Author Topic: These Wrestlers The WWE Are Pushing...  (Read 9392 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
These Wrestlers The WWE Are Pushing...
« on: July 11, 2017, 03:17:21 AM »
For the life of me I can't figure out why people like these guys. Or maybe I can. Great marketing and push.

Dean Ambrose: Can't speak, greasy, receding hairline, body of a 12 year old boy.

Roman Reigns: Can't speak. If this was 1981 they'd give him a manager to speak and he'd be a great heel.

Samoa Joe: Its not 1981 so his body in todays steroids infested world just doesn't cut it.

Seth Rollins: Another greasy looking "regular guy" that can't speak.

Big Cass: Skinny Fat guy in today's steroid infested world. I cringe everytime he talks because he sounds like he's on a third grade reading level.

Bray Wyatt: Are you kidding me? Modern Day Hilbilly Jim with a dark side. Typical guy that you'd find at your Country Supply Store.

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: These Wrestlers The WWE Are Pushing...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 06:25:44 AM »
Good insight Falloutboy.

Dean: he's loved, I liked him in the shield but I don't get his popularity now. He's like a young Jake the snake.

Roman: agree

Joe: underrated. He is a pro. I'm a big fan of his.

Seth: More athletic Jeff Hardy, but dangerous.

Cass: Agree. He's not Kevin Nash. He and Enzo together made a complete wrestler.

Bray: should be new Taker but is actually a hybrid: a main event jobber.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:19:43 AM »
We had the 80's boom, the 90's attitude Era and now we have the Boring Era as it is know around circles.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 07:34:06 AM »
Good insight Falloutboy.

Dean: he's loved, I liked him in the shield but I don't get his popularity now. He's like a young Jake the snake.

Roman: agree

Joe: underrated. He is a pro. I'm a big fan of his.

Seth: More athletic Jeff Hardy, but dangerous.

Cass: Agree. He's not Kevin Nash. He and Enzo together made a complete wrestler.

Bray: should be new Taker but is actually a hybrid: a main event jobber.

Dean is loved????? Why? The guy has the personality and wrestling ability of Kendal Windlum or Sam Houston.  

Samoa Joe is a slob. No reason to look like that and be a WWE wrestler in 2017, period. Joe needs to stop going to the buffets and start hitting the cardio. Could never work a match longer than 30 minutes of high intensity.

Seth Rollins dangerous? So we're going on the angle that wrestling is real? C'mon, Seth can't speak and talks like a guy that dropped out of school at age 12. His wrestling ability is fair but so are a lot others that actually CAN SPEAK AND GIVE GREAT INTERVIEWS.

Bray, new Undertaker? Are we talking about the Hilbilly Jim ripoff? Guy's another slob that looks like a regular guy at Walmart. Love the way no one grabs his beard and toss's him around.

So you must be a big fan of Dr. D David Shultz? He was alright.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 11:28:18 AM »
Dean is loved????? Why? The guy has the personality and wrestling ability of Kendal Windlum or Sam Houston.  

Samoa Joe is a slob. No reason to look like that and be a WWE wrestler in 2017, period. Joe needs to stop going to the buffets and start hitting the cardio. Could never work a match longer than 30 minutes of high intensity.

Seth Rollins dangerous? So we're going on the angle that wrestling is real? C'mon, Seth can't speak and talks like a guy that dropped out of school at age 12. His wrestling ability is fair but so are a lot others that actually CAN SPEAK AND GIVE GREAT INTERVIEWS.

Bray, new Undertaker? Are we talking about the Hilbilly Jim ripoff? Guy's another slob that looks like a regular guy at Walmart. Love the way no one grabs his beard and toss's him around.

So you must be a big fan of Dr. D David Shultz? He was alright.

Read my comments, don't make up arguments.

I dont understand dean's appeal. Much of his stuff looks stupid. The two you mention are good comparisons to dean, skinny fat body types as well

Seth is dangerous: he broke Cena's nose, Sting's neck and Finn Baylor's shoulder. This is all a work btw, guys should be safe. He was good on the mic as a heel.

I like Joe. He's makes his body work for him, like Mark Hunt or Roy Nelson in MMA.

Bray is a rip off of Wayland Mercy or whatever Spivey's gimmick was in the 90s. He should have been an undertaker like character but the made him a Job guy. He loses all the time. And his promos drag on.

He is to fat though.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 01:56:57 PM »
Read my comments, don't make up arguments.

I dont understand dean's appeal. Much of his stuff looks stupid. The two you mention are good comparisons to dean, skinny fat body types as well

Seth is dangerous: he broke Cena's nose, Sting's neck and Finn Baylor's shoulder. This is all a work btw, guys should be safe. He was good on the mic as a heel.

I like Joe. He's makes his body work for him, like Mark Hunt or Roy Nelson in MMA.

Bray is a rip off of Wayland Mercy or whatever Spivey's gimmick was in the 90s. He should have been an undertaker like character but the made him a Job guy. He loses all the time. And his promos drag on.

He is to fat though.

Calm down Dr. D.

And we're not arguing here unless you want to, it's just a good old debate.

The current roster is just plain horrible. They need another company to give them a run for their money. It's hurting the business...basically the wrestling business is dead. Only one stands...WWE. I don't care about this run of the mill operations like ROH or TNA. They just don't cut it.
Joe built a rep at those places because there was just no one else there that stood out. Joe is now in the WWE and look at him. A fat slob with all athletic types surrounding him. This actually makes him look worse.  BUT...the WWE marketing and writing machine is going to take over. They will spoon feed us Joe every week until all the kids love him. THEY WILL MAKE HIM...JOE WILL NOT MAKE HIMSELF.

How is Joe's body working for him? Jiggling here, Jiggling there? Lets face it...this isn't the 1970's and 80's where he could be a Dusty Rhodes. There is just no excuse to look like Bray, Dean or Joe in todays wrestling.
They stuck him with Brock so they can build him up. They do that.

I was watchin some old GCW. I have every disc that was taped out there. My wife and her friends came walking in. They looked at the screen and said..."Why are all these guys fat and out of shape?"  Tommy Rich was the one wrestling and Buzz Sawyer was on. I hardly think these two guys are really "fat"  but lets face it, todays expectations are extremely high whether you like it or not...times have changed.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 08:38:08 PM »
Calm down Dr. D.

And we're not arguing here unless you want to, it's just a good old debate.

The current roster is just plain horrible. They need another company to give them a run for their money. It's hurting the business...basically the wrestling business is dead. Only one stands...WWE. I don't care about this run of the mill operations like ROH or TNA. They just don't cut it.
Joe built a rep at those places because there was just no one else there that stood out. Joe is now in the WWE and look at him. A fat slob with all athletic types surrounding him. This actually makes him look worse.  BUT...the WWE marketing and writing machine is going to take over. They will spoon feed us Joe every week until all the kids love him. THEY WILL MAKE HIM...JOE WILL NOT MAKE HIMSELF.

How is Joe's body working for him? Jiggling here, Jiggling there? Lets face it...this isn't the 1970's and 80's where he could be a Dusty Rhodes. There is just no excuse to look like Bray, Dean or Joe in todays wrestling.
They stuck him with Brock so they can build him up. They do that.

I was watchin some old GCW. I have every disc that was taped out there. My wife and her friends came walking in. They looked at the screen and said..."Why are all these guys fat and out of shape?"  Tommy Rich was the one wrestling and Buzz Sawyer was on. I hardly think these two guys are really "fat"  but lets face it, todays expectations are extremely high whether you like it or not...times have changed.

All good points. The stars of today were the die-hard fans of the late 90's.  Its a body guy business but you can have guys who don't look like Cena.

Joe is good in the ring and the Mic. He believes in what he's doing and saying, that makes him real.

Bray, Dean and Joe are no different than Jake Roberts, Earthquake, Tugboat, Big Boss Man, Akeem/OMG, the bushwhackers, neidhart and the head shrinkers  (granted those guys were giants and Vince kept them fully clothed). The problem is the built guys dont work as well as these guys.

Roman does his 5 moves: spear, superman punch, flying clothesline, the drive by and the fallaway slam. This is the formula that's worked for 30 years.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 06:14:00 PM »
All good points. The stars of today were the die-hard fans of the late 90's.  Its a body guy business but you can have guys who don't look like Cena.

Joe is good in the ring and the Mic. He believes in what he's doing and saying, that makes him real.

Bray, Dean and Joe are no different than Jake Roberts, Earthquake, Tugboat, Big Boss Man, Akeem/OMG, the bushwhackers, neidhart and the head shrinkers  (granted those guys were giants and Vince kept them fully clothed). The problem is the built guys dont work as well as these guys.

Roman does his 5 moves: spear, superman punch, flying clothesline, the drive by and the fallaway slam. This is the formula that's worked for 30 years.

I think Reigns has a few more moves than that The 10 clotheslines in the corner, the Samoan Drop, the sit-out power bomb.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 07:57:43 PM »
I think Reigns has a few more moves than that The 10 clotheslines in the corner, the Samoan Drop, the sit-out power bomb.

Lol I forgot those, I also think he has to throw 5 superman punches a match and hit at least 3.

All that said I know he's highly  thought of by his peers and loved by the brass, dude is the man but his matches are brutal

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 04:58:39 PM »
Dean and Seth are growing stale, just like Orton....he needs to take a page out of Jericho's book on reinventing himself.

I like Wyatt but here is the problem, just when the fans get behind him, they job him out. They also want him to be a heel but how can he when 15K people are shining their phones in favor of him......

Cena has one foot out the door and there is no one that will truly fill his shoes....

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 08:59:28 AM »
For the life of me I can't figure out why people like these guys. Or maybe I can. Great marketing and push.

Dean Ambrose: Can't speak, greasy, receding hairline, body of a 12 year old boy.

Roman Reigns: Can't speak. If this was 1981 they'd give him a manager to speak and he'd be a great heel.

Samoa Joe: Its not 1981 so his body in todays steroids infested world just doesn't cut it.

Seth Rollins: Another greasy looking "regular guy" that can't speak.

Big Cass: Skinny Fat guy in today's steroid infested world. I cringe everytime he talks because he sounds like he's on a third grade reading level.

Bray Wyatt: Are you kidding me? Modern Day Hilbilly Jim with a dark side. Typical guy that you'd find at your Country Supply Store.

i think you pretty much nailed it.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 10:57:36 AM »
the return  of the french angel to the wwe :o :o :o
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 05:50:45 AM »
What you are seeing now is truly the end of an era. You will NEVER again see wrestlers like Austin, Hogan, Flair, Rock, Mankind, Michaels, etc. With this PG era BS, all the media sensationalism out there and no monitored use of anabolics (not just for muscularity but re-cooperation from taking many bumps and falls) , there will never be another group of wrestlers like this again. They are ALL pipsqueaks (less a few who are either boring or clumsy). I attended the SmackDown show in Toronto two weeks ago and only two thirds of the arena was full. You have the biggest star of the company in Cena talking and not wrestling, Nakamura who can wrestle but can't speak 2 words of English doing an interview back stage and not wrestling, Styles and Owens talking and not wrestling, Naomi who is the brands champion but couldn't wrestle if her life depended on it wrestling Carmella second last to the main event (who is booking this shit?!?). Its turned into a colossal joke.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 04:19:35 PM »
Samoa Joe is awful.  One trick pony with his constant "mean" look.  And that ass that looks like it was double wrapped in Pampers isn't helping him.  He's got skills, but his character is awful. 

Roman - uggghhh..   So sick of the Superman punch and the primal war cry (that always alerts the fans he is about to run into a boot or counter move from his opponent.)

Brock is an ideal attraction.  Never overused and only a few times a year. 

Seth - got skills but every time he is in the ring you just know some fluke landing or accident is right around the corner waiting to retire him for good.

Miz - please just make him go away.

New day was great... but getting stale.

Ziggler had all the tools but just never got another push again.

Overall the entire wrestling show is nothing but recycled main events that you have seen before and will see at the next pay per view.  Eliminating squash matches ruined the excitement of tuning into the PPV and seeing two mid card guys battle it out after destroying jobbers for a months. 

And they should start regulating super kicks.  Only 3 allowed per night on the entire card.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 10:53:03 AM »
We had the 80's boom, the 90's attitude Era and now we have the Boring Era as it is know around circles.
QFT.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 08:41:40 PM »
QFT.

X3 but still won't stop me from going to Raw in October  :-\

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 09:34:22 PM »
How is it even possible that the current product gets worse every week?  ?????

Its so bad and SO far away from the attitude era its scary

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 12:47:35 AM »
Dean Ambrose did some great promos before WWE.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 07:14:08 AM »

Dude.... welcome to the WCW final stages.   

We need a term for when wrestling goes to shit.  Like we have Palumboism for when BBers turn to shit.  Maybe call it Russoism or WCWism.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 09:11:09 AM »

Formula needs to change.