Author Topic: Icarus Great Film on Netflix  (Read 4801 times)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Icarus Great Film on Netflix
« on: August 07, 2017, 04:18:07 PM »
Great film on Netflix regarding doping in Olympics and particularly the Russian National team and the scientist that masterminded the whole PED operation. Seriously interesting, highly recommend this film guys!

When filmmaker Bryan Fogel sets out to uncover the truth about doping in sports, a chance meeting with a Russian scientist transforms his story from a personal experiment into a geopolitical thriller. Dirty urine, unexplained death and Olympic gold are all part of the exposure of the biggest scandal in sports history.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Icarus Great Film on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 04:39:58 PM »
Sounds like Dr John Zeigler's story

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:15:31 PM »
Great film on Netflix regarding doping in Olympics and particularly the Russian National team and the scientist that masterminded the whole PED operation. Seriously interesting, highly recommend this film guys!

When filmmaker Bryan Fogel sets out to uncover the truth about doping in sports, a chance meeting with a Russian scientist transforms his story from a personal experiment into a geopolitical thriller. Dirty urine, unexplained death and Olympic gold are all part of the exposure of the biggest scandal in sports history.
been looking for something good.  is it a doc?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 07:49:57 PM »
been looking for something good.  is it a doc?
Yeah dude, check it out, you won't be disappointed very interesting documentary!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 08:24:42 PM »
I just read about it yesterday.  Seems really interesting.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 09:23:04 PM »
That Russian Dr - that guy has the most realistic pragmatic view on professional sports performance

I am a CSCS and I goto some the NSCA conferences and strength is not recognized the way the Russian did ,same   

Look at the state sponsered bodybuilding (real bodybuilding , not ass lube physique ) in the Middle East -- why do roelly and everyone go there , no distractions , but it's culture , which means you don't have to do ghey shit to be a top competitor there , just hang with some princes and eat laying down on the floor

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 10:51:36 PM »
Good movie. The guy was a user himself in the 80's.

Things get real once his friend has a "heart attack" at 52 when he is about to uncover everything.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 11:38:23 PM »
saw the trailer seems boring.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 11:41:24 PM »
Saw it tonight and def worth seeing.

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 05:26:19 AM »
Sounds like Dr John Zeigler's story

they should do astroy on that as well! how Dbol was created!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 02:30:40 PM »
Figures.

Always wondered how Voevoda could pass the Olympic drug tests when he was so obviously juiced since his armwrestling career...

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 02:53:19 PM »
Figures.

Always wondered how Voevoda could pass the Olympic drug tests when he was so obviously juiced since his armwrestling career...

Russia went from tenth to first in winter Olympic medals and record golds. Switching out urine sample paid off.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 03:18:54 PM »
Russian went from tenth to first in winter Olympic medals and record golds. Switching out urine sample payed off.
Sure did.

As for Voevoda he was placing very well internationally in bobsled before 2014 Winter Olympics as well. Bronze, silver and gold in all international contests he entered since 2006.

Would be interesting to hear Grigory Rodchenkovs comments on how he got Voevoda to pass in those contests as well. The drug protocol. Tampering with urine samples would probably not be as easy in Turin and Vancouver as on home court...

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 08:01:45 AM »
Good movie - the implications are mind blowing , and make claims of Russian interference in our political process at least plausible ........I mean if Putin will go to those lengths for a few gold medals - imagine his attitude towards more significant "Contests". I suppose the biggest implied lie in the movie is that we (the US) are any different if not worse. Worth watching.

Also - I just gotta say that Grigory joining the Witness Protection Program after his experience with the FBI seems somewhat ill advised? They don't seem above turning him over in exchange for something they deem more valuable. But hey, desperate times....... 

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 08:30:03 AM »
Literally just finished it. Very good doc. Another great one is Nobody Speak.

J

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 08:33:19 AM »

Also - I just gotta say that Grigory joining the Witness Protection Program after his experience with the FBI seems somewhat ill advised? They don't seem above turning him over in exchange for something they deem more valuable. But hey, desperate times.......  

Felt horrible for him, but it was the best of a bad situation. If he stayed out he was dead. The FBI/US Gov won't trade him, he's still valuable as a figurehead, and if they did, the Witness Protection Program would be turned on it's ear. The whole system whistleblowers, criminal informants, etc..... would take a hit, both nationally, and international, so he'll be fine.

The smartest thing he did was to go to the Times, and make this movie. He's the Assange of PEDS.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 11:44:07 AM »
Good movie - the implications are mind blowing , and make claims of Russian interference in our political process at least plausible ........I mean if Putin will go to those lengths for a few gold medals - imagine his attitude towards more significant "Contests". I suppose the biggest implied lie in the movie is that we (the US) are any different if not worse. Worth watching.

you seriously think this guy isn't in a lab somewhere helping the USA athletes now?