Author Topic: Trump tax plan is going to raise taxes on people from 150k to 300k  (Read 18779 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Trump tax plan is going to raise taxes on people from 150k to 300k
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2017, 07:39:28 PM »
My preference is a flat tax.  Eliminate all deductions.  Fairest and simplest way to do it.
Not really. I know many who make a ton of cash and only claim they make about 10% of it. A national sales tax would probably be the fairest.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2017, 08:15:13 PM »
Not really. I know many who make a ton of cash and only claim they make about 10% of it. A national sales tax would probably be the fairest.

It doesn't matter what they (or anyone else) makes if everyone is paying the same percentage. 

No way should we have a national sales tax.  We'd wind up with both federal income and sales taxes.  Screw that. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2017, 08:27:42 PM »
My point is there are people who make 300k and only claim 40k because their business takes in mostly cash. How is this the same? If someone gets a W2 stating he makes 300k and the other makes the same but gets cash, so claims he only makes 40k

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2017, 01:20:03 AM »
My point is there are people who make 300k and only claim 40k because their business takes in mostly cash. How is this the same? If someone gets a W2 stating he makes 300k and the other makes the same but gets cash, so claims he only makes 40k

Aren't they already supposed to report that cash by law?  Aren't they breaking the law and cheating on their taxes by not reporting it?  Wouldn't this happen with or without a flat tax?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2017, 05:08:44 AM »
http://beta.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-gop-tax-plan-20171109-story.html

This scam is going to be the GOP version of ObamaCare  - what a complete sham and fraud. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2017, 07:05:21 AM »
Aren't they already supposed to report that cash by law?  Aren't they breaking the law and cheating on their taxes by not reporting it?  Wouldn't this happen with or without a flat tax?
Yes, yes and correct. That's why I think only a national sales tax would be fair.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2017, 07:06:21 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2017, 09:26:57 AM »

Exactly. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2017, 10:36:34 AM »
Exactly. 

That's why they were supporting a national sales tax. No matter what you make and or report, the sales tax would come into play and even it out. Personally, I haven't researched which system is the most fair, flat or sales, there has never been a time when either was even remotely close to being considered by Congress. But if they are talking real tax reform and NOT mentioning or seriously considering either of these, it's probably a safe bet it's not going to be much in the way of reform

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2017, 11:07:19 AM »
That's why they were supporting a national sales tax. No matter what you make and or report, the sales tax would come into play and even it out. Personally, I haven't researched which system is the most fair, flat or sales, there has never been a time when either was even remotely close to being considered by Congress. But if they are talking real tax reform and NOT mentioning or seriously considering either of these, it's probably a safe bet it's not going to be much in the way of reform

I've said this many times before, but there is no way we should have a federal sales tax, purportedly to replace federal income tax, because we would inevitably wind up with both. 

Flat tax is a pipe dream anyway.   :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2017, 12:09:03 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/us/politics/senate-tax-bill.html

Unbelievable.     F you GOP - go F yourselves you worthless POS!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2017, 12:24:04 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/us/politics/senate-tax-bill.html

Unbelievable.     F you GOP - go F yourselves you worthless POS!

serious question

what is so unbelievable about it

it's 100% consistent in what they truly believe (not what they say publicly of course)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2017, 01:08:46 PM »
serious question

what is so unbelievable about it

it's 100% consistent in what they truly believe (not what they say publicly of course)

How hard is it just to reduce ALL taxes across the board by say 5% and leave everything else alone? 

What these aholes are doing is financing business tax cuts on the backs of the middle and upper middle class. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2017, 01:18:32 PM »
How hard is it just to reduce ALL taxes across the board by say 5% and leave everything else alone? 

What these aholes are doing is financing business tax cuts on the backs of the middle and upper middle class. 

yep, that and then find a way to pay for it by reducing spending somewhere else rather than trying to sell the total horseshit that cutting taxes will stimulate the economy and that future growth will offset the loss of revenue

The entire premise of the TeaBag party was to fight against increases in the deficit and debt

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2017, 01:59:57 PM »

It's not hard, it just wouldn't address a lot of the loop holes (opportunities) for corporations to avoid paying taxes. an entire overhaul of the tax code is needed for tax reform to matter to any of us but the rich

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2017, 02:02:22 PM »

I agree with YOU on that , BUT that's not how it works when anyone takes power.
Trump's just trying to take care of his uber-rich pals from the Wall street cliché.
Look at who he picked for the key financial posts?!

I'll give Trump credit for one thing, ending the "estate tax" will provide a windfall of tax relief for him, his kids and all
his rich pals kids.

Anyone who still thinks Trump is the champion of the working man deserves to get duped.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2017, 02:04:57 PM »
I agree with YOU on that , BUT that's not how it works when anyone takes power.
Trump's just trying to take care of his uber-rich pals from the Wall street cliché.
Look at who he picked for the key financial posts?!

I'll give Trump credit for one thing, ending the "estate tax" will provide a windfall of tax relief for him, his kids and all
his rich pals kids.

Anyone who still thinks Trump is the champion of the working man deserves to get duped.

Well, he's not black, or female and he looks down on minorities and is a womanizer, he'll get plenty of support just from that.   

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2017, 02:16:56 PM »
Well, he's not black, or female and he looks down on minorities and is a womanizer, he'll get plenty of support just from that.   

I was amazed that the ET bus Billy Bush pussy grab tape didn't hurt Trump before the '16 election.
I assumed THAT would sink him with a majority of the evangelical voters.
This was one time they couldn't refuse to believe he said it because he was on tape.

For some reason, talking about grabbing pussy and insulting people never hurt Trump with the religious right.
I still don't understand why?

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2017, 02:25:34 PM »
I was amazed that the ET bus Billy Bush pussy grab tape didn't hurt Trump before the '16 election.
This was one time they couldn't refuse to believe he said it because he was on tape.

For some reason, talking about grabbing pussy and insulting people never hurt Trump with the religious right.

the evangelicals didn't mind the grabbing pussy tape because Trump promised to get the country saying "Merry Christmas" again.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2017, 02:49:01 PM »
I call it like I see it - this tax plan so far seems like a complete fraud and a scam no different than the democrat version of Obamacare

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2017, 03:38:46 PM »

Because most evangelicals are hypocrites.. Hope this helps

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2017, 11:08:39 AM »

Because most evangelicals are hypocrites.. Hope this helps

Not even as close as most liberals and leftists

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2017, 03:36:44 PM »
Not even as close as most liberals and leftists

You naïve man....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2017, 09:54:38 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2017, 11:42:51 AM »
The Latest: Tax jump for households earning under $200K
Associated Press ^ | November 13th, 2017 | Unattributed
Posted on 11/13/2017, 1:07:43 PM by Mariner

Congressional analysts are estimating that the Republican Senate tax bill would increase taxes in 2019 for some 13.8 million U.S. households earning less than $200,000 a year.

The nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation provided the analysis Monday as the Senate’s tax-writing committee begins work on its version of the tax overhaul bill. The legislation, promoted as a boon to the middle class, would steeply cut corporate taxes, double the standard deduction, and limit or repeal completely the federal deduction for state and local property and income taxes.

The analysis of the Senate plan says 13.8 million households, or about 10 percent of all taxpayers, would face a tax increase of $100 to $500 in 2019. There also would be increases greater than $500 for a number of taxpayers, especially those with incomes between $75,000 and $200,000. By 2025, 21.4 million households would have tax increases.

(Excerpt) Read more at apnews.com ...