Author Topic: Robby Robinson One Bowl diet  (Read 3764 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Robby Robinson One Bowl diet
« on: July 08, 2017, 11:13:27 AM »
I remember an article in Flex or somewhere back in the late 80s-very early 90s where Robby Robinson was saying that when he dieted he ate all of his food out of one bowl because "he wanted to concentrate all of his eating in one area."  Anyone else remember that or where the article was? 

I actually thought it was a good idea paying attention to an under appreciated part of dieting having nothing to do with calories or macros, just the basic psychological aspect of the process. 

The psychology of diet and bodybuilding seems to have been ignored a bit recently but I think it is more of a key to success than any other leg of the stool.  For example, what do you think about when you are training chest, in the middle of a set?

Simple Simon

Re: Robby Robinson One Bowl diet
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 11:16:02 AM »
I was at a seminar of Robbies and someone asked him a really complicated question about carb and protein absorption, he just look at them and said" when Im on a diet i eat out of a small bowl and off season I eat out of a big bowl".

and when im training chest I think about my chest and concentrate on trying to pick up on any excessive strain on tendons and niggling areas.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 11:26:01 AM »
I was at a seminar of Robbies and someone asked him a really complicated question about carb and protein absorption, he just look at them and said" when Im on a diet i eat out of a small bowl and off season I eat out of a big bowl".

and when im training chest I think about my chest and concentrate on trying to pick up on any excessive strain on tendons and niggling areas.

Thanks, so I'm not losing my mind with my recollection.  Honestly, I think there's probably a lot to be said for the here's your smaller bowl only eat what you can fit in there once diet.  Very simple and objective.  If the bowl had "5%er" on it, so much the better.

On the mid-exercise thing, I was more wondering about visualization along with the "feel" of concentrated contraction. I know I may be be mercilessly mocked for admitting this, but I almost always visualize some famous bodybuilder's chest when I'm training chest.  Most recently Samir Bannout's.  Same with other body parts.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 11:29:32 AM »
Thought this was about smoking a bowl.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 11:31:49 AM »
Robby's broke and can only afford one bowl, hence the "one bowl diet".

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 12:12:52 PM »
Thought this was about smoking a bowl.

I believe that's for the bulking phase.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 12:16:36 PM »

Racist post reported.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 12:19:30 PM »
I think the problem with today's wanna-be's is they get too wrapped up into eating food. Believe me, I've seen what these guys eat during a contest and its not much. The amount of drugs they take is much more than what you want to believe.

Now if Robby Robbinson was a bodybuilder of today he would probably still eat what he does but his lie would look something like this...

Meal 1: Half of apple, grits, protein pancakes, Animal Pac

Meal 2: Almonds, tuna with relish 6oz.

Meal 3: Beef tenderloin 8oz, sweet potato plain. Animal Pac

Meal 4: Protein shake with liquid egg whites

Meal 5: Tuna 6oz

Meal 6: Romaine lettuce with 6oz of chicken.

Meal 7: Protein bar, almonds

Meal 8: Talapia 6oz with carrots and green beans. Animal Pac

Do you see...this lie sounds a lot more interesting then "one bowl"  diet. Now he would replace the "Animal Pac"  to whatever product he was under contract for. But by lying about what he eats, people like you guys read it and say, " Wow, He really pays attention to diet and takes in a lot of protein, no wonder he doesn't take a lot of steroids. He's genetically gifted and is a great responder."

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 01:10:40 PM »
when i train chest i think about a big huge treasure chest you know full with gold and silver arrrr! and i think im the captain and my body is my ship and i need to control it thinks like that i think most people think like that

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 01:37:03 PM »
when i train chest i think about a big huge treasure chest you know full with gold and silver arrrr! and i think im the captain and my body is my ship and i need to control it thinks like that i think most people think like that

:-\

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 02:36:44 PM »
Racist post reported.

I occasionally listen to a running podcast based out of England. They're always talking about "Niggles."

That term is very common to describe minor injuries. Don't think it would go over too well here in the states.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 02:43:41 PM »
I occasionally listen to a running podcast based out of England. They're always talking about "Niggles."

That term is very common to describe minor injuries. Don't think it would go over too well here in the states.

Lol! I don't see it catching on anytime soon

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 03:31:40 PM »
Guys try to make bodybuilding rocket science. Some of the best bodybuilders of all time are simpletons. It's not rocket science. It never will be.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 03:43:10 PM »
I think the problem with today's wanna-be's is they get too wrapped up into eating food. Believe me, I've seen what these guys eat during a contest and its not much. The amount of drugs they take is much more than what you want to believe.

Now if Robby Robbinson was a bodybuilder of today he would probably still eat what he does but his lie would look something like this...

Meal 2: Almonds, tuna with relish 6oz.

Meal 3: Beef tenderloin 8oz, sweet potato plain. Animal Pac

Meal 4: Protein shake with liquid egg whites

Meal 5: Tuna 6oz

Meal 6: Romaine lettuce with 6oz of chicken.

Meal 7: Protein bar, almonds

Meal 8: Talapia 6oz with carrots and green beans. Animal Pac

Do you see...this lie sounds a lot more interesting then "one bowl"  diet. Now he would replace the "Animal Pac"  to whatever product he was under contract for. But by lying about what he eats, people like you guys read it and say, " Wow, He really pays attention to diet and takes in a lot of protein, no wonder he doesn't take a lot of steroids. He's genetically gifted and is a great responder."

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL  :D

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 04:08:59 PM »

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 04:15:30 PM »
Robby's broke and can only afford one bowl, hence the "one bowl diet".

This was long before today back about 25+ yrs ago when Robby was still doing okay so it wasn't a money issue I don't think.

Sadly, I can't read anything from Fallsview without first recalling the nickname someone gave his moniker at some point "Ballsspew"

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 04:28:25 PM »

Half an apple? Who the hell only eats half an apple?  Soon as you cut into an apple, oxidation takes affect rapidly.