Author Topic: Ford Crown Vic  (Read 4622 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Ford Crown Vic
« on: July 23, 2017, 01:52:54 PM »
I will never forgive Ford for discontinuing the Crown Vic or the Police for putting up with it. Cops look like a bunch of butt pluggers driving around in their little gay all wheel drive vehicles now. No wonder they don't get any respect.
S

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
Re: Ford Crown Vic
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 01:58:47 PM »
Worthless thread without a picture....

O

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 02:12:33 PM »
This is a police car in my hometown of Dubai India 🇮🇳

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 02:21:39 PM »
ash-shurta translates roughly as shirt lifters.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 02:29:57 PM »
I will never forgive Ford for discontinuing the Crown Vic or the Police for putting up with it. Cops look like a bunch of butt pluggers driving around in their little gay all wheel drive vehicles now. No wonder they don't get any respect.

The last body-on-frame car with a live rear axle suspension.  Most Taxi's were just older police cars bought at auction.  

Ford discontinued the Panther platform (Crown Vic, Gran Marquis, and Town Car) because they believed they were damaging to the brand.  However, they were companies most profitable vehicle in the late seventies and early eighties, until the F150 took over.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »
The Crown Vics were tough as hell.  They should have dropped the new 5.0L in them with a slight refresh and kept selling them.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 03:59:46 PM »
This is a police car in my hometown of Dubai India 🇮🇳

That's great because they don't have black people in Dubai India.
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 04:01:34 PM »
The last body-on-frame car with a live rear axle suspension.  Most Taxi's were just older police cars bought at auction.  

Ford discontinued the Panther platform (Crown Vic, Gran Marquis, and Town Car) because they believed they were damaging to the brand.  However, they were companies most profitable vehicle in the late seventies and early eighties, until the F150 took over.

My wifes grandmother has a perfect 1970's Marquis. I think I'm going to buy it lol
S

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 04:03:59 PM »
I'm glad they got rid of the Crown Vic's.   With these damn cars, I couldn't tell if it was a Ghost Car following me or my Grandparents.

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 05:03:21 PM »

They were definitely damaging to the brand but served a workhorse role.

Ford brand in general kind of black and blue right now.

Trucks look like they originated from Minecraft with half-tons positioning 3.5L EcoBoost as premium choice.

GM SBC continues to stomp 5.0L Coyote.

Their sedans are all kind of suck. 

I'm not a Ford hater. Just being real.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 05:20:08 PM »

Trucks look like they originated from Minecraft with half-tons positioning 3.5L EcoBoost as premium choice.

Mark Field's was fired for a reason.  Ford's stock has gone nowhere but down.

I have to disagree with you on Ford Trucks.  I'm not really a fan of the 3.5 eco boost, but it hasn't hurt sales at all.  In fact Ford F series trucks have a healthy lead over the Silverado.

I personally prefer GM trucks to Ford because of the V8.

Ford is doing really well with SUV/Crossovers with the Escape, Explorer, and Edge all selling well.

Regarding Ford cars, the Fusion is the best selling American car and the Focus does alright.  American cars in general are dying right now.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 06:20:56 PM »
I'm glad they got rid of the Crown Vic's.   With these damn cars, I couldn't tell if it was a Ghost Car following me or my Grandparents.

A buddy had one

On the freeway it was wonderful. Everyone got out of ur way

City driving was horrible. Everyone drove 5 under

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 07:58:11 PM »
Possibly cheapest platform to mod. Find a decent one for $500 at an auction, and go to work.

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 03:02:04 PM »
Mark was a result of nepotism.  The company was not stable when he inherited it.

I think it is fcked up that F series is posing the 3.5L EcoBoost as the premium engine.  The Raptor is 3.5L only with 10-spd box (love the new trans it is a great step forward)

New $400K+ Ford GT is EcoBoost 3.5L too.  I just cannot get excited about Ford doing turbo V6.  They are NOT Nissan.  They do not have the heritage to pull off turbo V6 with any kind of prestige.

Americans (myself included), like fat-ass cars with big torque V8.  EcoBoost is a lame powertrain.

Taurus and Fusion are one to two steps behind the times and quickly losing ground.

Mark Field's was fired for a reason.  Ford's stock has gone nowhere but down.

I have to disagree with you on Ford Trucks.  I'm not really a fan of the 3.5 eco boost, but it hasn't hurt sales at all.  In fact Ford F series trucks have a healthy lead over the Silverado.

I personally prefer GM trucks to Ford because of the V8.

Ford is doing really well with SUV/Crossovers with the Escape, Explorer, and Edge all selling well.

Regarding Ford cars, the Fusion is the best selling American car and the Focus does alright.  American cars in general are dying right now.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 03:15:51 PM »
Mark was a result of nepotism.  The company was not stable when he inherited it.

I think it is fcked up that F series is posing the 3.5L EcoBoost as the premium engine.  The Raptor is 3.5L only with 10-spd box (love the new trans it is a great step forward)

New $400K+ Ford GT is EcoBoost 3.5L too.  I just cannot get excited about Ford doing turbo V6.  They are NOT Nissan.  They do not have the heritage to pull off turbo V6 with any kind of prestige.

Americans (myself included), like fat-ass cars with big torque V8.  EcoBoost is a lame powertrain.

Taurus and Fusion are one to two steps behind the times and quickly losing ground.

I drive a 4 cilinder 1.4L turbo.
It has 150 HP. Its a beast. Electronic upgrade to 190HP if requested.
It does 50 miles to a gallon of petrol easy.
Its a Skoda Octavia.

Usa cars need 6L V8 for 300 HP lol!!
O

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 04:10:48 PM »
Its a Skoda Octavia.

150 HP beast. lol  That's like bragging about having 14" biceps. 

13B-T

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 04:19:57 PM »
Its a Skoda Octavia.

Last time I checked all the V6 models were 300+hp and now even the 2.0 Turbo GM is over 300 along with fords 2.3 Turbo. V8s are all over 400 now close to 500 in 6L+ form.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 04:40:23 PM »

The 3.5 turbo in the F150 is an absolute beast with 375 horsepower and 470 lb-ft.  The Raptor 3.5 has 450 hp and 450 lb-ft of torque.  There's no shortage of power in either of these engines.

My issue with these engines is reliability and ease of maintenance.  The OHV V8 is just so easy to rebuild.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 05:35:57 PM »
The 3.5 turbo in the F150 is an absolute beast with 375 horsepower and 470 lb-ft.  The Raptor 3.5 has 450 hp and 450 lb-ft of torque.  There's no shortage of power in either of these engines.

My issue with these engines is reliability and ease of maintenance.  The OHV V8 is just so easy to rebuild.

Actually, I believe the Raptor has 510 lb-ft of torque.  You are right, they do make a lot of power.  The Ford GT version puts out 647 HP.  I am a more of a V8 guy, but have to admit the output of the 3.5 Ecoboost is impressive.  The 2.7 Ecoboost is surpisingly quick also.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 07:42:48 PM »
best cop car ever FACT!!!

no cgi just pure stunts and real crashes and real top speed those aussie filamkers were well known for pushing the boundries back in the day

"

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 07:48:23 PM »
Couple of things to add,

those cop cars in mad max were ford falcons

theory has it that some of the memebers of the motorcycle gang were former cops like max who went rogue and insane, if you notice the ToeCutter and Bubba zanetti both wear the same leather outfits(although) tattered as the cops
"

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 06:39:12 AM »

man, the crown Victoria was iconic in my opinion.....Ford could have keep it going...just a couple refresh here and there......at one time, guys were buying these at auctions like hot cakes......Dodge Charger has now become the work horse for the Police Departments around the country......but Crown Victoria will forever remain the symbol......

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 06:48:31 AM »

well, Ford was happy for the last two years with the redesign of the Mustang......and yes, the GT 350 is still banking Big time for them.....I'm waiting for two more years to get my GT 350, maybe depreciation will be on my side..... ;D

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 04:09:22 PM »
well, Ford was happy for the last two years with the redesign of the Mustang......and yes, the GT 350 is still banking Big time for them.....I'm waiting for two more years to get my GT 350, maybe depreciation will be on my side..... ;D

Word is the next GT500 will be a monster, but one can only guess what the sticker will be.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 05:48:05 PM »
I had a 2002 gran marquis great car everyone thought I was the police. Picked up gen 3 charger rt 5.7 V8 a few months ago it's the most fun I've had in a long time I absolutely love it!! I put a sweet exaughst on it along with a few other bolt ons.  I wish I had a little more cash for the 6.4 scat pack.