Author Topic: Advice for Fart Powder Aficionados  (Read 16362 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Advice for Fart Powder Aficionados
« on: August 09, 2017, 05:03:15 PM »
For those of you still falling for the scam of taking protein powder like me, here's some advice on dealing with the gas. Good ol' baking soda. Half a teaspoon in half a glass  once a day will sort you out.

Been taking about 200 g/daily of protein in shakes for the last few months and there have been a few embarrassing moments. Started with the baking soda a few days ago and everything has been rosy.  ;)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Advice for Fart Powder Aficionados
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »
I don't think they are a scam but I'm like you I can not take any of them with out getting gas and the shits.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 05:31:29 PM »
Every since I switched to Dymatize Iso100 no more gas, thank God.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 07:34:54 PM »
I've never gotten gas from protein powders. I do however get gas from eggs or egg protein. Bad!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 07:46:38 PM »
For those of you still falling for the scam of taking protein powder like me, here's some advice on dealing with the gas. Good ol' baking soda. Half a teaspoon in half a glass  once a day will sort you out.

Been taking about 200 g/daily of protein in shakes for the last few months and there have been a few embarrassing moments. Started with the baking soda a few days ago and everything has been rosy.  ;)

If you eat a balanced diet then you DON'T NEED additional protein. 100g a day is plenty to build muscle. You have to remember that muscle magazines never made much profit. So the publishers had

to come up with ways to get additional income. Supplements and small pieces of gym equipment were what most offered. Then supplement companies got rich and they 'supported' the magazines through

advertising. The magazines couldn't well publish the truth about supplements and protein requirement could they? It is a total scam and waste of money. Plus, your liver has to break down those extra complex

protein chains into.....glucose.

Broscience is what most here possess. What is the test of the truth of information re nutrition? Textbooks for graduate students in Nutrition and journals publishing studies done in the area. Compare that

to listening to guys in the gym or reading magazines or going online. 50 grams of protein is sufficient but who here is going to believe that? Nope, they read that muscle is mainly protein so they conclude

they need more protein. Well, muscles are mostly water so perhaps bodybuilders should drink more water?!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 07:46:43 PM »
I've never gotten gas from protein powders. I do however get gas from eggs or egg protein. Bad!

For me, gas/stomach issues increase with the number of shakes I'm taking. Until recently, I tried not to go over two shakes a day at 48g/a piece, but I upped it recently. Results were worth it, but my tummy was doing the flippety-flop.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 07:47:17 PM »
If your lactose intolerant don't use any milk based protein powder.  Problem solved. I use a mixture of pea, rice and hemp protein. Zero stomach problems. Pure Pea protein gives me some issues but when it's only part of a blend it isn't bad. Thinking about trying soy protein but the estrogen controversy stops me. Orgain and Vega one tastes great and for me zero problems. Egg protein is expensive and mixes like crap. The cheapest way to go is to buy eggs and cook them.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 07:48:06 PM »
If you eat a balanced diet then you DON'T NEED additional protein. 100g a day is plenty to build muscle.

Surprised it took 4 replies to get this response.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »
Get a quality whey islolate and you will have zero gas or bloating, you will have to shell out extra money, but it's your body and your health. Look into Isopure, clean protein and you won't see a paragraph when it comes to the ingredients list.

AusBB

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 07:57:24 PM »
If your lactose intolerant don't use any milk based protein powder.  Problem solved. I use a mixture of pea, rice and hemp protein. Zero stomach problems. Pure Pea protein gives me some issues but when it's only part of a blend it isn't bad. Thinking about trying soy protein but the estrogen controversy stops me. Orgain and Vega one tastes great and for me zero problems. Egg protein is expensive and mixes like crap. The cheapest way to go is to buy eggs and cook them.

Does your vagina get wet when you are mixing up your pea, rice and hemp protein?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 07:59:04 PM »

I actually switched to EAS soy protein because I thought that might help me out, but it didn't really have an effect on me.  From what I've read, protein breakdown causes a chemical reaction in your stomach that results in gas  :P. Whether or not that's bro-science, who's to say?
But, yeah, I agree changing your type of protein is definitely something to consider doing if your having issues with protein tolerance.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »

Cherished believes remain with us to the grave. Pellius was taking too much protein. He cut back and didn't suffer but he never tried discarding that supplement.

Look at this thread. No one is going to change what they believe.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 08:56:34 PM »
For me, gas/stomach issues increase with the number of shakes I'm taking. Until recently, I tried not to go over two shakes a day at 48g/a piece, but I upped it recently. Results were worth it, but my tummy was doing the flippety-flop.

for future reference. Getbiggers don't use the word tummy

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 10:57:06 PM »
for future reference. Getbiggers don't use the word tummy

Or flipety-flop. Some Mary Poppins stuff there.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 11:09:54 PM »
If you eat a balanced diet then you DON'T NEED additional protein. 100g a day is plenty to build muscle. You have to remember that muscle magazines never made much profit. So the publishers had

to come up with ways to get additional income. Supplements and small pieces of gym equipment were what most offered. Then supplement companies got rich and they 'supported' the magazines through

advertising. The magazines couldn't well publish the truth about supplements and protein requirement could they? It is a total scam and waste of money. Plus, your liver has to break down those extra complex

Broscience is what most here possess. What is the test of the truth of information re nutrition? Textbooks for graduate students in Nutrition and journals publishing studies done in the area. Compare that

to listening to guys in the gym or reading magazines or going online. 50 grams of protein is sufficient but who here is going to believe that? Nope, they read that muscle is mainly protein so they conclude

they need more protein. Well, muscles are mostly water so perhaps bodybuilders should drink more water?!

You are an idiot. You supposedly have respect for science and ignore all data that is available. You are several decades behind the times.

Please Vince, just for once, read this for example and then argue your point. If you make a good case for the "50g grams is sufficient" and I'll readily admit it.

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-017-0177-8

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 11:21:38 PM »
Most of companies don`t tell where the whey comes from, the manufacturer of it is unknown. Some do write the whey ingredient origin such as Optipep from Carberry.

Ireland has no growth hormones allowed in milk production so it is a good quality milk for whey production.

https://carbery.com/nutrition/our-products/optipep/

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 02:08:11 AM »

What's a balanced and how many people follow it? One the main reasons for protein/nutrition drinks is convenience. I don't have time to sit down and eat breakfast on work days. A shake with frozen strawberries, banana. Olive oil, and some 35 grams of whey hits the spot.

I think you're right about the symbiotic relationship with the muscle mags and supplement companies but so what? ALL business relationships are suppose to be mutually beneficial or why bother.

And what's this nonsense about protein powder being converted into glucose. It's converted into amino acids. Only in the absences of carbs where it breaks down into glucose like the various keto diets where amino acids are converted to glucose. Remember whey or casein IS food that comes from milk.

And a 100 grams or 50 grams is enough? Enough for whom? Does it matter if you are a skinny/fat 155 pounder who only picks up a fork or a 275 muscle bound freak? To add muscle you need more of everything -- including protein.

And come on, Vince, it's 2017. There are tons of studies, not bro science, proving the benefits of high protein (relatively speaking) and how important it is for an athlete that makes unusual demands on their body.

But I will concede that most ingest far more protein than they need. But it's no big deal. They need the extra calories anyway and getting in from protein instead of fats and carbs is just wasted dollars. It's not the end of the world. I know I wasted a ton of cheddar cramming down 300 grams/day to support my massive 180 physique -- LOL!

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 02:18:42 AM »

100 grams isnt enough for me. Even 200. To grow i need near 300 gram a day, and i am a tinytit.
Now if you want to bodybuild for life, i surely wont recomend high protein diets for years.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 02:26:10 AM »
I forgot, everyone is an expert here on Getbig and in every gym in the world. Amazing.

I am not changing what I wrote. Broscience will persist long after everyone here has gone.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 02:35:03 AM »
I forgot, everyone is an expert here on Getbig and in every gym in the world. Amazing.

I am not changing what I wrote. Broscience will persist long after everyone here has gone.

What are you going to eat now for dinner? How much protein?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 02:35:49 AM »

This condescending tone is pathetic. I'm not an expert but I referred to research and experts above. I suppose you consider yourself an expert then? You think a bodybuilder needs LESS protein than a sedentary individual. You think the governmental RDA's in Europe, US, AUS etc are all wrong! Cite your research then!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 02:57:13 AM »
This condescending tone is pathetic. I'm not an expert but I referred to research and experts above. I suppose you consider yourself an expert then? You think a bodybuilder needs LESS protein than a sedentary individual. You think the governmental RDA's in Europe, US, AUS etc are all wrong! Cite your research then!

Don't cite crap studies to me then. Where is the genuine, unbiased research for advanced bodybuilders?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 03:02:27 AM »
I rather spend the same money on good quality food.

When I was using protein powder and then stopped, I saw no differences.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2017, 03:03:10 AM »
Don't cite crap studies to me then. Where is the genuine, unbiased research for advanced bodybuilders?

I have my own experience, on how much protein i need to grow. Most guys who hit plateaus on their muscular development, start improving again, when protein intake increases.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 05:26:32 AM »
The protein powders/weight gainers from 30 years ago were gas bombs, mainly because of their high lactose content.   I never got gas from the newer whey protein powders because the lactose is removed.

Egg protein powder produces a lot of sulfur, which is why those farts smell so bad.