Author Topic: Stephen King's IT (Official Thread) Teaser, Trailer and Information  (Read 23385 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Stephen King's IT (Official Thread) Teaser, Trailer and Information
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »
Good movie very creepy. Little trash mouth kid was funny.
A

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2017, 04:02:02 PM »
one of the filming locations was this creepy house at 450 pape avenue.

I used to have a townhouse at 83 pape back in the 90's

https://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/6812657-lights-camera-too-much-action-at-oft-used-pape-avenue-film-set/
"

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 02:22:58 AM »
Good movie very creepy. Little trash mouth kid was funny.

Yeah, saw it yesterday. Liked it. Nothing outstanding or anything, but good. (Clown was sick).
Ok Georgie??

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2017, 03:34:20 AM »
Yeah, saw it yesterday. Liked it. Nothing outstanding or anything, but good. (Clown was sick).
Ok Georgie??

What illness did the Clown have?
Q

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2017, 03:37:26 AM »

B R

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2017, 03:37:43 AM »
I was in rehab with Pennywise's cousin.......

Bad News Brown

• Getbig II
  • How bout 5 cross yo lip?
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2017, 04:27:07 AM »
  ;D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2017, 05:00:21 AM »

Inflamed funny bone...

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2017, 06:27:28 AM »
For those that have seen the movie what is the clown like? Is he played well in this movie? How does it compare to the original version played by Tim Curry? Want to see for myself but haven't had the chance yet, appreciate any reviews.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2017, 06:51:30 AM »
The actor that plays him has a lazy eye. Which adds to the creepiness.
A

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2017, 08:40:09 AM »
Here is Pennywise without his make-up. His real name is not Pennywise but it is ....Bill Istvan Günther Skarsgård.

He was also in Atomic Blonde.

His brother is  Alexander Skarsgård who was Tarzan in the most recent Tarzan movie. (Legend of Tarzan???)

I gotta admit that he did a damn good job as Pennywise in my humble opinion . That's about the best thing I can say about "IT".

And according to IMDB .... he stays pretty damn busy.

Castle Rock (TV Series) (filming)
2017 Moomins and the Winter Wonderland (voice) 2017 Assassination Nation (post-production)  Mark
Ascendant (TV Movie) (pre-production) Matthew
Emperor (post-production) Philip II of Spain

Has anyone ever seen this other flick?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2017, 09:01:26 AM »
Was't it True Adonis and Marty Champion who recently had small parts in a major motion picture or TV series?

If so .... You guys have your foot in the studio door and should pursue additional motion picture work.

Once in (which is the hardest part) you could make great contacts for future roles and over time you could also be collecting thousands/millions in residuals.

How would Marty be as James Bond?

And Adonis as Batman's butler?

GetBig should have its own motion picture talent agency!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 09:49:29 AM »
A couple of friends in he movie making business have been giving me a bad time regarding my adverse comments about IT. I've been accused of having a bad attitude because I have not read the book and do not understand a 'damn thing' about Pennywise.

So I've been doing some 'research' on Pennywise (IT) to see if this new found knowledge will help change may attitude about this major motion picture which I found so boring.

I did that research .....

So at present .... I am most likely the most knowledgeable GetBig person on this board when it comes to knowing Pennywise and his sinister and evil background.

That knowledge would take too damn many words to explain adequately in one post so I'll start off slow and then continue further if there is any interest regarding exactly who Pennywise is and why he is so damn  mean to kids and scarrie for millions of Stephen King fans.

First insert :  According to Pennywise (It), when humans got scared, all the chemicals of fear flood the body and salt the meat.

This is why he prefers to feast on children — their fears are simple, pure, and powerful compared to the complex, pathological fears of adults.

Basically, children are delicious.

That hunger for tasty, tasty, beautiful fear is pretty much the sole reason Pennywise returns to Derry, Maine every 27 years to torment and feed on the townsfolk before retreating into a new cycle of slumber.

More to follow about Penny if there is any interest ..... It does get complicated though.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2017, 10:48:47 AM »
A couple of friends in he movie making business have been giving me a bad time regarding my adverse comments about IT. I've been accused of having a bad attitude because I have not read the book and do not understand a 'damn thing' about Pennywise.

So I've been doing some 'research' on Pennywise (IT) to see if this new found knowledge will help change may attitude about this major motion picture which I found so boring.

I did that research .....

So at present .... I am most likely the most knowledgeable GetBig person on this board when it comes to knowing Pennywise and his sinister and evil background.

That knowledge would take too damn many words to explain adequately in one post so I'll start off slow and then continue further if there is any interest regarding exactly who Pennywise is and why he is so damn  mean to kids and scarrie for millions of Stephen King fans.

First insert :  According to Pennywise (It), when humans got scared, all the chemicals of fear flood the body and salt the meat.

This is why he prefers to feast on children — their fears are simple, pure, and powerful compared to the complex, pathological fears of adults.

Basically, children are delicious.

That hunger for tasty, tasty, beautiful fear is pretty much the sole reason Pennywise returns to Derry, Maine every 27 years to torment and feed on the townsfolk before retreating into a new cycle of slumber.

More to follow about Penny if there is any interest ..... It does get complicated though.

So you read the wiki. Awesome.
A

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2017, 11:02:19 AM »
H, I haven't seen the "WIKI" but I'll check that next to enhance my Pennywise expertise. Thanks!

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2017, 07:00:11 PM »
I have to say that I liked it.

In a year of some real crap, this is one of the better films to come down the road.

I thought the acting was good. The children are fine. The guy playing Pennywise is strong.

I don't want to compare his performance to Curry's. No need really.

Obviously, Curry is a talent. Let's not forget his performance as Darkness in Ridley Scott's Legend.

Scary? I  don't know. A few disturbing scenes.

But I have a weird history with horror films.

I am a fan of the genre. However, I don't believe that I have ever been scared of a film. Even when I was quite young, I was able to watch The Omen, The Exorcist, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre with no problem or lingering aftereffects.

I don't watch them in hopes of being spooked, or to use them as some sort of emotional release.

In the end, I just want a good movie.

I think we have one here.

I can say that I am looking forward to the second one where they are all adults.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2017, 10:28:46 PM »
This was a movie set in the 80s like the original movie should have been. It's not a modern slasher flick but it will be a classic - it has the right feel to last.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2017, 11:51:46 PM »
Was't it True Adonis and Marty Champion who recently had small parts in a major motion picture or TV series?

If so .... You guys have your foot in the studio door and should pursue additional motion picture work.

Once in (which is the hardest part) you could make great contacts for future roles and over time you could also be collecting thousands/millions in residuals.

How would Marty be as James Bond?

And Adonis as Batman's butler?

GetBig should have its own motion picture talent agency!

Please no, you got to be kidding me

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2017, 12:25:40 AM »
I was in rehab with Pennywise's cousin.......

Lemme guess, bully to the family?
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2017, 12:30:02 AM »

True Adonis played an extra Cowboy in "Django" at Don Johnsons farm, Alexxx was in 300, Marty was in a movie where he interviewed women on the street.
Q

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2017, 01:00:10 AM »
Interesting story behind that 300 motion picture.

The principal owner of that production initiated Legendary Pictures and recently sold it for 3.5 BILLION (US).

Almost every movie you have seen is a Legendary production.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2017, 06:01:09 AM »
Good movie. Every adult was a creep. Adult bad vibes = pennywise

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »
The film is a 5 - 6 out of 10.

The good -

Pretty scenery, they did a decent job of imagining what a 1980's New England small town would look like.

Good sound track, although not used perfectly (e.g. The syrupy sweet rock fight for those that have seen the film).

---------------------------------

The bad -

The cast is very ho-hum. It pains me to say it, because they are child actors, but they just aren't that good. With an exception being made for the girl that plays Beverly, and maybe the fat kid, they all come off boring, and lack depth. They aren't the young River Phoenixes, Corey Haims, etc.... of their generation. If you compare this to something like "Stand By Me" or other teen buddy films of the 70's - 80's, you'll see it. Those younger actors just seem a million times more worldly. Not much to say about the few adults in the film.

This Pennywise is nowhere near the level of Curry. Curry is a much finer physical and emotional actor than this guy. Also the presentation of It physically is much better costume wise in the old Tv film. The old Tv version is a much more atmospheric horror, while this one is more of a typical mainstream 2000's era film. To make an analogy, Curry's Pennywise is that slick pimp that slowly leads you into the horror, with only flashes of what's to come. While this other Pennywise is the drunk at the bar, that just letting it all hang out.

The script is alright, although the Tv version was a much darker, meaner, and more human film. My main problem is that it is a very soft horror at its core. Aside from some cursing, this entire film could be played on TBS, Fx, or any of the cable networks uncut. It could probably be played on regular Tv too without much interruption. It's an R, that plays like a PG - 13.

Also like many films, they made sure not to offend or be too gritty. There was a fag joke, couple of fat jokes, a couple of Jew jokes on the part of the teenage gang, but that was it. There wasn't any anti-black racism at all by them, and that just didn't ring true. You mean a 1980's gang of white 14 and 15 year olds isn't going to let the N bomb slip? Get the fuck out of here. Both the source material, and the old Tv film are rougher and more authentic in this regard.

It's a shame if this goes down as being the final version of It, it deserves a better send off. Something like a cable season like they did with 11-22-63, probably would've been much finer.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2017, 09:28:56 AM »
We saw it this weekend. Decent remake.
S

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2017, 01:02:51 AM »
Can't wait for the remake of death wish with Bruce Willis...