44:14 PM »
LOL - scared at Code Pink and a bunch of grandma's in pussy hats

No we are not afraid of you in your vagina hat - we mock and ridicule you. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 04:16:11 PM »

That is extortion.

The Daily Wire reports:

BuzzFeed continues:

It's blackmail, extortion, bullying, threatening, intimidating, etc. CNN should hang their head and slink away.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 04:58:36 PM »
It's been a bad week for CNN.

isn't someone looking to buy out Time-Warner? (AT&T)
a

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 05:38:28 PM »
Not surprised.  A substantial number of liberals have proven themselves to be thugs since the November election.  

For sure.

Thought liberals were all about free speech and satire? Lol.

CNN falling for Trump's bait once again. They aren't going to last.....I smell a Gawker type lawsuit in the future for them that drags them under water for a long time.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 08:09:58 PM »
CNN proving they are against free speech.

How'd they find this guy anyway? Hack Reddit?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 10:07:47 PM »
CNN proving they are against free speech.

How'd they find this guy anyway? Hack Reddit?

Yes, what I'd like to know.  If anyone could spare me the nonsense of looking, I'd appreciate that info and also the name of their beef.  Has it to do with the use of CNN logo, or exactly wtf's going on with this.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 10:13:29 PM »
Claimed to have tracked him through past information he posted.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 12:10:32 AM »
"Wolf Blitzer"

A Gay Sex act that involves circle jerking off to an older bearded liberal man whispering fake news then everyone cumming on his beard.

Tonight we are inviting over my professor to give us a "Wolf Blitzer"

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 04:14:16 AM »
Liberals of peace

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 06:16:10 AM »
When is reddit going to strike back? lol

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 09:28:39 AM »
There's hundreds of memes now of Trump slapping around CNN im various ways.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 11:33:05 AM »
That it looks as though CNN's OK with taking responsibility as a whole (instead of saying it was an individual decision by someone) is incredible.  Also, that the guy's sappy emotional "apology" is what's said to have resolved the matter, indicates that it wasn't genuine concern about the logo -- to say nothing of the fact that it wouldn't have been the way to investigate and handle such an issue, anyway, even if it was a realistic one.

But to think they "threatened" him with "outing" over it, absolutely takes it away. 

What would they have done, exactly, if he'd have laughed at them and told them to fuck off?  Seriously: How could they have presented the "exposure" of him?  You can be sure they applied some thought to it before taking it as far as they did, and that ANYTHING other than dropping it would be completely unacceptable.  So what was the plan?

This looks so terrible for CNN it's just impossible to believe they haven't thrown one or more of their employees under the bus yet.  Only thing that makes sense, then, is that it was a very high ranking exec behind it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 11:40:13 AM »
There's hundreds of memes now of Trump slapping around CNN im various ways.

The Indiana Jones one was lolz

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2017, 11:53:36 AM »
Alt media and mainstream media figures going to war on twitter right now!!!

Popcorn.jpg

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »
Mika and Joe screaming that "blackmail" was supposed to be their 15 minutes of fame!

Jim Acosta screaming that Maxine Watters sent him a letter so he was also blackmailed!

;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2017, 06:37:35 PM »
The Indiana Jones one was lolz
The matrix is pretty funny too.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2017, 09:02:53 PM »
Remember another case where Kaczynski was involved? Sunil Tripathi, the missing young man that was falsely identified as the Boston bomber and was found dead a few days later (he had committed suicide).

Buzzfeed reporter Andrew Kaczynski shared a tweet that named Sunil as the primary suspect from his personal Twitter account

Read more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunil_Tripathi

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1cp1dl/twitter_user_calls_out_buzzfeedandrew_for/

http://imgur.com/rGRLja7

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2017, 04:16:49 AM »
a