Author Topic: 2017 NPC Teen/Collegiate/Masters Nationals - coverage?  (Read 1948 times)

drmarkp

• Getbig III
2017 NPC Teen/Collegiate/Masters Nationals - coverage?
« on: July 23, 2017, 01:18:28 PM »
As an older bodybuilder, I always look forward to the coverage of the NPC Masters Nationals

I'm sure it is a long, drawn out show, and a costly endeavor; even for the major bodybuilding online portals

Still, for a major show like this - it's a shame that someone did not cover it

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: NO COVERAGE ON THE NPC TEEN / MASTERS NATIONALS; OPINIONS
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 01:32:12 PM »
As an older bodybuilder, I always look forward to the coverage of the NPC Masters Nationals

I'm sure it is a long, drawn out show, and a costly endeavor; even for the major bodybuilding online portals

i forgot it was this weekend or I would have checked it out. No one covered it as in who?

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 01:56:27 PM »
i forgot it was this weekend or I would have checked it out. No one covered it as in who?

RX Muscle nor MD as far as I could find

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »
Hate to say it but from my observations, there is very little interest in any Master's BB event.

There could be some interest in the event that some of the well remembered old  timers of the 70's decide to enter.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 04:19:19 PM »
All I know is the NPC and the promoters are making a absolute killing. I think there was something like over 1000 competitors, think about that, the entre fee to compete for each competitor is I think $75, not to mention ticket sales for people attending the event. And the NPC card itself is I think $150-200 a year. And no need to spend valuable money to promote/advertise the event. Too many people wasting time and health becoming a bodybuilder, when all the money is in prep coaching or promoting a show.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 05:57:21 PM »

Fully covered by NPCnewsonline. Just Google 2017 NPC Collegiate. Good photos of all competitors.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 07:45:05 PM »
i just figured they had the masters and teen nationals together as a cover for the creeps who want to show up and ogle the teens lol
"

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 09:45:34 PM »
KETO, Here's an update ..... Notice the contestant entry fee.

2017 NPC USA BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS *IFBB PRO QUALIFIER*

FRIDAY & SATURDAY, JULY 28 & 29, 2017

Contestant entry fee is $325.

TICKET PRICES:

Friday  prejudging - Men BB/Bikini/Women’s Physique $ 60 Open Seating

Saturday prejudging : Women’s BB/Figure/Men’s Physique & Classic Physique $ 60 Open Seating

FINALS: $110 - $85 - $65 - All Seats Reserved.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 10:43:01 PM »

Wow, at over 1000 competitors talk about making a killing, unreal, they rent out a ballroom at some hotel for 2 days and buy a bunch of trophies to hand out. That's a killer profit margin. What an amazing time to be a promoter. However, no average Joe can just promote a show especially a national qualifier, you definitely have to be in with the right people to host an NPC or IFBB event.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 10:11:31 AM »
Wow, at over 1000 competitors talk about making a killing, unreal, they rent out a ballroom at some hotel for 2 days and buy a bunch of trophies to hand out. That's a killer profit margin. What an amazing time to be a promoter. However, no average Joe can just promote a show especially a national qualifier, you definitely have to be in with the right people to host an NPC or IFBB event.

But yes, a lot of loyal promoters started with them a long ago, and put in a lot of hard work, no margins or profit and much more to build these events up.  Like any event, the ones who started and worked on these continue to run them, which is nice to see.  

By the way, the NPC Teen/Collegiate/Masters Nationals was this past week, but the NPC USAs in Vegas starts on Friday (Thursdays are check-ins).  See you there.

Simple Simon

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 10:59:55 AM »
But yes, a lot of loyal promoters started with them a long ago, and put in a lot of hard work, no margins or profit and much more to build these events up.  Like any event, the ones who started and worked on these continue to run them, which is nice to see.  

By the way, the NPC Teen/Collegiate/Masters Nationals was this past week, but the NPC USAs in Vegas starts on Friday (Thursdays are check-ins).  See you there.

athletes should not be paying to enter a show....full stop.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »
athletes should not be paying to enter a show....full stop.

newsflash. .. They ARE NOT athletes

athletes cam run a mile, do a good shuttle run and throw a baseball or football or shoot a basketball

those clods would fall flat on their face trying to complete a shuttle run, wouldn't be able to run 200 meters and I can just imagine them trying to throw a baseball or football or shoot a basketball

BAHAHAHHAHWHHWHSJJJWJSJW JJAJJAJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 02:44:12 PM »
newsflash. .. They ARE NOT athletes

athletes cam run a mile, do a good shuttle run and throw a baseball or football or shoot a basketball

those clods would fall flat on their face trying to complete a shuttle run, wouldn't be able to run 200 meters and I can just imagine them trying to throw a baseball or football or shoot a basketball

BAHAHAHHAHWHHWHSJJJWJSJW JJAJJAJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

athletes
competitors

happy now stick legs?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 07:55:43 PM »
KETO, Here's an update ..... Notice the contestant entry fee.

2017 NPC USA BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS *IFBB PRO QUALIFIER*

FRIDAY & SATURDAY, JULY 28 & 29, 2017

Contestant entry fee is $325.

TICKET PRICES:

Friday  prejudging - Men BB/Bikini/Women’s Physique $ 60 Open Seating

Saturday prejudging : Women’s BB/Figure/Men’s Physique & Classic Physique $ 60 Open Seating

FINALS: $110 - $85 - $65 - All Seats Reserved.

Are you serious the entry fee is now 325$?

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Re: 2017 NPC Teen/Collegiate/Masters Nationals - coverage?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 08:45:19 PM »
this man loved teen bodybuilding

"