Author Topic: WWE Battleground - KHALI RETURNS and MAHAL RETAINS WWE World title  (Read 3500 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I've missed part of this, due to circumstances beyond my control.

Right now, it's the US title match: AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens - I'll go with Styles.

5-way Elimination match (#1 Contender for Women's Smackdown Title): Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch vs. Lana vs. Tamina: For some reason, they have this thing for Lana; so I'm going with the Ravishing Russian.

Smackdown Tag Titles: Usos (c) vs. New Day. I don't think they're ready to give New Day the belts just yet. Usos retain.

Flag Match (probably the main event): John Cena vs. Rusev. UPSET SPECIAL-Rusev for the win.

Punjabi Prison Match (WWE World title): Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Randy Orton. Silliness ensues and Mahal retains.

I missed the Baron Corbin vs. Shinsuke Nakamura match; but my pick was for Corbin.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WWE Battleground
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 06:51:38 PM »
Well. Owens regained the US title.

Now, it's the flag match. So, I guess the Punjabi Prison match really is the main event.

Apparently, they've changed the rules of the flag match. You don't just get the flag off the ring post. You now have to take it up the ramp to one of two flag posts.

OUCH!!! An AA through two tables and that's it for Rusev. CENA WINS!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WWE Battleground
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 07:23:37 PM »
Mike Kanillis vs Sami Zayn, as if I care about this match. But, I guess I'll pick Maria's hubby for this one.

Bad night for me, Zayn wins. Now, it's the Punjabi Prison match for the World title.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WWE Battleground - KHALI RETURNS and MAHAL RETAINS WWE World title
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 06:15:21 AM »
Silliness ensued indeed, courtesy of THE GREAT KHALI. He showed up, shakes the prison and causes Orton to fall down. Khalil grabs Orton by the neck and chokes him out, allowing Mahal to climb out and escape to keep his title.

And it appears the Singh brothers are professional crash test dummies. One of them just smashed into a table from the top of the prison.

They may not make it out of 2017 alive, at this rate.