Author Topic: Trump tax plan is going to raise taxes on people from 150k to 300k  (Read 18718 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Trump tax plan is going to raise taxes on people from 150k to 300k
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2017, 07:44:32 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/03/us/politics/republican-tax-plan-state-and-local-deduction.html

Like I said when I started this thread - this entire bill is a complete sham and BS.  I call it like I see it.  Most people won't see an extra dime from this. 

What a FNG waste. 

If we are stuck with ObamaPOScare and the net result of this tax idiocy is that anyone pays a penny more in taxes - than whats the point? 

If we are cutting taxes across the board - why would anyone who pays taxes have to pay a cent more? 

Total crap.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2017, 04:32:16 PM »
To me - the most people should be paying less taxes. 

hhhmmmm.   

as a middle class idiot in NYC area - this causes me to pay more.  So guess what - I'm not happy about it.   :(

I'm with you on this. Only a fool would be happy to pay more taxes. I'll lobby for any changes that lower my tax burden and I'll lobby against any changes which will raise it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2017, 04:47:14 PM »
I'm with you on this. Only a fool would be happy to pay more taxes. I'll lobby for any changes that lower my tax burden and I'll lobby against any changes which will raise it.

:o

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2017, 04:50:59 PM »

Do you think the money is being wasted as it is, or what?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2017, 05:55:42 PM »
Do you think the money is being wasted as it is, or what?

There is always monetary waste, whether it is in government, business or on a personal level. I wish this was not true, but it is. Like almost all people, I benefit from government programs, whether they have to do with infrastructure, education, defense or health, etc.

I was a state public employee for the bulk of working life. The wages covered my cost of living. The benefits, such as sick leave, vacations, group health insurance and retirement investments have all been good. Not get rich good, but having a decent quality of life good. I was and am grateful for this. I saw waste, but I tried never to contribute to it.

Regarding the current political scene in Washington D.C., waste continues or has escalated. Promises of "draining the swamp" haven't happened and probably won't. Trump's weekend breaks travel expenses are wasteful. We all pay for his continuing campaign speeches around the country in preparation for reelection, when the cost of this should be bore by campaign fund-raisers, not to mention he's doing it using time he should be spending being President. His appointing people with no government experience has been wasteful in several ways, not the least of which is progress. It appears as if Trump thinks he's still hosting his reality show, The Apprentice, because every Friday he say's "you're fired!" to someone he appointed only 8 or less months ago. Except as entertainment for some, Trump's tweets and off-the-wall comments are a waste of time and a danger to our security, international relationships and progress.

Yes, there is a lot of waste in government, now that I think about it.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2017, 09:39:11 PM »
There is always monetary waste, whether it is in government, business or on a personal level. I wish this was not true, but it is. Like almost all people, I benefit from government programs, whether they have to do with infrastructure, education, defense or health, etc.

I was a state public employee for the bulk of working life. The wages covered my cost of living. The benefits, such as sick leave, vacations, group health insurance and retirement investments have all been good. Not get rich good, but having a decent quality of life good. I was and am grateful for this. I saw waste, but I tried never to contribute to it.

Regarding the current political scene in Washington D.C., waste continues or has escalated. Promises of "draining the swamp" haven't happened and probably won't. Trump's weekend breaks travel expenses are wasteful. We all pay for his continuing campaign speeches around the country in preparation for reelection, when the cost of this should be bore by campaign fund-raisers, not to mention he's doing it using time he should be spending being President. His appointing people with no government experience has been wasteful in several ways, not the least of which is progress. It appears as if Trump thinks he's still hosting his reality show, The Apprentice, because every Friday he say's "you're fired!" to someone he appointed only 8 or less months ago. Except as entertainment for some, Trump's tweets and off-the-wall comments are a waste of time and a danger to our security, international relationships and progress.

Yes, there is a lot of waste in government, now that I think about it.

Do you think you're becoming more conservative in the traditional sense, with Trump in office?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2017, 11:15:44 AM »
Senate Tax Bill Would Kill SALT Deduction
Roll Call ^ | 11/09/2017 | Roll Call Staff
Posted on 11/9/2017, 12:59:33 PM by GIdget2004

The Senate tax overhaul would fully repeal the state and local tax deduction, according to a GOP aide and senator.

Democrats were quick to pounce on the news, saying the House GOP’s move to allow some state and local tax deductions to stay for property taxes was just a fig leaf.

“The Republicans in the House thought they were throwing a few crumbs to members to get them to walk the plank,” House Minority Nancy Pelosi said of the House GOP plan to provide for a maximum $10,000 deduction for state and local property taxes. “That is not in the Senate bill.”

(Excerpt) Read more at rollcall.com ...

________________________ ________________

What total garbage - the GOP is the damn worst!!!  WTF

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2017, 11:24:37 AM »
Senate Tax Bill Would Kill SALT Deduction
Roll Call ^ | 11/09/2017 | Roll Call Staff
Posted on 11/9/2017, 12:59:33 PM by GIdget2004

The Senate tax overhaul would fully repeal the state and local tax deduction, according to a GOP aide and senator.

Democrats were quick to pounce on the news, saying the House GOP’s move to allow some state and local tax deductions to stay for property taxes was just a fig leaf.

“The Republicans in the House thought they were throwing a few crumbs to members to get them to walk the plank,” House Minority Nancy Pelosi said of the House GOP plan to provide for a maximum $10,000 deduction for state and local property taxes. “That is not in the Senate bill.”

(Excerpt) Read more at rollcall.com ...

________________________ ________________

What total garbage - the GOP is the damn worst!!!  WTF

I wish we could fire every member of Congress and start over. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2017, 01:45:02 PM »

In theory that would be great, in practice, probably a debacle but I agree with your sentiment. And while we're talking about tax reform, unless it consists of at least 4 things, to me it's just another sham.

Any true tax reform has GOT to simplify the tax code. That we let it get this far out of hand is a shame. Special interests are why anyone not single and working a 9 to 5 job have to hire professionals and even then, there  is no guarantee it's accurate, and more importantly, you aren't overpaying taxes.

Then while we are doing that, we need to address all the loop holes, where I'm not paying more taxes than a fortune 500 company, even worse, more than 5 fortune 500 companies combined. That people who aren't paying any taxes or very little, aren't getting refunds 5X larger than they paid in. 

5 billion was paid out to fraudulent accounts, not a single job was lost over it. This year will be no different. Because the code is so ridiculous and auditors cannot keep up with them all, fraud is prevalent and is wasting my money. I miss a $50 earned interest and I'm fined... they pay 5 billion to scammers and no one bats an eye

Finally, after we've dealt with the money coming in portion, our taxes, we need to change the way of thinking in Washington about spending it. The environment now is, if they have it, they'll find a way to spend it. They'll even spend what they don't have. It's not their money, they don't care. The Presidents outings are just a drop in the bucket of federal waste. The military is a huge part of it. Republicans are supposed to be conservative, but I sure don't see it in the spending, they aren't much better than Democrats, they just have different toys they want to buy or programs they want to fund.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2017, 03:23:41 PM »

But you can't. Start over with who, the people you choose?  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2017, 03:33:59 PM »
In theory that would be great, in practice, probably a debacle but I agree with your sentiment. And while we're talking about tax reform, unless it consists of at least 4 things, to me it's just another sham.

Any true tax reform has GOT to simplify the tax code. That we let it get this far out of hand is a shame. Special interests are why anyone not single and working a 9 to 5 job have to hire professionals and even then, there  is no guarantee it's accurate, and more importantly, you aren't overpaying taxes.

Then while we are doing that, we need to address all the loop holes, where I'm not paying more taxes than a fortune 500 company, even worse, more than 5 fortune 500 companies combined. That people who aren't paying any taxes or very little, aren't getting refunds 5X larger than they paid in. 

5 billion was paid out to fraudulent accounts, not a single job was lost over it. This year will be no different. Because the code is so ridiculous and auditors cannot keep up with them all, fraud is prevalent and is wasting my money. I miss a $50 earned interest and I'm fined... they pay 5 billion to scammers and no one bats an eye

Finally, after we've dealt with the money coming in portion, our taxes, we need to change the way of thinking in Washington about spending it. The environment now is, if they have it, they'll find a way to spend it. They'll even spend what they don't have. It's not their money, they don't care. The Presidents outings are just a drop in the bucket of federal waste. The military is a huge part of it. Republicans are supposed to be conservative, but I sure don't see it in the spending, they aren't much better than Democrats, they just have different toys they want to buy or programs they want to fund.

My preference is a flat tax.  Eliminate all deductions.  Fairest and simplest way to do it.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2017, 03:34:35 PM »
My preference is a flat tax.  Eliminate all deductions.  Fairest and simplest way to do it.

This. ^

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2017, 03:34:43 PM »
But you can't. Start over with who, the people you choose?  ::)

Yes the people I choose.  Along with every other voter.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2017, 03:37:44 PM »
Yes the people I choose.  Along with every other voter.  

Every other voter chose the people who are presently in Congress. How do you think they got there?  Your choice alone will mean nothing in the scope of things.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2017, 03:40:41 PM »
Every other voter chose the people who are presently in Congress. How do you think they got there?  Your choice alone will mean nothing in the scope of things.

I understand my preference is unrealistic.  I was obviously venting.  I'm not happy with Congress.  They suck.  All of them.  I want term limits.  You can be happy with the duds we have in DC.  Fine.  THAT's how they got there, and stay there, because of people like you who don't care. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2017, 03:47:18 PM »
I understand my preference is unrealistic.  I was obviously venting.  I'm not happy with Congress.  They suck.  All of them.  I want term limits.  You can be happy with the duds we have in DC.  Fine.  THAT's how they got there, and stay there, because of people like you who don't care.  

Nowhere did I say anything about not caring. I vote in every election. How about you?  I only vote for incumbents when they are the best candidate running with any likelihood of winning. Just so you know, I'm not happy with Congress's performance either. Term limits is a great idea, except there are less and less folks willing to go into politics. How do you think we got into this mess. In the last Presidential election, we were stuck voting for the best of the worst.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2017, 03:48:24 PM »
Just saw that Gary Cohn is actually trying to sell the horseshit of "trickle down" benefits to the middle class

I'm sure a few Trumptards will eagerly eat up that bullshit but the rest of us (including most Republicans) know it's total horseshit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2017, 03:57:49 PM »
Nowhere did I say anything about not caring. I vote in every election. How about you?  I only vote for incumbents when they are the best candidate running with any likelihood of winning. Just so you know, I'm not happy with Congress's performance either. Term limits is a great idea, except there are less and less folks willing to go into politics. How do you think we got into this mess. In the last Presidential election, we were stuck voting for the best of the worst.

I vote in every local, state, and national election.  I'm glad you support term limits.  We definitely need them. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2017, 04:00:37 PM »
I vote in every local, state, and national election.  I'm glad you support term limits.  We definitely need them. 

Okay, we are good then.

I even voted in this month's election even though there were no candidates running in my district, just ballot measures.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2017, 04:02:43 PM »
Okay, we are good then.

I even voted in this month's election even though there were no candidates running in my district, just ballot measures.

Cool.  That's great.  Our voter turnout is among the worst on the planet.   :-\

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2017, 04:21:49 PM »

In theory the American people can do just that, every 2 years.
Problem is, we don't.

Incumbents get locked in due to politically engineered gerrymandered voting districts.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »
In theory the American people can do just that, every 2 years.
Problem is, we don't.

Incumbents get locked in due to politically engineered gerrymandered voting districts.

No we can't.  You don't even have a surface level understanding of the political process do you? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2017, 05:49:50 PM »

Term limits is really us.. the US Citizen, admitting we are not capable of making good choices... it's insulting to me, someone who like you, picks the person who I feel is best suited... but lately I've lost hope in many of my fellow Americans, and have no confidence in their ability to get off their lazy asses and research candidates, they can't even figure out a meme with Abraham Lincoln talking about the internet is fake, so yeah, bring on term limits until we get back to being responsible voters.. if we ever do

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2017, 05:57:15 PM »
Term limits is really us.. the US Citizen, admitting we are not capable of making good choices... it's insulting to me, someone who like you, picks the person who I feel is best suited... but lately I've lost hope in many of my fellow Americans, and have no confidence in their ability to get off their lazy asses and research candidates, they can't even figure out a meme with Abraham Lincoln talking about the internet is fake, so yeah, bring on term limits until we get back to being responsible voters.. if we ever do

Before you put all the blame on the voters, consider the options they often have, which is lousy and lousier. Being a politician is not the greatest job to have anymore.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2017, 06:23:31 PM »

True.  And money has corrupted the system.