Author Topic: Lecithen  (Read 1381 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Lecithen
« on: April 07, 2006, 09:50:50 AM »
I picked up a container, mainly on its rep as helping the body metabolize fats.  Does anyone have any experience with this product as far as benefits, negatives., etc.?  Any insight would be appreciated.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
Re: Lecithen
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 12:51:55 PM »
From what I gather it looks like it has quit a few benefits.Lecithin (Nervous, Circulatory) is a fatlike substance called a phospholipid. It is produced daily by the liver if the diet is adequate. It is needed by every cell in the body and is a key building block of cell membranes; without it, they would harden. Lecithin protects cells from oxidation and largely comprises the protective sheaths surrounding the brain. It is composed mostly of B vitamins, phosphoric acid, choline, linoleic acid and inositol. Although it is a fatty substance, it is also a fat emulsifier. Hence, it supports the circulatory system. Its choline is useful for making acetylcholine to controll cholesterol.  Looks like a keeper.  Something worth trying.  One of the Multi's I carry has 10mg. prob not enough to do anything, but I'll need to do more research to find out the effective dossage.  Thank god for Copernic ;D
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 01:32:10 PM »
Great for cold sores...as well. 8)

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • LET ME OUT OF TIME OUT NEED ADVICE GETTING GYNO!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 05:09:27 PM »
"Lecithen is an important natural source of Choline and Inositol, two compounds that are vital for brain function, cell growth and nervous system health.***Lecithin is also a major part of cell membranes and helps to move fats in and out of cells.***

^ That all sounds good to me...It's cheap so if it works great, if not...then no big loss.

My skin tone has improved noticably after I started taking it a few months ago.  Any small cuts or blisters from my new running shoes seemed to heal alot faster than normal.  Besides that there is no noticeable change, but that doesn't mean it is not helping me.  David Boston takes it, so it must be helpful  ;D