Author Topic: Ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt  (Read 1109 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt
« on: July 31, 2017, 01:38:03 PM »
Will he be forced to wear the pink underwear and sweat under the desert heat if he's convicted? He should be treated like every other criminal and we should be tough on crime.

Ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt

Former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio was found guilty on Monday of criminal contempt for defying a judge's court order to stop traffic patrols that targeted immigrants.

Arpaio, 85, was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court, declaring that he willfully defied a judge's order in 2011 and prolonged his patrols for another 17 months, Fox 10 Phoenix reported.

He is expected to be sentenced on Oct. 5 and faces up to six months in jail if convicted, though some attorneys doubt Arpaio will face any jail time.

Arpaio's lawyers argued that the former sheriff did not intend to break the law. The ex-lawman admitted to prolonging his patrols, but then blamed one of his former attorneys for not fully explaining the court order.

However, prosecutors insisted that Arpaio ignored the judge's orders because the former sheriff was attempting to boost his 2012 campaign.

"He wanted to raise money and win re-election, and it worked," prosecutor John Keller said.

Last week, Arpaio said he felt "optimistic" about his case.

Arpaio's tactics over 24 years in office drew fierce opponents as well as enthusiastic supporters nationwide who championed what they considered a tough-on-crime approach, including forcing inmates to wear pink underwear and housing them in tents outside in the desert heat.

He was voted out of office in November 2016, defeated by little-known retired Phoenix police Sgt. Paul Penzone.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/31/ex-sheriff-joe-arpaio-found-guilty-criminal-contempt.html

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty of criminal contempt
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 02:28:29 PM »
I always liked Sheriff Joe and cracked up when he has the inmates wear pink underwear LOL
I wish him well in this law suit.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 07:46:34 PM »
He was a good lawman.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 08:23:27 PM »
Joe Arpaio could have been the Governor of Arizona for 25 years if he wanted.

So after the 85 year old man loses an election, then the liberal parasites and La Raza cockroaches come out of the woodwork to attack him. Not one of these pricks would have took on Sheriff Joe a few years ago.

Under Sheriff Joe's leadership you sure as hell wouldn't have had some guy who was deported 20 times coming back into the US (Portland) to rape an innocent citizen.

The liberal ideology and their sanctuary cities are a slap in the face of all sane Americans. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 09:06:06 PM »

So after the 85 year old man loses an election, then the liberal parasites and La Raza cockroaches come out of the woodwork to attack him. Not one of these pricks would have took on Sheriff Joe a few years ago.

Under Sheriff Joe's leadership you sure as hell wouldn't have had some guy who was deported 20 times coming back into the US (Portland) to rape an innocent citizen.

The liberal ideology and their sanctuary cities are a slap in the face of all sane Americans. 
Well said.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 08:22:24 AM »

Joe Arpaio did a lot more than run a jail with inhumane conditions....he abused his power, ran investigations on his opponents to get elected, and systematically sweep open cases under the rug.  The people that are coming after him are not liberals or Democrats.  Its hardline conservatives who are simply sick and tired of his shit
A

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 08:54:55 AM »

Joe Arpaio did a lot more than run a jail with inhumane conditions....he abused his power, ran investigations on his opponents to get elected, and systematically sweep open cases under the rug.  The people that are coming after him are not liberals or Democrats.  Its hardline conservatives who are simply sick and tired of his shit

Bullshit.

I live in Phoenix, none of your statements are true.

Making prisoners wear pink underwear, eat bologna, and watch the Disney Channel are not inhumane conditions. You're believing the bullshit the media prints and I'm telling you it is not true.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio enforced the law of the land. You make it sound like it is his fault obama and holder turned their back on immigration laws. The Sheriff is the only person trying to keep AZ from being overrun by Mexican drug cartels.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 09:11:00 AM »
Bullshit.

I live in Phoenix, none of your statements are true.

Making prisoners wear pink underwear, eat bologna, and watch the Disney Channel are not inhumane conditions. You're believing the bullshit the media prints and I'm telling you it is not true.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio enforced the law of the land. You make it sound like it is his fault obama and holder turned their back on immigration laws. The Sheriff is the only person trying to keep AZ from being overrun by Mexican drug cartels.

Wikipedia is your friend.  He launch phony investigation on everyone who ran against him and created.  But talking about the jail, feeding people rotten and moldy bread and fruit, refusing medical care, not giving them toilet paper and soap,  and keeping them in unconditioned cells is inhumane.  Remember that a jail is for people who are awaiting trial meaning innocent until proven guilty.  I know this because I worked as a corrections officer.  I'm not saying it needs to be the Hilton but we certainly cannot do this to human beings.   

But the jail is unfortunately nothing compared to what he's done....just read it.  From clear rape cases improperly, attacking political opponents, setting up people, etc.  I'm surprised he was in office this long and all of this cost more taxpayer dollars than a normal county because the funds were used for Joe's pleasure.

Just read.  It may not change your mind but you'll have some more insight on this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio
A