Author Topic: Dems try new slogan: 'Have you seen the other guys?’  (Read 2602 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Dems try new slogan: 'Have you seen the other guys?’
« on: July 06, 2017, 02:08:30 PM »
Pretty ironic.  One of the things that keeps the GOP in power, as inept as they are proving to be, is the Democrat party is worse.

BY JOSH DELK - 07/05/17

The campaign arm for House Democrats on Wednesday tried out a new slogan: “I mean, have you seen the other guys?”

The sticker slogan, one of several floated as part of a fundraising effort by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), caused a stir on social media, where many wondered why the party would try out such a self-deprecating campaign line.

“Not exactly the most inspiring slogan, @dccc,” wrote ProPublica reporter Derek Willis.

“Dems are asking people to vote on a new sticker and I’m not sure anyone in history has been as bad as this,” tweeted Adam Serwer, a senior editor for The Atlantic.

Another sticker slogan referenced Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s (D-Mass.) opposition to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s confirmation in “She persisted, we resisted.”

“Make Congress blue again,” urged another.

The campaign arm for House Republicans later mocked the DCCC for its sticker.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/340732-dems-try-new-slogan-have-you-seen-the-other-guys

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Dems try new slogan: 'Have you seen the other guys?’
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
Pretty ironic.  One of the things that keeps the GOP in power, as inept as they are proving to be, is the Democrat party is worse.

BY JOSH DELK - 07/05/17

The campaign arm for House Democrats on Wednesday tried out a new slogan: “I mean, have you seen the other guys?”

The sticker slogan, one of several floated as part of a fundraising effort by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), caused a stir on social media, where many wondered why the party would try out such a self-deprecating campaign line.

“Not exactly the most inspiring slogan, @dccc,” wrote ProPublica reporter Derek Willis.

“Dems are asking people to vote on a new sticker and I’m not sure anyone in history has been as bad as this,” tweeted Adam Serwer, a senior editor for The Atlantic.

Another sticker slogan referenced Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s (D-Mass.) opposition to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s confirmation in “She persisted, we resisted.”

“Make Congress blue again,” urged another.

The campaign arm for House Republicans later mocked the DCCC for its sticker.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/340732-dems-try-new-slogan-have-you-seen-the-other-guys

Am I missing something, in seeing the GOP's response as being equally confusing as the Dem slogan?

???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 05:13:38 PM »

Am I missing something, in seeing the GOP's response as being equally confusing as the Dem slogan?

???

Not confusing to me.  They are calling Democrats losers.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 05:48:26 PM »
Haha I was just about to start the same thread.  :)

What an absolute disaster!

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 05:59:10 PM »
How about:

DNC....we'll try again in 2024.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 03:15:13 AM »
We're rich, corrupt individuals with no sense for the working class, too!!!! But fuck Trump, ammirite?
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 07:20:49 AM »
Amazing the lack of awareness of these clowns. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 08:43:32 AM »
Even Salon is mocking the Dems for this abortion of an idea.

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/06/democrats-midterm-plans-start-with-these-horrible-anti-republican-bumper-stickers/

Democrats’ midterm plans start with these horrible anti-Republican bumper stickers

The definition of insanity is sometimes described as doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results. In the realm of politics, that form of insanity could very well be defined by the Democratic Party.

On Wednesday, Democrats triumphantly rolled out some possible new campaign slogans that might fairly be described as underwhelming. “I mean, have you seen the other guys?” calls out one potential bumper sticker — suggesting that its owner is unwilling to stand up for any specific beliefs, but believes it’s enough not to belong to the party of President Donald Trump.

With this slogan, Democrats are waving aside Trump — and the Republicans controlling the House and Senate — as some kind of aberration. In reality, Trump isn’t a cloud of evil directly out of a comic book that, when subsided, will bring rays of sunshine.

Ironically, while the Democrats were touting their “more of the same” bumper stickers, Britain was celebrating the 69th birthday of the National Health Service, which guarantees government-sponsored health coverage to every citizen. It’s an idea that has, with the exception of a few mentions here and there, largely been waved off by the party of “look at the other guys.”

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 11:22:59 AM »
Not confusing to me.  They are calling Democrats losers.

Which "moral victories" do they credit them?  Maybe I'm misreading the idea.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 11:32:22 AM »

They're not winning moral victories either.  They're just losing.  That's the point of the slogan. 

Takes all the funny away when you have to explain it.  lol

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 11:48:47 AM »
They're not winning moral victories either.  They're just losing.  That's the point of the slogan. 

Takes all the funny away when you have to explain it.  lol

Yes, I see.   ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 11:53:28 AM »

These fools are wearing vagina hats, having pajama boy as their face, melting down daily, etc.   They are losing worse than ever and will continue to do so as their entire base is in LA and NYC and a few small other places.  outside of that - democrats and libfags are universally mocked 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 12:09:51 PM »
These fools are wearing vagina hats, having pajama boy as their face, melting down daily, etc.   They are losing worse than ever and will continue to do so as their entire base is in LA and NYC and a few small other places.  outside of that - democrats and libfags are universally mocked 

Seems too roundabout a way to make an already unclear point.  Especially for a bumper sticker.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 02:31:19 PM »

If you want to see where the real heart and soul of each party is, look at some major legislation.
Rhetoric from each side is cheap toothless talk. But where you put the $$, speaks volumes.

I've long concluded that NIETHER side is really behind the working, middle class.

1. The GOP bill has a mega tax cut for the top 1% built into the latest health care plan.

2. The dems are obsessed with funding Medicaid to provide healthcare for every deadbeat .

How about focusing on making healthcare affordable for those of us who WORK hard at a job?!
Why do we have to give free health care for deadbeats or provide more tax cuts for the ultra wealthy?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 09:51:48 AM »
I agree w you on that

If you want to see where the real heart and soul of each party is, look at some major legislation.
Rhetoric from each side is cheap toothless talk. But where you put the $$, speaks volumes.

I've long concluded that NIETHER side is really behind the working, middle class.

1. The GOP bill has a mega tax cut for the top 1% built into the latest health care plan.

2. The dems are obsessed with funding Medicaid to provide healthcare for every deadbeat .

How about focusing on making healthcare affordable for those of us who WORK hard at a job?!
Why do we have to give free health care for deadbeats or provide more tax cuts for the ultra wealthy?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 01:08:28 PM »
I agree w you on that

Thank you!
Here's another you might like.

I'm no fan of Trump, but the dems don't want to represent those like me:

*Middle class working class people that don't want special rights for ANY group.
We all play by the same rules, work hard and let our God given talent and ambition, determine the outcome.

No, the dems have been hijacked by a liberal agenda that thinks everyone should get a trophy.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 04:53:35 PM »
They blocked the working class white men and women.....or as msm labeled us "non college educated white males".. like we are racist dumb rednecks....thats their biggest mistake
real men= no rubbers

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 05:15:09 PM »
This post sums it up
real men= no rubbers

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 10:25:59 PM »
I really want the Dems to run Chelsea Clinton in 2024.

The Repubs will pitch the only election shutout we will ever see in our lifetime.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 10:55:27 PM »
And i hate this new liberal term " white privilege "...ive heard some younger minorities even whites say this to me..i put them in check...quickly..but msm pushes this bs propognda..to the younger generation who hvent experienced life...so it makes me angrier
real men= no rubbers

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 06:14:09 PM »
Howard, Straw did you guys buy your shirts yet?
a