Author Topic: Trump tax plan is going to raise taxes on people from 150k to 300k  (Read 18722 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Trump tax plan is going to raise taxes on people from 150k to 300k
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2017, 12:26:19 AM »
I'm not going to lie. It's a pretty lousy tax plan considering they have both houses and executive.

This is Trump's tax plan. They isn't Trump.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2017, 01:01:50 AM »
It would cost me more. A lot more

Yup! This seems to be the way it works with taxes. Most of us end up paying more and more taxes, be it income tax, property tax, or fees.

In Oregon, there is a property tax limitation, Measure 5, which is supposed to limit property tax increases to 6 percent per year (when was the last time CPI was 6%?). I live in an affluent neighborhood which regularly votes for property tax increases, despite measure 5 limitations and wins. Our schools are among two of the best funded in Oregon. The "benefits" of living here which are not taxed are paid for with fees. For example, the water bill includes parks and street maintenance. The portion of the bill that actually covers water usage is almost insignificant. We are a suburb of Portland with a lot of parks.

It's not all bad. West Linn police protection is so comprehensive that it rivals paid private security. It's like I can't flick a booger into the street without a cop appearing out of nowhere to give me a ticket for littering. If a panhandler shows up to beg money, they vanish within minutes. The West Linn police once followed me into my driveway to let me know one of my tail lights was out....guess I should have been grateful that they noticed.  ::)

We pay taxes for services, whether we believe we need them or not. It's the American way! "All for one and one for all."

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2017, 02:54:43 AM »
I don't begrudge the "rich" their money. Tax plan should be the same for everyone. Don't take to give to me. Not going to help the economy at all if that is what the point is. Just more redistribution.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2017, 07:19:35 AM »
I'm not going to lie. It's a pretty lousy tax plan considering they have both houses and executive.

makes you think they don't want tax cuts... especially for businesses.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2017, 09:36:45 AM »
makes you think they don't want tax cuts... especially for businesses.

I call it like I see it.  I'm not a fanboy for any politician.  This tax plan doesnt do shit for a ton of people.  If you take away deductions, and lower the rates - all you are doing is really shuffling the deck chairs into different places. 

If they want to say they are simplying the tax code - thats one thing - but it wont result in any more money in peoples pockets for most. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2017, 10:09:53 AM »
Yeah, because everyone wants a mandated blackmail (tax, fine or whatever you want to call it).  ::)

You missed the point. I don’t like Obamacare and I think the law ought to be changed (although I am not sure how it should be changed and what the end result should look like).

The point was that you are completely non-objective and incapable of evaluating reality. The point was that if Trump said “open wide, midget. I want to shit in your mouth” you’d open wide and willingly serve as Trump’s toilet because you hate Obama. And you’d call it a steak too.

The rest of us—who are sane and not blind partisan fools—won’t blindly take  anyone’s shit.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2017, 11:24:11 AM »
You missed the point. I don’t like Obamacare and I think the law ought to be changed (although I am not sure how it should be changed and what the end result should look like).

The point was that you are completely non-objective and incapable of evaluating reality. The point was that if Trump said “open wide, midget. I want to shit in your mouth” you’d open wide and willingly serve as Trump’s toilet because you hate Obama. And you’d call it a steak too.

The rest of us—who are sane and not blind partisan fools—won’t blindly take  anyone’s shit.

Well, it would be one thing if there was some partisanship to be had but there isn't and yes, you'd have be deaf dumb and blind to think otherwise. I never said, not once did I say this was perfect. I believe what I said was "no tax reform will be perfect no matter who writes it, but anything is better than Obamacare". The ONLY thing that made sense was the precondition other than that, it was a blatant outright lie.

The left are proven outright liars extremely divisive and shouldn't be trusted with anything. They're not democrats or liberals, now their marxists and communists and they don't even deny it. If you can't see that there is very little critical thinking when it comes to figuring these people it is black and white because they're so damn predictable.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2017, 11:26:13 AM »
Am I paying more or less? 

Simple as that.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2017, 11:32:13 AM »
Am I paying more or less? 

Simple as that.

Sounds like overall we'll be paying less. We'll find out when the final product is done.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2017, 11:34:54 AM »
Sounds like overall we'll be paying less. We'll find out when the final product is done.

If you live in NY, CA, NJ, MA , TX, MA, or a lot of places - we are going to get killed in higher taxes.   A ton more!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2017, 11:46:29 AM »
If you live in NY, CA, NJ, MA , TX, MA, or a lot of places - we are going to get killed in higher taxes.   A ton more!!!

Definitely nailing the blue states. TX is a surprise if true

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2017, 11:56:25 AM »
Definitely nailing the blue states. TX is a surprise if true

But why should anyone be nailed over politics?

We are all citizens - tons and tons and tons of people in CA and NYS voted for Trump - like I did - so why should we , you or I, get FUCKED!! w tax increases!!!

BS. 

This is yet another scam going nowhere like the ridiculous obamacare real effort.  Trump has ZERO plans or ideas - leaving up to losers in the House and Senate,  good luck Trump - you are going to get nothing in the end.

What a complete waste.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2017, 02:26:51 PM »

But why should anyone be nailed over politics?

We are all citizens - tons and tons and tons of people in CA and NYS voted for Trump - like I did - so why should we , you or I, get FUCKED!! w tax increases!!!

BS. 

This is yet another scam going nowhere like the ridiculous obamacare real effort.  Trump has ZERO plans or ideas - leaving up to losers in the House and Senate,  good luck Trump - you are going to get nothing in the end.

What a complete waste.   

Trump has few, if any "friends" in the House or the Senate. Without their support, he'll accomplish nothing. -No health care repeal, no new tax plan.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »
Well, it would be one thing if there was some partisanship to be had but there isn't and yes, you'd have be deaf dumb and blind to think otherwise. I never said, not once did I say this was perfect. I believe what I said was "no tax reform will be perfect no matter who writes it, but anything is better than Obamacare". The ONLY thing that made sense was the precondition other than that, it was a blatant outright lie.

The left are proven outright liars extremely divisive and shouldn't be trusted with anything. They're not democrats or liberals, now their marxists and communists and they don't even deny it. If you can't see that there is very little critical thinking when it comes to figuring these people it is black and white because they're so damn predictable.

Both sides serve you the same shit. You just eat one side’s shit and call it steak, while complaining about the other. It’s not even about ideas.

Obama could have been (but, obviously, wasn’t) the best President we’d ever seen and you’d have kept up your incessant Kenyan birtherism nonsense and anti-Obama rhetoric. Because you don’t look at reality; you look at the party label.

And because of the party label, and his populist appeal, you see a glowing messianic figure in the face of Trump, regardless of the reality.

Trump has turned out (perhaps surprisingly, perhaps not) to be an abject failure. He brilliantly ripped up the playbook and crushed the field of competitors in the primary with the kind of political chess we hadn’t seen before. He then beat up on a dead horse to win the Presidency.

And since then, he’s made mistake after mistake at every turn. Everything he criticized Obama for, he’s done. High-level positions in the executive branch are unfilled. He’s hired incompetent people and fired competent people because that’s how he felt (which is his prerogative, but a stupid move nonetheless). He’s demonstrated almost pathological nepotism and narcissism. He’s demonstrated poor grasp of internal and external politics and an almost complete inability to focus on anything for more than a microsecond. He’s wasted hours “tweeting” about nonsense from Emmy ratings to Colin Kaepernick. He hasn’t managed to marshal his considerable political capital into passage of a single bill. He’s cried that bad people attack him, while launching vicious attacks of his own against those who don’t kiss his ring. And, throughout all this, he’s availed himself of every opportunity to tell us how very very great job he’s doing and how it’s the best and we’ll only get better.

I had hoped that the gravity of the situation would become obvious to him. That the weight of the office would drive him to do better and work harder and stop with the theatrics. It hasn’t happened. I doubt it ever will.

Trump promised us we’d be sick of winning. I’m not sure if this is winning, but whatever it is, I am sick of it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2017, 03:19:29 PM »
Trump has few, if any "friends" in the House or the Senate. Without their support, he'll accomplish nothing. -No health care repeal, no new tax plan.

I call it like I see it.  He seems lazy in terms of this.  He has no plans and leaves it up to themosers in the congress.   No wonder we are so screwed and nothing positive going to happen

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2017, 05:06:00 PM »
I call it like I see it.  He seems lazy in terms of this.  He has no plans and leaves it up to themosers in the congress.   No wonder we are so screwed and nothing positive going to happen

You can catch Trump in Bedminster this weekend, if you missed him the six other weekends he's been at the Trump National Golf Club golfing.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2017, 05:12:13 PM »
doesn't do shit = totally fucks you

If they have  their way you will  no longer be able to write off your property tax or state income tax (you'll effectively be paying taxes on taxes) and of course raising the lowest tax bracket will effect everyone as well

You shouldn't be able to write off your state income tax, i posted about this a few months ago.

The states that dont have income tax subidize the states that do. Your federal income tax payment is less b/c your state taxes you first. That's bull shit I dont benefit from that and pay a higher amount federally for shit you do benefit from.

Realistically the removal of the SALT provision will hit higher income earners more than lower. You know the people your and the dems are always saying need to pay their fair share?

Come on straw, time to put up or shut up...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2017, 05:21:20 PM »
You can catch Trump in Bedminster this weekend, if you missed him the six other weekends he's been at the Trump National Golf Club golfing.

Good, he's got more done with less staff in 9 months than Obama has in his ENTIRE political career.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2017, 05:38:26 PM »
Good, he's got more done with less staff in 9 months than Obama has in his ENTIRE political career.
Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »
You shouldn't be able to write off your state income tax, i posted about this a few months ago.

The states that dont have income tax subidize the states that do. Your federal income tax payment is less b/c your state taxes you first. That's bull shit I dont benefit from that and pay a higher amount federally for shit you do benefit from.

Realistically the removal of the SALT provision will hit higher income earners more than lower. You know the people your and the dems are always saying need to pay their fair share?

The fairest income tax plan is one where everyone pays the same rate and there are no deductions. I don't see this ever happening. Among other things, it would put a whole lot of people out of work, such as, anyone working for the IRS, tax preparers and tax attorneys. It also would be one less item Congress that can't get done. Since VA disability benefits, welfare are not taxed. Social Security as a sole source of income is not taxed. People at the poverty level would catch a break.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2017, 05:42:30 PM »
Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

Coach wears blinders.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2017, 06:00:19 PM »
This fucking jerk-off is passing the bill to the likes of me.

I'm beginning to dislike this shit head.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2017, 06:32:53 PM »

taxes paid is a legitimate and justified deduction

no state is subsidizing CA due to our income tax

The states with no income tax just raise the money in different ways (such as Texas who has much higher property tax rates than CA)

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2017, 06:36:17 PM »

As I said. You're a blindered, partisan fool.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2017, 06:17:37 AM »
taxes paid is a legitimate and justified deduction

no state is subsidizing CA due to our income tax

The states with no income tax just raise the money in different ways (such as Texas who has much higher property tax rates than CA)

Actually we do...

Property tax does not adjust with income it adjust with property value and is regressive in taxation...you know one of those things liberals are always saying they disagree with?

Which is exactly why removing the SALT provision would hit high income earners more and be inline with your progressive views.

It's amazing how fast you're willing to push your political views aside when it costs you more money.